Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Gulaal decides to marry a young lad to save him(Her sainthood at its peak). Thats what the elders have been crying out loud to her that when the young kid grows up, he will try to analyse and search for meanings of a marriage all by himself.

Kesar is a normal guy who is eventually falling in love with the woman in her though he has always loved her unconditionally. And like Neil-fan said, he is willing to accept her as it is... Gulaal+her unfading memories of Vasant.And after all this drama from her end, in spite of elders addressing the issue with her, it SHOULD NOT come as a shocker to her when she learns about his feelings for her.And definitely she has no right to slap him whatsoever. KESAR IS NOT INTO SAINTHOOD.

Imagine a 12 year ld, separated from family, living with the feeling that he is married and has a wife back home. Has anyone been there to tell him what he should or shouldn't expect out of this marriage. In a way it had been child marriage. Children and that too into their adolescence need parental support to come to terms with such realities.

I support the unique bond theory since its fiction. Im not against the age gap. Had they not been married by the custom and the young Kesar still had strong feelings for Gulaal, it is unique. Again, since it is a custom prevalent in that part of India, nothing wrong about the marriage as such and if the guy develops feelings and love for his wife. Even in societies which did not practice such customs this tradition came along. Example is when the widows of Kargil war were married off to the surviving brother in their families. So all is fair.

Without helping the child to address the unlawful marriage that he was subjected to as a child, he cannot be blamed or slapped without reasoning with him. Gulaal has no right to do that. He is already been manipulated as a child however good her intentions were. He was not advised at any time that he should not think about her in those terms. He will eventually be manipulated by forcing Talli on him and if he admits to his feelings he will be again blamed by Gulaal Matarani for having such promiscuous thoughts.

Gulaal seems to be worried to address the issue within her. The Imli scene is proof for her subdued feelings. Or else why will she save up the Imli he got. Had Talli done it, she will be termed childish not even being considerate towards her regarding her adolescent behavior. If Gulaal does it, its deep love. Now that is being biased.
reemg thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Lennie

The maha-episode opened up for about his feelings and his desires (in a pure love way) and thats what we are seeing in the following episodes and so on

Gulaal did seem distant with him, but then again that was due to yesterday and the little confrontation they had isnt it and then he totally makes her melt in the unveiling ceremony, and respect and love he gave Gulaal was great

Yep a slap will come, definately and i do think thats natural reaction with a angry look on her face from Gulaal and how dare you look...  also its hard to see how and when Gulaal will ever feel for him, as they the extra care in her feelings and transition has to set in, its hard to see but i dont think its impossible as well

Only way Kesar will somehow know the meaning of what he does and why he does for her in a more fierce way is when someone asks him why he does what he does... and what reaction will Kesar have and it will be something along the line of what happened yesterday when Talli asked him THAT question and we saw THAT reaction and his expression from him

Bottomline i say is - Can they both really live without one another...

hmm maybe i'm not too sure about the slap guys. I don't think Kesar will understand his feelings and whats he feelings UNTIL THE FAMILY ACTUALLY try to get him married to Talli and seperate him from Gulaal, and even Gulaal will realise the same that she can't live without Kesar. At the moment i just think Gulaal's confused because Kesar was angry with her for 10 years and she still does not know why and all of a sudden he's showing affection ( if someone did that to me i would be confused as hell) lol.

But i really want Gulaal to realise that there are some feelings for Kesar, she always said that she sees Vasant in Kesar's eyes so why not in this way of love? What's so wrong about that?  I don't think a slap will come i think the CV's will slowly let the flow in with Gulaal and Kesar's feelings.

