Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Some facts about miscarriage - Page 2

aparakshitij thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Thanks 4 d information!

Even my mom had a MC.But she came to know thru bleeding & cramps.Akshi's case looks different.Didnt know der cud b silent MC as well.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mads_004 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: _charu_

the confusion is that it may be silent/missed MC but she's experiencing one symptom of MC already i.e. cramps, so is it possible that bleeding doesn't occur? the pain is not a normal pain but like the one experienced by women during delivery...silent/missed MC mein, she should not have any pain/bleeding...the silent MC is discovered in Ultrasound only right? ...cramps means damage is already done, she lost the baby..body is already reacting to the MC n getting ready for the abortion ? in that case, bleeding should occur ðŸ˜•

ya it does happen but somtimes its immediately followed by cramping and some times very slowly over a period of time.its called spotting.actually what happens is that when the body realises that the pregnancy is no more viable then only it starts its natural course of expulsion.and it may take some time for the body to recognise when the pregnancy hormones level start dropping.thats why if the bleeding hasnt started then the doc advises to go for DnC.
.aastha. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: _charu_

the confusion is that it may be silent/missed MC but she's experiencing one symptom of MC already i.e. cramps, so is it possible that bleeding doesn't occur? the pain is not a normal pain but like the one experienced by women during delivery...silent/missed MC mein, she should not have any pain/bleeding...the silent MC is discovered in Ultrasound only right? ...cramps means damage is already done, she lost the baby..body is already reacting to the MC n getting ready for the abortion ? in that case, bleeding should occur ðŸ˜•

there is no MC widout bleeding,,,,,bt ya wen it starts bleeding varies frm person to person,,,n 1 thing by wat reason the MC has occured it is never a complete abortion,,,,tat also in 1st trimester is jst a NO-NO,c can jst hav some bleedin n that is enough,,later DnC is a must,,,,,n abortion is revealed by ultrasound only,,ya bt the symptoms also plays a vital role,,,,the pain during this is not a normal bt nt that mch harder lyk the delivery types...
-Stutz- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
thanx for the info.. i got to noe a lot about mcs out here... i feel a little knowledgeable now... i was explainin mum this today wile yrkkh break!

its sad to noe that ppl out here have suffered from mcs... hearty sympathies to all of them...

i am not that knowledged to comment about how cramps and no bleeding is possible... but i wud lyk to point put to ull that its just a fictional show... cvs cabt take care of every minute detail... sumtimes they might goof up too... right? so... it can be their mistake... 
Mishka42 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
yes u r right she don't know when baby died but when she was at docter place for sure docter deliverd the baby by either any process and after that she must be followed by bleeding so she she should know.  because docter can not leave dead baby in uterus.
-Stutz- thumbnail
but isnt it possible... that if the baby is still too small.. they can give medicienes... u noe just to let it flow out wid the blood...

akshi is medicating...mayb these medicines wil start her blood flow.. and wid that only the newly formed developing embryo wil come out... just lyk the egg comes out during menstruals...
Edbelab thumbnail
thnx for the info. I don't knw much about the mc n bleeding,cramps n all that stuff but some months back my cousin had mc and she suffered serious abdominal pain so she had to be taken to the hosp...so I was bit confused about akshi's case but after reading all the posts regardin the topic my mind is bit clear. N please can any1 tell what is silent mc??
N ya i want to say that its a serial so they can't show everything in detail like bleedin n stuff..
-Stutz- thumbnail
silent mc is wen the embryo dies... but the uterine wall dusnt ruoture.. this is becoz it takes tym for the female hormones to decrease in conc.. so that the uterine wall ruptures... in this,... the woman.. who has miscarried... dusnt bleed... so.. she isnt aware of the fact of her miscarriage.. hope that helped!
Edbelab thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: stuti_naksh4eva

silent mc is wen the embryo dies... but the uterine wall dusnt ruoture.. this is becoz it takes tym for the female hormones to decrease in conc.. so that the uterine wall ruptures... in this,... the woman.. who has miscarried... dusnt bleed... so.. she isnt aware of the fact of her miscarriage.. hope that helped!

thank u very much stuti...so the silent mc thing hapnd to akshi too..
lotus8 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
During the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, diahhrea and cramping are signs of potential miscarriage to happen. Some women, like myself did not bleed until 10 weeks in two of my miscarriages, though the facts were found out by the doctor in the 8th week. Waited until ten weeks and then it was too much of an emotional trauma, also a fear of physical pain and trauma, so had the D&C. However, the doctor should be very straightforward to discuss this fact with Akshara in the presence of Naitik as there is no easy way. And the family should not be hiding this from Akshara for along time. A specific percentage of women tend to miscarry the first child  and that too in teh first 8-12 weeks of pregnancy. The good OB/GYNs would take a  sample of the fetus during D&C to determine the genetic mutations or cause of missed abortion. If found out, atleast the woman can be put on particular vitamins/minerals to get her ready for the conception.  Also, having the morning sickness/nausea is a sign of good pregnancy but then you never know.