Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EcliPSe_2010 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Infofan

Nice post EcliPSe_2010. I have already seen the episode online three times back to back 😳

Just wanted to give R and G and big hug.

I was wondering if the only reason R saved the flowers G had given her was because it was possibly the first time someone other than amma had given her a gift?

Also, what did G mean when he said the storm is already here, all that is left is to be destroyed in the storm? He could not realized his feelings for R yet.

Thxs Infofan.
What I found surprising is that she kept the flowers-(what a detail for the CV's to remember).  The flowers&pink saree were gifted to her from her husband, a stranger to her at the time he gave her the gift, but still she kept them-so symbolic of her subconscious acts.  I think it was the first gift she ever received from anyone except the ones that Amma gave her perhaps.  But this was not from Amma, it was from her husband-i see no doubt that Runjhun does regard G as her husband and she was starting to get a friend in him also.  I don't think G has really realized his feelings for R yet, the emotions are there, but he doesn't know why he is acting the way he does with her.  He tries to be so coldhearted and the next second he melts seeing her tears.  So, both the characters are traveling the journey of self awareness at the same time-at least this is what I see when I watch the episodes.  Actually, Guddu since he is street smart has got more people interactions in his life, meanwhile, R has always led this secluded life of a servant in the Pandey Niwas, and her focus has been her Evil M&M's, she is kind of performing her duties in a robotlike manner.  And the truth of the matter is probably she did not want to get married to a "gunda" like Guddu and probably he does the disgust her.  But since being together in that room, she made a friend.  And she also saw the difference in him and her Evil M&M's.  She stood up for him.  I think these two are such a lovely characters.  I just hope the Neelu business doesn't ruin this series for me.  

Referring to Abhigyan as Masterji at his feet, means to me more of a hierarchic statement alluding to his status as a King-Raja and Abhigyan just a teacher.  A nobody-i think G was feeling insecure about the Masterji-perhaps his knowledge etc.  G was trying to present himself as a ruler where the likes of the learned Masterji are at his feet-I saw this dialogue as a person being insecure and trying to justify their status in life.  
Edited by EcliPSe_2010 - 12 years ago
Infofan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
  I just hope the Neelu business doesn't ruin this series for me.  

Referring to Abhigyan as Masterji at his feet, means to me more of a hierarchic statement alluding to his status as a King-Raja and Abhigyan just a teacher.  A nobody-i think G was feeling insecure about the Masterji-perhaps his knowledge etc.  G was trying to present himself as a ruler where the likes of the learned Masterji are at his feet-I saw this dialogue as a person being insecure and trying to justify their status in life.  
[/QUOTE]

Thanks EcliPSe_2010 for explaining this so eloquently 😊 R is also more educated than G so that might also add to the feeling that he is not worthy of her.

Much of Guddu's past is still a mystery to us. Yes, I am hoping too that the Neelu business is handled well. So far CV's have not disappointed us.
K__S thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I also loved today's episode! What a power packed epi/performance. Both Nivedita and Himmanshoo did a fab job!

You could just read their pain..somewhat desperation if I may say.This whole week has been so good, today Monday seems so far away, LOL

It's so true how Wafah pointed out earlier how they have accepted each other in their lives without knowing.

I'm so glad that for once amma said, I don't want to know. It's your problem you sort it out. Runjhun looked so lost at the same time she was like what the hell? But it's a good thing. This is what should have happened way before.

Having said all that I think what ticked Guddu even more off is that today, after a long time, she repeated that she is disgusted by him (ghin aata hai aapse). Guddu was already fighting with the whole Abhigyaan issue, I think this just set him off into burning his clothes. Like a sort tit-for-tat. (She once burned the clothes he touched and now he's doing the same.) That's (to me) why he said to her tumhare mann mein paap hain. Little does he know what occurred between Abhigyaan and Runjhun while he was out of Kannauj.

Edited by K__S - 12 years ago
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks everyone for adding to today's discussion.  I am tied up with other things right now and won't be able to join until much later.  I still need to watch the episode at my pace to get all that happened - it was packing one two punch all the way and I don't want to miss out on anything.

Also I want to write so much and my mind is all over the place.  Though I was around town, my mind was on the episode.  I am thinkful to hubby for driving today.

JP, I am gld your question was answered.

Everyone:  great comments.

Be back later...
Wafah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: gardes

Thanks everyone for adding to today's discussion.  I am tied up with other things right now and won't be able to join until much later.  I still need to watch the episode at my pace to get all that happened - it was packing one two punch all the way and I don't want to miss out on anything.

Also I want to write so much and my mind is all over the place.  Though I was around town, my mind was on the episode.  I am thinkful to hubby for driving today.

