Invasion of Privacy? Ref: Pg 18 - Page 10

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by night13

The paparazzi are being compared to the burglars...<lol>... I would have to say that the paparazzi prevent the burglaries! πŸ˜†

or on the contrary they give ideas to burglars.. 
Originally posted by blue-ice

No the burglar will not ransack your house if they know that u have stopped buying expensive items...its a hypothetical situation ...a far fetched one...but I think it goes well with the situation...because we are not talking about a one time event...we are talking about a habit...paparazzi will stop getting dirt if they know...no one is buying it...same goes for the burglar..they will stop ransacking houses...if people stop having expensive items...πŸ˜†...the idea is we are holding the wrong party responsible...if anyone decides to do something illegal  its their fault...no one else's...

I think you are comparing two completely different things. In the case of paparazzi, society is demanding something while paparazzi is supplying it. In the case of burglars, they are the ones demanding "free" (rather stolen) goods and they consequently steal it. (It is also a myth that only expensive goods get stolen)

Anyway to present another analogy between the two. Why is burglary a crime? Because societally we have deemed it a crime. We do not condone it and punish burglars who are caught. No one is paying burglars to rob their houses. No one is watching television, buying magazines to find burglars.

However, barring a few jurisdictions and special circumstances paparazzi or yellow journalism is not a crime. It is a legitimate profession. Society only knows to whine and complain about it. But when some juicy gossip is published, when some secret photos are taken, society laps it all up and spends money to buy the magazines and watch the shows that dish out all the dirt.

Blaming everything solely on paparazzi is like paying a burglar to break in your house and then whining about being robbed. If society one paying for the crime, encouraging and demanding (paparazzi in this case), how can society claim to be blameless? Do you mean to say that people who pay for wrong things to be done can never be blamed because they don't do anything wrong themselves?

No the burglar will not ransack your house if they know that u have stopped buying expensive items...its a hypothetical situation ...a far fetched one...but I think it goes well with the situation...because we are not talking about a one time event...we are talking about a habit...paparazzi will stop getting dirt if they know...no one is buying it...same goes for the burglar..they will stop ransacking houses...if people stop having expensive items...πŸ˜†...the idea is we are holding the wrong party responsible...if anyone decides to do something illegal  its their fault...no one else's...

lol till u are comparing two for snatching the privacy I am with you..
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I think you are comparing two completely different things. In the case of paparazzi, society is demanding something while paparazzi is supplying it. In the case of burglars, they are the ones demanding "free" (rather stolen) goods and they consequently steal it. (It is also a myth that only expensive goods get stolen)

Anyway to present another analogy between the two. Why is burglary a crime? Because societally we have deemed it a crime. We do not condone it and punish burglars who are caught. No one is paying burglars to rob their houses. No one is watching television, buying magazines to find burglars.

However, barring a few jurisdictions and special circumstances paparazzi or yellow journalism is not a crime. It is a legitimate profession. Society only knows to whine and complain about it. But when some juicy gossip is published, when some secret photos are taken, society laps it all up and spends money to buy the magazines and watch the shows that dish out all the dirt.

Blaming everything solely on paparazzi is like paying a burglar to break in your house and then whining about being robbed. If society one paying for the crime, encouraging and demanding (paparazzi in this case), how can society claim to be blameless? Do you mean to say that people who pay for wrong things to be done can never be blamed because they don't do anything wrong themselves?

I totally agree with you and had stated the same on page 9.   We are equally responsible for the damage caused to society due to paparazzi cause we are the ones paying the big bucks for the big dirt! We have created the market for the paparazzi.

Edited by night13 - 12 years ago

The paparazzi are being compared to the burglars...<lol>... I would have to say that the paparazzi prevent the burglaries! πŸ˜†

lol...y did u like my post if you don't agree with it...πŸ˜†

Coming to the comparison...yes I compared Paparazzi to burglars...what do the burglars do...they take away something that is yours ...
The paparazzi ...do the same thing...they take away a private moment from the celebrity...that the celebrity did not intend to give them...

I totally agree that they take pics because the demand is there...that doesn't mean that they are not responsible for what they do...

Coming to the comparison...yes I compared Paparazzi to burglars...what do the burglars do...they take away something that is yours ...
The paparazzi ...do the same thing...they take away a private moment from the celebrity...that the celebrity did not intend to give them...

I totally agree that they take pics because the demand is there...that doesn't mean that they are not responsible for what they do...

we are moving in a circle.. ain't we? πŸ€”

Paparazzi won't take private moment from "common men" but "public figures" remove public from there and they are no more interested. Where as Burglars are more human when it comes to prey upon, they don't bother about your socio economical status.

Edited by monar - 12 years ago

Just because I may not agree with you, does not mean I can not like your post..can I?... :)

The comparison between the paparazzi to burglars can not be the same, as they are not responsible for any lost goods.  Is stealing someone's privacy vs invading privacy fall under the same category? 

Originally posted by monar

lol till u are comparing two for snatching the privacy I am with you..

I am sure that the privacy is more valuable to these celebrities than diamonds and the paparazzi rob them of it...πŸ˜†just because u can't put a value on privacy doesn't mean that it can't be robbed...

I am sure that the privacy is more valuable to these celebrities than diamonds and the paparazzi rob them of it...πŸ˜†just because u can't put a value on privacy doesn't mean that it can't be robbed...

ah! if privacy is that imp for these "celebs" than they wouldnt be a celeb.. cummon you want to be in Sky as well on earth at the same time .. not possible...

Just because I may not agree with you, does not mean I can not like your post..can I?... :)

The comparison between the paparazzi to burglars can not be the same, as they are not responsible for any lost goods.  Is stealing someone's privacy vs invading privacy fall under the same category? 

What do the burglars do with stolen goods...sell them somewhere for money...don't the paparazzi do the same thing...they steal and they sell the goods...

u r more tham welcome to like my posts..πŸ˜†