Epi 331: D-N The Real Eternal Story - Page 5

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by Yuvika_15

I am loving our little debate, Yuvi ๐Ÿ˜Š

tru bt i felt there was mre 2 his character tht wasnt revealed..u kinda had 2 read into it... i dnt knw he mayb kept madhu away becos of his business (wich mus hav been similar 2 dutta's) n probs 2 protect her kept her away...or mayb it was the fact abt giving himself a punishment 4 nt depriving 3 daughters from their father by depriving his own daughter n son from his fatherly love...i dno jus a thrt...sum ppl do do tht, as a sort of repentance they push thmselves away from ne happiness becos they feel they dnt deserve it after robbing sum1 else's happiness...

I agree to a certain point that there was more to his character than what was revealed. But the one reason that I just cannot believe Damudar was punishing himself or had any earnest intentions behind what he did is because I think that he was a selfish man at heart. You see, the reason that he even returned to Dutta was because that he was dying. He didn't care about the huge domino-effect it would have on Dutta's life if he revealed the truth about his origins. Damudar didn't care that it would turn Dutta's world upside down, shake the foundation of his identity, rip it from him, or the fact that his son was finally leading a relatively happy life and he, Damudar, was about to just change that in one instant.

Damudar was ill and concerned for his own peace of mind due to his dying. His reason for coming back to his son was selfish. He wanted to be forgiven. He wanted peace of mind. Why didn't he, at any point in the past several years, attempt to contact his son? Why didn't he feel remorse before when he had an honest chance to get to know his son and earn his trust/forgiveness without forcing it from Dutta by giving him a deadline (pun intended)? It was a smart thing. I have to give Damudar that. He showed up at a convenient hour, asking for Dutta's forgiveness, when he had no time to offer Dutta. He should have considered how shaken and confused he'd leave his son once he had passed away himself. Dutta wasn't given any time to digest the news of his real identity, his father, and he wasn't given any time to ask the questions on his mind nor to figure out what he felt for this unknown man, nor if he wanted to know Damudar...

Damudar came, shook Dutta's world, got his hug, and "abandoned" his son in an emotional mess again. Putting it roughly.

Even in the end when Damudar was poisoned and lay dying, I felt no sympathy for him. I felt only compassion for Dutta, because once again he was left with his mind/emotions bewildered. I know that Dutta would've forgiven Damudar completely, had he been given time and had Damudar done an honest attempt at getting to know his son, earning his trust and forgiveness rather than demanding it on his death bed.

Lookie there. I just got out all my frustrations with Damudar Patil ๐Ÿ˜† I have a strong feeling, though, that the Damudar track was wrapped up in a hurry due to a certain channel's demands. Don't know.

i hpe so becos she does deserve a brother...the one tht she's always craved for...bt i wonder hw she found out abt dutta being her bro..was it something her dad always tld her or was it summut he tld her jus b4 dying...

If that's the case, then it wouldn't surprise me. Seems like Damudar spilled all his secrets due to his deadline.

oh ok wil defo watch it after my exams thn bt yh i did notice in the 27th oct epi wer they go shopping, wer madhu was looking at clothes, dutta seemed 2 pay attention 2 her likes and dislikes, like hw madhu picked up a suit n sed "no this is to tacky..lol" and dutta looked at her, thn at the suit n thn bk at her..lol...i loved hw despite nt sayin a word he was sum way interested in knwin wt she's like.. i thrt from tht moment onwards we'd c sum positive sides 2 their relationship bt sadly nothing of tht happened..i wonder why?

Yes, he was most definitely interested in knowing her likes/dislikes and her mind-set in general. I loved that scene - the way Dutta was watching her and silently approving of her open and warm interaction with Naku. It impressed and surprised him, because his sisters had never interacted so earnestly with Naku, so warmly. Even when she defended Naku in front of the salesman, she just reminded me so much of Dutta. LOL. Just a female version, ready to hit the guy for his insult.

