Believe in prophecies ? Rome to tumble 11 May

Posted: 12 years ago
</div>

Most prophecies never come about it seems.

So will this one below pass unnoticed too.

Well nothing happened in Rome, but there was one in Spain.😆
May not count though

Rome trembles at earthquake prophecy

ROME - WILL Rome crumble on Wednesday? Thousands of alarmed Italians are fleeing the capital amid rumours that a seismologist predicted that a devastating earthquake will strike the Eternal City.

Scholars poring over the works of Raffaele Bendandi, who died in 1979, inferred that the self-taught seismologist had calculated that a massive earthquake would rock Rome on May 11, 2011, though the date is not explicitly written.

The president of the Bendandi Foundation tried to quash the rumour, saying: 'I can say with complete certainty that in Bendandi's documents there is no trace of a prophecy about an earthquake in Rome on May 11, 2011.

That didn't stop Italians from panicking, notably because the controversial Bendandi is credited with having correctly predicted earthquakes during his lifetime on the basis of planetary alignments. Police have been flooded with alarmed calls, and Rome's city hall decided to open a toll-free number 'to calm the citizenry', an official said.

The flow of people to the outskirts of Rome has also spiked, according to Italy's main farmers association Coldiretti. Across the capital, a noticeable number of shops are shuttered with notices citing vacation or illness, the ANSA news agency reported.

The scare comes just two years after a major earthquake hit the ancient city of L'Aquila, only around 100km from Rome, killing 308 people. To allay fears, Rome's Sapienza University is offering a conference on Wednesday titled: 'Waiting for the Earthquake: Knowing About Earthquakes and Understanding Their Impact to Learn How to Protect Yourselves'. -- AFP

Edited by Summer3 - 12 years ago
Great debate is going on regarding the 2012 Mayan calendar predictions of a major natural disaster.

But frankly the global warming that is going on is a very major concern for me. Recent studies indicate a major rise in sea levels to a few metres as the polar glaciers are melting at an unbelievable rate.

Lasers beamed from space have found that glaciers in the Antarctic and Greenland are melting faster then previously predicted, according to scientists. The findings are said to be ''the most comprehensive picture'' yet of the decline and an important step towards more accurate predictions for future sea-level rise. Analysis of millions of Nasa satellite measurements from both regions' vast ice sheets shows the most serious ice loss is a result of glaciers speeding up where they flow into the sea. The ''dynamic thinning'' of glaciers now occurs on all Greenland latitudes, has intensified on key Antarctic coastlines, is penetrating far inside the ice sheets and is spreading as ice shelves thin by ''ocean-driven melt''.

The work by the University of Bristol and the British Antarctic Survey is published today in the science journal, Nature. Bristol's Laura Edwards, one of the authors, said: ''This study highlights just how important satellite measurements are for observing change on the scale of the Greenland and Antarctica ice sheets.

''There is realistically no other way of obtaining such comprehensive coverage, and what we see is that many more glaciers have speeded up than we'd expected. ''We really need these measurements because we don't yet understand what the ice sheets are going to do in the future, but we know that they'll have a big effect on sea level.''

how can u get the spelling of prophecy wrong even when it's in the article?! LOL
To believe in prophecy means to believe that people can read into the future! I think people are just lucky and are able to make some really educated guesses.    To me they are merely superstitious and their interpretations are vague that cannot be applied to just one event. They cannot be proven or claimed for which I do not believe in prophecy.

The Rome trembles at earthquake prophecy is merely a rumor and out of control! In this day and age where scientists are using interferometry to track shifting tectonic plates and predict where the next  earthquake may occur: such prophecy are senseless.

There have been many prophecies about May 21st, 2011 to be Judgment Day and December 21st, 2012 world coming to an end.  And I predict that on Dec 22nd, 2012 I will still be on IF commenting on your thread.  ðŸ˜†
Edited by night13 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by osama-bin-joe

how can u get the spelling of prophecy wrong even when it's in the article?! LOL

No wonder it never came true😆
I had seen it Spelt with an s too.

Originally posted by night13

To believe in prophecy means to believe that people can read into the future! I think people are just lucky and are able to make some really educated guesses.    To me they are merely superstitious and their interpretations are vague that cannot be applied to just one event. They cannot be proven or claimed for which I do not believe in prophecy.

