Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

MANEET FF Dancing from the ashes - cchp32 33 updtd - Page 3

mechantefille thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

All's fair in love and lust.

It was late evening, Nik was pacing the floor in his apartment. Guilt was eating into him. He wanted to know how Geet was, but he didn't want to call and pressurize her or make her feel uncomfortable.

He was hoping against hopes that she would call him.

Just then his phone rang. He leaped on it eagerly to answer it. It was Sid. He answered dejectedly.

''Haan Sid bol.''

''Nik, tu free hain?''

''Haan, kyun?''

''Chal yar lets go out''

This was strange. It was the first time Sid had extended a hand of friendship towards him. He was cautious.

''Only both of us?'', he asked?

''Nahi yaar, Mayank bhi hain na mere saath. Chahiye to Raina ko pooch sakta hain.''

''Err ok.'' Nik replied, not really hearing Sid's reply.. Maybe it was a good idea to just get out and stop thinking for a bit.

''Achcha , toh phir tum dono jaldi aa jao...Thousand Suns Disc main milte hain. Ok''

''Err, dono, kaun?''

''Tu aur Raina.'', Sid said happily.

''Err, I don't think she'll be comfortable with 3 guys. Let's leave it.''

''Arre kyun nahi hogi comfy? U cal her, man.'', Sid said indignantly.

''Err ok.''

They net up half an hour later at the club.

''Raina kahan hain?''Sid asked, eagerly; searching behind Nik..

''I called her, but she's busy. Said she'll drop in later if she's free. She might get a friend; they were completing some psychology experiments.''

Sid's face fell. ''Ok lets go in.''

They got drinks and headed to find a seat. A sofa was empty so they plonked themselves on it.

After a while a guy came and sat down next to them. They shifted to make room for him and continued chatting.

Vicky Khurana was lost in thought. He was sitting in probably the most posh pubs in Delhi, but the noise and chaos didn't reach him. He had to get in touch with the right people and make his move at the right time. He knew his friends were there with him. Zakhir, Nida, Sneha...he wished Annie was there too..for moral support. He was here with a one point agenda.

Starting a dance company was mean job, and even though he had his family's support, he wanted to do this one, on his own. Today was the recruiting day. Which was why he had chosen a disco...dancers came there to be themselves and  he could pick and choose the good ones. Convincing them would be a task, but her was not known as 'Vicky The Sweet Talker' for nothing.

He saw Maan walk in with his friends and sit in a quieter spot. Maan saw him and nodded in acknowledgement. Vikcy looked about for his friends. Zakhir n Nida were playing something on his cellphone. Sneha was missing...he assumed she was in the bathroom. It had been a week since he'd met her, but it was sparks when they 1st met. She was beautiful and she adored him. She liked his friends too. Still, it was too soon to tell.

Vicky turned around, fiddling with his drink. He looked towards the dance floor. Not many were dancing. He got up and went on a search for the DJ...luckily it was a friend. He requested him to play the popular tracks. It worked...the dance floor filled up. On returning to his seat on the sofa, he found it was occupied by 3 more guys. They realized he wanted a seat, and shifted a bit for him. Vicky took a seat and kept a watch for dancers.

Maan was about to leave the mansion. He was on a secret mission. Nobody knew what he was upto, but it had to be done as soon as possible.

Just as he was stepping out, Daadi stopped him.

''Beta if ur going via the Handa mansion, can you drop me to meet Vidya?''

Vidya was Savitri Devi's closest friend, Mohinder Handa's mother in-law.Maan knew Mr Handa by name; he knew Vidya aunty, from her visits to the Khurana Mansion, but apart from a formal hello, every time their paths crossed, he didn't know much.

''Ji Daadi, main car nikalta hoon''.

Maan dropped her to the Handa mansion and drove to the disco.

He knew Vicky was there for some work of his and so was his latest girlfriend, Sneha.

Sneha!! His guard had been up ever since he'd met her. She flirted with Vicky shamelessly and seemed to wrap him around his finger. There was something he couldn't place his finger on, and he wanted to find out what that was.

A couple of days after he had met her, He ran into Adi, his closest friend. What he heard from him didn't please him a bit. Anger bubbled up inside him , and he resolved to square it off with the girl.

Maan drove quickly to the disco. He saw Adi waiting for him. They entered silently. Maan saw Vicky was already there. But Sneha wasn't with him. That made his work easier. He nodded to Vicky and sat in a secluded spot. His eyes searched Sneha. He finally spotted her , talking to a girl. He walked towards her as discreetly as possible. They were deep in conversation; Sneha's eyes were moving animatedly as she related something.

''...he's like makkhan yaa. I told the guy to come, I think we've reached that stage and I can work my bit. Once in the tabloids, n then life should be easier. I can move on to bigger and better stuff, huh?''

Her friend giggled.

'Maan moved discreetly to the opposite side, where they couldn't see him, but he could hear them. Sneha's phone rang and she answered excitedly,

''Hey where are u? You're coming naa, I dressed my best yaar. N the pics better be good.'' She hung up

It was time to act. Maan walked up to her. She got flustered looking at him.

''Err...hi Maan, how're you? Good to see u.'' Her unease was visible.

''Hi Sneha. How've u been? What are u doing here?''

''Errr... you know...'', she said sweetly,''Just clubbing. Vicky's here too somewhere.''

''I know he's here...and it's good he's not with you. You see Sneha, I came to the club just to meet you.'', he said smoothly.

She looked at him in surprise and with a hint of fear. Her friend excused herself.

He got right to it.

''I know what you're up to and I know how it'll affect my brother. Make no mistake, when it comes to Vicky, you have to deal with the entire Khurana clan. So before you use my brother to become famous and be pasted on the page 3 tabloids, think again. Cause, using his fame to be famous yourself, can lead to me using my fame to spoil your image and make u a fashion circle wastrel. Get it?? This is my first and last warning. You don't want me to live up to my words.''. His anger was clear in his bloodshot eyes.

