Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Agin, what an amazing analysis. Thank you and Bravo.

I wrote yesterday that the bit with RJ and Guddu in the kitchen hints at a new level of comfort. And yes, they display a new care towards each other without thinking. Although you are right that between the two of them Guddu has actually done more OUT of his comfort zone than RJ has done for him. But then again RJ is the victim and Guddu's acts violated her in a very metaphoric and powerful way. I was surprised in the pre-cap meant for the new audience yesterday that they whitewashed Guddu a little and did not show more of his bully nature.

But today I saw that when she was talking to Madhavi and thinking back. It is almost as if she was saying, "look what happened to me, this is my life now... you should have better." I still do not think that she got a "good deal." And I do think that she thinks Guddu "ruined her" somehow. She is still called sometimes (in the bar scene) "the girl that Guddu touched." Her point to Madhevi is that once you lose your reputation, can you ever get it back? For her, now, no.

When she is trying to change Guddu, I think at this point she does not yet care for his happiness. I actually felt bad for Guddu when he was complaining about the IM center and missing his CD center. Was it right for her to force this new life on him? Who was the IM center for? In his own world Guddu is a success already and does not seem to be hurting for money,

Guddi looked much more in his element today playing at the carom board.  BTW: I am confused if that still exists with the CD center in the back of the IM shop

I think that you are onto something. This woman will be interesting. As others have written Guddu's relationship to women has been kept a mystery. On one hand he smells the sweet flowers on his bed and remembers "Neelu's room." His smile was somewhat lecherous there

On the other hand, unlike Jabbu he is not a womanizer. He has never leered at girls or RJ. He seems morally upset at Jabbo.

This new woman could be indeed a test for RJ. What does she want from Guddu? Does she want that level of a relationship between them? I thought long ago Bee 5 wrote something brilliant about the Suhaag Raat Debacle.. which was we never really get from RJ  how it FELT to be so rejected by Guddu at the end of that night for the memory of another woman?  She is both a girl and a woman. Does she want to be desired by Guddu? We may see that now
Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago
Aginaya69 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
jpalagrawal, thank you for bringing up the fact that guddu ruined runjhun's reputation.  i'm just catching up on back episodes (i only started watching from the wedding scene), and i'm just at that point when guddu got out of prison, and is seeking revenge on runjhun by ruining his. 

correct me if i'm wrong, but guddu ruining runjhun's reputation was, for him, only fitting since her sending him to prison (not her own decision) ruined his.  at this point, i would like to ask a question, since i don't know much about indian culture.  is it possible for runjhun's reputation to be untarnished at this point?  can guddu's reputation also be untarnished?  is there anything that both of them have to do to clean their image?

as for your last paragraph...

"This new woman could be indeed a test for RJ. What does she want from Guddu? Does she want that level of a relationship between them? I thought long ago Bee 5 wrote something brilliant about the Suhaag Raat Debacle.. which was we never really get from RJ  how it FELT to be so rejected by Guddu at the end of that night for the memory of another woman?  She is both a girl and a woman. Does she want to be desired by Guddu? We may see that now"

my answer to that... YES, SHE NEEDS TO FEEL THAT GUDDU DESIRES HER.  triple exclamation point.

incidentally, i would that nivedita tiwari would have glamour shots.  wish the photographer would bring out that classic sensual side of her, specially her eyes. 
Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Agin: You write:

correct me if i'm wrong, but guddu ruining runjhun's reputation was, for him, only fitting since her sending him to prison (not her own decision) ruined his.  at this point, i would like to ask a question, since i don't know much about indian culture.  is it possible for runjhun's reputation to be untarnished at this point?  can guddu's reputation also be untarnished?  is there anything that both of them have to do to clean their image?

Well there are a few points: Sorry none of this is in any logical order

1. We are not sure of RJ's place in society as a whole. She was seen as a chaste girl, but also not a real member of the family and more like their servant.
2. We hardly see her interact with anyone outside the home
3. It was made clear that  Guddu did not touch her sexually, but his touch raised suspicions around town and of course broke up her one romantic relationship.
4. I think the real damage by Guddu's touch was her interior world. Watch the episodes after the touch. She is fearful, a shell and continually trying to cleanse herself of him. That is what I think really remains. She felt dirty from his touch  and that is more important than society's judgment on her. Although today she was bringing up society to Madhavi and recalled all those people looking at her. So that must matter too.
5. I really cannot say about redemption in society. "Guddu married the girl that he touched." But that is kind of gross. Is that redemption, or the best case scenario after a horrible act? but to her internal world and morals his forceful touch was akin to a real physical violation. It does not matter if "it really was not that bad."
6. I am not sure about forgiveness. Had Guddu forgiven RJ? Has she forgiven him? Not yet, I think.
7. It is debatable I think how bad Guddu's act was; however, I think what it did to RJ was beautifully picturized. To her  it was a violation.
8. I think RJ discovering her own sensuality is a developing arch. She has never caught Guddu  checking her out. So there is a lot that needs development here

Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago
nadeera thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i thought this bhagonwali would be a different story where too many women/ girl friends are not loitering around main protagonist's life. I really hoped that Guddu would be a man of character. if he's also been seduced by a bar girl, what's the basic difference between guddu and jabbu? i don't know... disappointed...really I am. :s Edited by nadeera - 12 years ago
Aginaya69 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
jpalagrawal, you said: 

I think the real damage by Guddu's touch was her interior world. Watch the episodes after the touch. She is fearful, a shell and continually trying to cleanse herself of him. That is what I think really remains. She felt dirty from his touch  and that is more important than society's judgment on her.

this is good.  that means that guddu has to make every effort to remove those bad memories from runjhun's heart.  makes room for a lot of romantic moments, doesn't it?
tereliyex thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Can sum1 PM the article 2 me????PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
nadeera thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
If guddu is seduced by that bar girl,then the concequence is obviouse,i.e. She will bore guddu's child...gosh if this happens, bhagonwali will become just an average mediocre show...don't know why but suddenly feeling very upset for that runjhun girl :(