The Rome trembles at earthquake prophecy is merely a rumor and out of control! In this day and age where scientists are using interferometry to track shifting tectonic plates and predict where the next earthquake may occur: such prophecy are senseless.

There have been many prophecies about May 21st, 2011 to be Judgment Day and December 21st, 2012 world coming to an end. And I predict that on Dec 22nd, 2012 I will still be on IF commenting on your thread.😆

Yes so far nothing happened in Rome.
Certain prophecies are self fulfilling too.
I am practising the guessing of winning lottery numbers.
But in can be just pure luck.
Solar storms and flares could pose a danger to earth. I have a bit of fear about the future. May not be immediate but we never know.
Okay earthquake happened but was in Spain.
So it was a bit out. Still Italians will be cautious as they could be next.

Spain: Earthquake rocks Lorca, Murcia, killing 10
11 May 11 22:41 GMT
At least 10 people were killed after a magnitude-5.2 earthquake toppled several buildings in southern Spain near the town of Lorca, officials say.
The quake struck at a depth of just 1km (0.6 miles), some 120km south-west of Alicante, at 1847 (1647 GMT), the US Geological Survey reported.
Lines of cars lay crushed under tonnes of rubble and a hospital was evacuated as a precaution.
The quake followed a 4.4-magnitude tremor about two hours earlier.
It is not clear how many people were injured, although Spanish media say there are dozens.
Military deployed
Spanish TV captured dramatic images of a church bell tower crashing to the ground, landing just metres from a cameraman.
Shocked residents and workers rushed out of buildings and gathered in squares, parks and open spaces. Old buildings were badly damaged.
As night fell many people were still too afraid to return to their homes.
"The whole of the centre of Lorca has been seriously damaged," a delegate from the regional government of Murcia told national radio.
"There are thousands of very disorientated people."
A doctor told the online edition of El Pais that she and her colleagues went into the streets and treated people with serious injuries, many of them "unconscious".
"The ambulances could not reach them. They took more than 40 minutes," the doctor said.
Angel Dominguez, a translator based in Lorca, tweeted: "A friend of ours was in the main avenue of Lorca - she saw debris falling down on pedestrians. The poor girl was shocked."
The earthquakes were felt over a wide area.
"Unfortunately, we can confirm... deaths due to cave-ins and falling debris," Lorca Mayor Francisco Jodar told radio station Ser.
"We are trying to find out if there are people inside the collapsed houses," he added.
A number of aftershocks have been felt in the region after Wednesday's quake, and authorities fear the death toll could rise.
Spain's Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero has deployed emergency military units to the scene, the Spanish news agency Efe reported.
Mr Zapatero was in a meeting with Spanish King Juan Carlos when he was informed of the quake, the premier's office said in a statement.
The BBC's Sarah Rainsford in Madrid says the quake is the most serious to hit Spain in about 50 years.
Spain has hundreds of earthquakes every year but most of them are too small to be noticed.
Murcia is the country's most seismically active area and suffered tremors in 2005 and 1999.
Murcia is close to the large faultline beneath the Mediterranean Sea where the European and African continents meet.
Are you in the area? Send us your comments.
Send your pictures and videos to [email protected] or text them to 61124 (UK) or +44 7725 100 100 (International). If you have a large file you can upload here.
Spain: Earthquake rocks Lorca, Murcia, killing 10
tell me beforehand, i wanna shop forever then .. who will save for 2 years meh.. 🤔
Originally posted by monar

tell me beforehand, i wanna shop forever then .. who will save for 2 years meh.. 🤔
Not everything is cast in stone. Situations and things do change.

I think it is human nature never to be satisfied, we blame it on everything around us. But all could be in the mind.
There is no doubt that we have to make the best effort and change things for the better.

These prophecies are worded so ambiguously that they can be interpreted any way possible. After the event has occurred, the happening is used to affirm the belief that the prophecy was correct. And if matters do not unfold as expected, then it is assumed that people were unable to comprehend the meanings of the prophecies. So much for a prophecy if you are using it in hindsight. 😆

But I like Trelawney's prophecies.

Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 12 years ago