Sneha's face turned ashen, as she knew she had been caught. Her expression turned flat. She sullenly faced him, and turned to leave.

''I'm not done yet.''. he stopped her.

''You will tell ur journalist friend to ditch the plan, and you will break up with my brother, in a very nice manner, today itself!!

Am I understood?"' he asked menacingly.

One look from him was enough to convince her.

She nodded and left.

Vicky was getting bored. There was a dearth of good dancers. The club didn't have any good dancers, or any potential ones. He wondered if he had strategized in a wrong manner? The guys nearest to him were deep in conversation about some latest bike. One of them was doodling on a napkin with a pencil. He sighed.

Just then a movement caught his eye. A girl and a boy had walked up to the trio next to him. The boy had straight hair, falling into his eyes, and he wore a sleeveless shirt and 3/4th pants. The girl was short and dusky, and slim. She wore a white top, that exposed her neck and arms.  It was a frilly, girlish top with layers on it and pink shorts. Silver slippers completed her ensemble. She had a bag slung across her shoulders, that clashed with her entire look. Her hair was  open save one pin, holding her hair to one side while the rest flowed in waves. Feminine - was the word that sprang to his mind.

The boys looked up. The guy with the drawing looked confused as  though he didn't recognize them. The muscular guy's jaw dropped and he looked like he'd been punched in the face, while the thin tall one smiled at them, evidently very happy with their arrival.

''Raenz!!,'' he said happily. He clapped the boy on the back and pulled up chairs for them.

Nik looked up to see that Raina and Ayush had made it. Mayank looked relieved at recognizing her, but he seemed dazed. Sid looked stumped. He looked Raina up and down,  like he had never seen her before. His eyes zeroed in on Ayush next and they narrowed.

He watched as she hugged Nik and said hi to them all and sat down. She introduced Ayush to them.

''Where's Geet?'', she asked animatedly.

''She's got a headache,'' answered Mayank and Sid immediately in unison.

''O ' k,'' said Raina, with an awkward smile.

Ayush, Nik and Raina started discussing the experiment.

Sid was watching Raina and Ayush's interaction. He was glaring at him, something that didn't go unnoticed by Mayank. Sid, got up to get another drink. When he returned, they were still discussing, and Mayank was still doodling. He decided to butt in.

''So Ayush where are u from?''

''Err Sid, he's from our college.'', Raina answered '' We study psychology, together.'' She gave him a what-is-wrong-with-you, look.

That irritated him more.

''So ur into psycho,'' he said sneeringly, making it look like he was cracking a joke.

''Yeah'', Ayush answered '' Haven't seen u around man'', he said to Sid, referring to the Psychology lectures.

''That's probably because you don't hang with the  cool gang, Ayush,'' Sid replied challengingly, his haunches up.

It was getting uncomfortable, and Raina was looking mad, so Nik stood up and asked her to join him on the floor.

Raina looked relieved and got up , gladly. Ayush left, to get a drink.

They salsa-ed with ease and laughed, enjoying themselves.

Nik twirled her and lifted her with ease. After the song changed they called the others to join them. Mayank stayed put, as did Sid, making a sulky face. Ayush joined them - it was either that or face Sid's glares.

After a while Nik, left the two to dance, while he went to the bar. He was unable to get rid of his guilt. Dancing and laughing with Raina was one thing, but he was unable to get Geet out of his mind. He was worried about her, but he had a distinct impression that Sid and Mayank were worried even more. Still, their answer to Raina made him think they knew what was up with her and why she was missing. All the dots connected him to one common factor. Naanima!! He had got his answer to how she had known about him.

He sat mulling over Geet and how he was to approach her when they next met. A guy came and sat on the bar stool next to him. He looked at him and smiled.

The guy raised his drink at him and said, ''Hi, I'm Vicky.''

''Nik', he replied.

''New here?''

''Yeah ' you frequent this place?''

''Yeah. Umm, I saw u dance. You dance quite well. ''

''Thanks. It's my passion.''

''That makes two of u'', replied Vicky. 'Look I'll cut to the chase here. I saw you dancing back there. The reason I'm talking to you is that I'm starting a dance company. It's a troupe that'll showcase talent as well as teach dance. So it's like a job offer. I think you've got talent and you should share it. What say?''

Nik looked interested. ''So are you offering me a job.??'', he repeated.

''Yeah you can think of it like that. But it'll be only after business starts picking up. It'll be like we're performers for the first few months.''

''Yes. I'd love to.''

''Great, here's my card,'' said Vicky, all smiles, now.

''Thanks, I'll give you a call.''

Precap:

'No way, Siddhant Arora doesn't fall for Geeks.', he told himself.

He wasn't into her...but that was until he saw a pink tongue flick out and lick the lollypop.

Chapter 13

lollipop lollipop, Can I be that lollipop?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mechantefille thumbnail

Chapter 13

Lollipop, Lollipop,

Can I be that lollypop??

Sid was not having a good time. He had been very happy with himself, till Raina had entered the disco...tagging that ape Ayush with her. Having studied with her all his life, he had never considered Raina worth any attention. But off late, she had been toggling his mind vigorously. Not only had she shown a humane side to her strict demeanour, but ever since they had started dancing, he had seen how intelligent and sweet natured she was.

And now, this evening, when he least expected it, she had shown up in that new avatar. It had hit him in the gut. He had never expected a sexy side to Raina. He was having a hard time taking his eyes off her.

