Gulaal

'Gulaal'-Kesar (10.05.11) (Page 3)

Neil-fan Senior Member
Neil-fan
Neil-fan

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Reemz*

Originally posted by MeySimi

Gulaal decides to marry a young lad to save him(Her sainthood at its peak). Thats what the elders have been crying out loud to her that when the young kid grows up, he will try to analyse and search for meanings of a marriage all by himself.

Kesar is a normal guy who is eventually falling in love with the woman in her though he has always loved her unconditionally. And like Neil-fan said, he is willing to accept her as it is... Gulaal+her unfading memories of Vasant.And after all this drama from her end, in spite of elders addressing the issue with her, it SHOULD NOT come as a shocker to her when she learns about his feelings for her.And definitely she has no right to slap him whatsoever. KESAR IS NOT INTO SAINTHOOD.

Imagine a 12 year ld, separated from family, living with the feeling that he is married and has a wife back home. Has anyone been there to tell him what he should or shouldn't expect out of this marriage. In a way it had been child marriage. Children and that too into their adolescence need parental support to come to terms with such realities.

I support the unique bond theory since its fiction. Im not against the age gap. Had they not been married by the custom and the young Kesar still had strong feelings for Gulaal, it is unique. Again, since it is a custom prevalent in that part of India, nothing wrong about the marriage as such and if the guy develops feelings and love for his wife. Even in societies which did not practice such customs this tradition came along. Example is when the widows of Kargil war were married off to the surviving brother in their families. So all is fair.

Without helping the child to address the unlawful marriage that he was subjected to as a child, he cannot be blamed or slapped without reasoning with him. Gulaal has no right to do that. He is already been manipulated as a child however good her intentions were. He was not advised at any time that he should not think about her in those terms. He will eventually be manipulated by forcing Talli on him and if he admits to his feelings he will be again blamed by Gulaal Matarani for having such promiscuous thoughts.

Gulaal seems to be worried to address the issue within her. The Imli scene is proof for her subdued feelings. Or else why will she save up the Imli he got. Had Talli done it, she will be termed childish not even being considerate towards her regarding her adolescent behavior. If Gulaal does it, its deep love. Now that is being biased.

Sainthood or not, she did it for both herself and Kesar. We're talking about a possible slap because the idea of if Kesar falling in love with her is beyond what she imagined. When she married him, she assured everyone that it will remain a pure relationship. Could she have ever thought that the child may end up falling in love with her later on in life? She had then made it clear to everyone including Kesar that she will find a wife for him which is why it would come as a shock. She genuinely isn't expecting anything to happen between them...!

I don't agree that Kesar was manipulated because the situation required the deeyarvatu to happen and even Kesar was desperate for her stay. Manipulation is usually intentional but that wasn't the case from Gulaal's POV. She's raised her hand on him before because of the right she asserts over him, that's always been a part of their relationship. I'm not condoning violence on a child here btw before anyone jumps on me, lol but they've always felt that they have a right on each other.

@ Reemz can you tell me in what episode Gulaal told Kesar that when he grows up she will get a wife for him after the Deeyarvattu. I dont remeber seeing this, yes she has constatntly told Talli and the rest of the world. I am not against the Deeyarvattu at all, Gulaal did what she had to do at that time.
But even as a child Kesar has always shown (after Deeyarvattu) his posessiveness over Gulaal. For eg the Holi incident, the gambling to buy her bangles etc. Gulaal should already have an inkling of this considering she is much more older and mature to Kesar. She should realize that in these 10 long years Kesar has grown up thinking her as his wife. Why is always have to be from Gulaal's POV, I am hoping the CV"s will make her think from Kesar's POC for a change.. If Kesar pours out his heart feelings in front of her, I would rather see her break down and cry for what all has happened between them

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

poppinss*Reemz*

Lennie IF-Stunnerz
Lennie
Lennie

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
Gulaal tells everyone at the deeyarvatu, she herself will find a wife for Kesar when he is older - everyone was listening

Kesar hasnt thought of her as wife as such (esp now), just Gulaal - the Gulaal he knows, the Gulaal that is his world - the marriage is not even in that league to even think, the bond they share of Gul-Kes is what stands out and is beyond marriage

Edited by Lennie - 10 May 2011 at 12:22pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

*Reemz*

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Neil-fan

Gulaal decides to marry a young lad to save him(Her sainthood at its peak). Thats what the elders have been crying out loud to her that when the young kid grows up, he will try to analyse and search for meanings of a marriage all by himself.