I think that there were a lot of things going on at that point. Dutta seemed distracted even. I also think that things were building up for the FR, so focusing on Dutta-Madhu at that point would've somehow collided awkwardly with the present track. However, on Tasha's wedding, Dutta smiled at Madhu and acknowledged her as his sister (even though AS had to practically push him to do so).

yh thm reasons u mentioned explain y he acted the way he did wen she 1st appeared bt later u wud hav thrt things wud gt better i mean wen she used 2 cum 2 giv breakfast, the ET wer neva der (they werent exactly bothered abt whether or nt he had eaten evn AS werent lol) i feel he jus neva made the effort becos he simply didnt wnt 2 n the reason has 2 b the fact tht she's DP's daughter..i jus dnt c ne reason y... also during the JMM2 track, he neva mentioned madhu...it was always leela, roops...pretty harsh..i neva quite gt y he had a problem with her n wen i thrt abt it the onli thing tht made sense was he didnt like her becos she was DP's daughter (probs reminded him of the 1 man he didnt wna remember) i dno i myt b wrng...lol

I agree on the JMM2 track one. I always wondered why he never mentioned Madhu. Can't explain that one.

He didn't make any effort, that's true. But that is why I found Madhu so much more wonderful as his sister. Because she was just what he needed for a sister; the persistent, stubborn little sister who despite his cold attitude toward her kept on trying to break past his wall. Kind of like Naku.

Besides, later on, like Mooner mentioned, he has too much going on mentally and was too distracted with the whole Naku issue to pay much attention to anything else. Even his dhanda. We saw how Chaskar and Suds slowly took over that part because of how distracted Dutta was and because of him shutting out Baji (whom he needs for extra eyes and ears and just by his side).

Originally posted by bandbajao

@Ana, Moontide & Yuvika: You championing the Madhu-Baji pair ๐Ÿ˜†I have a feeling we are soon going to get to that mystery... Yes but i agree that there was a lot that remained unexplored in that relationship with Dutta-Madhu. Whether paired with Baji or not, their relationship needs to be ironed out in a more clear manner. Lets see how it will shape up in days to come ๐Ÿ˜ณ

LMAO ๐Ÿ˜† More like I'd rather see a MaJi pairing than a RoJi pairing. The latter would just seem too awkward and wrong-ish to me. To be honest, I didn't like Madhu when she was first introduced. The whole Western look of hers annoyed me. But then when I saw her acting and the way she looked at Dutta in the "this is my brother" scene, I was kinda warming up toward her. The December scene is what really did it for me.

YES, please. Dutta-Madhu exploration journey. Much needed Embarrassed
Just caught up with the episode๐Ÿ˜ณ. Reminds me of the calm before the brewing storm. Pendulum AS has turned into annoying AS๐Ÿ˜ก but then how will the story continue๐Ÿ˜†

Loved the batasha interaction at the dining table.

Thanks for the episode BB๐Ÿค—
i agree with ivy totally calm before the storm but i still love it ...ive got to say i preferred the last episode a little more because there was a lot of heartfelt conversation that gave us a further insight into dutta yet none the less..its nice. thanks!
Edited by jagrutid - 12 years ago
Originally posted by jagrutid

i agree with ivy totally calm before the storm but i still love it ...ive got to say i preferred the last episode a little more because there was a lot of heartfelt conversation that gave us a further insight into dutta yet none the less..its nice. thanks! and yep i agree too that it would be amazing to see development in madhu and duttas relationship!.
Originally posted by bandbajao

@Yuvika: Thank you ๐Ÿ˜ณ Mothers can be fastidious na ๐Ÿ˜† and ye toh Dutta Shriram Patil ki maa hai ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃi knw bt i think she was too excited 2 meet purohitji tht she didnt care abt the danger...wah kya pyar hai in duno ke beech? lol... bhuraape (old age)  mein jawani๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†
@Ritz: Yeah, what will Baji be doing while Naku runs behind the car ๐Ÿ˜† I hope they run together and let Aayisaheb spend some more time with God ๐Ÿ˜†god nahi purohitji..her boyfriend๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
@Ana, Moontide & Yuvika: You championing the Madhu-Baji pair ๐Ÿ˜†..i neva knw these 2 (ana and moontide) liked madhu-baji pair...lol... i loved thm as a couple altho they werent evn shown as 1 bt i liked hw they wer able 2 b there 4 1 another n also b able 2 talk 2 each other abt their feelings openly evn tho they hadnt known each other 4 long...bit like hw dutta was able 2 tel naku evrythin very soon after their meeting wen he didnt evn knw her... I have a feeling we are soon going to get to that mystery...oh i hpe its baji-madhu...pls no roops...she shud remain the way she is at the moment,..no Love triangle pls...  Yes but i agree that there was a lot that remained unexplored in that relationship with Dutta-Madhu. Whether paired with Baji or not, their relationship needs to be ironed out in a more clear manner. tru bt i do hpe she does return n is paired with bajiEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed pls pls pls Lets see how it will shape up in days to come ๐Ÿ˜ณso wil she return soon? i hpe dutta accepts her bt seems he still may b the sme...nt talk 2 her much etc...
Edited by Yuvika_15 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Elysia