JP, I am gld your question was answered.

Everyone:  great comments.

Be back later...

Gardes I know exactly how you feel...my mind feels the same way...I've been trying to run errands all day but I can't stop coming back to today's episode. Definitely a good way to end the weekend.
bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
My thoughts for the episode of 13th May 2011
===================================
Abhigyaan was an issue? "Iam-disgusted-by-your-touch" was even bigger issue than that. 
All these days, all of the past was in deep slumber somewhere deep-down in his heart. He had forgotten all of that and had started to like her .. had started to trust her.
Jabbo just had to give a little push and that something that was sleeping for long in Guddu's heart woke-up. He was fine even when Jabbo mentioned it .. Guddu would have easily forgotten that again had it not brought by Runjhun by her own mouth. But she does it so obliviously like as she says - Only those who have guilt will have to fear. 

That day when she mentioned it, what got left out and unmentioned was that she was okay with her current marriage in whatever circumstances it had to happen , yes, she did feel no other girl should have go through it, but now she is okay with it. 

All she had for Abhigyaan was just respect and that must have turned to a 'blank' after he backed off at the crucial moment when he had to be her strength. But what does Guddu know about all that? Runjhun's past words were stuck like a thorn in his heart and with her mere mention of Abhigyaan's name today, was like someone meddling with that stuck thorn, pushing it further and causing him pain.

I do not think Guddu is jealous about Abhigyaan. I agree with him when he says "I keep him under my toe nails". He is right, he doesn't have any competition with Abhigyaan .. atleast he doesn't think so. What hurt him was when he understands that Runjhun wants to turn him into Abhigyaan. He knows he is good and he can be good. He wanted to be good, good for her, good for her Amma, good for everyone slowly and steadily. But what he did not want was to be someone else. Ofcourse it was a misunderstanding on his part. But that hurt him so much that he wanted to destroy himself in that hurt and get lost in the pain (The Aandhi-Toofan dialogue). What was worth mentioning was though he miscontruted things, he did not keep it to himself and blurted it all out. Atleast now she knows where he is coming from and what he is thinking.

The other day Runjhun had asked - do you trust me? 
I wonder what Guddu would have replied if she had asked that question today? Whatever it would have been, it would not have been pleasant like the other day.
That day when she asks that question, he simply says yes. (The reluctance he shows initially was for the timing of that question from her. Like as if to say - now where does the question of trust arise here?). Actually speaking there was no reason for him to trust. Yes, she is a good person. But he was also right, when he says, "how can you be so sure it is Jabbo, there is no mention of his name and you  do not know his writing". There was no reason for him to trust bcos he was totally unaware of what she was aware of. She had seen Jabbo-Mahadevi during building the IM mobile centre, she knew it was Jabbo who gave the mobile to Mahadevi. She was sure it was Jaboo. Guddu was not aware of any of those facts and she hadn't mentioned it. So, it was just her words against Jabbo but he was willing to believe her. But today, when his heart was consumed by the misunderstanding, he wasn't able to trust her.

Neelu issue was also had slept somewhere in Runjhun's mind, but today when he brings up Abhigyaan, she also brings up Neelu. Glad she brought that issue as well today itself and didn't keep it to herself.

I wonder if she has realised what was that, that has caused this issue between them now, why Guddu behaved this way today?

Entire episode was painful and touching with brilliant performances. Out of the stupendous episode, a few things I have to mention -
- The look that she gives to Guddu Shukla Mobile Gallery! It was like - all that I was building-up came crashing down mid-way as if it were a sand-castle.
- The gentleness with which she touches that pink saree!
- The sight I saw of the dried jasmine flowers. My heart broke thinking this girl kept those flowers?! I get teary eyed even thinking about it now after having watched the episode hours ago!
- The fire he lights on his clothes. That was one of the heartbreaking moments. Her "good-boy" Guddu Shukla destryoing himself. (For her, those clothes were his, those clothes were him. But for him they were Abhigyaan, the Abhigyaan in her heart, the Abhigyaan that she wanted to turn him into). Painful.
- Guddu roaring and lashing out that he doesn't backstab people, that he prides in doing what he does, however he is!
- Guddu asking her to look at the street and remember?!
- That background score! Painful.
- Above all - Nivedita and Himmanshoo for those range of emotions, for those superb dialogue delivery and their body language, for their perfect understanding of the characters and pouring their energies to bring Runjhun and Guddu's emotional conflict alive. 

Things are still unresolved and I loved Amma for being wise and asking her to resolve their mutual issue among themselves. I wish more people in the real-world understand this and not meddle into their son's and daughter's lives post-marriage. Yes, that is beyond the scope of this show, but atleast the show teaches us that!