I really hope Gulaal will not reject Kesar i really want them to be togetherr!! i might cry if they don't LOL.
what do you guys think, what will happen? Do you think Gulaal has feelings for Kesar somewhere?  AHH im so hooked up on this show LOL 🤣

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I said a slap coz Gulaal's natural reaction would be that - the shock of it and also the fact that she slapped when he was child for the things he use to do and so on, thats why i said slap not just for the sake of it or he deserves it , but the emotions of it pouring out and so on Edited by Lennie - 12 years ago
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: MeySimi

Gulaal decides to marry a young lad to save him(Her sainthood at its peak). Thats what the elders have been crying out loud to her that when the young kid grows up, he will try to analyse and search for meanings of a marriage all by himself.

Kesar is a normal guy who is eventually falling in love with the woman in her though he has always loved her unconditionally. And like Neil-fan said, he is willing to accept her as it is... Gulaal+her unfading memories of Vasant.And after all this drama from her end, in spite of elders addressing the issue with her, it SHOULD NOT come as a shocker to her when she learns about his feelings for her.And definitely she has no right to slap him whatsoever. KESAR IS NOT INTO SAINTHOOD.

Imagine a 12 year ld, separated from family, living with the feeling that he is married and has a wife back home. Has anyone been there to tell him what he should or shouldn't expect out of this marriage. In a way it had been child marriage. Children and that too into their adolescence need parental support to come to terms with such realities.

I support the unique bond theory since its fiction. Im not against the age gap. Had they not been married by the custom and the young Kesar still had strong feelings for Gulaal, it is unique. Again, since it is a custom prevalent in that part of India, nothing wrong about the marriage as such and if the guy develops feelings and love for his wife. Even in societies which did not practice such customs this tradition came along. Example is when the widows of Kargil war were married off to the surviving brother in their families. So all is fair.

Without helping the child to address the unlawful marriage that he was subjected to as a child, he cannot be blamed or slapped without reasoning with him. Gulaal has no right to do that. He is already been manipulated as a child however good her intentions were. He was not advised at any time that he should not think about her in those terms. He will eventually be manipulated by forcing Talli on him and if he admits to his feelings he will be again blamed by Gulaal Matarani for having such promiscuous thoughts.

Gulaal seems to be worried to address the issue within her. The Imli scene is proof for her subdued feelings. Or else why will she save up the Imli he got. Had Talli done it, she will be termed childish not even being considerate towards her regarding her adolescent behavior. If Gulaal does it, its deep love. Now that is being biased.

Sainthood or not, she did it for both herself and Kesar. We're talking about a possible slap because the idea of if Kesar falling in love with her is beyond what she imagined. When she married him, she assured everyone that it will remain a pure relationship. Could she have ever thought that the child may end up falling in love with her later on in life? She had then made it clear to everyone including Kesar that she will find a wife for him which is why it would come as a shock. She genuinely isn't expecting anything to happen between them...! If we can understand why Kesar's anger forced him to manhandle Gulaal at one point, why can't we empathise with the possibility that she may raise her hand out of sheer shock? Lennie and I had discussed this before and we were thinking more on the lines of the scene from Mohabbatein between Jimmy-Preeti's character.

I don't agree that Kesar was manipulated because the situation required the deeyarvatu to happen and even Kesar was desperate for her to stay. Manipulation is usually intentional but that wasn't the case from Gulaal's POV. She's raised her hand on him before because of the right she asserts over him, that's always been a part of their relationship. I'm not condoning violence on a child here btw before anyone jumps on me, lol but they've always felt that they have a right on each other.
Edited by *Reemz* - 12 years ago
reemg thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Lennie

I said a slap coz Gulaal's natural reaction would be that - the shock of it and also the fact that she slapped when he was child for the things he use to do and so on, thats why i said slap not just for the sake of it or he deserves it , but the emotions of it pouring out and so on

Yeah sorry, i didn't mean to sound rude, i was just thinking lool sorry if i offended you xx😳
Lennie thumbnail

Originally posted by: reemg

Yeah sorry, i didn't mean to sound rude, i was just thinking lool sorry if i offended you xx😳

You werent, its just i thought ppl got the wrong idea what i meant by a slap in sense for Kes-Gul
Neil-fan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Reemz*

Sainthood or not, she did it for both herself and Kesar. We're talking about a possible slap because the idea of if Kesar falling in love with her is beyond what she imagined. When she married him, she assured everyone that it will remain a pure relationship. Could she have ever thought that the child may end up falling in love with her later on in life? She had then made it clear to everyone including Kesar that she will find a wife for him which is why it would come as a shock. She genuinely isn't expecting anything to happen between them...!

