Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

Message to the CVs - 10th May 2011

bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Dear CVs,

First of all, Congratulations on achieving 1+ TRP!!! (and that too before the time-change!)
[Hope all the concerned folks at the PH, CH and rest of the people involved with BBAT understand what a little "push" in the form on promotions did to this show. And hope they now understand how much of business loss was it for all these months.]

New Viewers
With the time-change and the viewers of the other show that just ended, you definitely are going to get newer viewers now.

I see that a lot of care was put-in in developing the last 2 episode to cater to the newer viewers and their interest, by providing a brief summary, using a lot of flashbacks and also including the parts from the old episodes in conversations (dialogues).

In the very 1st few minutes of Monday's episode, R confesses her mistake. This was very important for a newer viewer who might have tuned in to see what this show is all about. In that scene, the tone was set that BBAT is different from the rest of the Zee shows. It was shown that the main female lead is no 'mahaan' person and that she too can make mistakes and can ask for forgiveness. While it was done, point to note was it was done with such simplicity, just matter-of-factly. That was good!

Also was shown the fact that this female lead does include her husband in very sensitive matters and does not do all the things by herself to garner kudos from one and all at the end (except the viewers!). 

Those were the 2 things, that would have set BBAT apart from the rest! Done in just 2 episodes! Good job!

Old Viewer
While the female lead did confess to her mistake, the old viewer of the show would have known easily that it was such a trivial issue, but that does not matter. What matters is that it was shown!

I do not know who from the PH, CH, cast and crew of BBAT reads what we write, but it is clear that someone conveys our questions, comments, critics and displeasure to you guys and you take all our feedback seriously. That you honor our varied feedback because you respond to them by working on them and presenting that work so beautifully in the upcoming episodes. This also conveys to us that we are not 'wasting' our time providing feedback on this show.

Beginning from Jabbu-Mahadevi (J-M) track, the older viewer (atleast some) might have been wondering where you guys were going with this track. Was it just to expand the story by providing stories for the side-characters? Was it because one cannot go on telling story only about the main-leads? What was the reason chosen to change Jabbu's characterization so drastically over the last 2 episodes (Exactly in Friday's episode by bringing in Barkha Rani, Rupa etc.)? Why so much of screen-time is provided to J-M, etc. etc ? But today all the answers were given. It was clear that while you guys were building the J-M story, you never waivered from your original story, story of G-R. While for the new viewers, you used lots of flashbacks to explain that, for the old viewer, it was clear that J-M was just a sub-plot to get back to the attention to the challenge that was between G-R. With 30 days almost coming to an end, J-M sub-plot was used to convey very intelligently to G - that he had kind-of grown comfortable in his relationship with R, that he had kind-of forgotten about the challenge that was between them. (Here again, you had accomodated it for the newer viewer who would have come looking for what the challenge is all about, that they would have watched from the promos!).

In today's episode there was no lovey-dovey scene, no nok-jhok scene between G-R (which I'm sure everyone of us would love), but still it was a BRILLIANT episode just because of the EXCEPTIONAL story-telling. 

Yes, you are working on a daily soap and each episode last only 30mins. Not everything can be conveyed in 30mins. Some days are required to 'build-up' the story, Some days are required to build-up the sub-plots and some other days on some such things, but none of those are a waste and none of them are shown for the sake of passing 1 more episode, for the sake of passing 30 more mins, (I do watch other shows and know what I am talking about here 😉). As far as I have seen of BBAT, not a single frame is wasted. Every scene, every dialogue is so thoughtfully chosen and placed, everything has a meaning and a reason. Watching all the details that you take care of  I can just tell that you guys are BRILLIANT CRAFTSMEN of your trade who have EXCELLENT story-weaving and presentation skills. What a MASTERSTROKE it was, today's episode!

I do not know what is in store in the future episodes and how well you would do your job, but for now, I am extremely satisfied and a happy viewer. Kudos to the entire team of BBAT for such a wonderful job. I have great respect for you all. Keep up the good work. Wish you all continued success.

Not just you CVs, you also have excellent people that present your story on the screen, the technical team and the cast of the show! They are AMAZING too. Not sure if you guys are 'fortunate' to have such a cast for your show or the cast are 'fortunate' to have you as their CVs and technical team, but I sure think it is we who are 'fortunate' to have this FABULOUS amalgamation of the entire BBAT Team.

Thank You.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I know I am not supposed to just put emoticons, so here is my comment to Bee for the thread and the CVs for the way BBAT is moving. 

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 

I mentioned in the update that though I was writing, I felt yesteday's (5/10) episode was the one of the best yet.  Such parallel drawn.  Un-frigging-believable!

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
bhavni88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
great post Bee 👏

you have said it all..congrats to the whole team of BBAT..👏
EcliPSe_2010 thumbnail
Bee
The writers or the responsible party for the storytelling is absolutely doing a wonderful consistent job in the past two episodes concerning the development of the relationship between Guddu & Runjhun.   👍🏼
Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Amazing thread! Bee you are so eloquent, incredible and intelligent. I am just bumping this so that the CV's can see it
OmaRamdass thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Bee i echo all your sentiments exactly - kudos to the writers -  i am 99% never disappointed in the episodes. 
I love this show and i believe it will rise and become one of the best shows out here.
For a while i was wondering when will zeetv bring a show with substance and had a natural show and made sense.
They keep bringing shows and they get cancelled within months because the shows made absolutely no sense or the shows had a story line that the viewers have seen a hundred times before.
I love this storyline and i want to applaud the writers 👏
bee5 thumbnail
gardes, bhavni, eclipse, jp, oma - Thanks guys! With CVs doing SUPERLATIVE job episode after episode, I seem to be running short of adjectives in praise of them!

JP, I know, my post had nothing for discussion, that anyone would write something. So, special thanks to you for identifying that it had to be read by that someone of CVs representatives and hence bringing it back on page 1. Appreciate it very much.
Infofan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Superb post Bee. Kudos to the entire team of BBAT.  👏👍🏼

It is posts such as these by you and other members of the forum that got me interested in watching BBAT  😊

Could this be made into a sticky?
Edited by Infofan - 12 years ago
bee5 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Infofan

It is posts such as these by you and other members of the forum that got me interested in watching BBAT  😊

Thank you Infofan. 
Yes, there are some wonderful writers in this forum.

I am one of the old-timers in this forum, the writing kinds 😉😃 Whether or not my writing can ever reach upto the level of the best ones here, I just used to write bcos I loved what I saw (in the episode). 

Earlier it used to feel I talked to myself ..now it is nice to see so many people coming in.
Shineon thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Great Post Bee!!!!

The CV's deserves to hear our applauds and encouragement for the good job they are doing with the show.