Before leaving Abhigyaan had written a letter for Runjhun. I wonder if that is going to crop up too?

The issue they have between them is due to their mistakes, their misunderstandings, their insecurities and mistrust, due to circumstances. Hopefully in that fire all the misunderstandings, insecurities and mistrust are burnt away. I know it is not, but it is just my wishful thinking...

I probably cannot put into words how good todays episode was. I was just in awe, watching in complete silence, all the things happening in front of eyes. Each one of you in the BBAT team, you are simply amazing! It was emotionally draining even for me to watch. I don't think we can ever imagine how much of sweat and hard work you all put into, to bring out such reactions from us.

I never had an idea that a team doing dialy soap can tie-in loose ends like this! Oh my! What do I say?! In my 2 year stint with todays-kind-of daily soaps left-right-center, I have never before seen something this exemplary. You all are beyond any praiseful adjective. Sadar-Pranaam.

bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: jpalagrawal

Wow, I am still digesting this episode. Guddu has had such a poker face the last two episodes, who knew what he was really thinking. And as you guys are saying there is such a rawness to his pain. The fact that RJ does not want to touch him makes him feel so unworthy, despite all that he is in his own mind

Gardes, I could not understand one thing. So Guddu says that he is a king, but can never be a master and he has kept the master at his feet? What does that last part mean? That he had kept Abhi at his feet?

I am so blown away by the raw emotion today that I seriously have to comment more after watching. Guddu is always more expressive and today his pain was so palpable, but we also saw RJ's.

CV's are so so smart; they advertise the challenge and then they rip the cover off it exposing what it truly is.

JP,
  Hope you don't mind me answering instead of Gardes :-)

Abhigyaan was a teacher teaching mathematics in one of the small schools in Kannauj. In India a teacher is also called as Master. 

After Guddu had to go to jail bcos of Runjhun's false complaint, he gets so angry with Runjhun  that he is elated when the prospective groom does not turn up for the engagement with Runjhun. Guddu is very happy that a person bcos of whom he had to go to jail is also facing such a situation now. He thinks he has successfully taken revenge on her, but in that situation, Abhigyaan stands up and says he is willing to marry Runjhun. That is when he starts to dislike Abhigyaan. His hatred for him is also bcos Abhigyaan didn't let Guddu be happy. Earlier Guddu thinks Abhigyaan is a very straight man (nothing bad in him at all). But after Abhi-Runjhun engagement he treats him like his enemy.

Also Guddu thinks that whatever he does is all in open , nothing behind back. Like some people say 'Those who seem quiet are more dangerous than they look.' So, somewhere he thinks like that about Abhi too .. but it is not really revealed in the show. 

Also we still do not know what Guddu thinks of Abhigyaan out of the picture now. He has never thought why all of a sudden he is not around. He might be thinking that just bcos he touched Runjhun in a closed room, that guy lost trust on the girl and denied from marrying her. All those parts have not been shown yet. It is kind-of-understood.

Hope my explanation helped.

Edit: @bold: That last part meant that he doesn't have much respect for him.
Edited by bee5 - 12 years ago
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: bee5

My thoughts for the episode of 13th May 2011
===================================
Abhigyaan was an issue? "Iam-disgusted-by-your-touch" was even bigger issue than that. 
All these days, all of the past was in deep slumber somewhere deep-down in his heart. He had forgotten all of that and had started to like her .. had started to trust her.
Jabbo just had to give a little push and that something that was sleeping for long in Guddu's heart woke-up. He was fine even when Jabbo mentioned it .. Guddu would have easily forgotten that again had it not brought by Runjhun by her own mouth. But she does it so obliviously like as she says - Only those who have guilt will have to fear. 

That day when she mentioned it, what got left out and unmentioned was that she was okay with her current marriage in whatever circumstances it had to happen , yes, she did feel no other girl should have go through it, but now she is okay with it. 

All she had for Abhigyaan was just respect and that must have turned to a 'blank' after he backed off at the crucial moment when he had to be her strength. But what does Guddu know about all that? Runjhun's past words were stuck like a thorn in his heart and with her mere mention of Abhigyaan's name today, was like someone meddling with that stuck thorn, pushing it further and causing him pain.