Mayank was busy sketching things in random, and Sid was identifying what each picture was. It was an old game that the trio used to play. Mayank would sketch random objects or parts of an object and Geet and Sid would identify what part it was , with their surroundings. But, his attention was taken up by Sid's absurd behaviour.

Mayank was watching Sid turn grumpier by the minute. He  watched him as he glared at Raina and Ayush, while they danced. Sid was so busy being annoyed with them, that he didn't even realize that Mayank was staring at him, amused!

Raina and Ayush finally came back and sat next to them.

Sid shifted away from them, his temper getting the better of him. He looked like he was the least interested, but in reality he was acutely conscious of every movement that Raina made. The way she tilted her head; shifted her hair to the front of her shoulders, leaving her back exposed; hang her head behind, trying to cool off the sweat that was making her slim throat glow.

Ayush was saying something. His ears pricked up.

''I'll leave, I still have some errands to run. Do you want to wait?; he asked

'No you go ahead. Nik will drop me home.'

Sid turned to see Ayush leave. He wondered why his mood seemed lighter all of a sudden.

''In fact'', he wondered, ''why had he been grumpy after all?''

He tried to ignore that and be nicer.

''Raenz, do u want a drink?''

She shook her head. ''No, I'm not in the mood''

She lifted one leg to cross the other one. Sid couldn't stop staring at it. It was sleek and shiny and her feet  had shocking pink nail polish on it, which seemed to be doing funny things to his throat. He swallowed after a lot of effort.

He realized he was staring and mentally shook himself.

Sid, what are you doing. Tu pagal hain, Raina ko lech(letch)  kar rahah hain...dude she's a geek man.

Raina had opened her bag and pulled out a big flat lollipop. 

Sid looked at it and smirked to himself. Which sane sexy girl did that, he asked himself. 

'No way, Siddhant Arora doesn't fall for Geeks.', he told himself.

He wasn't into her, he said to himself again...but that was until he saw her pink tongue flick out and lick the lollypop lazily. It swiped across it and disappeared.

Sid caught all of it and all sort of rational thought seemed to dissolve.

Mayank watched , as Sid's eyes flicked from Raina's legs to her back, to her mouth with a wistful expression. Any person looking at him would have thought that he wanted to be that lollipop.

It was time to distract him and give him a reality check,  before he made a fool of himself. Mayank quickly sketched a picture and asked Sid to link it.

Sid took one glance at it and absentmindedly opened his mouth to say, ''Raina's legs''...but caught himself right before the words popped out of his mouth, realizing what he saw.

He turned furiously to look at Mayank, who was shaking with laughter.

His glare stopped Mayank's laughter, but he gave him a questioning look

Hope you liked the update. Just a short one. 

Khurana's next!

cheers

Amruta

mechantefille thumbnail
Hey guys - 

character sketch updated on page one. The pics are only as I visualize it. 

I know many aren't interested as it's not a Maneet FF yet...but hang in there.

2 updates today...hope u like them
mechantefille thumbnail

Chapter 14

Brothers and Sister

Vicky had had a very confusing conversation with Sneha. She had dumped him, but made it seem like it was all her fault. But he was not in the least upset about it.

His conversation with Nik had left him in high spirits. It was not the booze, of that he was sure. He knew having Nik as part of the team, was an added bonus.

Maan signalled to Vicky that he was leaving. Vicky got up and went to him. They decided to let the driver pick up Vicky's car, n he travelled with Maan.

They travelled in silence, until Vicky broke it,

''So bhai, what had Sneha done that she had to dump me??'', he asked with a knowing look.

Maan smiled. His younger brother knew him too well. He didn't reply though.

''Anyway, thanks bro. '' Vicky smiled.

''You're not angry ?'', Maan questioned.

''No. I trust you,'' came the quick reply.

On reaching home Daadi informed them, that Annie's new boyfriend, was in her room with her.

They looked at each other smiling with impish delight. Both rushed to Annie's room.

A guy sat with Annie on the couch, deep in discussion. She seemed to be listening politely to whatever he was talking about. He had a phone in his hand and he seemed to be explaining something to her.

Maan knocked on the open door and peeped in.

On seeing Maan, her expression turned to one of annoyance. She knew why he had come.

''Yes, bhai?'', she asked, her tone complimenting her expression.

Before Maan could say anything, Vicky came rushing behind him and bumped into him.  Annie rolled her eyes.

''Yes Vicky, what is it?'', she asked impatiently.

''Oh Annie you have a guest?? I didn't know.'' He said, faking surprise.

She walked to them and spoke in a furious whisper, ''Please, just go out NOW, ok.''

''Err, Annie, what's the hurry. Actually, I wanted your laptop.'' said Vicky loudly, not taking his eyes off the visitor.

The guy stood up and smiled, self importantly . He was dressed in a formal shirt with dark trousers; his hair parted neatly to one side. He entire body language said ''pompous''.

Vicky pushed past Annie, walked into the room and introduced himself.

''Hi, I'm Annie's brother, Vicky. That's our older brother Maan. You are?''

Annie spoke up, '''Guys, this is Nitin. He's my classmate. Nitin, my brothers. They're just about to leave'', she emphasized..

''Hi, dudes'', he said, enthusiastically and walked to shake their hands in turn.

''Please sit. Don't go on my account,'' he said affectedly. ''let's get acquainted.''

Vicky sat down enthusiastically. Annie groaned inwardly, making gestures from behind Nitin's back for them to leave. Maan remained near the door watching the guy, his face betraying nothing.

They remained in the room for the next 15 minutes, in which nobody, but Nitin spoke; Annie fumed at her brothers, Vicky smiled wickedly, and Maan observed.

When they couldn't take it anymore, Maan and Vicky got up, minus the laptop; and left...Annie heaved a sigh of relief and made an angry - annoyed face at their nefarious smiles.

