Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Just wanted to write my feelings -

I had a feeling of relief long time back, probably about 50 days back (since we have that counter thread going on .. it is easy) when Guddu and Runjhun got married.

I had told now I feel relieved that both got married, now I can sit-back and watch how these two go from here.

Yesterday after watching the episode, I had one more feeling of relief, relief that they brought it all out, that was unsaid. 

What a journey it was, to be part of their lives and be able to see their ups and downs, sorrows and joy, hopes and desires, dreams and disasters... such a pleasure and a relief. I cannot put into words.

I wish I could write a poem! 

Pleiades thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bee5

Guddu does not want to become Abhigyaan and have what Abhigyaan had [the way Abhigyaan had Runjhun - the relation Guddu thought R-A had/shared when we see through his eyes. Guddu used to tease them as the greatest lovers in the history -( the Shahajahan-Anarkali part!)] He is sure he does not want to become Abhigyaan at any cost, not even if he (by being so) gets Runjhun the way Abhigyaan had. He wants to have her, her acceptance only if she can take him the way he is, (not like someone else.) Guddu is extremely hurt knowing that she can never accept him though he himself is a good person. (Both of them know he is good, that is the reason he keeps coming back to prove he can be good). He had hoped since he is inherently good and had proven so, so many times and when she has no qualms of accepting and fighting for his sake in front of his entire family, he thought she is slowly accepting him. But he is shattered thinking that she can never consider him good and can never accept him and can give a place in her heart. He is shocked to know that his legally wedded wife can think of her ex! (His words - "I do not put a dragger from the back", "You are the one who has sin in the heart.") Of course he is wrong.

Hi guys!
First post, lurked since March, finally joined up because this forum didn't seem intimidating but was still intellectually-stimulating (and hopefully welcoming!), hope my thoughts are up to speed.

Anyways, I agree greatly with bee5, Guddu really wants to be accepted how he is. As someone in the forum stated before, in his own mind he is a perfectly acceptable man: own/successful business, mini-family with Kukkan, Jabbo, and co., and he is a man who gets respect (fear?) around town. And now he thinks he is being compared to this ideal of Abhigyan, who he is not particularly impressed with, just being a straight-laced teacher. He wants Runjhun to see that he is not so bad, and see the things he does for her and can do for her. But ofcourse, even now they are still not communicating what they want from each other and what they hope for each other, so we'll see how it turns out 🥱.
Edited by Pleiades - 12 years ago
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pleiades

Hi guys!
First post, lurked since March, finally joined up because this forum didn't seem intimidating but was still intellectually-stimulating (and hopefully welcoming!), hope my thoughts are up to speed.

Anyways, I agree greatly with bee5, Guddu really wants to be accepted how he is. As someone in the forum stated before, in his own mind he is a perfectly acceptable man: own/successful business, mini-family with Kukkan, Jabbo, and co., and he is a man who gets respect (fear?) around town. And now he thinks he is being compared to this ideal of Abhigyan, who he is not particularly impressed with, just being a straight-laced teacher. He wants Runjhun to see that he is not so bad, and see the things he does for her and can do for her. But ofcourse, even now they are still not communicating what they want from each other and what they hope for each other, so we'll see how it turns out 🥱.

Welcome to the forum, Pleiades.  We pledge not to bite (😉😛) our newcomers, so please be an active participant.  The more, the merrier, as the saying goes.

Abhigyan for all his usuls (principles) to change society, turned tail and ran when under pressure.  Guddu, on the other hand, will stand up for what he believes in (rightly or wrongly) and fight for that person - case in point Jabbo-Mahadevi.  He stood by Runjhun though he harbored doubts until Jabbo was caught red-handed.
bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pleiades

Hi guys!

Hi Pleiades
Please do join in our discussions. 

