Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

India-Forums

The "other" woman in Guddu's life (Page 2)

uzee Senior Member
uzee
uzee

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 9:24am | IP Logged
u knw, it may not be neelu...it cud be a girl that was paid to seduce guddu...maybe the m&m's or jabbo...and they want runjhun to see him like that...I don't think guddu will fall for her, but runjhun seeing her attempt would be enough damage...maybe guddu's dharampatni will become jealous?
it cud be an interesting story, if handled with care...

Edited by uzee - 10 May 2011 at 9:23am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ljcruzJulie0001shanak.hotedabellaOmaRamdass

Aginaya69 Senior Member
Aginaya69
Aginaya69

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 9:48am | IP Logged
since gardes has already posted the written update, i guess i could already post my comments about this topic.  i feel that this is a necessary development to the story to make guddu and runjhun's relationship move forward.  someone said in another thread that gunjhun has started to become very comfortable with each other, and although this is a good thing, it implies that their relationship has hit an impasse. 

if anything, this recent development is going to be an eye opener for runjhun.  in the beginning of yesterdays episode, their was a brief overview of what happened in the past (for the benefit of new viewers).  what stood out, for me, was the part about how runjhun views her marriage.  for her, marriage was a way for her to escape her pitiful life  (sans her amma, of course).  even if her prospective marriage to abighyan was arranged, it did give her hope.  however, destiny has it that she would be married to guddu.  so, she lost all hope for ever finding any happiness and contentment in life.  after which she has decided to accept the marriage, and perform her duties as a wife. 

this is where, i think, runjhun's change in disposition on her marriage is necessary.  at this point, her relationship with guddu is only about duty.  there is no genuine care for guddu.  guddu has every reason to backtrack because between the two, guddu's affections for runjhun is real.  even if he is arrogant, and does not want to lose a challenge, when he reverts back (somewhat) to his old self it is going to be mostly because runjhun's feelings for him is still an issue.  did they not fight over that during the opening of the mobile center?  the fact that guddu actually forgot about the challenge is proof that all of the care and affection he shows runjhun is real.

to be honest, runjhun has never really shown guddu any real care.  when she gives him  food, it is too mechanical, and it is obvious that she only does so because she knows that it is her duty.  she has vowed to do her duty as a wife, and she is doing it perfectly.  but what this relationship really lacks is that oomph factor, that physical attraction and connection that rocks a person to the core.

and that is why the coming of this bar girl is timely.  i don't see it to be a twist and turn for the sake of ratings.  a bar girl touches on the physical relationship between man and woman, which guddu and runjhun's wedding sorely lacks.  given how runjhun is being portrayed in the promo, i feel that the CV's are already moving towards that direction.  not that runjhun's character is going to start seducing guddu bar girl style.  i mean that this turn of events is going to hit runjhun like a rock. 

truth is, this makes the 30-day challenge an even more highly anticipated event than before.  you have a love-stricken guddu, who will feel betrayed at the fact that his loving wife only thinks of him as duty, and a shaken runjhun who need to see, and feel, that she IS in love with her husband. 

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

YSK79uzeemonalidpLuvKyuMinljcruzK__SEcliPSe_2010shonu2Julie0001shanak.hotbhavni88UmIbrahimOmaRamdasssigridInfofan

Julie0001 Goldie
Julie0001
Julie0001

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 11:41am | IP Logged
Agin, what an amazing analysis. Thank you and Bravo.

I wrote yesterday that the bit with RJ and Guddu in the kitchen hints at a new level of comfort. And yes, they display a new care towards each other without thinking. Although you are right that between the two of them Guddu has actually done more OUT of his comfort zone than RJ has done for him. But then again RJ is the victim and Guddu's acts violated her in a very metaphoric and powerful way. I was surprised in the pre-cap meant for the new audience yesterday that they whitewashed Guddu a little and did not show more of his bully nature.

But today I saw that when she was talking to Madhavi and thinking back. It is almost as if she was saying, "look what happened to me, this is my life now... you should have better." I still do not think that she got a "good deal." And I do think that she thinks Guddu "ruined her" somehow. She is still called sometimes (in the bar scene) "the girl that Guddu touched." Her point to Madhevi is that once you lose your reputation, can you ever get it back? For her, now, no.

When she is trying to change Guddu, I think at this point she does not yet care for his happiness. I actually felt bad for Guddu when he was complaining about the IM center and missing his CD center. Was it right for her to force this new life on him? Who was the IM center for? In his own world Guddu is a success already and does not seem to be hurting for money,

Guddi looked much more in his element today playing at the carom board.  BTW: I am confused if that still exists with the CD center in the back of the IM shop

I think that you are onto something. This woman will be interesting. As others have written Guddu's relationship to women has been kept a mystery. On one hand he smells the sweet flowers on his bed and remembers "Neelu's room." His smile was somewhat lecherous there

On the other hand, unlike Jabbu he is not a womanizer. He has never leered at girls or RJ. He seems morally upset at Jabbo.

This new woman could be indeed a test for RJ. What does she want from Guddu? Does she want that level of a relationship between them? I thought long ago Bee 5 wrote something brilliant about the Suhaag Raat Debacle.. which was we never really get from RJ  how it FELT to be so rejected by Guddu at the end of that night for the memory of another woman?  She is both a girl and a woman. Does she want to be desired by Guddu? We may see that now

Edited by jpalagrawal - 10 May 2011 at 12:06pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

K__SuzeeAginaya69bhavni88sigridInfofan

Aginaya69 Senior Member
Aginaya69
Aginaya69

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
jpalagrawal, thank you for bringing up the fact that guddu ruined runjhun's reputation.  i'm just catching up on back episodes (i only started watching from the wedding scene), and i'm just at that point when guddu got out of prison, and is seeking revenge on runjhun by ruining his. 

correct me if i'm wrong, but guddu ruining runjhun's reputation was, for him, only fitting since her sending him to prison (not her own decision) ruined his.  at this point, i would like to ask a question, since i don't know much about indian culture.  is it possible for runjhun's reputation to be untarnished at this point?  can guddu's reputation also be untarnished?  is there anything that both of them have to do to clean their image?

as for your last paragraph...

"This new woman could be indeed a test for RJ. What does she want from Guddu? Does she want that level of a relationship between them? I thought long ago Bee 5 wrote something brilliant about the Suhaag Raat Debacle.. which was we never really get from RJ  how it FELT to be so rejected by Guddu at the end of that night for the memory of another woman?  She is both a girl and a woman. Does she want to be desired by Guddu? We may see that now"

my answer to that... YES, SHE NEEDS TO FEEL THAT GUDDU DESIRES HER.  triple exclamation point.

incidentally, i would that nivedita tiwari would have glamour shots.  wish the photographer would bring out that classic sensual side of her, specially her eyes. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Julie0001-Ishana-Infofan

Julie0001 Goldie
Julie0001
Julie0001

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 1:02pm | IP Logged

Agin: You write:

correct me if i'm wrong, but guddu ruining runjhun's reputation was, for him, only fitting since her sending him to prison (not her own decision) ruined his.  at this point, i would like to ask a question, since i don't know much about indian culture.  is it possible for runjhun's reputation to be untarnished at this point?  can guddu's reputation also be untarnished?  is there anything that both of them have to do to clean their image?

Well there are a few points: Sorry none of this is in any logical order

1. We are not sure of RJ's place in society as a whole. She was seen as a chaste girl, but also not a real member of the family and more like their servant.
2. We hardly see her interact with anyone outside the home
3. It was made clear that  Guddu did not touch her sexually, but his touch raised suspicions around town and of course broke up her one romantic relationship.
4. I think the real damage by Guddu's touch was her interior world. Watch the episodes after the touch. She is fearful, a shell and continually trying to cleanse herself of him. That is what I think really remains. She felt dirty from his touch  and that is more important than society's judgment on her. Although today she was bringing up society to Madhavi and recalled all those people looking at her. So that must matter too.
5. I really cannot say about redemption in society. "Guddu married the girl that he touched." But that is kind of gross. Is that redemption, or the best case scenario after a horrible act? but to her internal world and morals his forceful touch was akin to a real physical violation. It does not matter if "it really was not that bad."
6. I am not sure about forgiveness. Had Guddu forgiven RJ? Has she forgiven him? Not yet, I think.
7. It is debatable I think how bad Guddu's act was; however, I think what it did to RJ was beautifully picturized. To her  it was a violation.
8. I think RJ discovering her own sensuality is a developing arch. She has never caught Guddu  checking her out. So there is a lot that needs development here

Edited by jpalagrawal - 10 May 2011 at 1:04pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Aginaya69Infofan

nadeera Groupbie
nadeera
nadeera

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
i thought this bhagonwali would be a different story where too many women/ girl friends are not loitering around main protagonist's life. I really hoped that Guddu would be a man of character. if he's also been seduced by a bar girl, what's the basic difference between guddu and jabbu? i don't know... disappointed...really I am. :s

Edited by nadeera - 10 May 2011 at 1:10pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Ishana-

Aginaya69 Senior Member
Aginaya69
Aginaya69

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
jpalagrawal, you said: 

I think the real damage by Guddu's touch was her interior world. Watch the episodes after the touch. She is fearful, a shell and continually trying to cleanse herself of him. That is what I think really remains. She felt dirty from his touch  and that is more important than society's judgment on her.

this is good.  that means that guddu has to make every effort to remove those bad memories from runjhun's heart.  makes room for a lot of romantic moments, doesn't it?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Julie0001Infofan

-Ishana- IF-Rockerz
-Ishana-
-Ishana-

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
Can sum1 PM the article 2 me????PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index