Once they reached Maan's room, they let out shouts of laughter...

''That guy...shit mujhe laga mere kaan gir jaayenge.''

''Really?  I liked him..''Said Maan, with a serious expression.

Vicky laughed louder.

''Damn...she'll dump him in 2 weeks. Itni der woh usse jhel nahi payegi.''

'' No...I don't think so?''

Vicky scoffed. 'Really?'', he asked, his eyebrows, cocked. ''I bet you Rs.500 bhai, 2 weeks and he'll be dumped.''

Maan smirked.

''Make that a Rs.1000 and 2 days.''

''You're on !!'' grinned Vicky.

mechantefille thumbnail

Chapter 15 ' Commencing anew.

The events of the previous day had made a grave bearing on Geet's mind. And it had been a long time coming. Over the years after her mother's death, many people had tried to convince her to dance. Many had consoled her and pacified her - Nani being the most frequent. Only Mayank and Sid had been the passive ones, who had let her be ' be what she wanted to be. And so they had become the support system...the ones she turned to, to be herself. They had never been that close when her mother had been alive; she'd had her mum then. Neither had they ever discussed her mother's death with her. They had just accepted her through the changes she underwent. Now in retrospect, she realized that being herself and not facing her demons then, had made her impassive, to what she was becoming...how she had been feeling. Running in life, one day at a time. Unable to get rid of the past or confront it.

The confession she had made to Nik, was in truth, a confession to herself. She had known it all along. But now, the words were out in the open and she had to accept it. She had to accept that her mom ' her best friend, her confidante, wasn't coming back, but she ' Geet had to move on in life. Live!! Live life because there was no brining back those 8 years, that had been drowned in anguish and guilt.

It's true mom had left, but she had always shared the dream with Geet...the true dreamer, her partner in crime; visualizing the beauty of the art, the comfort they found in it. The way they expressed themselves. Could she really let it go? Had she let it go? She thought back to all the moments she had shared with her...they were fresh as if they had just happened the night before. She had never let herself dwell on memories of her mother. She had always tried to be in control, never let than dam of emotions flood. Always appearing tough.

They came now in a flood ' flowing through her, filling her up with a strange peace. She had cried through the night and now, she thought, there was no room for tears to spill.

The world seemed to grieve with her as the skies clouded, blocking out the blazing sunlight. Thunder mumbled sympathetically as she walked out to the door open terrace, of her parent's room.  It was the place where they had plotted the moves, laughed at Geet's crazy antics, eaten ice-cream and jelly to celebrate her performances.

She opened her mum's cupboard. Her scent was still there. She had never allowed her father to get rid of her mother's things. Neither had he ever tried to. She buried her head in her mother's favourite kurta ' now yellowed and faded with age. It smelled of her and brought back more memories. She hugged it and rested her head on the door. On impulse, she pulled it over her vest. It comforted her ' cocooned her, in the love she felt gather around her.

A soft wind blew through the terrace door, swirling the curtains outwards. It was drizzling now; the water beating a melody out on the mosaic floor. It pulled her out into the rain. The cool in the atmosphere, calmed her, elevating her  spirit. The water drenched her, becoming one with her. She spread her hands out ' her body acknowledging the acquiescence of her mind with the world. She knew it. It was time to embrace her life. She was tired of fighting it...

And the moment she accepted it, she felt the weight lift from her shoulders. She felt the wind elevate her like a bird, flying; unbound!

Expressing it the only way she could, she spun in the rain, spreading her hands out, jumping and leaping, laughing, giving way to the emotions she had pent up for so many years.

A movement by the door stopped her short. She turned to see her father staring at her, tears in his eyes. She stared back at him. It was clear he couldn't believe what he saw in front of him. It brought back images of Rano dancing in the rain, way before Geet was born. The tears spilled as his feet moved in their own accord. Their journeys had been similar in the past 8 years.

Geet smiled, seeing him. She wiped his tears.

''I miss her too, beta,'' he said, gauging her mind. ''And I'm sorry for not being around.'' He smiled back through her tears. ''She'd have been so thrilled to see you like this.'' His voice broke.

It was all he needed to say, for Geet to forgive him. He hugged her. Tears, that she didn't know were left in her, spilled as they cried together, grieving for probably the 1st time ' as father-daughter.

There was a promise in the air. A promise to not brush the reality under the carpet, to be there for each other. To start all over. 

Just a short one today...another longer one tomo hopefully. 

What do you guys think...koi apne opinions batao naa!!
res ready then comment 
:D
mechantefille thumbnail
Chapter 16 - Of BFs and BFFs.

Nik was in for a shock when he reached college. He, Sid and Mayank had decided to reach together in order to work on their dance routine and decide the order of events. But when he asked the peon for the keys of the classroom, he told the shocked trio that Geet had already taken them.

On reaching the class, they head the music on loud, with Geet in the middle of the class, facing the large windows, using them for a mirror to check on her moves. She was engrossed in the music and the steps and didn't notice them. They watched her dance the unfinished routine, practicing with renewed vigour. Her very expression was proof enough of the change in her. In the last two days, much  had happened...the product of it was in Geet's dancing.

Joy emanated from her as she moved, non-stop till she got each and every step right. Eventually she had to stop, as the routine was not complete...but that didn't stop her, as she tried to figure out what could possibly complement it; she tried different steps...concentrating on it completely...biting  on her lower lip.

Nik was pulled towards her as he watched the steps she tried out.

''Do that last one again.'' he blurted out.

She turned blushing in surprise, to see Nik watching her, with Mayank and Sid making up the background, one glowing, while the other in tears.

''Sid, tu ro kyun raha hain?'' she asked.

''Ro kaun rahah hain...mere aankh main kuch chala gaya, ok,'' he said defensively.