I don't agree that Kesar was manipulated because the situation required the deeyarvatu to happen and even Kesar was desperate for her stay. Manipulation is usually intentional but that wasn't the case from Gulaal's POV. She's raised her hand on him before because of the right she asserts over him, that's always been a part of their relationship. I'm not condoning violence on a child here btw before anyone jumps on me, lol but they've always felt that they have a right on each other.

@ Reemz can you tell me in what episode Gulaal told Kesar that when he grows up she will get a wife for him after the Deeyarvattu. I dont remeber seeing this, yes she has constatntly told Talli and the rest of the world. I am not against the Deeyarvattu at all, Gulaal did what she had to do at that time.
But even as a child Kesar has always shown (after Deeyarvattu) his posessiveness over Gulaal. For eg the Holi incident, the gambling to buy her bangles etc. Gulaal should already have an inkling of this considering she is much more older and mature to Kesar. She should realize that in these 10 long years Kesar has grown up thinking her as his wife. Why is always have to be from Gulaal's POV, I am hoping the CV"s will make her think from Kesar's POC for a change.. If Kesar pours out his heart feelings in front of her, I would rather see her break down and cry for what all has happened between them
Lennie thumbnail
Gulaal tells everyone at the deeyarvatu, she herself will find a wife for Kesar when he is older - everyone was listening

Kesar hasnt thought of her as wife as such (esp now), just Gulaal - the Gulaal he knows, the Gulaal that is his world - the marriage is not even in that league to even think, the bond they share of Gul-Kes is what stands out and is beyond marriage
Edited by Lennie - 12 years ago
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Neil-fan

@ Reemz can you tell me in what episode Gulaal told Kesar that when he grows up she will get a wife for him after the Deeyarvattu. I dont remeber seeing this, yes she has constatntly told Talli and the rest of the world. I am not against the Deeyarvattu at all, Gulaal did what she had to do at that time.
But even as a child Kesar has always shown (after Deeyarvattu) his posessiveness over Gulaal. For eg the Holi incident, the gambling to buy her bangles etc. Gulaal should already have an inkling of this considering she is much more older and mature to Kesar. She should realize that in these 10 long years Kesar has grown up thinking her as his wife. Why is always have to be from Gulaal's POV, I am hoping the CV"s will make her think from Kesar's POC for a change.. If Kesar pours out his heart feelings in front of her, I would rather see her break down and cry for what all has happened between them

Here, hopefully this scene will answer everything. I think its towards the end of the scene where she says that she will find someone for Kesar.

CVs have shown Kesar's POV too na? But its going to take time for Gulaal to understand because she married him when he was a child and because of the age gap, she doesn't expect anything to happen between them. 

She will break down too. There is a lot to come from Gulaal's side yet but if we expect her to understand everything now then the story is over right? They need to build this love story with great care. Everything takes its time. For now its all about Kesar's budding feelings towards Gulaal and yes she will be harsh to him here and there but I think thats how intense love stories work. There is a lot of hurt and pain but it works wonders for the storyline!
Edited by *Reemz* - 12 years ago
Lennie thumbnail
I agree on the break-down that has to come, coz the way she has been living and so on and what Talli said about her last week or so, that Gulaal doesnt even have a support of her ownself, she is slipping away and no real happiness embedded in her and so on and also like what Gulaal said to Kesar, how she has kept herself bandhi huyi after so many years after how she was in wait for him to return and so on, and how she hides her tears and so on

Breakdown will come, and her side as well - so much Gulaal has held in