Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

India-Forums

Discussion thread - Week of 5/9/2011 (Page 13)

gardes IF-Dazzler
gardes
gardes

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jpalagrawal

Does it make me pathetic that after watching Friday's episode 5 times online at least, I am eagerly waiting watching it on TV tonight in the US? Confused

You and me both, JP.  Then that makes 2 pathetic souls, right!!!!  Ouch

I prefer to watch aired shows in general.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Aginaya69rani2007Julie0001Infofan

Pleiades Groupbie
Pleiades
Pleiades

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gardes

Originally posted by jpalagrawal

Does it make me pathetic that after watching Friday's episode 5 times online at least, I am eagerly waiting watching it on TV tonight in the US? Confused

You and me both, JP.  Then that makes 2 pathetic souls, right!!!!  Ouch

I prefer to watch aired shows in general.

Yup, me too, though I've also watched online, there are soo many nuances to the dialogue.

& Aww...Thanks for the welcome guys!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Julie0001gardesInfofan

rani2007 Goldie
rani2007
rani2007

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 3:58pm | IP Logged
LOL guys, I'll jump in and say me 4... and I'av watched it 3-4 times already.

I meant to post earlier but I did not get a chance...

After Friday's episode, I'm not sure what to think about Guddu.  I have decided that for now I just don't like him.

The way Guddu is acting you would think this is the relationship between Guddu and Runjhun and this is what is going through his head.

"Guddu and Runjhun met and their families decided to get them married.  Guddu knew about Runjhun's engagement with Abhigyaan and knew that it had fallen apart. Gunjhun get married and start to like each other.  Guddu finds out his wife still thinks about Abhigyaan and is trying to change him into his image.  Guddu is disgusted by Runjhun's actions and does not understand how he could have been duped by her.  Guddu thinks about how nice he has always been to Runjhun and how well he has always treated her.  How he has never bothered her or yelled at her or misunderstood her.  Guddu cannot understand how someone would not love him just the way he is.  Runjhun did not want to change him to become a better person but rather to become Abhigyaan.  And, Runjhun spies on him. Just the icing on this cake."

The above makes no sense as I think Guddu has blocked out parts of his history with Runjhun. I just don't understand where Guddu is coming from.  I guess Guddu's ego/pride has been hurt at the thought that Runjhun prefers Abhiugyaan and that is why he lashed out at her.  If he actually thinks about... and if he still thinks Runjhun prefers Abhigyaan and is in love with him... shouldn't he think well why would she like him more than me?  What has he done that I have not done?  Would Guddu then make the connection that Shocked he hasn't treated Runjhun well? Yes, he's been nice to her the last few days but that's all. And, he's lost his temper with her quite a few times in the middle of it.  The only time he didn't yell at her was after she found out he paid the kid to buy the cellphone charger. 

Would he then consider the fact that maybe he needs to make amends?  Not even make amends...but maybe start to give Runjhun the benefit of the doubt?  Maybe start to support her especially in this scenario with Jabbo and Mahadevi?

It's like Guddu has forgotten that Runjhun did not agree to marry him. Heck, HE didn't agree to marry HER!!   He's forgotten that Runjhun was not supposed to marry Abhigyaan that day but was supposed to marry Shashi (I think that was the name).  He's forgotten that he's the reason Runjhun's engagement to Abhigyaan fell apart.  He's forgotten that she's the one who begged him to stay the day he left PN after getting the 100k from the Mamas.  He's forgotten that he made her beg on her knees and still did not agree to stay.  He's forgotten that he tried to shoot her.  He's forgotten that Runjhun's always honest with him.  He's forgotten WHY Runjhun burned the wedding things that Guddu had touched.. and the fact that she burned them because he tried to auction off her wedding items.  I don't think she would have burned anything had the auction not happened and Guddu had just stolen the items.  It wasn't just his touch that caused her to burn the items.

A normal guy... would realize how much he has wronged someone... and try to change FOR that person to show them what kind of person he can be.  He would change to show that person that he is deserving of their love and affection.  Not our Guddu though...accept me for who I am and who are you to not love each and every action of mine even if I have wronged you at every turn.  How dare you try to make me into a gentleman like this Abhigyaan? I'm awesome and he's dirt. 

Guddu...AngryAngryAngry

Ok, I'm done now.

Julie0001gardesInfofan

Julie0001 Goldie
Julie0001
Julie0001

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rani2007

LOL guys, I'll jump in and say me 4... and I'av watched it 3-4 times already.

I meant to post earlier but I did not get a chance...

After Friday's episode, I'm not sure what to think about Guddu.  I have decided that for now I just don't like him.

The way Guddu is acting you would think this is the relationship between Guddu and Runjhun and this is what is going through his head.

"Guddu and Runjhun met and their families decided to get them married.  Guddu knew about Runjhun's engagement with Abhigyaan and knew that it had fallen apart. Gunjhun get married and start to like each other.  Guddu finds out his wife still thinks about Abhigyaan and is trying to change him into his image.  Guddu is disgusted by Runjhun's actions and does not understand how he could have been duped by her.  Guddu thinks about how nice he has always been to Runjhun and how well he has always treated her.  How he has never bothered her or yelled at her or misunderstood her.  Guddu cannot understand how someone would not love him just the way he is.  Runjhun did not want to change him to become a better person but rather to become Abhigyaan.  And, Runjhun spies on him. Just the icing on this cake."

The above makes no sense as I think Guddu has blocked out parts of his history with Runjhun. I just don't understand where Guddu is coming from.  I guess Guddu's ego/pride has been hurt at the thought that Runjhun prefers Abhiugyaan and that is why he lashed out at her.  If he actually thinks about... and if he still thinks Runjhun prefers Abhigyaan and is in love with him... shouldn't he think well why would she like him more than me?  What has he done that I have not done?  Would Guddu then make the connection that Shocked he hasn't treated Runjhun well? Yes, he's been nice to her the last few days but that's all. And, he's lost his temper with her quite a few times in the middle of it.  The only time he didn't yell at her was after she found out he paid the kid to buy the cellphone charger. 