Mayank smilingly punched his arm. They sat, waiting for them to start.

Geet did the step again...as Nik followed her...it was a good step in succession to the previous ones and they worked together...It was afternoon, by the time the entire routine was completed. Working together had made it less work. And Geet's inputs had given it a different flavour.

The four of them seemed pleased with the work. Neither of them discussed the change in Geet's behaviour...nor was there any need to.

Sid and Mayank, had been informed by Nanima, of how pleased Mohinder he had been about Geet's return to dance, and their subsequent patch-up. She was all praise for Nik...something the boys were too. They refrained from saying it though and let everything continue as normal. It was the 1st step to a positive change...they didn't want to jinx it.

Over the next few days, the 5, Nik, Geet, Sid, Raina and Mayank, became inseparable. The annual event being one of the biggest events of the year, was daunting enough for them to put all their energies together and make sure it was a success. They spent every waking moment together; planning, dancing, eating, playing and yapping; fighting and then making up.

A camaraderie had sprung up between Nik and the trio, especially Geet. Geet would often pick up Mayank and at times Nik, leaving Sid to pick up Raina.

Raina and Geet were still not as comfortable with each other, though they did interact a lot. Mayank had informed Geet in detail about Sid's behaviour over Raina and his denial about his feelings for her. Geet had been tickled pink, and had observed Sid on various occasions, only to be convinced of it. She had then made an extra effort to get to know Raina, despite being acquainted with her since school. She liked her, but she hadn't warmed to her yet.

With Nik however, she argued and fought, and talked about everything under the sun. He had become possessive about her, but he never showed it...knowing her ego. A new part of her personality was revealed...as she became more friendly, caring and free. He saw the mischievous side of her, in her pranks and her jokes ' constantly cracking the others up. She tried as unobtrusively as possible, get Raenz and Sid together. She went out of her way to help out the others. It warmed him, to see her laugh and dance, treat him like one of the buddies. She inspired him...he was falling for her hard. And he knew there was nothing he was able to do about it.  Neither did he want to.

He hadn't forgotten about Vicky's job offer. He had told the other 4 about it, but the programme rehearsals had not given him time to go and meet Vicky.

Mayank, on his part had pulled out all stops when it came to the creation of the stage for the programme and the decoration. His creative genius took flight as he created masterpieces. Sid and Geet were the only ones who had known about his love for art...whether it was in the hand painted and designed T-shirts he made for them, or the boots he designed for himself...a trend followed closely, by the college wannabes; or the games he invented, with his sketches...''Link It'', being one of them.

His themes for the programme left Nik and Raina in awe of him. He wanted everything done to perfection, making him wait till late evening in college as the programme drew nearer. The other 4 loyally waited for him in college, chatting or helping or even studying ' in Nik and Raina's case. They often chatted about their subjects, while waiting for Sid and Mayank to return,  discussing psychology and philosophy, leaving a bored Geet to fall asleep on Nik's shoulder. He always made her sleep on his lap, with his bag for a pillow, and then continuing the discussion. She would wake up the next day in her own bed, later realizing that one of the boys had probably driven her home in her jeep; and dropped her off in her bed...and Nanima always confirmed it.

There were days when they stayed working so late that they shacked up overnight at Nik's flat, working on backdrops, impromptu tests, dance rehearsals, and take outs. Other days, they partied in one disco or the other (Sid and Geet drinking but never dancing), or landed up at Geet's home for dinner. Nik and Raina had been welcomed affectionately into the fold, by Nanima.

The month rolled by with ease. It was time for the annual programme before they knew it.

A week was left to go for the show. The teachers had conceded to the students' demands and given them time off from lectures in order to prepares and rehearse for the show. The entire college was working full swing to make the show a success. Thanks to Geet, Mayank and Sid, 90% of the college was attending. The principal was pleased. Geet had always been his favourite, but he had never let her know that. His decision of forcing her to dance had been good.    

The gang met every day, prepping, practising, overseeing the minor details. Checking to see if the other performers had everything in place. One the fourth day before the show, Nik didn't show up at all. The other four, each received a text message from him , stating that he won't be showing up that day, but he would come the day after. When they  tried calling him, his phone was off. A worried Geet, jumped in her jeep and raced to his flat, wondering if he was ill. However a locked door was all she found. She returned to college and spent the entire day moping around, trying his phone and missing him.

Geet liked Nik. In fact she knew she was falling for him. She was never jealous of his friendship with Raina. He looked at her differently. He knew that her friendship with Sid and Mayank was just that ' friendship. She also knew that he liked her. But he hadn't said anything to her as yet.

But where was he??? It was not like him. She knew they were close enough, that he could tell her where he was; damn he told her about the silliest of things, then why not this? She couldn't get through to him, at all.

The next morning, he was there early. Ready to practice.

Geet pounced on him the moment she saw him.

''Where were you, Nik? Pata hain tujhe kitna call kiya.''

The others looked at him expectantly. He saw them look at him. He shrugged, ''Kuch important kaam tha yaar''.

''Kya kaam,'' she asked frowning.

''Personal kaam yaar', he said emphatically.

''Aur woh kya tha??'' She repeated.

''Kyun, tune mujhe miss kiya?'', he said winking at her, trying not to let on, that he was changing the subject.

''Nik, don't try to change the subject. Where were you?'' she persisted, irritation making her voice loud.

''Arre, Geet, meri date thi...samjha kar'', he smiled, cheekily.

She stared at him in shock for a minute, then narrowed her eyes, and said,'' Tu jhoot nol raha hain!!''

Nik cursed inwardly. She could see through him...he feigned anger and said rudely,'' Agar pata hain toh poonch kyun rahi hain?''

Geet was taken aback by his rude tone. Anger bubbled up inside her immediately. She walked away from him, not looking at him even once. The entire day she didn't look at him nor speak to him. Nik tried talking to her, but it was of no use.