Kesar is a normal guy who is eventually falling in love with the woman in her though he has always loved her unconditionally. And like Neil-fan said, he is willing to accept her as it is... Gulaal+her unfading memories of Vasant.And after all this drama from her end, in spite of elders addressing the issue with her, it SHOULD NOT come as a shocker to her when she learns about his feelings for her.And definitely she has no right to slap him whatsoever. KESAR IS NOT INTO SAINTHOOD.

Imagine a 12 year ld, separated from family, living with the feeling that he is married and has a wife back home. Has anyone been there to tell him what he should or shouldn't expect out of this marriage. In a way it had been child marriage. Children and that too into their adolescence need parental support to come to terms with such realities.

I support the unique bond theory since its fiction. Im not against the age gap. Had they not been married by the custom and the young Kesar still had strong feelings for Gulaal, it is unique. Again, since it is a custom prevalent in that part of India, nothing wrong about the marriage as such and if the guy develops feelings and love for his wife. Even in societies which did not practice such customs this tradition came along. Example is when the widows of Kargil war were married off to the surviving brother in their families. So all is fair.

Without helping the child to address the unlawful marriage that he was subjected to as a child, he cannot be blamed or slapped without reasoning with him. Gulaal has no right to do that. He is already been manipulated as a child however good her intentions were. He was not advised at any time that he should not think about her in those terms. He will eventually be manipulated by forcing Talli on him and if he admits to his feelings he will be again blamed by Gulaal Matarani for having such promiscuous thoughts.

Gulaal seems to be worried to address the issue within her. The Imli scene is proof for her subdued feelings. Or else why will she save up the Imli he got. Had Talli done it, she will be termed childish not even being considerate towards her regarding her adolescent behavior. If Gulaal does it, its deep love. Now that is being biased.

Sainthood or not, she did it for both herself and Kesar. We're talking about a possible slap because the idea of if Kesar falling in love with her is beyond what she imagined. When she married him, she assured everyone that it will remain a pure relationship. Could she have ever thought that the child may end up falling in love with her later on in life? She had then made it clear to everyone including Kesar that she will find a wife for him which is why it would come as a shock. She genuinely isn't expecting anything to happen between them...!

I don't agree that Kesar was manipulated because the situation required the deeyarvatu to happen and even Kesar was desperate for her stay. Manipulation is usually intentional but that wasn't the case from Gulaal's POV. She's raised her hand on him before because of the right she asserts over him, that's always been a part of their relationship. I'm not condoning violence on a child here btw before anyone jumps on me, lol but they've always felt that they have a right on each other.

@ Reemz can you tell me in what episode Gulaal told Kesar that when he grows up she will get a wife for him after the Deeyarvattu. I dont remeber seeing this, yes she has constatntly told Talli and the rest of the world. I am not against the Deeyarvattu at all, Gulaal did what she had to do at that time.
But even as a child Kesar has always shown (after Deeyarvattu) his posessiveness over Gulaal. For eg the Holi incident, the gambling to buy her bangles etc. Gulaal should already have an inkling of this considering she is much more older and mature to Kesar. She should realize that in these 10 long years Kesar has grown up thinking her as his wife. Why is always have to be from Gulaal's POV, I am hoping the CV"s will make her think from Kesar's POC for a change.. If Kesar pours out his heart feelings in front of her, I would rather see her break down and cry for what all has happened between them

Here, hopefully this scene will answer everything. I think its towards the end of the scene where she says that she will find someone for Kesar.

CVs have shown Kesar's POV too na? But its going to take time for Gulaal to understand because she married him when he was a child and because of the age gap, she doesn't expect anything to happen between them. 

She will break down too. There is a lot to come from Gulaal's side yet but if we expect her to understand everything now then the story is over right? They need to build this love story with great care. Everything takes its time. For now its all about Kesar's budding feelings towards Gulaal and yes she will be harsh to him here and there but I think thats how intense love stories work. There is a lot of hurt and pain but it works wonders for the storyline!

