Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Invasion of Privacy? Ref: Pg 18 (Page 6)

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by night13

Great topic and very relevant in today's world where invasion of privacy has become easy due to the advanced technologies...

Well for me...I do not mind anything that is meant for security...for saving lives...for e.g at the airports...its absolutely necessary even if means a little inconvenience...if if saves even one innocent lives...its worth it...

In public places, schools ...I understand them having cameras over there...

On the forums...of course they need to know the IP address...not for MIDs only but for other security reasons also...cyber crimes are on the rise...but the people who can have access to these,,IP addresses should be a few trusted people and not every Tom , Dick and Harry should have access to them...

Basically a little common sense would tell if we should be cribbing about the invasion of privacy or not...
Regarding the invasion of privacy...of public figures well...there is hardly a private life for them...they chose it ...and I'll tell u...stop giving attention to these public figures and they will die...they survive on attentionLOL

Public figures have a right to privacy as well, just because they choose to be public figure does not mean they deserve no privacy.  As stated ...'The 'public interest' is not the same thing as what the public is interested in'... their personal life is at scrutiny by the press. There should be a fine line drawn between what is public information vs private information of these public figures!

In the end we make them a public figure rather then they choose to be one. :)

Of course every body has the right to every thing in Lala Land...but in real life sometimes we do not get the things that we have a right to...these public figures get into limelight sometimes by the virtue of their pofession knowing very well what it entails...sometimes because of their interests...sometimes because of greed for fame and fortune and sometimes by accident...I have absolutely no sympathy for people who choose a particular profession knowing very well what comes with it...who knew a Sonakshi Sinha before the movie 'Dabang"...she was the daughter of a movie star...she knew the whole deal...the invasion of privacy that comes with stardom...she was not new to it...yet she chose it...she chose stardom and money over her privacy...does that mean she doesn 't have a RIGHT to privacy...she ABSOLUTELY does...but does that means she CAN have her privacy...no she won't...never...there is a difference in knowing what is your right and what u can have...we all make are choices and this is what the public figures chose...

In a real world everything(except mother's love) comes at a cost...we all make choices...this what life is about.

In the end, we speak the same language... :)
As quoted:  ' If you have something that you don't want anyone to know, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. '

Thats about it...LOL

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 7:23pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Summer3

Speaking of invasion of privacy I wonder if anyone suffers nosey and annoying neighbors.LOL
About a mile from where I live there was a neighbor quarrel that landed up in court several times. Imagine these were educated people n one even a lecturer.

Summerji...have u see the movie Padosan...remember the nosey neighbors in that movieLOL
Thumbnail 2:56

Kishore - Mere Saamne

SEE how nosey the neighbors areLOL

Lovely Blue Ice ji.LOL
Saira Banu was so pretty.  Nostalgia.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

monarblue-ice.

monar IF-Sizzlerz
monar
monar

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 7:24pm | IP Logged
looking at replies and original posts I am confused? Are we talking about Surveillance cameras or Paparazzi? Ermm

Surveillance cameras r need of today's world, including traffic camera, cause even though it won't stop you from breaking the rule on the spot, but will make sure u to receive DMV's love letter LOL. and next time u think twice before breaking any rule.

Cameras @ school premises is must, (except restrooms) cause thats the age when kids usually use their phone for MMS rather then SMS. Ouch

Cameras @ Bank ATMs.. MUST... so in hotel lobbies, subways, trains, stations...

And when it comes to Paparazzi uhmm I agree with Diana thing Doe. but there are trade offs of being famous and if you think even after being famous, people will let you live a normal life is asking for too much.
monar IF-Sizzlerz
monar
monar

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 7:26pm | IP Logged

Speaking of invasion of privacy I wonder if anyone suffers nosey and annoying neighbors.LOL
About a mile from where I live there was a neighbor quarrel that landed up in court several times. Imagine these were educated people n one even a lecturer.

Summerji...have u see the movie Padosan...remember the nosey neighbors in that movieLOL

Kishore - Mere Saamne

Lovely Blue Ice ji.LOL

So summer ji you are ok when pretty neighbor plays songs in top volume LOL huh!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice.

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by monar

<font color="#993300" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">looking at replies and original posts I am confused? Are we talking about Surveillance cameras or Paparazzi? Ermm

Surveillance cameras r need of today's world, including traffic camera, cause even though it won't stop you from breaking the rule on the spot, but will make sure u to receive DMV's love letter LOL. and next time u think twice before breaking any rule.

Cameras @ school premises is must, (except restrooms) cause thats the age when kids usually use their phone for MMS rather then SMS. Ouch

Cameras @ Bank ATMs.. MUST... so in hotel lobbies, subways, trains, stations...

And when it comes to Paparazzi uhmm I agree with Diana thing Doe. but there are trade offs of being famous and if you think even after being famous, people will let you live a normal life is asking for too much.
</font>

The topic of the discussion still remains as invasion of privacy with respect to different interpretations.:) Do we still have the right to choose when and where we want to remain private vs public... to me that right no longer exists! Thus we are at mercy of the law and order!

Edited by night13 - 10 May 2011 at 8:03pm

monar

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 7:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by monar

Kishore - Mere Saamne

Lovely Blue Ice ji.LOL

So summer ji you are ok when pretty neighbor plays songs in top volume LOL huh!
Ha ha it is not easy to get a pretty neighbor.LOL
Here we have laws on noise levels esp after 11 pm.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

monarblue-ice.

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 11:34pm | IP Logged

Kishore - Mere Saamne

SEE how nosey the neighbors areLOL--Somedays I can hear, my neighbor is holding her Saturday night mass. "Oh god! "Oh lord!" Oh jesus!"LOLTongueWink

blue-ice.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:43am | IP Logged
Vinu Maharaj kya khabar ?
HOpe there are no political rallies at your place anymore.

Go to top