Arjun's fitness mantra-indya.com

Posted: 12 years ago
Arjun Bijlani's fitness mantra

Natasha Coutinho/Hill Road Media

Arjun Bijlani, one of the most popular faces on television, is known for his fit physique and charming persona. We get the handsome hunk to spill the secrets behind his toned body. Read on to know what Arjun had to say.

Showing 1 of 3 images Previous    Next

What does being fit mean to you?
Fitness means being able to do whatever you want, whenever you want. Basically, it means no physical restrictions of any kind.

Why is it important to exercise and what exercises would you suggest for people who do not have much time to workout?
It is important for the muscles to get exercise at least four times a week to be flexible. It also keeps the mind fresh and makes you feel good about yourself. I would suggest hitting the gym but if that's not possible at least walk for 45 minutes or an hour in your building compound.

How do you maintain your physique inspite of your shooting schedules?
I hit the gym regularly and also love going for a swim. Sometimes, I feel lethargic to workout but I convince myself to go because once you are in the gym you feel motivated to workout.

What do you normally have for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
Breakfast is normally eggs and brown bread. Sometimes I have oats, protein shake and a banana. Lunch is grilled chicken and vegetables, roti or rice and salads. I try to avoid having rice for dinner because it has carbohydrates. So I have soup and roti with vegetables.

How can your fans make their workout fun?
That depends on what kind of workout you enjoy. I will suggest spinning as it is working out with loud music playing and that makes it fun. Those who do not like weights can try kickboxing instead. I suggest swimming to those who like sports as it helps you to maintain a fit body.

Share some fitness tips that you follow.
I try not to have a gap between my workouts. Like if I am working out for five day a week, I will not take a break of more than one or two days in between. One tends to get lethargic and skip workouts more often when you take a long break. Rather than this, it is advisable to have a fixed workout regime.

Some fitness advise for fans...
It is important to workout whether you are an actor or not. Some people have this attitude that I am not an actor so there is no need to workout regularly. This attitude needs to change and in fact is already changing. A while ago, there were hardly any non-actors in my gym but now people are realizing the importance of being fit. These days I spot all kinds of people be it corporate, or any other field in the gym. They all want to exercise which is a good thing. Exercise is a stress buster and is necessary for everyone in today's world.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Arjun-Bijlanis-fitness-mantra&aid=2825 Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago
Awsome ...๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thanks for sharing
I walk for 60 mins every day. ๐Ÿ˜†
nice nice ...super like
one should exercise regularly one stretch muscles whether an actor or not an actor  :)
Thanks for sharing๐Ÿ˜ƒ

he is right...once u take long gap people tend to be lathergic... ๐Ÿ˜†

Love ya jun
TY for sharin!
@armueva : thanx for sharing...๐Ÿ˜Š
fitness mantra pehlebhi ekbar ayatha...
awesome loved it thanks for sharing