Edited by *Reemz* - 10 May 2011 at 12:26pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

poppinssLennie

Lennie IF-Stunnerz
Lennie
Lennie

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
I agree on the break-down that has to come, coz the way she has been living and so on and what Talli said about her last week or so, that Gulaal doesnt even have a support of her ownself, she is slipping away and no real happiness embedded in her and so on and also like what Gulaal said to Kesar, how she has kept herself bandhi huyi after so many years after how she was in wait for him to return and so on, and how she hides her tears and so on

Breakdown will come, and her side as well - so much Gulaal has held in

*Reemz*

Neil-fan Senior Member
Neil-fan
Neil-fan

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:45pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Neil-fan

Here, hopefully this scene will answer everything. I think its towards the end of the scene where she says that she will find someone for Kesar.

CVs have shown Kesar's POV too na? But its going to take time for Gulaal to understand because she married him when he was a child and because of the age gap, she doesn't expect anything to happen between them. 

She will break down too. There is a lot to come from Gulaal's side yet but if we expect her to understand everything now then the story is over right? They need to build this love story with great care. Everything takes its time. For now its all about Kesar's budding feelings towards Gulaal and yes she will be harsh to him here and there but I think thats how intense love stories work. There is a lot of hurt and pain but it works wonders for the storyline!

@ Reemz thanks for the link, oh no I am aslo in no rush for Gulaal to develop feelings overnight for Kesar. I was only trying to justify about the slap here that all of you are assuming will happen. I would rather see it as a final breakdown of Gulaal after all her bottled up emotions of all these years. Cv's are showing Kesar's POV no doubt...but I just not in favor of the Vasantization of Kesar(excuse me but if that is a termLOL). If Gulaal needs to look at Kesar in such a  way, its because he is Kesar and not because he has become Vasant.

For now its all about Kesar's budding feelings towards Gulaal and yes she will be harsh to him here and there but I think thats how intense love stories work.

So I guess when Kesar was alternating between being rude and sensitive to Gulaal when he returned form boarding we could justify it saying that is how intense love stories work. Well now there is no case for worry at all...I can see Kesar well  on his way to becoming Vasant just as Motaba, Gulaal would want it. Yup even I am waiting to see how this story moves forward.Big smile

_Avatarana_

_Avatarana_ IF-Dazzler
_Avatarana_
_Avatarana_

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
Gulaal does declare the rishta will be pure and that she will find her devrani. She had a check on her emotions way back then.
But as mentioned, in an incident, the child questions her if she would also cry like Sudha Babhi if he finds a dulhan for himself. During Holi, a drunk/laced Kesar says Gulaal meri patni hai. Durng the wedding of his sister Rewa, he declares that he is "shaadi-shuda" and Gulaal is his wife and they also perform the Paad Puja ceremony as a couple.
Now at such an impressionable age, Kesar was happy with the idea of "being married" because he was happy to have Gulaal around.
All these declarations from Kesar has happened in front of Gulaal. Cant expect the child to live on "once heard, then forgotten" comment about another wife for himself in future. Because he was convinced and happy with the thought of being married to Gulaal. That was what Kesar was cribbing about since when Vasant's marriage was fixed with Gulaal that he has flicked the girl he had chosen as his bride.
Motabha had warned her about the feelings of the chld when he grows up.

Edited by MeySimi - 10 May 2011 at 12:52pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Neil-fansharneil92poppinssIncenseLennie*Reemz*

_Avatarana_ IF-Dazzler
_Avatarana_
_Avatarana_

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
If ever Gulaal has to love Kesar, she should love him as he is. She should not accept him when he turns into a clone of Vasntish behavior. She should not love Kesar with the belief that "Vasant ki aatma usme basti hai". Sorry that would not help in the real marriage terms. Its a delicate issue. And that would be unfair to Kesar though he seems to be willing to accept her with her memories of Vasant intact

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sharneil92poppinssIncense*Reemz*

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
o I guess when Kesar was alternating between being rude and sensitive to Gulaal when he returned form boarding we could justify it saying that is how intense love stories work. Well now there is no case for worry at all...I can see Kesar well  on his way to becoming Vasant just as Motaba, Gulaal would want it. Yup even I am waiting to see how this story moves forward.Big smile

That's how I see it anyway. His anger made their relationship very intense since he returned. Did I like his rudeness towards Gulaal?To be honest, I don't want him to become like Vasant :P I like him the passionate self he is :P

reemg

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Gulaal Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index