I do not think Guddu is jealous about Abhigyaan. I agree with him when he says "I keep him under my toe nails". He is right, he doesn't have any competition with Abhigyaan .. atleast he doesn't think so. What hurt him was when he understands that Runjhun wants to turn him into Abhigyaan. He knows he is good and he can be good. He wanted to be good, good for her, good for her Amma, good for everyone slowly and steadily. But what he did not want was to be someone else. Ofcourse it was a misunderstanding on his part. But that hurt him so much that he wanted to destroy himself in that hurt and get lost in the pain (The Aandhi-Toofan dialogue). What was worth mentioning was though he miscontruted things, he did not keep it to himself and blurted it all out. Atleast now she knows where he is coming from and what he is thinking.

The other day Runjhun had asked - do you trust me? 
I wonder what Guddu would have replied if she had asked that question today? Whatever it would have been, it would not have been pleasant like the other day.
That day when she asks that question, he simply says yes. (The reluctance he shows initially was for the timing of that question from her. Like as if to say - now where does the question of trust arise here?). Actually speaking there was no reason for him to trust. Yes, she is a good person. But he was also right, when he says, "how can you be so sure it is Jabbo, there is no mention of his name and you  do not know his writing". There was no reason for him to trust bcos he was totally unaware of what she was aware of. She had seen Jabbo-Mahadevi during building the IM mobile centre, she knew it was Jabbo who gave the mobile to Mahadevi. She was sure it was Jaboo. Guddu was not aware of any of those facts and she hadn't mentioned it. So, it was just her words against Jabbo but he was willing to believe her. But today, when his heart was consumed by the misunderstanding, he wasn't able to trust her.

Neelu issue was also had slept somewhere in Runjhun's mind, but today when he brings up Abhigyaan, she also brings up Neelu. Glad she brought that issue as well today itself and didn't keep it to herself.

I wonder if she has realised what was that, that has caused this issue between them now, why Guddu behaved this way today?

Entire episode was painful and touching with brilliant performances. Out of the stupendous episode, a few things I have to mention -
- The look that she gives to Guddu Shukla Mobile Gallery! It was like - all that I was building-up came crashing down mid-way as if it were a sand-castle.
- The gentleness with which she touches that pink saree!
- The sight I saw of the dried jasmine flowers. My heart broke thinking this girl kept those flowers?! I get teary eyed even thinking about it now after having watched the episode hours ago!
- The fire he lights on his clothes. That was one of the heartbreaking moments. Her "good-boy" Guddu Shukla destryoing himself. (For her, those clothes were his, those clothes were him. But for him they were Abhigyaan, the Abhigyaan in her heart, the Abhigyaan that she wanted to turn him into). Painful.
- Guddu roaring and lashing out that he doesn't backstab people, that he prides in doing what he does, however he is!
- Guddu asking her to look at the street and remember?!
- That background score! Painful.
- Above all - Nivedita and Himmanshoo for those range of emotions, for those superb dialogue delivery and their body language, for their perfect understanding of the characters and pouring their energies to bring Runjhun and Guddu's emotional conflict alive. 

Things are still unresolved and I loved Amma for being wise and asking her to resolve their mutual issue among themselves. I wish more people in the real-world understand this and not meddle into their son's and daughter's lives post-marriage. Yes, that is beyond the scope of this show, but atleast the show teaches us that!

Before leaving Abhigyaan had written a letter for Runjhun. I wonder if that is going to crop up too?

The issue they have between them is due to their mistakes, their misunderstandings, their insecurities and mistrust, due to circumstances. Hopefully in that fire all the misunderstandings, insecurities and mistrust are burnt away. I know it is not, but it is just my wishful thinking...

I probably cannot put into words how good todays episode was. I was just in awe, watching in complete silence, all the things happening in front of eyes. Each one of you in the BBAT team, you are simply amazing! It was emotionally draining even for me to watch. I don't think we can ever imagine how much of sweat and hard work you all put into, to bring out such reactions from us.

I never had an idea that a team doing dialy soap can tie-in loose ends like this! Oh my! What do I say?! In my 2 year stint with todays-kind-of daily soaps left-right-center, I have never before seen something this exemplary. You all are beyond any praiseful adjective. Sadar-Pranaam.

Heck with the gym, I am joining in...

Bee, my Master, my Guru, you wrote my words!  My Pranams to you as well as the BBAT Production House and its stars!

I cannot get over today's episode and it is 12 hours later.  Each frame has stuck in my mind and never during the whole episode did Himanshu or Nivedita leave their characers.

The eyes with which he admired and melted just 2 days ago were replaced by mere slits spewing harsh and hateful words.  And Nivedita's array of emotions in each frame were so palpable, I have no words for either of them othr than BRAVO!

I hate the word "mind-blowing" - it trivializes what was emoted (Bee, you know what I mean).  Stunning is all I can come up with!

