Debate Mansion

Are debates necessary? - Page 2

thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Debate is often interpreted as arguing and quarreling, when you eloquently put your point across and won't stop unless you silence your counterpart. My interest in debating has for a long time now been into a misconception of my 'innate' habit of arguing and I am disgraced for no real reason.  πŸ·

Debating is a healthy practice, those who have the skill will tell you how much it helps in comprehending people's otherwise useless opinion, it is apt to make sense to you when you are in a debate and it must as well bring you to terms with people's ideas, they could be unlike yours which is why you dun agree and debate, they could be quaint, they could be thought-provoking and so forth. 

Debates are necessary as I'd like to believe, they are one of the best agents to communicate and share your thought-process, you are an avid debater if you can make an impact on people. It is never about conquering or asserting your fine idea of the subject, it is an exquisite art of displaying your opinion, world over. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I think Debates are necessary, not to pull down someone or to pose yourself smarter, and not even to push your staunch believes to someone. Debates are necessary to see and understand the other side of coin which we often miss because of our preconceptions and prejudice, It helps us to increase the scope of our views and knowledge, and opens us for wider thoughts...

btw, I agree to blue-ice too keep DM running we need to debate no matter if it is on debate.. 😊
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: sparkjule

So you are saying that debate not necessarily on an intense topic, people would start debating on any matter whether its worth to have a debate on or not. Debates just takes place just for the sake of it

till people keep their cool and dont change the simple conversation to big altercation, debates on any subject r acceptable, anyways who will decide whether topic is insignificant or not? that too is individual perspective :)
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: sparkjule

But the notion of debate, or the moment you hear tht you are in a debate it comes that my opinion should be dominant no matter what, i am not going to listen to anyone and yes you are right that debates have fights whn people get personal, debates can sometimes mislead too not necessarily educate more than text books if one has skill to put forth his opinion in a strong manner and his opinion need not most wise thn yes they are misleading too...i find it difficult tht people have tht in mind to get rid of the idea tht ur debate is gonna change anyone, they mostly debate to change the other

haha i didnt change anyone...anytimeπŸ˜† might have but dont remember πŸ˜†

yes u r right...what I described is what debate would be in a perfect world...what u described is what debate is in a real world...we all are far from perfect...and frankly speaking...there is no fun in being perfect...so enjoy the debates...aur fights hongi...toh Mods hain na...aakhir wo kis din kaam aayengeπŸ˜†
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: blue-ice

yes u r right...what I described is what debate would be in a perfect world...what u described is what debate is in a real world...we all are far from perfect...and frankly speaking...there is no fun in being perfect...so enjoy the debates...aur fights hongi...toh Mods hain na...aakhir wo kis din kaam aayengeπŸ˜†

Yeah! maintaining peace and order on the forum is the Mod's responsibility. When they volunteered to moderate the forum they willingly took it on . The Dmers never took on the responsibility of safeguarding every debator's feelings or sensibilities before they start bashing everyone right and left . However the Mods in turn have the power to dump their decision to save / ban/ terminate any one just like the captain of Titanic  ..and hmm..without some fire and ice  DM would be a dull place anyway ! I m not complaining!πŸ˜† 
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: angie.4u

Yeah! maintaining peace and order on the forum is the Mod's responsibility. When they volunteered to moderate the forum they willingly took it on . The Dmers never took on the responsibility of safeguarding every debator's feelings or sensibilities before they start bashing everyone right and left . However the Mods in turn have the power to dump their decision to save / ban/ terminate any one just like the captain of Titanic  ..and hmm..without some fire and ice  DM would be a dull place anyway ! I m not complaining!πŸ˜† 

<lol> Are you sure you are not complaining! πŸ˜†
It's all about who get the 'last word'... thankfully there is a MOD!
πŸ˜‰
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
hmmm healthy discussion with matured talking supported by some facts otherwise ,I love to kick those a$$, who take Debate views personaly and some situation for fun debate we need a Bakra or Kudh bakra ban javooo...then you can see lots of holly comments and thoughts!!πŸ˜ƒ
_Angie_ thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: night13

<lol> Are you sure you are not complaining! πŸ˜†
It's all about who get the 'last word'... thankfully there is a MOD!
πŸ˜‰

You dont want a debate on that , do you ! πŸ˜† 
Without a Mod there would have been far more casualties in the form of injured egos...
So a Mod is required for both prevention as well as cure. Trouble is sometimes the cure could be worse than the ailment
_Angie_ thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Believe

hmmm healthy discussion with matured talking supported by some facts otherwise ,I love to kick those a$$, who take Debate views personaly and some situation for fun debate we need a Bakra or Kudh bakra ban javooo...then you can see lots of holly comments and thoughts!!πŸ˜ƒ

Havent seen anyone else volunteer to be the bali ka bakra here πŸ˜†
kuchh log unintentionally banjate hain , woh baat alag hai.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: angie.4u

Havent seen anyone else volunteer to be the bali ka bakra here πŸ˜† -
Kabi kabi Kurbaniya dhena padtha hey bossπŸ˜†πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›
kuchh log unintentionally banjate hain , woh baat alag hai.-ya thats trueπŸ˜ƒ