May 10th: Things I liked - Page 4

Posted: 12 years ago
nyc post dear...i agree wid ur points !
Nice post as always!

For me it was a bit boring episode and as u hv said, last part when navya was walking to her parents was the longest walk till date😆...

Lets see what happens in the picnic!

Btw smile wala point was LMAO! 🤣🤣🤣
Seriously!!
@Mru/Amy/Neha: God you guys...I died laughing reading the bits about Achmed and the Addams Family...tooo hilarious🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Originally posted by Awesome.Sauce

and TALK ABOUT IT. How does she manage being sooo slow.😕I would have loved if her dad would have said " Chal rehne de. jabtak tu aayegi tab tak toh goodmorning bolne ka time ho jayega" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

LMAOOO Nehaaa🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣  "Good Morning bolne ka time ho jaayega" Sach!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Originally posted by LadyMcbeth

Agreed that it was a filler episode today.

Things I liked:

1) Appy and Navya's offline conversation about money being an issue for Appy and Navya offering to pay for her without offending her dignity. Wonder what she's going to do though, now that money is an issue with her family as well.

2) Ritz and Ranbir being truly upset that none of their friends were keen on going to Panchgani

3) Navya's dad and mom's conversation about financial crunch

4) Anant's conversation with his Dadajee (or Babajee)

5) Mohan bhaiyya's mute support to Anant

6) Anant jubilant after Navya agrees and manao-es everyone to come to the picnic

I agree for the most part, LadyM ...I also liked Mohan's mute support to Anant...one of the few subtle nice moments in that scene at the table which was otherwise RIDICULOUSLY dragged...the Appy-Navya scene was nice too...as for Anant...found him a little too quickly bouncy again so I was kinda ermmm😆...the transitioning of those scenes wasn't handled well IMO...also Soumya's acting in the first scene especially was not up to the mark.

Things I did not like:

1) Navya trying to cheer up the group by agreeing to submit the form. The concept was good ... but the excecution wasn't ... the scene somehow felt stiff and awkward to me

2) Navya's expressions throughout the scene with Anant - she seemed fagged out. Although Anant was back to his chirpy self again, Navya was out of spirits and oddly wasn't smiling when Anant blatantly said that her smile itself would win over her Dad. Her repetitive introspection. Didn't add much value to the scene. WORDDD to these two points!👏👏 She deffo looked fagged out in that scene as you said...and the entire group interaction was deffo stiff and awkward...the concept was nice but yeah the execution didn't live up to it...you'd expect them all to have more comfortable chemistry as a group by this point...the scenes should flow more naturally. And like I said above...Soumya's acting was patchy in this scene...she was moving her eyes around too much back and forth...looked kinda odd

3) Creepster family's repetitive and creepy expressions. Bua dadi's dour face, Bhabhi's always-plotting-something expression, Sa-gun's lack of expression, Anant's dad's gruff expression, Dadajee's strained expression etc ... only Nimisha and Anant seem to be smiling in the family. Baap re baap!

4) It has become a norm now - whenever either Anant's dad, Om or Dadajee talk against Sanjay Chachajee, Nimisha's mom and Anant's mom exchange nervous glances at each other.

5) Slllooow motion ... *yawn*

Ditto to everything else...aapne sab SANKSHEP mein achhe se bol diya, LadyM! Muahhh!😆

Originally posted by Ruxana91

i thought it was just me lool - i loved the scene but my reaction was the exact copy of urs lool i was waiting & waiting to see even the slightest glimpse of a smile but nope, zilch - it ddnt happen lool 😆😆😆
 LOL yeah honestly that scene had the potential to be quite sweet but I feel the execution of it wasn't up to the mark...they could have atleast shown Navya smiling SLIGHTLY if nothing else...but nope, they didn't even show that much😆

before I  write ANYTHING else - 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆that should just about sum up the state i'm in at the moment loool 😆😆😆 (btw for those who don't know me- I'm Ruxana 😊) although I've never come across many of you before - Neha, Mru, Amy and Anu(whose updates i thoroughly enjoy reading 😊) let me tell you - never before have i EVER laughed so bad after reading a series of posts on IF loool ahh my sides are still hurting lool  LOL Ruxana, around Neha toh you will anyways die laughing...she's an excellent spoofster😆...She'll come up with THE most hilarious analogies always😆  But Mru's ACHMED one was really a stroke of genius today...ROFL...I can't stop laughing thinking of that scene now with this description...haha