You are summed up your thoughts nicely.
LOL at your last emoticon ...That just tells the lurking ways of your presence on the forum and watching the show laid-back ... I wish I can do that! ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜†

EcliPSe_2010 thumbnail
Hi ALL
I was thinking since Mr. G was drunk when he blurted out everything that has been bothering him..what happens when he wakes up in the morning next?? I don't think he'll be able to face R..but who knows?  Guddu really wears his heart on his sleeve.  
Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Does it make me pathetic that after watching Friday's episode 5 times online at least, I am eagerly waiting watching it on TV tonight in the US? ðŸ˜• Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jpalagrawal

Does it make me pathetic that after watching Friday's episode 5 times online at least, I am eagerly waiting watching it on TV tonight in the US? ðŸ˜•

You and me both, JP.  Then that makes 2 pathetic souls, right!!!! 

I prefer to watch aired shows in general.
Pleiades thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: gardes

You and me both, JP.  Then that makes 2 pathetic souls, right!!!! 

I prefer to watch aired shows in general.

Yup, me too, though I've also watched online, there are soo many nuances to the dialogue.

& Aww...Thanks for the welcome guys!
rani2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
LOL guys, I'll jump in and say me 4... and I'av watched it 3-4 times already.

I meant to post earlier but I did not get a chance...

After Friday's episode, I'm not sure what to think about Guddu.  I have decided that for now I just don't like him.

The way Guddu is acting you would think this is the relationship between Guddu and Runjhun and this is what is going through his head.

"Guddu and Runjhun met and their families decided to get them married.  Guddu knew about Runjhun's engagement with Abhigyaan and knew that it had fallen apart. Gunjhun get married and start to like each other.  Guddu finds out his wife still thinks about Abhigyaan and is trying to change him into his image.  Guddu is disgusted by Runjhun's actions and does not understand how he could have been duped by her.  Guddu thinks about how nice he has always been to Runjhun and how well he has always treated her.  How he has never bothered her or yelled at her or misunderstood her.  Guddu cannot understand how someone would not love him just the way he is.  Runjhun did not want to change him to become a better person but rather to become Abhigyaan.  And, Runjhun spies on him. Just the icing on this cake."

The above makes no sense as I think Guddu has blocked out parts of his history with Runjhun. I just don't understand where Guddu is coming from.  I guess Guddu's ego/pride has been hurt at the thought that Runjhun prefers Abhiugyaan and that is why he lashed out at her.  If he actually thinks about... and if he still thinks Runjhun prefers Abhigyaan and is in love with him... shouldn't he think well why would she like him more than me?  What has he done that I have not done?  Would Guddu then make the connection that 😲 he hasn't treated Runjhun well? Yes, he's been nice to her the last few days but that's all. And, he's lost his temper with her quite a few times in the middle of it.  The only time he didn't yell at her was after she found out he paid the kid to buy the cellphone charger. 

Would he then consider the fact that maybe he needs to make amends?  Not even make amends...but maybe start to give Runjhun the benefit of the doubt?  Maybe start to support her especially in this scenario with Jabbo and Mahadevi?

It's like Guddu has forgotten that Runjhun did not agree to marry him. Heck, HE didn't agree to marry HER!!   He's forgotten that Runjhun was not supposed to marry Abhigyaan that day but was supposed to marry Shashi (I think that was the name).  He's forgotten that he's the reason Runjhun's engagement to Abhigyaan fell apart.  He's forgotten that she's the one who begged him to stay the day he left PN after getting the 100k from the Mamas.  He's forgotten that he made her beg on her knees and still did not agree to stay.  He's forgotten that he tried to shoot her.  He's forgotten that Runjhun's always honest with him.  He's forgotten WHY Runjhun burned the wedding things that Guddu had touched.. and the fact that she burned them because he tried to auction off her wedding items.  I don't think she would have burned anything had the auction not happened and Guddu had just stolen the items.  It wasn't just his touch that caused her to burn the items.

A normal guy... would realize how much he has wronged someone... and try to change FOR that person to show them what kind of person he can be.  He would change to show that person that he is deserving of their love and affection.  Not our Guddu though...accept me for who I am and who are you to not love each and every action of mine even if I have wronged you at every turn.  How dare you try to make me into a gentleman like this Abhigyaan? I'm awesome and he's dirt. 

Guddu...😡😡😡

Ok, I'm done now.

Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rani2007

LOL guys, I'll jump in and say me 4... and I'av watched it 3-4 times already.

