Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai
Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

MC :( ho gaya (Page 3)

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _charu_

this is pure BS ! Dead itna absurd kuch nahi ho sakta...CVs should have done some research before showing this absurdity ! if they can do this amount of research on how pregnant ladies walk then this must be cakewalk Dead seriously, negative points to them tdy..God know what they r aiming at ! in 15 days , news of pregnancy, and MC ! Incase of accidental MC or abortion, KAISE bhi if the baby is lost, then the mother is the first one to know bec. MC or abortion is followed by heavy bleeding and acute unbearable pain ! BTW when r they planning to tell Akshara? when she will ask them "mera tummy nahi dikh raha" Angry

sorry i have not seen the episode... i am only a silent reader of this forum...and i might be wrong in certain aspects as i am commenting without watching the episode yet...
but your point here is slightly mistaken,

it is possible for a mother to miscarry and not know about it - it is called a silent miscarriage where the mother does not know...it will only come up in blood tests or scan reports (it is not very uncommon either)

here is a write up i picked up from babycenter - 

A missed or silent miscarriage can happen to anyone. After conception, a fertilised egg (ovum) implants in your uterus (womb), but, sadly, something goes wrong and the pregnancy fails. It might be that the baby doesn't develop at all and the pregnancy sac is empty, called a blighted ovum, or the baby might have begun to develop, but then failed to progress. 

It's called a missed miscarriage, because you don't realise anything has gone wrong. You may not have had any of the usual signs of miscarriage, such as pain or bleeding. Your body may still be giving you signals that you are pregnant, although if your hormone levels are falling, those signs may lessen slightly.

hence, it is important to keep up with all the early days doctor appointments to make sure everything is fine.. 

Edited by lashy - 10 May 2011 at 12:22pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

veil_of_rosessaru.g_charu_--Nishita--

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gargi.

@charu symptoms may start late or some pt dont have at all...
abt MC well if baby dies inside... expulsion of fetus may occurs 1-2 days latter...
bt usually if tht happened doctor has to give medication/ curratage  to remove fetus...as it cud lead to sepsisOuch also other complication...

m confused how come she doesnt know...ppl freak out if they have a drop of blood n here she doesnt know at allStern Smile

d & c will be carried out IF and when the doc/patient come to know about it.. hence,it will have to be carried out henceforth...

as for the points discussed above where the doc has to tell the patient everything.. i think that is purely just the drama aspect of it..

well atleast without showing the usual falling off the steps, stress, being trampled upon in a stampede etc etc method of miscarriage.. they went through a very very un-dramatic route.. a SILENT MISCARRIAGE... where the mother does not know 

How does a missed miscarriage happen? 

It usually happens because something went wrong in early pregnancy with the way the baby was developing. It may be that the baby had the wrong number of chromosomes. At the moment of conception, when the sperm meets the egg, 23 chromosomes from each parent should meet to make 46 in total. 

Sometimes mistakes happen and the baby has too many or too few chromosomes, or a piece of a chromosome is missing or duplicated. This means the genetic material carried on the chromosomes is wrong, and so the baby develops abnormally. 

In a missed miscarriage, either the embryo doesn't develop or it doesn't get very far, and the heartbeat stops when it measures only a few millimeters. Very occasionally, it happens later, perhaps at eight or 10 weeks, or even further on. 

In later pregnancy, missed miscarriages may be due to an infection such as parvovirus or rubella. If this is suspected, you will be offered a blood test called Torch (short for toxoplasmosis, rubella, cytomegalovirus, herpes simplex) to look for infections. 

If during your ultrasound the person performing the scan (sonographer) thinks you may have suffered a missed miscarriage, a second sonographer will usually be asked to confirm the findings. 
--Nishita-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Nishita--
--Nishita--

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by FLGators

Haven't seen the episode yet but I read some of the discussion & was wondering myself. So I asked my go to guy, googleEmbarrassed

Yes, it is possible just like the locker room incident they found something possibly rare. Akshara ko rulane ka ek aur tareeqaConfused

