Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

What film was it that gave the approximate number of times we're recorded on camera every day? I think it may have been one of the promos of 'love, sex aur dhoka'. I remember freaking out seeing that huge number.

I am not sure of the film, but I have loved 'Enemy of the State' ... Will Smith rocks!

-Aarya- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Summer3

I was on Internet and I saw an advert asking for some numbers to check if some things matched. I made a mistake n keyed my mobile no for fun. Next moment they threatened to auto bill me twice a week and there was no way I could stop it. Was some kind of cheating going on. So I had to ask the phone company to block these calls n reverse all charges.

This is dangerous. These days gotta be careful with personal info etc.
Especially Credit card nos., addresses, emails etc
Fraud in "Get Rich Quick Schemes" n Investments are rampant too.
Please Beware.

I really feel bad for what happened to you, this really sucks!
Thus we have no control over such situations, we can only be smart about how and where we choose to share our PI.

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Great topic and very relevant in today's world where invasion of privacy has become easy due to the advanced technologies...

Well for me...I do not mind anything that is meant for security...for saving lives...for e.g at the airports...its absolutely necessary even if means a little inconvenience...if if saves even one innocent lives...its worth it...

In public places, schools ...I understand them having cameras over there...

On the forums...of course they need to know the IP address...not for MIDs only but for other security reasons also...cyber crimes are on the rise...but the people who can have access to these,,IP addresses should be a few trusted people and not every Tom , Dick and Harry should have access to them...

Basically a little common sense would tell if we should be cribbing about the invasion of privacy or not...
Regarding the invasion of privacy...of public figures well...there is hardly a private life for them...they chose it ...and I'll tell u...stop giving attention to these public figures and they will die...they survive on attention😆

-Aarya- thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue-ice

Great topic and very relevant in today's world where invasion of privacy has become easy due to the advanced technologies...

Well for me...I do not mind anything that is meant for security...for saving lives...for e.g at the airports...its absolutely necessary even if means a little inconvenience...if if saves even one innocent lives...its worth it...

In public places, schools ...I understand them having cameras over there...

On the forums...of course they need to know the IP address...not for MIDs only but for other security reasons also...cyber crimes are on the rise...but the people who can have access to these,,IP addresses should be a few trusted people and not every Tom , Dick and Harry should have access to them...

Basically a little common sense would tell if we should be cribbing about the invasion of privacy or not...
Regarding the invasion of privacy...of public figures well...there is hardly a private life for them...they chose it ...and I'll tell u...stop giving attention to these public figures and they will die...they survive on attention😆

Public figures have a right to privacy as well, just because they choose to be public figure does not mean they deserve no privacy.  As stated ...'The 'public interest' is not the same thing as what the public is interested in'... their personal life is at scrutiny by the press. There should be a fine line drawn between what is public information vs private information of these public figures!

In the end we make them a public figure rather then they choose to be one. :)

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: night13

I really feel bad for what happened to you, this really sucks!
Thus we have no control over such situations, we can only be smart about how and where we choose to share our PI.

Thanks. But no problem as it was sorted out the same day and the phone company sent me several emails to confirm what it had done. They called me a few times too. Charges were all reversed out.
It was one of those funny nos. 776777 or something. I checked on Internet n found many had the same problem too, was linked to some online gaming site.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Speaking of invasion of privacy I wonder if anyone suffers nosey and annoying neighbors.😆
About a mile from where I live there was a neighbor quarrel that landed up in court several times. Imagine these were educated people n one even a lecturer.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Originally posted by: night13

Public figures have a right to privacy as well, just because they choose to be public figure does not mean they deserve no privacy.  As stated ...'The 'public interest' is not the same thing as what the public is interested in'... their personal life is at scrutiny by the press. There should be a fine line drawn between what is public information vs private information of these public figures!

In the end we make them a public figure rather then they choose to be one. :)

Of course every body has the right to every thing in Lala Land...but in real life sometimes we do not get the things that we have a right to...these public figures get into limelight sometimes by the virtue of their pofession knowing very well what it entails...sometimes because of their interests...sometimes because of greed for fame and fortune and sometimes by accident...I have absolutely no sympathy for people who choose a particular profession knowing very well what comes with it...who knew a Sonakshi Sinha before the movie 'Dabang"...she was the daughter of a movie star...she knew the whole deal...the invasion of privacy that comes with stardom...she was not new to it...yet she chose it...she chose stardom and money over her privacy...does that mean she doesn 't have a RIGHT to privacy...she ABSOLUTELY does...but does that means she CAN have her privacy...no she won't...never...there is a difference in knowing what is your right and what u can have...we all make are choices and this is what the public figures chose...

In a real world everything(except mother's love) comes at a cost...we all make choices...this what life is about.
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: .Doe.

These cameras are really funny though. They seem to capture my car even when it is at home. Advanced technology I guess. 😆

futuristic vision.. 😆, 
blue-ice. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Summer3

Speaking of invasion of privacy I wonder if anyone suffers nosey and annoying neighbors.😆
About a mile from where I live there was a neighbor quarrel that landed up in court several times. Imagine these were educated people n one even a lecturer.

Summerji...have u see the movie Padosan...remember the nosey neighbors in that movie😆
2:56

Kishore - Mere Saamne

SEE how nosey the neighbors are😆

-Aarya- thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue-ice

Of course every body has the right to every thing in Lala Land...but in real life sometimes we do not get the things that we have a right to...these public figures get into limelight sometimes by the virtue of their pofession knowing very well what it entails...sometimes because of their interests...sometimes because of greed for fame and fortune and sometimes by accident...I have absolutely no sympathy for people who choose a particular profession knowing very well what comes with it...who knew a Sonakshi Sinha before the movie 'Dabang"...she was the daughter of a movie star...she knew the whole deal...the invasion of privacy that comes with stardom...she was not new to it...yet she chose it...she chose stardom and money over her privacy...does that mean she doesn 't have a RIGHT to privacy...she ABSOLUTELY does...but does that means she CAN have her privacy...no she won't...never...there is a difference in knowing what is your right and what u can have...we all make are choices and this is what the public figures chose...

In a real world everything(except mother's love) comes at a cost...we all make choices...this what life is about.

In the end, we speak the same language... :)
As quoted:  ' If you have something that you don't want anyone to know, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. '