Article on women gangsters in Mumbai

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

I found this article on women gangsters:
http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-show/slide-show-1-women-gangsters-more-dangerous-complex-hussain-zaidi/20110511.htm

I am posting this here as in LTL we have seen two wannabe women gangsters Kala and Naku. Surprisingly both types of women exist in real life as per a Mumbai crime reporter Hussain Zaidi.
Note that the article has no reference to LTL.

Some highlights:

"You see, many men have this misconception about women, that they are only good-looking beauties or are good at kitchen work.

After meeting them I found out that they were more dangerous and complex. I felt men were not that focused and determined compared to women.

For example, a man who wants to become a ganglord has to collect 10 people and throw his weight by using expletives, and then he becomes a ganglord. He becomes a ganglord because he has the support of those 10 people. On his own, he is nothing.

For a woman, she does not have physical strength; she will not be able to resort to violence too. So what will the woman gangster (in the making) do? She will fall back on her cunning. She will scheme things carefully. And these elements make a women gangster far more dangerous than a male gangster."

"I would say Ashraf alias Sapna Didi. She came from a conservative Muslim family. The cops killed her husband, Mehmood Khan, in a fake encounter. Prior to that she never had revenge on her mind. If her husband was alive, she would have never turned to crime. It was absolutely by chance she became a gangster after her husband's death. "

Both these references reminded me of Kala and Naku respectively.

Edited by kshreya2002 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-sourire- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: kshreya2002

I found this article on women gangsters:
http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-show/slide-show-1-women-gangsters-more-dangerous-complex-hussain-zaidi/20110511.htm

I am posting this here as in LTL we have seen two wannabe women gangsters Kala and Naku. Surprisingly both types of women exist in real life as per a Mumbai crime reporter Hussain Zaidi.
Note that the article has no reference to LTL.

Some highlights:

"You see, many men have this misconception about women, that they are only good-looking beauties or are good at kitchen work.

After meeting them I found out that they were more dangerous and complex. I felt men were not that focused and determined compared to women.

For example, a man who wants to become a ganglord has to collect 10 people and throw his weight by using expletives, and then he becomes a ganglord. He becomes a ganglord because he has the support of those 10 people. On his own, he is nothing.

For a woman, she does not have physical strength; she will not be able to resort to violence too. So what will the woman gangster (in the making) do? She will fall back on her cunning. She will scheme things carefully. And these elements make a women gangster far more dangerous than a male gangster."

"I would say Ashraf alias Sapna Didi. She came from a conservative Muslim family. The cops killed her husband, Mehmood Khan, in a fake encounter. Prior to that she never had revenge on her mind. If her husband was alive, she would have never turned to crime. It was absolutely by chance she became a gangster after her husband's death. "

Both these references reminded me of Kala and Naku respectively.

Thanks for sharing the article, Ksh!

@ Green: 🤣

@ Red: The reasoning seems very legit. I think, in general women attain a mentally mature level earlier in age than men do and I guess that comes in handy when being a gangster as well. 😆

@ Blue: Again, an example of choosing something to do in life as a consequence of something traumatizing...similar to the prostitution stuff that was being discussed a few weeks ago in BB's thread.
Edited by LuvPremeer4ever - 12 years ago
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
t4s ksh...

nice article..goes to shw hw many ppl enter such professions due 2 injustice done to thm or simply becos they hav no other way...m sure no1 in this world wud wna b bad on purpose...theres always summut thts driven thm 2wards tht road
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Interesting, Ksh!I know this was something that bugged you especially during "Kala Saheb" ke hey days 😆 Thanks for posting!
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
@Fatty: Yes this woman gangster thing bugged me and I believe bugged a lot of people. If handled properly it could have been more convincing. Perhaps the writers should have done more research on women gangster.
Zaidi talks even about a woman gangster who was respected by even India's most wanted fugitive Dawood Ibrahim when he used to operate out of India.
Frosty_Moon thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for posting dear