Would he then consider the fact that maybe he needs to make amends?  Not even make amends...but maybe start to give Runjhun the benefit of the doubt?  Maybe start to support her especially in this scenario with Jabbo and Mahadevi?

It's like Guddu has forgotten that Runjhun did not agree to marry him. Heck, HE didn't agree to marry HER!!   He's forgotten that Runjhun was not supposed to marry Abhigyaan that day but was supposed to marry Shashi (I think that was the name).  He's forgotten that he's the reason Runjhun's engagement to Abhigyaan fell apart.  He's forgotten that she's the one who begged him to stay the day he left PN after getting the 100k from the Mamas.  He's forgotten that he made her beg on her knees and still did not agree to stay.  He's forgotten that he tried to shoot her.  He's forgotten that Runjhun's always honest with him.  He's forgotten WHY Runjhun burned the wedding things that Guddu had touched.. and the fact that she burned them because he tried to auction off her wedding items.  I don't think she would have burned anything had the auction not happened and Guddu had just stolen the items.  It wasn't just his touch that caused her to burn the items.

A normal guy... would realize how much he has wronged someone... and try to change FOR that person to show them what kind of person he can be.  He would change to show that person that he is deserving of their love and affection.  Not our Guddu though...accept me for who I am and who are you to not love each and every action of mine even if I have wronged you at every turn.  How dare you try to make me into a gentleman like this Abhigyaan? I'm awesome and he's dirt. 

Guddu...AngryAngryAngry

Ok, I'm done now.

Rani, love your  perspective. I felt really sorry for Guddu on Friday. I hope that it is not just because he is a man who is so fearless about his emotions and so damn easy on the eyes.Embarrassed

But one thing that I do not like is how he talks to RJ about Neelu

If you watch the scene carefully, when Guddu brings up Abhi, RJ's face has I do not know if it is pity or sorrow, but she feels bad that he misunderstood. She tries to clear the misunderstanding a few times saying that Abhi is not between them and that she is not changing Guddu into Abhi

But when she brought up the bar dancer the first time Guddu immediately turns on her saying that she is a spy and talks down to her. And when she mentions Neelu as a bar dancer, he gets defensive and threatens violence. He asks her what she knows and threatens to slap her after she compares Neelu to a bar dancer. But there is no effort on his part to clear her misunderstanding. In fact, he then tells her to shut up and it is all over.  There is no acknowledgment of even her possible earlier shame of seeing him at the dancing bar or her feeling that this Neelu is in their marriage.

Edited by jpalagrawal - 15 May 2011 at 4:39pm

rani2007gardesInfofan

gardes IF-Dazzler
gardes
gardes

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 5:08pm | IP Logged
Rani, I loved the way you finally expressed you thoughts on Friday's episode.  And I can see why your post seems against Guddu.

In the last few days we got to see more of the vulnerability of Runjhun and we feel we got to know her better, but Guddu came back with his anger from the left field (Embarrassed, Rani) and that blind-sided us.  He went tangential in his thought-process and it stunned us.  Your questions are all very relevant based on this tangential hissy fit!  You make good points.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rani2007Infofan

sofeajan Groupbie
sofeajan
sofeajan

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 5:59pm | IP Logged
Hi Rani totally agree wth you about GUddu except that I still live Guddu. I guess al l the blindspots you have brought up with regards to Guddu are true, I believe it is all part of his 'growing up' . I also believe that the CVs will tie everything in once Guddu sort out his feelings for Runjhun.
Just like everyone, I have watched on line several times and still waiting to watch in on screen.
This morning I woke to YAY its Monday!!!ClapClapClap. Tonite I will get to see the continuation.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Julie0001

Pleiades Groupbie
Pleiades
Pleiades

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rani2007

Guddu...AngryAngryAngry

Ok, I'm done now.

Yeah, I agree, it seems that Guddu certainly seems to have a sort of selective memory when it comes to his interactions with Runjhun.

I mean, the 2 mamas, Vishnu & Rajju, basically instigated his mother into falling into a coma, and yet he seems to be a lot more forgive and forget about that (yes, i know he's still rude and threatening, but that's also how he behaved with them before they hurt his mother).

Where as while yes, Runjhun did unintentionally send him to jail twice and hurt his "honour" that way, he still seems to go overboard in his previous outright hatred of her, and his anger with her in the past.

Though I guess, one could argue, that the very fact that he gets so emotionally involved/invested/incensed and is unable to think clearly and logically when it comes to Runjhun, is because he does seem to have a connection and unique relationship with her, and that right now it is all so complicated, but when it finally gets resolved, he'll find it to be the most fulfilling relationship of his life.

Edit: formatting

Edited by Pleiades - 15 May 2011 at 7:45pm

Aginaya69rani2007Infofan

gardes IF-Dazzler
gardes
gardes

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
Guys, misunderstandings happen when you are invested emotionally in a relationship, e.g. in friendships, with your spouse, parents, siblings.  A slight miscommunication takes on a life of its own.

Ever since the 2 got married, I have been calling daily episodes since then as an anatomy of a (mis)-arranged marriage.  It takes a lot of effort and energy to build and maintain a relationship and with many ups and downs, you get to know the person better and you are on your way to build a solid foundation.

With each change in status (employment, illnesses, kids, in-laws), you revisit and reset your priorities, but if there is a solid foundation on which the relationship is initially based, the transition gets smoother.

Communication at each step is the key element.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rani2007Infofan

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index