Sid and Mayank, kept their distance and advised Nik to do so too. They knew better than to mess with Geet when she was angry.

There wasn't much to do and Geet insisted they go clubbing, ''to get drunk''... A group of other students who normally made up their entourage, came along with them. Nik wasn't very comfortable with them; something about them, instinctively told him they were no good. Still, he decided to stay shut and go with the flow.

The place they chose was a dingy, shady looking thing, which seemed to be a usual with the entourage. It was crowded and had dim lights, the dance floor being full already. Trance music was blaring out and it was full of a dubious kind of smoke, putting Nik in doubt about the kind of people that frequented the place.

They found seats near the bar...the gang taking up most of the place. Geet was sulking, Mayank was lost in thought, Sid was in protective mode, keeping the guys off Raina, and Nik was observing Geet, down drinks in quick succession.

The rest of the boys were becoming unruly and loud under the effects of booze. A game of dares started up...from the looks of it, it seemed like a ritual. A shady looking guy came up and started chatting up one of the boys in the entourage, and ended up getting introduced to all the others. His friend took his cigarette and blew out puffs of smoke. Geet coughed at the smoke and asked him to blow his smoke elsewhere.

''Kyun kabhi smoke nahi kiya kya?'', he sneered at her.

Geet being drunk, effectively asked him to shove it up some place...Nik observed the boys' reaction in consternation. He seemed angry, but put on a sweet face and dared Geet to smoke one cigarette. Nik's guard now truly up, looked at Mayank , Raina and Sid for help. By their reactions, it was clear that they too doubted the contents of the cigarette.

It was time for desperate action. Geet seemed confused and hesitated. Raina, fresh with studying the effects of drugs, in that day's psychology chapter, lurched forward to do some damage control.

''Err...is this what you call a dare??'' she gave a shrill laugh, while the guys looked at each other in confusion.

Mr. Cigarette guy looked at her bewildered. Geet in her haze, looked askance at Raina, evidently wondering what she was hinting at.

Raina continued in a high pitched voice, ''A dare is only a dare, when the person doesn't like doing it, or if it's difficult.''

Sid smacked his forehead and looked at Raina, like she had donated her sanity to the Club for Psychotic Morons.. ''Is she trying to help here?!! Or worsen it? Geet hates smoking!'', he thought, in apprehension

''So, I '', she emphasized 'I' and continued,'' dare Geet to dance with Nik, today.'' She tried to smile victoriously, and ended up giving a cheesy grin. She leant towards Geet and smiled and whispered, '...since you're so cheesed off with him''

Geet on her part, looked from a shocked-looking Nik to Mayank's smirking face. That decided it! Nobody laughed at Geet Handa!!

Before Nik could open his mouth to refuse, she had pulled him by his collar, walked to the dance floor, away from the drug filled cigarette. Mayank , Sid and Raina left a collective sigh. They nodded thankfully to Raina. But that was the last of their troubles.

Nik was having a tough time finding room for him and Geet to dance. He tried shouting to her to stop as there was no room. In reply, Geet grabbed his hands and placed them on her waist. She then proceeded to wiggle her hips to the spunky number that the DJ had chosen. Nik's eyes widened in stupor, as he froze in place. Geet Handa...doing a sexy dance?? With him??

He looked to see the other 3 mirroring his expression.

(more coming up in the next update - chapter 17...stay tuned)

So...what do you guys think???

Any comments...plz do comment... 

Cheers

Amruta

Chapter 17 - Fire Burning, Fire burning.

mechantefille thumbnail
Chapter 17- Fire Burning, Fire Burning!!

He looked up to see the other 3 mirroring his expression.

Geet, being completely oblivious to his reaction, continued to dance...moving in whatever way that pleased her...shaking her hips, and wiggling her booty to waving her hands in the air, emphasizing her assets in the moves.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtjRJTxoMVw[/YOUTUBE]

Mayank, Sid, Raina and Nik looked at each other in alarm as Geet's moves started attracting unwelcome attention.

As if on cue, Geet leaned her body on Nik, and slid on him to the floor, making his body react in unwanted ways. She placed her hands on her knees and proceeded to uncoil herself off the floor, pumping her chest in and out a la Katrina Kaif melding it into a popping move...making the eyes of the boys around her, pop out. It was enough to kick the others into action.

Nik, put his hands around her and lifted her off the floor and threw her on his shoulder, while the other 3 guarded them. He hurriedly made his way out of the pub, with Mayank and Raina leading them out, Geet pounding on his back to put her down, and Sid following, making sure nobody came too close.

Geet was unceremoniously dumped on to the passenger seat of her jeep, while Mayank took the driver's seat. She immediately protested, trying to come out of her seat. Nik pushed her back and told her to shut it and stay put. The threatening look on his face was enough to subdue her. Mayank strapped her in and sped away to her home, before she got over the shock, followed by Nik on his bike and Sid and Raina in his car.

By the time they reached home, Geet was fast asleep. Mayank carried her in, while Nik waited for him.

Mayank crashed at Nik's pad, neither speaking. Nik was still stunned at having seen Geet dance. This facet of her had his heart pumping faster. Mayank fell asleep quickly, while Nik was lost in thought about Geet. She was having a drastic effect on him. One he couldn't control...he was in over his head. There was never a dull moment with her.

He smiled thinking about her moves...and fell asleep thinking bout them, dreaming of them the night long.

The next day nobody wanted to speak about the night's event. Geet vaguely remembered doing something out of the ordinary...but she was too scared to ask about it to the others in case it was true. The others kept shut about it too...too shocked by her performance. They were thankful to Raina however.

