Poll

Agree

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Mrunal_Patel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Too much recap

When the show starts you already recap full story of yesterday's episode. And still during the episode If something happens to Mr.X then he explains the same thing to 5 different society members (quick recap shown with music) e.g.
  1. Sodhi's party recapped twice within story when they tell it to Jethalal + Dr.Haathi.
  2. Jethalal himself recapped the pickpocket story to almost 5 characters.

I wouldn't mind if this was a one hour show, but it is hardly 15 minutes' show. Rest time is spent in advertizements+ precaps before advertizement + Tarak Mehta's lecture in the end + precap for the next day.
So every second, every minute is precious for us.

besides you only plant one little story seed everyday! It feels like going to marriage reception and before you finish the soup, catering-walla runs away! Before I start feeling cozy in the sofa, the show is finished.

Too much EMO-scene

Recently they've added too much emotional padding in the show.
e.g. during Jayantilal's missing photo, they almost spend 10 minutes just showing how 'great' Jetha's grandfather was and that he sacrificed his whole life in raising Champaklal.

What could have been summed up in a single dialogue was dragged for 10 minutes.

There are many similar emo-scenes in recent episodes eating away anything from 5 to 15 minutes.

@Director,
When you find the audience is fed up with one thing, you come up with new time-padding mechanism, now Babita-ji flirting and Tappu's mischief is reduced but recapping and emo-drama has increased.

please have some mercy
on our already stressed life. Less recap, less emo-drama and more fast moving story please. 😭

Yours sincerely,
Just another fan of TMKOC.

Edited by Mrunal_Patel - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Riyaa147 thumbnail
I agree with you. I don't like how there is like 5 minutes of recap and precap is hardly shown now days.

Emotional scenes are shown too much now days and comedy is lowered. This show is about laughing but i dont like when they show too much emotional scenes.

I hope they lower the recap and show more of the actual episode!
-Vrinda- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
emotioal scenas have become more nowadys and comedy less
recap so,,,,,,,,,,,long
rakeshkumar7614 thumbnail
its comedy plus social serial so its ok if emotinal scens are more

Quantico thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I agree pre-cap, re-cap, and back story has increased this days. I think writters is running out of story lines and charchaters absence has made writers to fill the space with emotion and re-cap. due to summer vacation, madhavi, tarak, anjali, babitaji , even jetha and daya gets less screen space now days :-).

gautam1280 thumbnail
They starte TMKOC as commedy serial for public, but now it is for the sponsor. 

They should understand if public will get Fed Up   the sponsor will also go away.

No one will support the serial.

The ball is in Director's basket now he has to think, want public to get up Fed Up.

Or reduce some Sponsor.
TheUltimate thumbnail
For some reason, I am one of those fortunate ones who has the freedom of not watching a show if I do not like the show.
Since so far I have not noticed any major changes in the core concept of the show, I will keep watching it. Nothing personal, but I like the show. Sorry.
Mrunal_Patel thumbnail
Now this mango track is moving very slowly.
Whole episode just passed off in showing Bhide visiting each and every member of society to take orders.
In yesterday's episode only two things happened:
1. Bhide vs Tappu sena vs Popat fight.
2. Bhide's uncle playing joke
Rest was only filler stuff.
They should move the story little faster. I find nothing funny in seeing Bhide and Tappu sena decorating the mandap for 5 minutes with background music.
gautam1280 thumbnail
no one is now watch this bakwas serial.

Please ignore it.