Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

Re-packaged Ramayan on Imagine from May 16th.. (Page 2)

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lola610

if it's just gonna be Baalkand they can trim the Manthara moments where she starts poisoning Kaikeyi's mind far too early. But if they've got deleted scenes that they held out on the first time then showing them would make it worthwhile; there's plenty missing from the Sagars' old serials as can be seen on my YT channel so they probably chopped some sweet stuff out of this one too. Maybe more in-between stuff prior to Ayodhya Kand?

OMG, that would definitely be an improvement. It was sooo annoying and irritating to see Manthara's politics from the beginning itself. She should appear in the Ayodhya Kand and not before, because it ruined the sweet scenes between Kaikeyi and Ram, Kaikeyi and the other Queens, etc. Manthara's character was elongated far too much, and while she was deinitely a great actress doing the role, she did not have to be in the story from the beginnig itself. It would have been more profound to have been introduced to her from the moment Ram's coronation was announced, or even slightly before during the four brothers' marriages.

And your guess about the separate Kandas makes sense. It would give the channel some time to ready a new show.

I hope they don't add too many songs, because that makes the serial slightly frustrating sometimes when you're getting to an interesting part.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 11:31pm | IP Logged

Methinks they've split it into Kands because they're using it as a filler until some other bankable programming comes up to fill that timeslot; they probably hope to get something new on in less time than it would take to show the whole series and so they'll keep splitting into Kands that can be wrapped up quickly and have it appear as if they only intended to show that much. Just a hunch.

While I did loveee all the songs in the series, I don't really think there's room for more since there were already plenty... until Aranya Kand, they had at least a verse for every transition between scenes. The edits you guys mentioned make sense - Ahi-Mahi, Uttar Kand's Hansel and Gretel track, or if it's just gonna be Baalkand they can trim the Manthara moments where she starts poisoning Kaikeyi's mind far too early. But if they've got deleted scenes that they held out on the first time then showing them would make it worthwhile; there's plenty missing from the Sagars' old serials as can be seen on my YT channel so they probably chopped some sweet stuff out of this one too. Maybe more in-between stuff prior to Ayodhya Kand?

As far as unlocking RF, wonder if they'd do that for what seem so far to be reruns... if they do, Rajnish is no longer on IF but Akhil is def still here because I've seen his name in the active users list. IF it doesn't work out though, we can use this thread for daily episode discussions: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1633445 Let's hope they actually give us new stuff to talk about!

P.S. Vrish - the afternoon reruns - at least in the U.S. - went upto Ravan vadh if I remember correctly. The last I had seen was the Ram-Lakshman scene from the night before the last battle, where Lakshman's taking care of his wounds and they're talking about destiny.

Lola

Good ideas.  I guess the argument for or against re-opening RF cuts both ways, and I myself don't have strong opinions against it.  Only thing - it will need some major scrubbing, since a lot of threads created after the end of the serial were about Gurmeets adventures in Geet.  There were some mini threads there about the exploits of Ankit, Vijay Bhatia and others.

On Baalkand, I too would like Manthara's role to be trimmed - some scenes, like her instigating Mandavi to imagine herself as the queen of Ayodhya, were too much! Dead  Personally, I dislike songs in all serials, not just religious ones, and the big reason for that is that they play the songs loud so I have to turn the volume low, but then, the dialogs are barely audible, for which I have to turn it high.  Just wish they'd have songs for just the title tracks, and lose them everywhere in b/w.

I wonder whether there are versions shot that were not shown the first time, like happened w/ the Mahaprayan.  They may be interesting to see, but not major.  In fact, the first time they showed things, they showed so many new things out of the Ananda Ramayan, like Khar-Dushan's war w/ Rama starting even b4 he got to Panchavati, the killing of Shambri and so on.

But knowing Imagine by now, I can tell that they are just experimenting to see if they can grab back the top slot @ 7:00pm.  What I do wonder is how many people will tune into that, when they've already seen the serial?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MagadhSundari-Swetha-

DamRyeong IF-Stunnerz
DamRyeong
DamRyeong

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 12:40am | IP Logged
omggg..thank u so much for this rocking info guys...thanks SV n lalitha di..mwah mwah mwah mwwwaaahhh!!!!!!!!!!

aaj main inni khush hoon...ki bas...Dancing

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

...Mina......PARiNA...-Swetha-..RamKiJanaki..

...Mina... IF-Dazzler
...Mina...
...Mina...

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
wow, i cant wait !!! i just luv ramayan and will watch again on TV!Big smile i have the DVDs, but i like preserving them and instead watch on youtube.EmbarrassedLOL

-Swetha-

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
Hey Guys,

Here are the three Baal Kand promos they showed on Imagine TV so far...if someone has vids of the reruns, please do post! I want to see what they edited out.

-Janu

-Swetha-

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
It's being uploaded on the following channels:
http://www.youtube.com/user/imaginesameeran#p/u/15/TTEDFodKzgQ
http://www.youtube.com/user/dtf00540054

But... so far I haven't noticed any changes apart from a new title song that does not at all sound like a Ravindra Jain composition Ermm

-Swetha-

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 4:48pm | IP Logged

But... so far I haven't noticed any changes apart from a new title song that does not at all sound like a Ravindra Jain composition Ermm

You're right...you know, I feel that the new title song sounds like something the music director of BRC's Mahabharat would compose...it seems more carnatic than hindustani. I wish they'd kept the old song though, why change it? But I guess I understand, since they want to show this in separate Kandas than as a whole serial. It's alright, the new song sounds fine.

So have any scenes been edited out or no? And have the old songs been kept or ousted out? What exactly is different from the original airing?

-Swetha-

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 5:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

You're right...you know, I feel that the new title song sounds like something the music director of BRC's Mahabharat would compose...it seems more carnatic than hindustani. I wish they'd kept the old song though, why change it? But I guess I understand, since they want to show this in separate Kandas than as a whole serial. It's alright, the new song sounds fine.

So have any scenes been edited out or no? And have the old songs been kept or ousted out? What exactly is different from the original airing?

Really? I thought it sounded more modern and echo-y, like JSK's music. Even the singer sounded like that one. I like his voice, reminds me of Hariharan's.

I haven't noticed many other edits - Manthara is still present as ever. The pre-Gurukul phase seemed to go by a bit faster, but Gurukul itself is the same.

-Swetha-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index