an interesting article about age factor

rekha02 IF-Rockerz
rekha02
rekha02

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 1:55pm | IP Logged

For TV stars, age is just a number

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | May 11, 2011, 12.00am IST
Sanjeeda Shaikh More Pics
So you expect 25 year olds to play parents to the lead actors in prime time shows?

Well, all that's pass now. Some small screen stars have defied clichs and are even playing characters younger than they are in real life. Priya Wal, Vahbbiz Dorabjee and Sukirti Kandpal who are in their mid to late 20s are playing teenagers in Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani, Sanjeeda Shaikh, also in her late 20s is a collegian in Hi! Padosi...Kaun Hai Doshi, Vivan Bhatena, 30, is playing the role of a youngster in Sanskaar Laxmi, Shaheer Sheikh, 26, is the 19-year-old Anant in Navya, 30-year-old Giriraj Kabra and 26 year old Manasi Parekh Gohil are also playing younger characters in Hi! Padosi...Kaun Hai Doshi and Gulaal respectively. And the list goes on.

Actors seem to enjoy playing younger roles. "After doing three lead roles, I feel great. Earlier I was offered roles to play a character much older than what I am, but I rejected those roles. When I can carry myself well in younger roles, why should I go for older roles?" asks actor Sanjeeda Shaikh. Actor Vivan Bhatena feels, "Enacting a character poles apart from the person you actual are in real life is what defines 'acting' for me. But it's equally important to be able to do your screen role convincingly."

While some of their counterparts are playing older characters, how does it feel to be a part of the young bandwagon? Says Vivan, "Playing a younger character is a compliment to an actor. Doing justice to the character and impressing the audience are most important."

With so many fresh faces joining tellywood, what do these actors do to set themselves apart from the rest? "Even after four years in the industry, I am offered 'young' roles. Talking about the new faces, I haven't seen most of them after one show," says Sanjeeda.

Agrees Giriraj, "It feels wonderful to know that people still think that I look younger than my age. Even Aamir Khan played a collegian in 3 Idiots. To look young one should maintain oneself."

Creative director and producer Siddharth Tewary says, "Casting an actor depends on how convincing he/she would look as the character. In films if older actors can look convincing as a college student, why can't that happen in TV? Age is just a number." And as long as the TRPs are soaring, the audience isn't counting either!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

bhondu2010manoo.18anizortvmylovesami01shanti05

sami01 IF-Sizzlerz
sami01
sami01

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
aw so true if apu can look same age as parul,why cant he give such a boost to their pairing by his convincing acting and good chemistry...age doesn't matter...talent and looks matter..and how one carries oneself over...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anizorrekha02

rekha02 IF-Rockerz
rekha02
rekha02

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
Sammy reading this article makes me wish Apu play a younger character. I agree with the views expressed here, I look for the acting and performance.
I watched Chalo Delhi recently which had a most unlikely pair, they were both married to other people and from different worlds but I loved watching them together. I don't know the male actor's name but Lara looked good with him, infact I even looked for some romance element.LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

anizortvmylovesami01shanti05

tvmylove IF-Rockerz
tvmylove
tvmylove

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 5:24pm | IP Logged
the topic baught a smile on my face.. Smile apu is just awesome..
"Playing a
younger character is
a compliment to an
actor. Doing justice
to the character and
impressing the
audience are most
important."
yest it is a Anmol's character is a compliment to apu... No wonder. And i cant image a person to do the character of anmol exept apu. I am sure no one can do it. As my POV apu is best as anmol.and one more i have seen apu in 'pardeas' and now in bidaai he is geting handsome day by day Wink and i like him in JJKN... didn't watch JJKN... But now when ever i am free i use to watch it. awww...he is so sweet baby...

Edited by zee10 - 10 May 2011 at 5:37pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anizor

shanti05 IF-Stunnerz
shanti05
shanti05

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
Rekha very Apt Aprticle and this goes to all those who said Apurva and parul never matched eatch other in the characters as a couple for Anmol and Ragini
Apurva is groomed so well he can play remake of 3 idiots also seeing in the role of Rancho which Amir khan played and our Parul can play miss Kareena Kapoors role Wink

Apurva tho aaj kal looks younger than any of his role I see Armaan Suri and I see Apurva Agnihotri yaar yeah banda tho JJKN sequel kay liyte bhi Taiyaar hai !!Wink

So all said and done no matter what people say abt age Apurva is forever the most young good looking guy for whom age is no bar !!Wink.. Abhi He was made to look as Alkeh's younger brother aab  issay badkhar compliment aur kya !!

Also he matched Parul so well she herself was  happyu to work with him and they had a jolly good time ofscreen also as he broke record abt eating pizzas and doing no vrath for ragini Wink

So onscreen young looking banda age seriously doesn't matter and Apurva prove it  in his appearance in bidaaii !!!Thumbs Up

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rekha02tvmylove

bhondu2010 Goldie
bhondu2010
bhondu2010

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
Apu has grown younger by age
Age should never be a factor whne one acts of groomed well and Apurva proved it in Bidaai and his chemistry woth Parul rocked

So people will  know  now thorugh this article that age should'nt be a factpr when cvhemistry rocks between two individulas

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

tvmyloveWonderfullifeshanti05

sami01 IF-Sizzlerz
sami01
sami01

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
aww apu would rock re in a serious boss role...am drooling and dreaming fr apus come back ..jaldi se aaja re apu tu aa re jaldi se aa re..
beeete bhi jaayein barson yahaan hum tarsein tu jaldi se aare...
dheere se aake tu bol kuch halke se man ki muraliya ke sur pe...

jeevan ki bhaghiya ko phir se tu meri kar de rangeen jaldi aa re...

uda de tu duniya ke hosh bus halka sa chupke muskura ke ...apu tu aa re

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top