I felt the same that Abhigyan was a dead issue until Runjhun innocently mentioned the name and Guddu added up 2 and 2 to make 5.  Runjhun uttering that name when Guddu was already rattled by the scum-bag Jabbo, was ill-timed.  The 400 lb gorilla in the room was their past and never Abhigyan per se.  Runjhun says as well that what happened to her reputation should not happen to Mahadevi.

All the misunderstandings stemmed from lack of communication that was never established up until now.  They settled in without ever working some of the issues out, so this was very much expected.  The burning of the clothes was so symbolic of Guddu's rage.

(First chocolates and now cigarette lighter?   Since when, Guddu?  You are not a smoker either.)

Guddu had so convinced himself of Runjhun's mis-intentions that he failed to understand her touch issue with him.  His inebriation did not help the situation.

Unlike others, I did not see jealousy as much as an injured ego on Guddu's part.

You have to remember that to Runjhun this was a 7 janam ka bandhan regardless of the fact that she had married Guddu, the goon.  Guddu entered into this union in a devil-may-care manner and saw it as a game initially.  Runjhun had already accepted her fate.

When Guddu said that this challenge as well as this marriage ended today, Runjhun was struck speechless by it.  She does not know that concept.

As for Neelu - that was a misconception in Runjhun's mind and yes, it was mentioned because of Abhigyan and no other reason.

If today Runjhun was at fault, it was because in her mind all the issues were resolved and she felt he understood her without ever really verbalizing much with him -  maybe a little here, a little there.  She had trusted him enough to seek his help in difficulties, she was starting to understand his moods and that he may need more time to get over the negatives, but he was on his way.

In Guddu's case, Jabbo (the b*****d!) was a catalyst to bring the negatives to the surface and put doubts in his head and Guddu took off.  Anger is his worst trait!

When Runjhun looks at the pink saree and the flowers I had the same reaction as Bee - to let go and bawl!  I immediately thought of the scene where Amma takes her in front of the mirror to show how pretty she looked.  Then when a drunk Guddu comes home, she is dressed and waiting for him to admire her and he mouths off at what the Mamis had said.  She looked so pleased as punch waiting for a compliment and he blasted at her.

I am sure I have other thoughts that will come up, but this is it for now.

Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ bee5

I cannot tell you that right now I had tears reading your master thesis. You captured so beautifully the emotions.The CV's are brilliant for creating such art, and you are also an artist in your analysis. Thank you for this Bee. I know how much love and care it takes to write a post like the one you wrote. And it  is truly a gift. I felt today like I watched beautiful stained glass shards of feelings fly everywhere. Thank you for making it into a creation of interpretation

I started today so ready to be a part of RJ's indignation. I felt a little disgusted at Guddu yesterday and all his machismo. Yesterday the sight of RJ's eyes looking through the slats was a haunting one to me. She was a girl-woman at that point, who had been hurt so much in life getting another betrayal. Just the fact that she tried to go into that place to look for him says so much to me.

So I was so with RJ and her disgust when Guddu walked in. I knew he had not done anything, but I felt he was stupid for hurting her.

This is when the creatives hit us with a whammy. RJ's pain is undeniable here, but I was not expecting Guddu's articulation of his pain. And as you say, it has been there all along. It is the reason that he grabbed her neck ages ago, it is because her touch and by extension who he is sullies her. As you say, because of that he went and tried to destroy himself

Even he was lying to himself. When Guddu was drinking in the girly-bar place, we think that he wants to win the challenge. But that act  of violent drinking was instead rooted in a self-loathing because he felt that all this time RJ did not care for him at all, but wanted him to be the guy she loved--Abhi. That was the lighting bolt.

The metaphors of destruction were everywhere today. Guddu trying to destroy himself, Abhi, his marriage, his family. I so felt the pain of Guddu today from Himanshoo's brilliant acting today. And it was a pain of fundamental rejection.

While RJ felt of course rejected by Guddu for her lack of  sensuality/womanly ability to entice him, he felt his very soul and core of who he is as rejected. Boy I did not expect that and found myself crying for Guddu. When Guddu was beating his chest there was so much pain.

And as you say, he was changing. Maybe not changing, just those parts of him that were always there but RJ could not see before were coming to a new light over the past few weeks

When he burnt the clothes it was so sad. Remember how happy Guddu was that day getting the IM certificate, His rage is one that consumes all and most of all himself. Let's hope it can purify as well.
Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago
Aginaya69 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
great analysis you guys.  love reading your posts. 

anyways, with all the drama going on between guddu and runjhun, i do believe that once the CV's decide to bring them together, it would be a very romantic honeymoon for them, one so sweet we will all swimming in honey for the next few weeks.