It was a dull day and they waited for the other students to report. Geet was still miffed with Nik for refusing to tell her about his whereabouts on the day he was missing.

Sid utterly bored suggested they play and game. Everyone came up with one game, only to be rejected by the others.

''Ok,'' said Nik,'' Let's all tell one secret, about ourselves that nobody knows''

Sid sat up, with a sceptical look. He thought for a minute, then agreed.

Mayank looked passive, as did Raina...Geet had to agree since the others were in.

''Gr8'', said Nik, ''Raina, you wanna start?''

''Ummm, ok,'' she said nervously,'' I don't think I'm going to be around next year. Dad's trying for me to study abroad...I wanna study psychology in depth...he wants me to go and I wanna go too.''

Sid looked like a bomb had dropped on his head. He stared at her, no coherent thought running through his mind.  She looked at him and smiled. He looked away, trying to look unaffected.

''Geet??''

''I like singing. Even though I don't sing well. I love singing...but I only do that when I'm alone''

Sid and Mayank burst out laughing, and High-fived each other. Geet looked at them in confusion.

''Geet, jhalli...tu har waqt gaati hain...especailly jab tu talli hoti hain'', Mayank explained (you always sing when you drunk)

''Aur tu achcha NAHI gaati , ok,'' laughed Sid, poking her in the side.(And you NOT good)

Geet blushed and threw her bag at him.

''Ok, ok, so Sid, tera koi secret bata'', she said changing tack

''Ummm, I love cooking. I never ever told u guys, cuz...u know...goes against the image.'' He said flexing his biceps.

''What the ...''. shouted Geet. U mean all that stuff that u used to get for us to eat was made by you, not ur mum???

Mayank just stared at him amazed, while and Nik and Raina absorbed the information, eyebrows raised.

''Ok ok, don't embarrass me more...Nik, your next.'' said Sid.

Nik, paused for a bit, looked at Geet. She pretended not to be interested.

He cleared his throat and said slowly, ''You know, the day I bunked college..day before yesterday...''

Geet turned her head a fraction. He knew all her attention was on him. He smiled to himself.

''...I wasn't on some super secret work...my uncle had come to town to visit...so I spent the day with him.''

Before he could finish Geet had cut him off with a punch on the arm.

''You idiot...I got all angry for nothing. Gahhh...you such a psycho-idiot you know that.'', she said crossly, then breaking into a grudging smile. Nik smiled to himself...he had done that on purpose to simply gauge her feelings about him. Mission accomplished.

''Ok that leaves Mayank.''

Mayank, breathed in deeply, and looked at all of them.

''Ok I guess it was time to tell u all...I got a scholarship for the California Institue of the Arts. I had sent an application long ago...I got a response a couple of days back. Guess who's going to the USA.'' He hastily raised his hands, not without reason as Geet and Raina rushed to hug him screaming.

The guys clapped him on the back. ''Wow that's fantastic.''

Geet raised her hands and screamed,'' Come on, Parteeeyy...let's get drunk!!'

''LET"S NOT'', said all four in unison.

Geet remembered bits of the previous night and kept quiet immediately.

The day passed in celebration...Sid was a bit subdued, with Raina's bomb.

On their way back, Geet drove Sid and Mayank home, as Nik and Raina had notes to compile.

Sid finally confessed to his love for Raina.

Geet braked the jeep in the middle of the highway...then pulled over and gave Sid a massive hug.

''We already know dude.''

''Do u think we wouldn't catch on?'', Mayank said, matter of factly.

''But she's leaving yaar...''

''Chill abhi time hain. She's not leaving tomorrow...and She doesn't even know where she's going. So relax. ''

Edited by mechantefille - 12 years ago
ambbiha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
hi just came across ur ff
awesome story
add me in ur buddy list
mechantefille thumbnail
Chapter 18 - In My Heart Of Hearts

It was the day of the final performance before they knew it.

The show was beautiful. Sid, blown away by Raina in her sensual silver white outfit, let his feelings for her taking over his moves. It was probably the best performance he could give. The direct product of this was that. Raina was instantly out in the hit list by Sid's followers - it was clear that the only girl for him that night was Raina. The intensity with which he looked in her eyes, made her heart contract. She finally had an inkling about how much he cared for her.

When the time finally came for Nik and Geet to perform, the stage  was set on fire. They outdid everyone else, like a bolt from the blue. Geet was the revelation, who rendered everyone speechless...Her chemistry with Nik, igniting envy across the audience, made the performance even more magnificent. They were synchronized and danced in perfect harmony, mirroring each other, enjoying the feel of the performance with each other.

Their performance was concluded with a thunderous applause and an enthusiastic plea for encores.

The principal was pleased beyond measure. He specially mentioned Mayank's work in his vote of thanks...appreciating his creative work.

The show ended on a perfect note. The group hugged each other, ecstatic about their successes, independent and otherwise. The task was completed...but the results were multi-fold. Something nobody had anticipated, but were happy about nevertheless.

As Nik was leaving, somebody tapped his shoulder. He turned to see a delighted Vicky.

Geet seeing Vicky with Nik, walked to them and gave him a high-five.

''You guys know each other?''. Nik asked in surprise.

''Yeah, our grandmothers know each other. '' Geet replied. She politely made conversation with Vicky, till he decided to come to the point.

''Look, I'll be direct. Geet ' I didn't know you were such a fabulous dancer. Had I known, I'd have probably hounded you earlier.  But, if  Nik has told you, I'm starting a dance troupe cum institute and I want you to join me. What say?''

''Sure. I'd love to Vicky. Nanima didn't say anything about it to me...ah well..anyway. We'll see ya later.''

''Sure. Bye''

Since they had become inseparable, they went everywhere together, after that. They had evolved into kindred psyches, recognizing each other as perfect, to be able to understand each other best.