LMAO ๐Ÿ˜† More like I'd rather see a MaJi pairing than a RoJi pairing. yh sme ere..bt lets nt call thm maji..it sounds like mother๐Ÿ˜† i think BM or MB is betta..wt say? The latter would just seem too awkward and wrong-ish to me. sme ere i prefer roops stay the baby sis... she doesnt suit being mature its jus the way her character has been showed from the start...n evn knw with the teasing n tht, its like a child like nature 2 her personality..she doesn't suit baji in terms of personality wise n i dnt think she likes him either nt in tht way anyway... madhu's personality best suits baji...both r total opposites bt despite tht hav a understanding wich is mre than wt baji-roops wil eva hav...To be honest, I didn't like Madhu when she was first introduced. The whole Western look of hers annoyed me. i was biased towards madhu from the start becos i liked the actress since GKLB days...n nt onli tht i liked her mre becos of her interaction with naku---thts wt gt me liking the actual character n nt jus the actress..But then when I saw her acting and the way she looked at Dutta in the "this is my brother" scene, I was kinda warming up toward her. The December scene is what really did it for me.

YES, please. Dutta-Madhu exploration journey. Much needed ๐Ÿ˜ณ yh n pls pair MB together๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Originally posted by Elysia

I am loving our little debate, Yuvi ๐Ÿ˜Š aww ana sme ere...its mre of an in depth discussion wich we've NEVA had b4...๐Ÿ˜† 

I agree to a certain point that there was more to his character than what was revealed. But the one reason that I just cannot believe Damudar was punishing himself or had any earnest intentions behind what he did is because I think that he was a selfish man at heart. You see, the reason that he even returned to Dutta was because that he was dying. He didn't care about the huge domino-effect it would have on Dutta's life if he revealed the truth about his origins. Damudar didn't care that it would turn Dutta's world upside down, shake the foundation of his identity, rip it from him, or the fact that his son was finally leading a relatively happy life and he, Damudar, was about to just change that in one instant.

Damudar was ill and concerned for his own peace of mind due to his dying. His reason for coming back to his son was selfish. He wanted to be forgiven. He wanted peace of mind. Why didn't he, at any point in the past several years, attempt to contact his son? Why didn't he feel remorse before when he had an honest chance to get to know his son and earn his trust/forgiveness without forcing it from Dutta by giving him a deadline (pun intended)? It was a smart thing. I have to give Damudar that. He showed up at a convenient hour, asking for Dutta's forgiveness, when he had no time to offer Dutta. He should have considered how shaken and confused he'd leave his son once he had passed away himself. Dutta wasn't given any time to digest the news of his real identity, his father, and he wasn't given any time to ask the questions on his mind nor to figure out what he felt for this unknown man, nor if he wanted to know Damudar...  yh bt i think theres summut missing from this tho..remember wen he met naku in tht special epi, he tld her tht he knw exactly wts been going on in his life, n knws all tht he's been duin, bt hw? tht was nt revealed...mayb in tht letter it wil b revealed..i feel being a dad he mus hav wntd 2 meet him once n probs did try bt wen he used 2 c dutta b so happy with AS he returned bk... (its summut tht shilpi wrote in her ff n i was hpin tht they wud reveal it in the shw bt they havent dne so yt) like i said there is mre 2 damodar than wt was shown, n m hpin the letter ties up the loose ends becos i feel its tht letter wich shud put a closure 2 DP's chapter n tht cn onli come if dutta forgives DP...Damudar came, shook Dutta's world, got his hug, and "abandoned" his son in an emotional mess again. Putting it roughly.

