Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

Discussion thread - Week of 5/9/2011 - Page 5

gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Aginaya69

gardes, let's slap these two.  they are being too stubborn, hanging on to what they believe is the real thing (guddu being a thug and runjhun doing things for amma) that they fail to realize THE real thing.  and that is, their marriage. 

actually, i'm not disappointed how things are turning out.  they ARE actually keeping in character.  can't really express my thoughts right now.  but right now, the song going on in my head about these two is the song SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW by Keane.

Agi, please find the lyrics and post the song in BBAT dedication thread.  I am not familiar with the song and would love to read the lyrics...

And sure, I'll meet you in a few and we will go and slap them silly...  On my way...  😉😆😆

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
today the slap is for Guddu. Yes, RJ is also in denial , but Guddy really did something stupid today. I could see RJ's esteem for him fall. She had steeled herself to the fact that she was going to find him in a bar. Notice that she was not completely disgusted by this, just matter of fact. She would find him. Her disbelief at him dancing with another girl was really excellently portrayed

We still do not know Guddu's intentions for Abhi.
Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago
rani2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Aginaya69

gardes, let's slap these two.  they are being too stubborn, hanging on to what they believe is the real thing (guddu being a thug and runjhun doing things for amma) that they fail to realize THE real thing.  and that is, their marriage. 

actually, i'm not disappointed how things are turning out.  they ARE actually keeping in character.  can't really express my thoughts right now.  but right now, the song going on in my head about these two is the song SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW by Keane.

I was chuckling as I read these comments because the only person who realized the real thing is Kukkan. 😆  Guddu and Runjhun are clueless.  Even Amma is starting to see that the two of them are good for each other but Kukkan is the only one who knows just how good the two of them are for each other AND he knows about the challenge.  Poor Kukkan... fighting Mahabharat all on his own.😆
Edited by rani2007 - 12 years ago
gardes thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rani2007

I was chuckling as I read these comments because the only person who realized the real thing is Kukkan. 😆  Guddu and Runjhun are clueless.  Even Amma is starting to see that the two of them are good for each other but Kukkan is the only one who knows just how good the two of them are for each other AND he knows about the challenge.  Poor Kukkan... fighting Mahabharat all on his own.😆

That is my Kukkan Beta for you.  Jabbo and Kukkan - Yin and Yang.  Kukkan was the one to switch fast to his Bhabhi's side and look out for her.  He HAS to come through for his Bhabhi.

He had the best line today.  Amma's was too but not as powerful as Kukkan's.
Infofan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I started watching BBAT since April sometime. To try and understand the Gunjhun history I have been watching all the older episodes as well. I just recently saw the March 18th episode. Had to mention Kukkan and Jabboo's dialogues because it is connected to today's episode.

In that episode, after Guddu's mom goes into coma, Kukkan and Jabboo are waiting in front of some bar for G. Jabboo says 'I have never seen bhaiya come to a place like this before' and then Kukkan comments when he sees G with booze in his hand 'since when have you started drinking'.  😕  😕  😕  😕

In today's episode, Jabboo tells Guddu ' let's go to our old haunt, enjoy like we used to before you got married or something similar' ?????

So either CV's goofed up big time or I am missing something somewhere. Majorly confusing.
Wafah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Infofan

I started watching BBAT since April sometime. To try and understand the Gunjhun history I have been watching all the older episodes as well. I just recently saw the March 18th episode. Had to mention Kukkan and Jabboo's dialogues because it is connected to today's episode.

In that episode, after Guddu's mom goes into coma, Kukkan and Jabboo are waiting in front of some bar for G. Jabboo says 'I have never seen bhaiya come to a place like this before' and then Kukkan comments when he sees G with booze in his hand 'since when have you started drinking'.  😕  😕  😕  😕

In today's episode, Jabboo tells Guddu ' let's go to our old haunt, enjoy like we used to before you got married or something similar' ?????

So either CV's goofed up big time or I am missing something somewhere. Majorly confusing.

LOL I think there's been a discrepancy regarding Guddu's drinking habits...I do think there's a difference between enjoying a glass and downing a whole bottle like it's water...and that's possibly what Kukkan meant. As for Jabbo, the place that Guddu was that night was much more different than a dance bar. So it's possible that Guddu went to dance bar before...and might have enjoyed the show...but again I'm not sure...I don't think Guddu usually drank and since then there was also change in the story writers I believe so that little detail might not have made it in the transfer of writing.
rani2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Still haven't seen today's episode but was thinking about a few other points.

I can't remember if it was JP or someone else but when the latest of the 3 new promos came out (boy does that feel weird to write 😆) someone mentioned that it looked like Guddu was out of PN and was seeing Runjhun where ever he went.  I know at the end he says that he has to get rid of this paunauti (bad luck) but I'm thinking whether after today's episode Runjhun admits defeats and tells Guddu to leave.  Guddu leaves and can't get his mind off Runjhun.  I feel like if this were to happen... Runjhun would maintain her relationship with Kukkan by bringing him lunch etc because Kukkan truly considers her to be his bhabhi.  It would be interesting to see.  As far as I'm concerned, Guddu has already changed and technically Runjhun has won, but Guddu refuses to admit he has changed and his acting out will just get worse because he's trying to show everyone that he's still the same.  If he think that he's actually won the challenge he will try to move on and start to realize that he's not happy doing the same things he did prior to marriage.  Even going to bar seems to be something he did to react to Runjhun... it seemed from the update that it was not something he wanted to do and he would not have gone if Kukkan hadn't said something.  Again, haven't seen it yet so I'll comment once I have seen the episode.

Also, a few episodes ago when Mittho scolded Runjhun and she went to her room to find a drunk Guddu, I think one of the things Guddu said to her is that he knows her and he understands her.  (or it may have been a diff scene.. I can't remember 😆)  Maybe Runjhun took this to mean that he really does know her... even though he was drunk and was not saying this as a good thing.  Since he has said that he knows/understands her, it's possible that this is the reason Runjhun asks him if he thinks that she is bad, if she would want something bad for something, etc.  The funny thing is that Guddu really does know her 😆 even though he won't admit it and says that he sees her "true" face implying that she is not a good person... but I guess he's the only one allowed to say that about his Runjhun. 😆
Edited by rani2007 - 12 years ago
gardes thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rani2007

Still haven't seen today's episode but was thinking about a few other points.

I can't remember if it was JP or someone else but when the latest of the 3 new promos came out (boy does that feel weird to write 😆) someone mentioned that it looked like Guddu was out of PN and was seeing Runjhun where ever he went.  I know at the end he says that he has to get rid of this paunauti (bad luck) but I'm thinking whether after today's episode Runjhun admits defeats and tells Guddu to leave.  Guddu leaves and can't his mind off Runjhun.  I feel like if this were to happen... Runjhun would maintain her relationship with Kukkan by bringing him lunch etc because Kukkan truly considers her to be his bhabhi.  It would be interesting to see.  As far as I'm concerned, Guddu has already changed and technically Runjhun has won, but Guddu refuses to admit he has changed and his acting out will just get worse because he's trying to show everyone that he's still the same.  If he think that he's actually won the challenge he will try to move on and start to realize that he's not happy doing the same things he did prior to marriage.  Even going to bar seems to be something he did to react to Runjhun... it seemed from the update that it was something he wanted to do and he would not have gone if Kukkan hadn't said something.  Again, haven't seen it yet so I'll comment once I have seen the episode.

Also, a few episodes ago when Mittho scolded Runjhun and she went to her room to find a drunk Guddu, I think one of the things Guddu said to her is that he knows her and he understands her.  (or it may have been a diff scene.. I can't remember 😆)  Maybe Runjhun took this to mean that he really does know her... even though he was drunk and was not saying this as a good thing.  Since he has said that he knows/understands her, it's possible that this is the reason Runjhun asks him if he thinks that she is bad, if she would want something bad for something, etc.  The funny thing is that Guddu really does know her 😆 even though he won't admit it and says that he sees her "true" face implying that she is not a good person... but I guess he's the only one allowed to say that about his Runjhun. 😆

Rani, I have not thought that far out.  Promos are at times misleading...  but you make good points.  I still believe that it will take them to lose each other before they will have a realization how good things were when they were together.  I will wait to see what the CVs have in mind for the viewers.
gardes thumbnail

My thoughts today...

I thought the episode was lukewarm today in that it felt like the stage was being set up for tomorrow's cliffhanger.  That does not mean the episode was dull.  There were plenty of little nuances to pick up on...

Wafah and I liked the scene where Runjhun and Mahadevi have reached a semi-truce where Mahadevi is realizing that Runjhun's advice is not to be scoffed at.  It may be a positive step in their relationship and may bode well in the future.

Runjhun spoke up in front of Bade M & Ms - never done before.  It was so cute, she was stammering but yet bold enough to speak up.  It may have set stage for some drama with Bade M & M, M-J and G-R.

Amma too noticed that Guddu and Runjhun have had a positive effect on each other.  Will she change her mind when Guddu returns totally wasted?

Guddu, only yesterday told Runjhun to deal with her sister's business, yet he warned Jabbo to back off Mahadevi.  I thought that was funny.

Me thinks Abigyan is just a carrot dangled in front of the viewers and he may become a monkey on the back in G and R's relationship but will not materialize in person.  But who knows what the CVs will do?

Did Kukkan, acting on his Bhabhi's cue uttering cautionary words, have an opposite effect on Guddu that he fell into Jabbo's trap and went to the dance bar?

In spite of his conviction about winning, Guddu refers to Runjhun as Jabbo and Kukkan's Bhabhi.  Some things are hard to get over?

Loved Kukkan's monologue about Guddu losing the challenge will be his win.  They were prophetic words.  This to me was the highlight of the show.

I think Jabbo, though despicable, was kinda cute when he was four sheets to the wind, begging his Bhabhi not to give pravachans (lectures) and leave them for her student Guddu Ji!  Seems like a good dancer too...😉

Guddu revealed to all that Maal was Mahadevi.  Until then Kukkan was unaware of the chakkar.  The pregnancy part was disconcerting, but we will have to wait and see.

Kukkan, I want you to be on your Bhabhi's side and shun Guddu Bhaiyya! 

Precap broke my heart.  It seemed to be back to the beginning again for Runjhun after all her hard work.

Guddu you get the slap of the day from me along with Jabbo getting 2.

Runjhun deserves a big hug and a shoulder to cry on...
gardes thumbnail
To add to my thoughts, I think Guddu repeats over and over again about winning the challenge.  Does he have doubts that he may be slipping and repeating it will make it true?  😛😆

Also I loved how Guddu is shown behind the pillar and Runjhun at first does not see him and then he comes out with Munni, totally inebriated.  Good job, Mr. Director!
Edited by gardes - 12 years ago