Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Invasion of Privacy? Ref: Pg 18 (Page 8)

monar IF-Sizzlerz
monar
monar

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 5:46am | IP Logged
Kezia, huh no no more conspiracies to handle... LOL US/Osama created loads lately. And now OBL Jr. is condemning the act. ok.. I better should stop reading about them anymore sigh!

I second u, paparazzi needs to give some space to celebs, but there is hidden truth, these celebs fill the spaces in their columns for which paparazzi runs endlessly, lately competition raised the bar. you should watch Peepli Live, if you haven't already. It shows how media works n invades our lives.

Journalism is lost somewhere, now its all about, who gets the most masaledar news. its nothing more than a rat race...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MagixX

MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 5:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by monar

Kezia, huh no no more conspiracies to handle... LOL US/Osama created loads lately. And now OBL Jr. is condemning the act. ok.. I better should stop reading about them anymore sigh!

I second u, paparazzi needs to give some space to celebs, but there is hidden truth, these celebs fill the spaces in their columns for which paparazzi runs endlessly, lately competition raised the bar. you should watch Peepli Live, if you haven't already. It shows how media works n invades our lives.

Journalism is lost somewhere, now its all about, who gets the most masaledar news. its nothing more than a rat race...

OBL Jr.?? I thought he was dead too. Confused Oh well, yeah, forget about those. Lol ROFL

Yeah, paps need to leave some celebs alone. LOL
But you know what? I agree with what Ranbir Kapoor once said, the media makes you what you are, so you need to give them something in return.
I accept that they are doing their job, and yeah, media mostly makes celebs what they are. And sometimes, the celebs misuse the media and blame everything on the media when things go wrong.
What I believe is, media & the celebs should draw the line somewhere. I mean, it's ok if media gets behind you in some matter, but if they do what they did to people like Diana, that's just going too far. Everything should have a limit.
-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 6:52am | IP Logged
In the defense of the paparazzi... as I do hold some respect for their work!

If some of these celebrities were given a choice earlier in their career: that they would be payed enormous amount if they can be photographed and published, do you think they wouldn't accepted the offer? I agree there should be some conflicts of conscience in the mind of the paparazzi, as they don't really want to hurt anyone: they are merely doing their job! How different is their job from ours: where we are spending tons of money and time  on gossip magazines and Internet sites to get the latest scoop!

The conspiracy around Princess Diana's death is an unknown territory for me and I forbid my self from visiting! Princess Diana has touched many people's heart in so many ways, that to me she lives forever!

Edited by night13 - 12 May 2011 at 11:37am
_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 11:00am | IP Logged

Heard a series of tapped telephone coversations that have been released by NDTV today  Shocked These were between Amar singh , Ambani, Mulayam Singh Yadav ..after the court vacated the earlier stay order preventing its public disclosure. These phone tapping allegedly disclose the politician - corporate nexus. But isnt this a blatant breach of privacy?

monar

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 11:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Heard a series of tapped telephone coversations that have been released by NDTV today  Shocked These were between Amar singh , Ambani, Mulayam Singh Yadav ..after the court vacated the earlier stay order preventing its public disclosure. These phone tapping allegedly disclose the politician - corporate nexus. But isnt this a blatant breach of privacy?

Bear with me as my knowledge of the Indian politics/corporations is little poor...:)

How were these tapes acquired? Are they legitimate, did they have a court order to phone tap these ministers and corporate CEOs?  Cause if they are claimed to be under legal provisions then there is no breach of privacy, but if they are illegal then there is no case! 

_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 11:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

Bear with me as my knowledge of the Indian politics/corporations is little poor...:)

How were these tapes acquired? Are they legitimate, did they have a court order to phone tap these ministers and corporate CEOs?  Cause if they are claimed to be under legal provisions then there is no breach of privacy, but if they are illegal then there is no case! 

So its the court that will decide whats to be private ! I m not sure about this but it looks like the govt can eavesdrop on any one . Hmm..having a national language no longer seems a good idea!
-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 11:58am | IP Logged

Originally posted by night13

So its the court that will decide whats to be private ! I m not sure about this but it looks like the govt can eavesdrop on any one . Hmm..having a national language no longer seems a good idea!

It's unfortunate, but true. As much as I agree with you on the breach of privacy, when push comes to solve, law and order play a big role.  I still have faith in the human race will make the right choice when it comes to privacy. :)
monar IF-Sizzlerz
monar
monar

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 6:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Doe.

Originally posted by monar

OBL Jr.?? I thought he was dead too. Confused Oh well, yeah, forget about those. Lol ROFL

Yeah, paps need to leave some celebs alone. LOL
But you know what? I agree with what Ranbir Kapoor once said, the media makes you what you are, so you need to give them something in return.
I accept that they are doing their job, and yeah, media mostly makes celebs what they are. And sometimes, the celebs misuse the media and blame everything on the media when things go wrong.
What I believe is, media & the celebs should draw the line somewhere. I mean, it's ok if media gets behind you in some matter, but if they do what they did to people like Diana, that's just going too far. Everything should have a limit.

There are 20 of them, and US still counting LOL I reckon two shares the exact same initials -OBL,  Omar BL is the one I am talking about.

Its mess all around us, I prefer to live in my illusions rather than understanding the mess in glamor world, Politics, corporate and Media. They are tightly bounded and exist for each other or against as per the need or demand basis knowing none of can survive alone, their sole purpose is to fool and cash the public.

Diana was amazing persona and shouldnt have met that end, but still I wont go with blaming papz only..

MagixX

Go to top