TOI: Jai punished for misbehaving - Page 23

Posted: 12 years ago
i became a hugeee fan of jai after seeing his performances in lil master...but soon after my liking ended after what he wrote bout jeetumoni's win in his fb status...thts how much behaviour matters

the most intelligent person can have the talent, but his/her attitude can decide the fate of the job...thts how much behaviour matters

sadly u dnt reach great heights with talent only in this industry & jai's learning it the hard way. What he did is undoubtedly very unprofessional if he actually accused shiamak like tht. He insulted a judge, & indirectly all 3 judges cuz he clearly knws shiamak cant take the decision to make jai ''lose'' himself...its a group decision by judges. So i will defend geeta in this, jai needed to be told off like this HIGH TIME.  
so many may not agree with me but Geeta ma expected Jai to have good behavior ..when she herself cursed at him!...as a master she should lead by example!!!!  n u know what Jai Kumar Nayar is just a superb Dancer nevertheless!!!!!!
i haven't seen this episode but i was just wondering that even though Jai misbehaved the fact remains that he is so popular. I dont see so many special threads being created as much as its made on Jais name and i think its just a step forward for Jai. No offense to anyone out there but i think Jai has made a secure place for himself either it is on a reality show or he being a choreographer. Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man's growth without destroying his roots.  This is what i can say to Jai at this point of time :

"Don't mind criticism. If it is untrue, disregard it; if unfair, keep from irritation; if it is ignorant, smile; if it is justified it is not criticism, learn from it.
Originally posted by jeshwini

i haven't seen this episode but i was just wondering that even though Jai misbehaved the fact remains that he is so popular. I dont see so many special threads being created as much as its made on Jais name and i think its just a step forward for Jai. No offense to anyone out there but i think Jai has made a secure place for himself either it is on a reality show or he being a choreographer. Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man's growth without destroying his roots.  This is what i can say to Jai at this point of time :

"Don't mind criticism. If it is untrue, disregard it; if unfair, keep from irritation; if it is ignorant, smile; if it is justified it is not criticism, learn from it.

i just LOVE your comment!!!...i totally agree with u yaar!!!!!  ðŸ˜‰..i am posting this on his FB page for encouragement from his fans ðŸ˜³ðŸ˜ƒ
Edited by shantz - 12 years ago
First of all, I dont get why Terence's name is being dragged into this?!! Jai didnt join Terence!! Where did the author gather this info from?? Jai came for DID1 audition, got selected, passed the mega audition, and then was assigned to be in Terence's toli by the show.. Didnt Mithunda do the assigning of dancers for each team in DID1? That's what I remember...

Originally posted by Armu4eva

Jai punished for misbehaving

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | May 11, 2011, 12.00am IST

Success is not easy to handle. Reality show find Jai Kumar Nair currently seen in Dance Ke Superstars, is struggling to keep himself rooted. 

He recently misbehaved with the judging trio of Geeta Kapur, Shiamak Davar and Remo D'souza, after being reprimanded for halting his performance mid-way. He claimed that the song played wasn't correct. A source tells us, "Jai and Kunwar Amarjeet were pitched against each other. And Jai was heard shouting to stop playing the track while Amar continued with his performance. 

This irked the judges who said that it was his fault and that he should check his song before he takes to the stage. Shiamak being Jai's teacher in real life, reminded him of the basic etiquette that a performer once on stage cannot stop midway come what may. It is believed that Jai apparently had a fallout with Shaimak after which he joined Terence and can also be a reason why the contestant didn't pay much heed to his mentor's advise. The three judges were flabbergasted at Jai's unprofessional behaviour. They still decided to give him a second chance and asked both the contestants to perform. At the end, Aman received full marks. But Jai's last comment turned out to be the final straw. 

As when Shaimak told him that he was terribly upset with his behaviour, the young lad replied 'Sir mujhe pata hai aap mujhe kam marks he doge. You want me to lose. Hara do mujhe. I'll quit the show.' After this the fury of the judges knew no bounds and an angry Geeta said, 'Even before we could give you a score, you passed such a nasty remark, making us feel like c******'. Jai couldn't do anything but cry in front of the judges. We contacted Remo who said, "All these kids get carried away with the success. What they don't know is that they will be remembered for their nature and behaviour. We penalised him by equaling the scores for both the teams." A lesson well taught.

