Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

New TB news (Page 2)

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Vrish_

Given the shoddy job they did on the Uttarkand portion of the Ramayan, I can't say I'm looking forward to this.  Besides, Radha is a very insignificant chapter in Krishna's life, compared to his time w/ Rukmini, his wars w/ Jarasandha, Shishupala, Shalva, Narakasura, et al, his story w/ the Swayantaka gem, his involvement w/ the Pandavas and escapades w/ Arjun, his role in the Kurukshetra war and finally, the fracticide of the Yadavas.

Somehow, every serial maker has this plutonic need to only show Krishna in his amorous roles, rather than anything serious Thumbs Down

My other beef is the choice of channel here - Imagine TV, which has screwed just about every serial since the Ramayan, and which I no longer get on my TV, and which I'm about to start boycotting anyway.

Taking out the whole "LuvKush adventures" drama towards the end (as well as some of Ram's over-emotion in the beginning), the Uttarkand of AS Ramayan was actually my favorite part of the whole serial. The characterization of everyone seemed more true to the story, especially's Sita's, and the acting was also really good, but I have to agree with you about NDTV Imagine. So far, Chandragupta Maurya is really good and pretty accurate, but I don't know how long it'll last since NDTV Imagine is last on my list for dependability.

And yes, I'm not liking the Radha vs. Rukmini aspect this serial is planning to have. Both of them were Lakshmi avatars and all, but Radha was not in the story as long as Rukmini like you said, and what are they possibly planning to show to elongate it?Confused I also am much more interested in Krishna's political victories. I especially loved the Jarasandh track in Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna serial, and I would like to see something like that again, with newer technology, not the competitions between Krishna's wives or something.

jaisiyaram Groupbie
jaisiyaram
jaisiyaram

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Personally, I'm not much in favor of this new mytho.Ermm We have three prominent Krishna shows so far (SK, MB, JSK) and two popular Ramayans (RSR, ASR). We really don't need any more shows based on Lord Ram or Lord Krishna. I wish the Sagars would make something on a puranic character that has not come to screen yet. Mahima Shani Dev Ki was a good and creative idea. Why not spend the budget on a God no one has scene or knows little about?

More Krishna Leelas and Ramayans only serve in increasing comparisons and competitions between the shows and their fans. Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this show turns out.

I agree to what you said. And I am sure even the producers who are cont. working on making new series of Krishna Leela or Ramayan must be aware of this. May be they are getting good trps or new customers in the form of young generation, and they are doing this. 

But I personally believe that instead of going with more krishna leela or ramayan katha, one should go with small series on Urmila, Indra Dev, Laxman, Bharat, Balram, Bhim, Arjun, Mandodari even ravan. They may have something which was never covered specifically.. something called "beyond ram!" ... forgive me shri ram, there is nothing beyond you.. just talking about tv serials :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish...RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jaisiyaram

Personally, I'm not much in favor of this new mytho.Ermm We have three prominent Krishna shows so far (SK, MB, JSK) and two popular Ramayans (RSR, ASR). We really don't need any more shows based on Lord Ram or Lord Krishna. I wish the Sagars would make something on a puranic character that has not come to screen yet. Mahima Shani Dev Ki was a good and creative idea. Why not spend the budget on a God no one has scene or knows little about?

More Krishna Leelas and Ramayans only serve in increasing comparisons and competitions between the shows and their fans. Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this show turns out.

I agree to what you said. And I am sure even the producers who are cont. working on making new series of Krishna Leela or Ramayan must be aware of this. May be they are getting good trps or new customers in the form of young generation, and they are doing this. 

But I personally believe that instead of going with more krishna leela or ramayan katha, one should go with small series on Urmila, Indra Dev, Laxman, Bharat, Balram, Bhim, Arjun, Mandodari even ravan. They may have something which was never covered specifically.. something called "beyond ram!" ... forgive me shri ram, there is nothing beyond you.. just talking about tv serials :)

Oooh, a serial on Urmila would be amazing! But you know, I guess directors don't do that because there's not much info on her even in the epic. They would have to make up a lot of stuff...but they could do something like a mini-series on the lesser mentioned characters, like Urmila, