Mythological Masti

Re-packaged Ramayan on Imagine from May 16th..

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 | 2:22:21 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    1 Comments

i had posted the topic here coz the ramayan forum is locked...

P.S mods can close dis topic... if it is irrelevant...
Edited by sv003 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Here's the full article:

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 | 2:22:21 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    

Imagine to have a re-run of its popular flagship show, Ramayan...

Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee hit a 'green patch' playing Lord Ram and Sita in Imagine's popular flagship show, Ramayan.

Ramayan had a loyal set of viewers and was showered with good ratings till the very end.

Wondering why we are going down the memory lane? Well, that is because the channel has brought back the successful show on air again.

A little birdie tells us, "Come May 16th, Ramayan will be aired on Imagine at the early evening slot of 7-8 pm, from Monday to Thursday. The whole series has been repackaged by the channel to add freshness; there will be lot many new songs added in the new version of the show".

For the uninitiated, the channel was airing shows like Rakt Sambandh and Armanon ka Balidaan in the 7-8 pm slot. With both the shows getting axed, Ramayan will take the slot now. Guess this is a very good idea to bring in the loyal viewers of Ramayan back!!

Let the Magic be recreated..

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I hate imagine but am happy for their mytho shows
Ankita_88 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
can we have our ramayan forum to be reopened again???
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Yup, it makes sense to re-open that forum, rather than start a new one, if that's what the I-F siteowners do.  Just hope that there are no Manneet posts there.  But it also depends on whether the mods there - Akhl & Rajneesh - would return.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: _Vrish_

Yup, it makes sense to re-open that forum, rather than start a new one, if that's what the I-F siteowners do.  Just hope that there are no Manneet posts there.  But it also depends on whether the mods there - Akhl & Rajneesh - would return.

I PMed Shruti about that, but I'm not sure if she'll open it since the show has already been re-aired in another channel once...it's nothing new. But since there's a tellybuzz article on it, I'm guessing they might.

We'll prohibit all Maneet posts there, because the Geet Forum has prohibited any Gurmeet info/news that has Debina in it, as well as Ramayan posts. It's only fair.

We can PM Akhl and Rajnish, but if they're not even on IF right now, we can have a new set of mods.
Vr15h thumbnail
Akhl was recently in the promotions list, so I'm guessing he's probably still around.  Whether he'd be willing to return, only he knows.  Yummy is a veteran member, so no longer has those powers.
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Methinks they've split it into Kands because they're using it as a filler until some other bankable programming comes up to fill that timeslot; they probably hope to get something new on in less time than it would take to show the whole series and so they'll keep splitting into Kands that can be wrapped up quickly and have it appear as if they only intended to show that much. Just a hunch.

While I did loveee all the songs in the series, I don't really think there's room for more since there were already plenty... until Aranya Kand, they had at least a verse for every transition between scenes. The edits you guys mentioned make sense - Ahi-Mahi, Uttar Kand's Hansel and Gretel track, or if it's just gonna be Baalkand they can trim the Manthara moments where she starts poisoning Kaikeyi's mind far too early. But if they've got deleted scenes that they held out on the first time then showing them would make it worthwhile; there's plenty missing from the Sagars' old serials as can be seen on my YT channel so they probably chopped some sweet stuff out of this one too. Maybe more in-between stuff prior to Ayodhya Kand?

As far as unlocking RF, wonder if they'd do that for what seem so far to be reruns... if they do, Rajnish is no longer on IF but Akhil is def still here because I've seen his name in the active users list. IF it doesn't work out though, we can use this thread for daily episode discussions: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1633445 Let's hope they actually give us new stuff to talk about!