firstly Anu - as always ur analysis of the episode was bang on right! there were the odd few nice scenes but defo not as gud as yesterdays episode...loved Anant continuing the childlike stubbornness and then like you said - going back to his bouncy self! Loved how Navya subtly reiterated Anants words 😊
right so let me tell u guyz now wt exactly made me laugh so bad lool
- your description of navya's super extended slow motion scene...like, seriously?...could that have lasted any longer?? lol
- haha CENTER SHOCK BABA loool what a name! but suits him perfectly!
- & obviously - Achhmmeedd 🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣come to think of it-thats exactly who he reminds me of! lool the picture defo helped to prove the point
- and gosh u all were so right about Anants mums reaction lool

sorry for the super long essay but i'm so glad i got all that out of my system, or else i would have literally been laughing out loud to myself and my sis would have thought i've lost the plot lool
thank you all sooo much for making me laugh lool u guyz truly made my day 😉 LOL glad you enjoyed the post and the ROFL session in here...loved reading your response as well, Ruxana :-)
Originally posted by slmu

Nice analysis as usual.

Navya shocked herself with Anant ki Navya in the previous episode and now she wants to spend 48 hrs with him??? I found that too quick. I was wondering if she would even manage to finish entering her parents' room. Ridiculous slow motion. Some things they speed up or don't show and leave to the viewer's imagination like Navya changing her mind about the picnic forms and then some things they drag sooo ridiculously that  person almost passes out watching the slow-motion drama...they need to do something about the stupid slow motion walking they show of Navya atleast...that is not realistic from any stretch of imagination even for a "shy" girl...and Navya's parents also standing there just staring at her for an ETERNITY as she makes her way over *rolls eyes* LOL I was surprised that THEY didn't show impatience with her slow motion...and even the scene with Anant struggling to ask permission at the table was WAY too dragged out with him taking five minute long gaps to start talking...hadh hoti hai

Liked Anant's question to his babaji. He is indirectly asking if they have no faith in their upbringing. Very nice. That entire family is sooo... Terrible danger of it becoming a saas-bahu drama once Anya get married. Yep the way the family is shown...and the way Anant honestly is quite wary of them too it does seem like this will become a typical saas-bahu drama when AN get married but for that very reason they shouldn't show these two getting married soon...the show will go downhill them IMO

Wonder how Navya will manage to pay for her own and Appy's trip now?? Maybe she's saved up on pocket money?😆 She did get those Rs.500 for cooking food that day, nahin?😆
Originally posted by b.sarika2

yes the episode was a drag...Navya ko thoda exercise karne ki jarurat hai...would definitely help in overcoming this slow motion problem.LMAO good one😆 Centre shock baba (nice name) is a miscast..he  does not have required screen presence, personality and voice to execute this role. They have to give bg special effect wala music to show that people around him are scared. haha exactly...they have to TELL us through all the use of this dramatic music and all that everyone is oh so scared of him...otherwise there's no impact For this kind of role you need a personality like Kabir bedi to carry it off. Anant's dad is also ...whatever...Anant jaisa handsome ladka unka kaise ho sakta hai...😕 
Originally posted by JZephyr

Aite my take - late, and short today (maybe) cause like you I felt  this episode was rather... well, shoddy! 

Good thing: There were tons of scenes with a lot of potential to be done well and leave an impact.

Bad thing: None really accomplished, sigh. That sums it up perfectly, JZ👏😆

** I think Anant's angry looks were more overdone for me in this episode, as opposed to Navya's fluster/dilemma. When he tore the form, it was good one second, then he gave that expression while saying ab aya yakin and I was rolling eyes. Didn't match up his usual level, for me. LOL I was wondering if I should point that out when I was already complaining about quite a bit in this epi but I couldn't agree with you more...I think Shaheer overdid that initial bit...the expressions weren't as up to the mark...given how good he was in the previous epi...this one felt kinda off

** The slow motion is SO back - and do I hate it, or do I?! Navya, in approaching her friends, Navya in approaching her parents, Anant in speaking his mind. I get they've created this intrigue with the entire hug sequence trailer, and they're trying to cash in on that - but over playing cards of intrigue always back fires. The fizz just goes out - until no one really cares what happens, when it finally does. I agree...and honestly if they really think that the hug is the only highpoint they have and nothing else matters, that mindset is lame...every scene is a build up and should be done justice to...not just draggg things along to get through the week and then show one dhang ka epi 3 days later😕😆...this formula will affect the show in a negative manner eventually. 