-Diya-

IF-Rockerz

-Diya-

Direct Link Posted: 10 May 2011 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
I thought this was a dance show n not a behavior show? what is happning to the judges, are the judging the dance or behavior? n what can I say about Geeta...she is the one who is always involved in such drammaz...she does not evenknow how to behave herself, n she will learn Jai to behave??????
ofcourse Geeta want Jalwa (darmesh) 2 win, so this was expected from her...😡
If they really want a dance competition, THEN please junge on DANCE n NOT on behavior!!!!!! Because then will we get the true winner!!!!

I feel really sorry for Jai...

Hey  Diya,

Are you simply being blind or deaf ? Didn't you see how bad  That stupid Jay was behaving or didn't you hear him talk atrociously to the judges ? What's wrong with you !!! so contestants can have any kind of attitude is it ?
Just don't go oooh and AHhh for Jay's looks alone looks at his selfishness too..Didn't  he realized, what consequences the team will get because of his nonsense outburst ? So if he thinks he's the best dancer , why didn't he win the DID Season 1 !!! Shame on him, well sitting in Team Josh, and he is ridiculing his own team mates by saying, he'll quit and others are they to perform, what kind of cheapskate attitude is this? A winning dancer has to come in a complete package a great dancer, always willing to learn from mentor and perform as an invidual and a as a team member... That's what makes a winner and stay in people's heart. One should respect mentors and fellow contestant no matter what..because they are in the same platform, which is Media.
Originally posted by angeline76

-Diya-

IF-Rockerz

-Diya-

Direct Link Posted: 10 May 2011 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
I thought this was a dance show n not a behavior show? what is happning to the judges, are the judging the dance or behavior? n what can I say about Geeta...she is the one who is always involved in such drammaz...she does not evenknow how to behave herself, n she will learn Jai to behave??????
ofcourse Geeta want Jalwa (darmesh) 2 win, so this was expected from her...😡
If they really want a dance competition, THEN please junge on DANCE n NOT on behavior!!!!!! Because then will we get the true winner!!!!

I feel really sorry for Jai...

Hey  Diya,

Are you simply being blind or deaf ? Didn't you see how bad  That stupid Jay was behaving or didn't you hear him talk atrociously to the judges ? What's wrong with you !!! so contestants can have any kind of attitude is it ?
Just don't go oooh and AHhh for Jay's looks alone looks at his selfishness too..Didn't  he realized, what consequences the team will get because of his nonsense outburst ? So if he thinks he's the best dancer , why didn't he win the DID Season 1 !!! Shame on him, well sitting in Team Josh, and he is ridiculing his own team mates by saying, he'll quit and others are they to perform, what kind of cheapskate attitude is this? A winning dancer has to come in a complete package a great dancer, always willing to learn from mentor and perform as an invidual and a as a team member... That's what makes a winner and stay in people's heart. One should respect mentors and fellow contestant no matter what..because they are in the same platform, which is Media.

no need to be calling Diya blind or deaf!!!...
besides the "consequences" are short lived!!! considering the facts that there are links n articles out there stating JOSH WON the grand finale ! nevertheless...JAI is a great performer ..and geeta ma behaved as though what he did was wrong !!! hey i was a performer n it was the wrong song..i would stop it to especially when it is a competition!!!!!😡
I understand DKS is a dance show, but personality, integrity and respect go a long way, on shows, in your personal and professional lives.

I do believe Jai is a good dancer, but I also believe success inflated his ego. Dharmesh will always be my favorite example of talent and humility.

Anyway, my DVR did not record the entire episode so I do not know how everything went down. From what I did see, Jai was disrespectful, but so was Geeta. I don't think she handled herself with professionalism and patience. Remo and Shiamak both responded calmly with professionalism: they got their point across without yelling or scolding. Geeta may be Geeta 'Ma', but she needs to remember the contestants are not her children, and in her role as a judge, she cannot yell and scold like a mother.

As for Jai and other contestants, the judges may not be their parents, but they are their mentors and teachers. I firmly believe you must respect everyone, even if you don't like them.

The real problem is not the wrong song edit playing, the real problem is how Jai carried himself and reacted. I don't think Jai meant for everything to blow up the way it did, but that is exactly what happened. Jai's disrespect and actions hurt the other contestants and soured the entire show.

As for the dance portion of the incident, Jai danced well, but I think Amar was better.
Also, let this incident be a lesson for everyone (myself included)  talent, hard work and  success will ALWAYS be overshadowed by arrogance, ego and disrespect.

One must learn to respect others if one truly wants to succeed at anything in life.
About time Jai!!
 and it makes perfect sense why Terrence always kept him grounded in DID1.  Imagine if he'd won 😳 
Two gurus Shiamak and Terrence, now that says a lot!