I meant to post earlier but I did not get a chance...

After Friday's episode, I'm not sure what to think about Guddu.  I have decided that for now I just don't like him.

The way Guddu is acting you would think this is the relationship between Guddu and Runjhun and this is what is going through his head.

"Guddu and Runjhun met and their families decided to get them married.  Guddu knew about Runjhun's engagement with Abhigyaan and knew that it had fallen apart. Gunjhun get married and start to like each other.  Guddu finds out his wife still thinks about Abhigyaan and is trying to change him into his image.  Guddu is disgusted by Runjhun's actions and does not understand how he could have been duped by her.  Guddu thinks about how nice he has always been to Runjhun and how well he has always treated her.  How he has never bothered her or yelled at her or misunderstood her.  Guddu cannot understand how someone would not love him just the way he is.  Runjhun did not want to change him to become a better person but rather to become Abhigyaan.  And, Runjhun spies on him. Just the icing on this cake."

The above makes no sense as I think Guddu has blocked out parts of his history with Runjhun. I just don't understand where Guddu is coming from.  I guess Guddu's ego/pride has been hurt at the thought that Runjhun prefers Abhiugyaan and that is why he lashed out at her.  If he actually thinks about... and if he still thinks Runjhun prefers Abhigyaan and is in love with him... shouldn't he think well why would she like him more than me?  What has he done that I have not done?  Would Guddu then make the connection that 😲 he hasn't treated Runjhun well? Yes, he's been nice to her the last few days but that's all. And, he's lost his temper with her quite a few times in the middle of it.  The only time he didn't yell at her was after she found out he paid the kid to buy the cellphone charger. 

Would he then consider the fact that maybe he needs to make amends?  Not even make amends...but maybe start to give Runjhun the benefit of the doubt?  Maybe start to support her especially in this scenario with Jabbo and Mahadevi?

It's like Guddu has forgotten that Runjhun did not agree to marry him. Heck, HE didn't agree to marry HER!!   He's forgotten that Runjhun was not supposed to marry Abhigyaan that day but was supposed to marry Shashi (I think that was the name).  He's forgotten that he's the reason Runjhun's engagement to Abhigyaan fell apart.  He's forgotten that she's the one who begged him to stay the day he left PN after getting the 100k from the Mamas.  He's forgotten that he made her beg on her knees and still did not agree to stay.  He's forgotten that he tried to shoot her.  He's forgotten that Runjhun's always honest with him.  He's forgotten WHY Runjhun burned the wedding things that Guddu had touched.. and the fact that she burned them because he tried to auction off her wedding items.  I don't think she would have burned anything had the auction not happened and Guddu had just stolen the items.  It wasn't just his touch that caused her to burn the items.

A normal guy... would realize how much he has wronged someone... and try to change FOR that person to show them what kind of person he can be.  He would change to show that person that he is deserving of their love and affection.  Not our Guddu though...accept me for who I am and who are you to not love each and every action of mine even if I have wronged you at every turn.  How dare you try to make me into a gentleman like this Abhigyaan? I'm awesome and he's dirt. 

Guddu...😡😡😡

Ok, I'm done now.

Rani, love your  perspective. I felt really sorry for Guddu on Friday. I hope that it is not just because he is a man who is so fearless about his emotions and so damn easy on the eyes.😳

But one thing that I do not like is how he talks to RJ about Neelu

If you watch the scene carefully, when Guddu brings up Abhi, RJ's face has I do not know if it is pity or sorrow, but she feels bad that he misunderstood. She tries to clear the misunderstanding a few times saying that Abhi is not between them and that she is not changing Guddu into Abhi

But when she brought up the bar dancer the first time Guddu immediately turns on her saying that she is a spy and talks down to her. And when she mentions Neelu as a bar dancer, he gets defensive and threatens violence. He asks her what she knows and threatens to slap her after she compares Neelu to a bar dancer. But there is no effort on his part to clear her misunderstanding. In fact, he then tells her to shut up and it is all over.  There is no acknowledgment of even her possible earlier shame of seeing him at the dancing bar or her feeling that this Neelu is in their marriage.

Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago