Piya Ka Ghar Pyaara Lage

TOI: Age is just a number-Sanjeeda

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
>
So you expect 25 year olds to play parents to the lead actors in prime time shows? 

Well, all that's pass now. Some small screen stars have defied clichs and are even playing characters younger than they are in real life. Priya Wal, Vahbbiz Dorabjee and Sukirti Kandpal who are in their mid to late 20s are playing teenagers in Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani, Sanjeeda Shaikh, also in her late 20s is a collegian in Hi! Padosi...Kaun Hai Doshi, Vivan Bhatena, 30, is playing the role of a youngster in Sanskaar Laxmi, Shaheer Sheikh, 26, is the 19-year-old Anant in Navya, 30-year-old Giriraj Kabra and 26 year old Manasi Parekh Gohil are also playing younger characters in Hi! Padosi...Kaun Hai Doshi and Gulaal respectively. And the list goes on. 

Actors seem to enjoy playing younger roles. "After doing three lead roles, I feel great. Earlier I was offered roles to play a character much older than what I am, but I rejected those roles. When I can carry myself well in younger roles, why should I go for older roles?" asks actor Sanjeeda Shaikh. Actor Vivan Bhatena feels, "Enacting a character poles apart from the person you actual are in real life is what defines 'acting' for me. But it's equally important to be able to do your screen role convincingly." 

While some of their counterparts are playing older characters, how does it feel to be a part of the young bandwagon? Says Vivan, "Playing a younger character is a compliment to an actor. Doing justice to the character and impressing the audience are most important." 

With so many fresh faces joining tellywood, what do these actors do to set themselves apart from the rest? "Even after four years in the industry, I am offered 'young' roles. Talking about the new faces, I haven't seen most of them after one show," says Sanjeeda. 

Agrees Giriraj, "It feels wonderful to know that people still think that I look younger than my age. Even Aamir Khan played a collegian in 3 Idiots. To look young one should maintain oneself." 

Creative director and producer Siddharth Tewary says, "Casting an actor depends on how convincing he/she would look as the character. In films if older actors can look convincing as a college student, why can't that happen in TV? Age is just a number." And as long as the TRPs are soaring, the audience isn't counting either!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index