Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Whoa! I just finished with my post and happened to read edabella's post and I am like - Whoa! it exactly opposite (the 1st line!).

Edabella, 
   Let me assure you, my post is not in reply to your post, though it is later than yours. When I started writing, your post wasn't there and I took a long time to gather my thoughts while I was writing my post.
edabella thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@bee5- Great analysis!!!  I really hope what u said about fixing Jabbo at a later time happens.  I am still up for Jabevi.  Maybe Jabbo will eventually end up seeing the light when it comes to Devi & she will leave that Guddu hater & get together w/her Jabboji.    
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Wafah

Especially considering the scenes he remembered the most...He doesn't know about Abhi asking for the medical test (he'd left by then) but the scenes that seem to stick in his memory...is the first that Abhigyaan calls Runjhun his to-be dharampatni...considering how Guddu uses the term dharampatni...and Abhigyaan stepping in when he'd thought he brought Runjhun down. Then he remembers Abhigyaan touching Runjhun when she's bleeding (😆 I know me and my touches...) We know how touches were important for them and have gradually eased in...the next time when Abhigyaan tells Guddu that Runjhun and he are one, and that he will be her shield he will be the one to protect her. Then when he sold/auctioned Runjhun's items.

This scene seems to play in his mind the most...I think what happened between Runjhun was the elephant of their past in the room present subconsciously even thought they were getting more comfortable and with Mahadevi and Jabbo, their insecurities are being brought forefront.

Even Runjhun when Abhigyaan was mentioned by Mahdevi seemed a little bothered to me.

Wafah, talking of touches, ever since Guddu accidentally slapped her, Runjhun seems to have gotten a  bit more touchy-feely with him.  You would think that she would be scared after that assault, but NO, she goes right ahead and shakes him to wake him up, touches him to turn him around, etc., etc.  Funny transformation...
gardes thumbnail
Originally posted by: bee5

One more thing I wanted to say was about J & Mdevi. CVs clearly know what they have done, especially with J. They know that they did this drastic change in that character and somewhere it kind of feels like they themselves were not comfortable with that part, but they HAD to do it .. They had to do it for the sake of this introspection track between G-R and that is the main reason why both J and Mdevi's scenes have light/funny undertone to them.

At one end, there is this change to J's characters and at the same time, they are trying to underplay it as much as they can with the hope that they can fix this thing at a later time. 

I am sure THAT is the case, and I am not seeing too much from those scenes to come to the above conclusion!

That is the main reason why I have no beef with CVs doing this change with J's character drastically and I cannot be angry at both J & Mdevi. Hence though Mdevi is accusing R of what she has not even thought of, she is being shown more silly than serious in her accusations (with all those silly cries, rubbing of her nose, applying nail-polish while crying etc etc). 
It the same thing with J too.  (when he is trying to tell G has infact changed and hitting his raw nerve (unknowingly though) bringing in Abhi).

Bee, Jabbo is the only logical person to turn grey.  Kukkan has been a voice of reason and Jabbo has clung to the way things were between the 3 of them.  This was made evident in previous episodes.  Mahadevi and Jabbo are 2 peas in a pod - immature, selfish, bratty, with both looking for instant gratification.  Mahadevi switched her crush from Guddu to Jabbo instantaneously when she saw she would get nowhere with Guddu (fall scene on the terrace).  Jabbo wanted to get back in Guddu's good-books and worked on Guddu's Achilles Heel, and Mahadevi wanted to hurt Runjhun. so she worked on her vulnerabilities too.

When watching the show I was not looking at Mahadevi or Jabbo per se but I was busy comparing Guddu-Runjhun story in my head.  So Mahadevi-Jabbo had less impact overall for me, other than serving a purpose.  I think that is what the CVs had in mind - to focus on GunJhun marital problems not Mahadevi-Jabbo tryst.  That is why I keep repeating about drawing parallels (logically) to move the story forward.  Love, love, love how it was done.
gardes thumbnail
Aiyooo, Munni's Madhushala...

Mahadevi, woh gaya - furrr karke!

Jabbo, you are the jerk of 21st century...

Guddu, kaan ke neeche meri ek jhaapat padi to Naani yaad aa jaayegi!

Runjhun, stand tall.

Kukkan, Beta, you rock...!
Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Ok saw episode today. Actually feel very very sad for RJ. One thing I will say about this show is that it does not shy away from Guddu's dark side. He is NOT the typical male lead. I really felt her horror today as she looked through the slats looking for Guddu. She had to go see for herself. She did not want to believe that he would be in such a place.

And while, it was obvious that Guddu was so drunk, he did not realize what he was doing, the man is not a child. We cannot really blame Jabbu. I mean he stayed after Guddu left and while we do want to feel a little symapthetic to him, at the end he was dancing/stumbling with the dancer.

At least he was not ogling them outright. But felt so sad for RJ today
Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: gardes

Aiyooo, Munni's Madhushala...

Mahadevi, woh gaya - furrr karke!

Jabbo, you are the jerk of 21st century...

Runjhun, stand tall.

Kukkan, Beta, you rock...!

Gardes, what does this mean?

gardes thumbnail
Originally posted by: jpalagrawal

Ok saw episode today. Actually feel very very sad for RJ. One thing I will say about this show is that it does not shy away from Guddu's dark side. He is NOT the typical male lead. I really felt her horror today as she looked through the slats looking for Guddu. She had to go see for herself. She did not want to believe that he would be in such a place.

And while, it was obvious that Guddu was so drunk, he did not realize what he was doing, the man is not a child. We cannot really blame Jabbu. I mean he stayed after Guddu left and while we do want to feel a little symapthetic to him, at the end he was dancing/stumbling with the dancer.

At least he was not ogling them outright. But felt so sad for RJ today

JP, I will write more of my thoughts later, but I think both needed a Zor Ka Jhatka to come to their senses.  Runjhun running after Amma and her good-for-nothing family is not very different than Guddu drinking and going to sleazy bars.  They both had something good going and both failed to realize the worth of what they were heading for.  This is EXACTLY what they need - a slap in the face to wake them up.
Edited by gardes - 12 years ago
gardes thumbnail
Originally posted by: jpalagrawal

Gardes, what does this mean?

Guddu, kaan ke neeche meri ek jhaapat padi to Naani yaad aa jaayegi! - Guddu always says he will slap someone hard enough to break their jaw and today he says something similar in the carrom club.  I added the naani part that I will hit him hard enouh that he will remember his maternal grandmother.  😆

I wanted to REALLY hit him hard enough to break HIS jaw today!

Aginaya69 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: gardes

JP, I will write more of my thoughts later, but I think both needed a Zor Ka Jhatka to come to their senses.  Runjhun running after Amma and her good-for-nothing family is not very different than Guddu drinking and going to sleazy bars.  They both had something good going and both failed to realize the worth of what they were heading for.  This is EXACTLY what they need - a slap in the face to wake them up.

gardes, let's slap these two.  they are being too stubborn, hanging on to what they believe is the real thing (guddu being a thug and runjhun doing things for amma) that they fail to realize THE real thing.  and that is, their marriage. 

actually, i'm not disappointed how things are turning out.  they ARE actually keeping in character.  can't really express my thoughts right now.  but right now, the song going on in my head about these two is the song SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW by Keane.