• It is called a Missed Miscarriage or silent miscarriage Women can experience a miscarriage without knowing it. A missed miscarriage is when embryonic death has occurred but there is not any expulsion of the embryo. It is not known why this occurs. Signs of this would be a loss of pregnancy symptoms and the absence of fetal heart tones found on an ultrasound.
  • Miscarriages rarely begin the instant the baby has passed away, but rather the hormone levels first have to drop before the mother's body will recognize the pregnancy as no longer viable and begin the process of shedding the uterine lining. This can take a few days or weeks, which is why ultrasounds performed after early pregnancy bleeding will often show that the baby passed one to two weeks before the actual onset of the bleeding. But if an ultrasound is performed for some other reason, such as a routine check for a heartbeat, it is possible for the ultrasound to detect that the baby has miscarried before the mother has begun to have any miscarriage symptoms and she may even still feel pregnant.
  • Sometimes the first clue of a missed miscarriage is that the baby's heartbeat fails to become audible on a fetal heart rate monitor by 12 weeks of gestation.
  • If bleeding has not yet started, a natural miscarriage, (a.k.a. a miscarriage without intervention) might take days or weeks to begin. Many women with this diagnosis opt for a D & C in order to have the ordeal over with as quickly as possible.
Statistically about 25% have a miscarriage and 1% of those have a silent miscarriage. Dimri found a good specimen in Akshara...D'oh

Thanx for the info...iska matlab hai ki dimri ne actually research kiya hai?Shocked Shocked
--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Nishita--

Haven't seen the episode yet but I read some of the discussion & was wondering myself. So I asked my go to guy, googleEmbarrassed

Yes, it is possible just like the locker room incident they found something possibly rare. Akshara ko rulane ka ek aur tareeqaConfused

• It is called a Missed Miscarriage or silent miscarriage Women can experience a miscarriage without knowing it. A missed miscarriage is when embryonic death has occurred but there is not any expulsion of the embryo. It is not known why this occurs. Signs of this would be a loss of pregnancy symptoms and the absence of fetal heart tones found on an ultrasound.
  • Miscarriages rarely begin the instant the baby has passed away, but rather the hormone levels first have to drop before the mother's body will recognize the pregnancy as no longer viable and begin the process of shedding the uterine lining. This can take a few days or weeks, which is why ultrasounds performed after early pregnancy bleeding will often show that the baby passed one to two weeks before the actual onset of the bleeding. But if an ultrasound is performed for some other reason, such as a routine check for a heartbeat, it is possible for the ultrasound to detect that the baby has miscarried before the mother has begun to have any miscarriage symptoms and she may even still feel pregnant.
  • Sometimes the first clue of a missed miscarriage is that the baby's heartbeat fails to become audible on a fetal heart rate monitor by 12 weeks of gestation.
  • If bleeding has not yet started, a natural miscarriage, (a.k.a. a miscarriage without intervention) might take days or weeks to begin. Many women with this diagnosis opt for a D & C in order to have the ordeal over with as quickly as possible.
Statistically about 25% have a miscarriage and 1% of those have a silent miscarriage. Dimri found a good specimen in Akshara...D'oh

Thanx for the info...iska matlab hai ki dimri ne actually research kiya hai?Shocked Shocked

1% of 25% have this. Miscarriage is most common in more mature women( in their 30's-40's). This is just like the locker room incident, possible but not so common. They know how to ruin a good storyOuch

Edited by FLGators - 10 May 2011 at 12:31pm
saman.17 IF-Rockerz
saman.17
saman.17

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:32pm | IP Logged

haa hame dukh denewaali track me bahut research karke dikhate hai yeh log...Ouch
lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
hey its not as rare as you think.. dont go purely by statistics... (maybe cos i know of two, who had themOuch
miscarriage might be more prevalent in mature women, but it is not uncommon at any age (even the most fertile which is 24)

anyway, after a silent miscarriage.. a mother still has as many chances to become pregnant again with healthy babies... Smile... so lets have hopes high

just think of it as nature's beautiful procedure where it follows the rule 'fittest to survive' and eliminates anything it thinks of 'lesser than normal' to make way for a more balanced environment/populace... Smile

Edited by lashy - 10 May 2011 at 12:34pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

saru.g

saman.17 IF-Rockerz
saman.17
saman.17

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:34pm | IP Logged

woh toh hai hi carodo me ek na...LOL
--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by saman.17

haa hame dukh denewaali track me bahut research karke dikhate hai yeh log...Ouch

One after the other, dukh bhara track... dekha nahi abhi takConfused can you beleive it? Normally I rush to watch it but today I came home early but still haven't watched itShocked

Go to top