Even in the end when Damudar was poisoned and lay dying, I felt no sympathy for him. oh my u didnt? i did i felt so bad for him...especially wen i thrt hw as a father of two kids, 1 kid was far away n the other was there bt nt there..if tht makes sense... i felt bad for him..yes he was a bad man bt he had repented n was punished... the death he gt wasnt summut he deserved esp considering he didnt kill SP...it was an accident...he didnt push him..SP lost his balance n fell off the building.. I felt only compassion for Dutta, because once again he was left with his mind/emotions bewildered. I know that Dutta would've forgiven Damudar completely, had he been given time and had Damudar done an honest attempt at getting to know his son, earning his trust and forgiveness rather than demanding it on his death bed.

Lookie there. I just got out all my frustrations with Damudar Patil ๐Ÿ˜† I have a strong feeling, though, that the Damudar track was wrapped up in a hurry due to a certain channel's demands. Don't know. yh mayb or mayb they wntd 2 focus on the next track wich was Tasha's wedding n FR...as tht was in demand at the time

If that's the case, then it wouldn't surprise me. Seems like Damudar spilled all his secrets due to his deadline. mayb or mayb he did tel her bt neva tld her wer this brother was until the end... its hard 2 say becos madhu-DP's relationship wasnt revealed much either... al we knw was tht she stayed in london al her life while he remained in india n paid 1/2 short visits 2 madhu in london..obv they stayed in touch ova fone etc bt jus hw much father-daughter bonding they had was an unsolved question

Yes, he was most definitely interested in knowing her likes/dislikes and her mind-set in general. I loved that scene - the way Dutta was watching her and silently approving of her open and warm interaction with Naku. It impressed and surprised him, because his sisters had never interacted so earnestly with Naku, so warmly. Even when she defended Naku in front of the salesman, she just reminded me so much of Dutta. LOL. Just a female version, ready to hit the guy for his insult. u wnt believe this bt i didnt evn watch tht epi...i onli saw 27th oct epi n thn after tht missed a few for sum reason..lol..bt yh i think he was quite curious 2 knw stuff abt her...i liked hw he watched her til she wnt bk into the changing room bt cudnt quite gt y...i understand baji's reason for staring..lol๐Ÿ˜† 

I think that there were a lot of things going on at that point. Dutta seemed distracted even. I also think that things were building up for the FR, so focusing on Dutta-Madhu at that point would've somehow collided awkwardly with the present track. However, on Tasha's wedding, Dutta smiled at Madhu and acknowledged her as his sister (even though AS had to practically push him to do so). yh bt again it felt forced...i think he'l always love his 3 sisters mre than he cn eva love or shud i say like madhu...like tke this current storyline... he gt a threat tht protect ur ghar ki auratein n who he kept thinkin abt was naku, leela, roops, AS n eventually kala... he didnt think of madhu--i knw she's in london--bt in the business he is in, ppl keep an eye on ur relatives regardless of wt country they r in... i.e. Kurbaan--saif's 1 man was stayin with kareena's dad as a way of threatening her...she was in US while her dad was in India... mayb a dif story bt jus shws tht wen ur in tht business they dnt care wt country ur loved ones r...they wil b ready 2 attack ur family weneva they gt a chance...

I agree on the JMM2 track one. I always wondered why he never mentioned Madhu. Can't explain that one. yh thts summut i'd like 2 no... bt if u think abt it its mayb becos he doesnt accept her as a sis...i mean come on the guy evn mentioned kishores name๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

He didn't make any effort, that's true. But that is why I found Madhu so much more wonderful as his sister. Because she was just what he needed for a sister; the persistent, stubborn little sister who despite his cold attitude toward her kept on trying to break past his wall. Kind of like Naku.

Besides, later on, like Mooner mentioned, he has too much going on mentally and was too distracted with the whole Naku issue to pay much attention to anything else. Even his dhanda. We saw how Chaskar and Suds slowly took over that part because of how distracted Dutta was and because of him shutting out Baji (whom he needs for extra eyes and ears and just by his side). yh mayb he was distracted too much mentally...n ET n suds made sure he was always depressed in sum way or the other be it chaskar or be it suresh business... they had their tracks covered with several back up plans all firing at the poor guy thts y i felt leela-roops-suds wer let of the hook easily...