P.S. Vrish - the afternoon reruns - at least in the U.S. - went upto Ravan vadh if I remember correctly. The last I had seen was the Ram-Lakshman scene from the night before the last battle, where Lakshman's taking care of his wounds and they're talking about destiny.
Edited by lola610 - 12 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: lola610

if it's just gonna be Baalkand they can trim the Manthara moments where she starts poisoning Kaikeyi's mind far too early. But if they've got deleted scenes that they held out on the first time then showing them would make it worthwhile; there's plenty missing from the Sagars' old serials as can be seen on my YT channel so they probably chopped some sweet stuff out of this one too. Maybe more in-between stuff prior to Ayodhya Kand?

OMG, that would definitely be an improvement. It was sooo annoying and irritating to see Manthara's politics from the beginning itself. She should appear in the Ayodhya Kand and not before, because it ruined the sweet scenes between Kaikeyi and Ram, Kaikeyi and the other Queens, etc. Manthara's character was elongated far too much, and while she was deinitely a great actress doing the role, she did not have to be in the story from the beginnig itself. It would have been more profound to have been introduced to her from the moment Ram's coronation was announced, or even slightly before during the four brothers' marriages.

And your guess about the separate Kandas makes sense. It would give the channel some time to ready a new show.

I hope they don't add too many songs, because that makes the serial slightly frustrating sometimes when you're getting to an interesting part.
Vr15h thumbnail
Originally posted by: lola610

Methinks they've split it into Kands because they're using it as a filler until some other bankable programming comes up to fill that timeslot; they probably hope to get something new on in less time than it would take to show the whole series and so they'll keep splitting into Kands that can be wrapped up quickly and have it appear as if they only intended to show that much. Just a hunch.

While I did loveee all the songs in the series, I don't really think there's room for more since there were already plenty... until Aranya Kand, they had at least a verse for every transition between scenes. The edits you guys mentioned make sense - Ahi-Mahi, Uttar Kand's Hansel and Gretel track, or if it's just gonna be Baalkand they can trim the Manthara moments where she starts poisoning Kaikeyi's mind far too early. But if they've got deleted scenes that they held out on the first time then showing them would make it worthwhile; there's plenty missing from the Sagars' old serials as can be seen on my YT channel so they probably chopped some sweet stuff out of this one too. Maybe more in-between stuff prior to Ayodhya Kand?

As far as unlocking RF, wonder if they'd do that for what seem so far to be reruns... if they do, Rajnish is no longer on IF but Akhil is def still here because I've seen his name in the active users list. IF it doesn't work out though, we can use this thread for daily episode discussions: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1633445 Let's hope they actually give us new stuff to talk about!

P.S. Vrish - the afternoon reruns - at least in the U.S. - went upto Ravan vadh if I remember correctly. The last I had seen was the Ram-Lakshman scene from the night before the last battle, where Lakshman's taking care of his wounds and they're talking about destiny.

Lola

Good ideas.  I guess the argument for or against re-opening RF cuts both ways, and I myself don't have strong opinions against it.  Only thing - it will need some major scrubbing, since a lot of threads created after the end of the serial were about Gurmeets adventures in Geet.  There were some mini threads there about the exploits of Ankit, Vijay Bhatia and others.

On Baalkand, I too would like Manthara's role to be trimmed - some scenes, like her instigating Mandavi to imagine herself as the queen of Ayodhya, were too much! 🤢  Personally, I dislike songs in all serials, not just religious ones, and the big reason for that is that they play the songs loud so I have to turn the volume low, but then, the dialogs are barely audible, for which I have to turn it high.  Just wish they'd have songs for just the title tracks, and lose them everywhere in b/w.

I wonder whether there are versions shot that were not shown the first time, like happened w/ the Mahaprayan.  They may be interesting to see, but not major.  In fact, the first time they showed things, they showed so many new things out of the Ananda Ramayan, like Khar-Dushan's war w/ Rama starting even b4 he got to Panchavati, the killing of Shambri and so on.

But knowing Imagine by now, I can tell that they are just experimenting to see if they can grab back the top slot @ 7:00pm.  What I do wonder is how many people will tune into that, when they've already seen the serial?