Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Believe

Wonderful.

In Singapore we have to carry an identification card which has a number that is linked to all the Govt. Records on Income Tax, citizenship, Driving Licence etc.
Some would call it an invasion of privacy too.
But I guess it does help sometimes.

Here there are no rules against burkha, purdah etc
But guests have to be properly attired in some restaurants; guess it is quite common.

monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: .Doe.

It's actually about the cameras. But that includes the press cameras as well. Especially in Diana's case, where they wouldn't let her live peacefully even for a minute. I agree that she was famous & all, but if the cost of it is life, I think that is taking it a bit too far.

I agree but then I would equally blame the judgment made by people sitting in car, dont get me wrong, I was shattered the time of her death but if you revisit the whole incident you will see many angles which were missed, atleast I do.feel
MagixX thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Yes Mona, there are too many conspiracy theories there too. Shall we get into those? 😛 😆
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Diana was unfairly treated by the Royalty, so sad.
The nosey newsmen caused her death.

Charles then married a Horse.🤢
MagixX thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

Diana was unfairly treated by the Royalty, so sad.
The nosey newsmen caused her death.

Charles then married a Horse.🤢

@Bold: By Charles mostly. In some introduction about a book on her life, I read that the Queen was one of her staunch supporters. The Queen was mostly frustrated about her getting candid with the media about her personal life, and the same about Charles as well.

I don't know much about their story, but as far as I know, Charles had always been in love with Camilla - that's what I've heard. Either ways, injustice to poor Diana. 
Glad that William & Kate is a different story though. But I still don't trust the paparazzi. They need to give people some space to breathe.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Privacy is necessary for an individual and certain aspect of life!!  😊

monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Kezia, huh no no more conspiracies to handle... 😆 US/Osama created loads lately. And now OBL Jr. is condemning the act. ok.. I better should stop reading about them anymore sigh!

I second u, paparazzi needs to give some space to celebs, but there is hidden truth, these celebs fill the spaces in their columns for which paparazzi runs endlessly, lately competition raised the bar. you should watch Peepli Live, if you haven't already. It shows how media works n invades our lives.

Journalism is lost somewhere, now its all about, who gets the most masaledar news. its nothing more than a rat race...

MagixX thumbnail

Originally posted by: monar

Kezia, huh no no more conspiracies to handle... 😆 US/Osama created loads lately. And now OBL Jr. is condemning the act. ok.. I better should stop reading about them anymore sigh!

I second u, paparazzi needs to give some space to celebs, but there is hidden truth, these celebs fill the spaces in their columns for which paparazzi runs endlessly, lately competition raised the bar. you should watch Peepli Live, if you haven't already. It shows how media works n invades our lives.

Journalism is lost somewhere, now its all about, who gets the most masaledar news. its nothing more than a rat race...

OBL Jr.?? I thought he was dead too. 😕 Oh well, yeah, forget about those. Lol 🤣

Yeah, paps need to leave some celebs alone. 😆
But you know what? I agree with what Ranbir Kapoor once said, the media makes you what you are, so you need to give them something in return.
I accept that they are doing their job, and yeah, media mostly makes celebs what they are. And sometimes, the celebs misuse the media and blame everything on the media when things go wrong.
What I believe is, media & the celebs should draw the line somewhere. I mean, it's ok if media gets behind you in some matter, but if they do what they did to people like Diana, that's just going too far. Everything should have a limit.
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
In the defense of the paparazzi... as I do hold some respect for their work!

If some of these celebrities were given a choice earlier in their career: that they would be payed enormous amount if they can be photographed and published, do you think they wouldn't accepted the offer? I agree there should be some conflicts of conscience in the mind of the paparazzi, as they don't really want to hurt anyone: they are merely doing their job! How different is their job from ours: where we are spending tons of money and time  on gossip magazines and Internet sites to get the latest scoop!

The conspiracy around Princess Diana's death is an unknown territory for me and I forbid my self from visiting! Princess Diana has touched many people's heart in so many ways, that to me she lives forever!

Edited by night13 - 12 years ago
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Heard a series of tapped telephone coversations that have been released by NDTV today  ðŸ˜² These were between Amar singh , Ambani, Mulayam Singh Yadav ..after the court vacated the earlier stay order preventing its public disclosure. These phone tapping allegedly disclose the politician - corporate nexus. But isnt this a blatant breach of privacy?