The exams came and went in a breeze, Each giving in their best; the greed to be in each other's company, goading them into studying. The results were much better, Raina topping again, Sid being the surprise coming out second after her. The others fared pretty well, themselves. Mayank got a good letters of recommendation from the teachers and the principal, and he managed to bag an interview at the college in California. While he was in the States, Sid and Raina accompanied Nik and Geet for their dance practices. Nik and Geet started collaborating with Vicky about the studio, but it was still taking baby steps.

They would practice in Nik's flat, shifting all the furniture to one side, compiling a routine on counts. Raina would sit and watch them, doing her research simultaneously, while Sid sat and watched her. Ayush would spend time helping Raina out, but Sid managed to disrupt their studies...making it clear to him that he was not welcome.

Raina often watched Nik and Geet perform, just to feast her eyes on their dancing moves. She could see the chemistry growing. It was an open secret...yet nobody wanted to talk about it.

As she sat for the nth time listening to her IPod, Raina let her thoughts dwell back on the events of the past few days. Her heart refused to leave Delhi. Her friends being the main reason. She knew that they would have to part sooner or later. But, this was the 1st time in her life that she had made friends...where she was accepted.  Where somebody looked out for her, and she could be there for someone too. She dwelled on everything that had happened in the past one month. It was like something from a YRF buddy bonding film...she couldn't believe it.

And then there was Sid. She couldn't understand him. For a fairly transparent guy, he was being a complete enigma. He treated her very sweetly, was there for her whenever she needed help, shocked her completely with his study skills, but he also kept her friends away from her ' with the exception of Nik, Geet and Mayank; became moody randomly and sulked from time to time.

She could see the change in his from his earlier habits that she had observed from school. He was no longer the Casanova; his caring side was way too obvious. She had begun respecting him a lot.

The song on her IPod changed, but she barely paid attention. Nik and Geet had begun a new routine, using skates ( Geet's brainwave), giving counts on each move. The beats in her song thumped in her head as she watched them count and make steps accordingly. Was it just her or did the song fit their steps perfectly.

The human mind is an enigma, it can multitask without us endeavouring  to work on it. It comprehends the on goings around it, without much effort. Raina observed Nik and Geet dance to the song playing in her head, matching the beats and the moves perfectly. But, this synchronization of song and dance was registered in a crevice in her mind, as the bigger part of her consciousness was focussed on Sid and his erratic behaviour.

Off late he had begun being quiet around her and she had caught him gazing at her, but never saying much. He seemed missing for hours on end, or would keep researching things on his laptop, never showing them what he was up to.

Ever since she had told him about her college of choice, he had become engrossed and distant. She caught him lost in thought, never venturing an explanation in return.

She knew she'd miss him the most, his flamboyant personality making her sojourn in the subsequent course and city seem pale. She came up with the most valid explanations for his behaviour ' ones that made her heart beat faster in anticipation; but she pushed them away as ridiculous.

There were 2 months for Raina's departure, and Sid was not saying much about his future plans. She had barely had a good conversation with Sid in days; which was why she was shocked when he asked to meet her alone.

What shocked her more was when he went down on one knee and proceeded to make the most heartbreakingly wonderful proposal of love to her. She was dazed and her mind kept telling her that it was a trick...but even that couldn't be paid attention to, when she looked in his eyes and saw the yearning in them.

''Raina, say something.''

Survival instinct kicked in as Raina pulled her hand out of his and said bitterly,'' Sid, this is not funny. Please pull these sort of jokes on someone else. I'm not your tithly(butterfly)  for you to flirt with and then get over in a week. So please save it for someone else.''

''I know, I'm probably the last person who deserves to be with you, but you've changed me. You make me want to be a better person, and every time I look at you, I realize how much I need to work on myself to be equal to you. This past month was a dream; I've never seen anybody as beautiful, intelligent and warm as you...Raina??'', he pleaded.

Raina, however walked off, unable to react or face the situation.

Sid returned to Nik's flat and told his tale to a sympathetic Geet and Nik. He brooded there all day, licking his wounds.

The next day, he did the same, lying all day feeling sorry for himself, ignoring the others. When Nik and Geet came to speak to him again, he was about to get up and leave when Raina walked in, her eyes with dark circles around them, looking lost and worn.

She pounced on him immediately.

''Why? Why did you have to wait to tell me this, just a month before I leave the country?? I barely get time with you!!'', she yelled.

In response, he walked up to her, staring into her eyes and lifted her off her feet, crushing her to himself. After what seemed liked ages, he pulled his face out of her hair and gave her an ecstatic grin and smacked her on her lips in front of everyone.

She however pushed him off, her expression still angry. ''Didn't u hear what I said??'', she yelled.

''We'll get time babe. Relax.''

''Sid I'm leaving in a month and a half, i hope you realize th---''

''I'm leaving with you,'' he cut in.

Raina wasn't sure if she had heard right. ''Wha'''?

''I'm taking a chef's course in the same city that you're going to. I can't let you out of my life that easily, babe. I've been working it out ever since you told me of your admission. I figured, that even if u didn't want me as a boyfriend, I'd still be there as a friend till I make you fall in love with me.'', said Sid with a broad smile, evidently pleased with himself.

Raina, stared at him with her mouth open, processing the information that had been passed on to her. Finally, she just leapt into his waiting arms and hugged him, tears falling from her eyes.

Chapter 19 - Intoxication - Below!!

...Geet stopped and took off her skates, and stepped on to Nik's skated-bound feet, putting her arms around his neck, never taking her eyes off his. 

Nik's throat contracted on seeing the intense expression in her eyes, the bold confidence in them, when she looked at him. 

Sorry guys..hardly any Geet and no Maan again...will update as I get time. Thanks for the love

Amruta