** Scene between friends - one which should have really taken the cake, and really did not. Just that bit when Navya says she'll go enjoy alone at Panch, and Ritz, Ranbir, Anant raise heads - yes, was good - but that's that. The reactions were mellow. Almost like they know, the audience knew, that this was going to happen - so why make a big deal? But thing is, cliche is only so long cliche as long as the actor makes it look so. Exactly...there was potential for a very sweet and natural scene b/w the friends here but I found it to be kinda stiff and awkward like LadyM said as well.

** Disappointed with Appy's money crisis track. I realized the second they made her say that, that the were going to bring in the fiscal angle ton Navya's side - that, and when mom was denying Harsh his training. I would have liked it to remain completely Navya's thing - the fiscal issue, and let Appy have a unique problem of her own - say like the one I said yesterday? Maybe I'm biased cause i thought that out, but really, what's the point bringing the same issue forth in every character?! Like I said, disappointing to me. With this angle, thy make Appy the redundant sidekick again. The pitiable kind too :| Waise I liked that scene b/w Appy-Navya cuz I thought Soumya's acting there was good as well...but yeah I guess in a sense it's a cliched track to go for the money crisis excuse...

** Anant's family at dinner scene was so frustrating! I swear! The way the camera kept going in circles to every face, and the way every face showed only and iota of variation in repetitive expressions over and over, and over - argh! Everyone in that scene was bad. Oh, everyone, except Big brother (just a little not) and Baba aka dadaji. Somehow, I really like the actor/character of Dadaji. LOL so you are the #1 fan of Center shock Baba?? Niceee😆

which takes me to...

** Dadaji Anant showdown. That was about the only part of the episode I loved. Not because everyone was bound to be cheering for Anant to go give it straight back to the man. Nope. This was on account of the oldie. I loved that subtle stricken expression he masked with impassivity. It had every making of this is what I've cultivated with education. this rebellion shall have no putting down... It was his very shrewd and complete understanding of how Anant was going to be very different, and very difficult to manipulate and handle, because he was neither his father, nor his uncle, not his brother. I agree with this bit...jokes about his bulging eyeballs aside😆, I too noticed that the way he handled Anant there showed his shrewd understanding that this was a different case...the way he kept asking him to give him a valid reason...to show that he is open to understanding IF provided a good reason...but Anant was busy stuttering through most of that bit😆😆

The impending has dawned upon Dadaji in a big way - he may not see the exact proceeds of the future, but he can see it wont be simple with Anant, and it will definitely not be about bow your head and listen, forgetting reason. I loved that play of emotion - I think this is the start of that realization dawning on him...that Anant is changing...he will try to block this change in some manipulative manner in the coming epis again I'm sure.

and i like how Anant, even with his very well crafted answer has no diplomacy whatsoever about it, so far. He's still being the newfound himself. Driven by the cause 'Navya' to make happen what he would never have attempted, much less willed, otherwise! He's blindly driven by her momentum, and in the inertia of it shall accomplish impossible feats! Oh the look of Dadaji comprehending this go-for-it Anant facade was fantastic! Excellent stuff from both actors in that one scene. You know the CONCEPT of it was nice, JZ...but they DRAGGED it tooo much...if Anant was indeed driven by the cause known as Navya...by that momentum, then the impact could have been shown SO much better...the fact that the took 9897898789 billion years to get to the point honestly was a let down to me. But yes, other than that I did like Shaheer's acting in this scene the most in this epi...the Dadaji was interesting as well😆

** Navya's scene hugging her parents - another one with potential, and another let down. This should have been a revelation to the viewers, of how despite common principles and all, Navy's home is much more home than Anant's.

Yesterday's scene should have been more touching than it unfortunately was made to be. The parents by themselves were definitely better! Agree again...this scene also had potential to be very touching...but the dragfest and the execution of it was a let down so I didn't really feel the scene

** Anything I missed?! Oh yeh! Anant bouncing back. Oh geez! That was a little too fast, ha ha! Too fast to even be put down to him being such a boy. He could have definitely managed like a minute's solemn conversation before bursting with his over enthusiasm again. That's what I'd hoped...but apparently Anant truly is ADD on such subjects...no time for a slight second of solemn conversation😆...would have helped especially seeing HOW upset he was about the issue previously and how they never even showed us how Navya introspected and changed her mind on this.
yesterday epi was boring except the first part...when navya agreed to go for picnic & anant ka jhut mut ka naraz rehna was sooo cute...
rest epi was on to take permission from their parents...navya took lot of time  in coming near to her parents..snail speed...hatts off anant,anant knows how to treat his dada ji...kya explaination di,superb..
Originally posted by nureat01

xx
JZee

Edited by JZephyr - 12 years ago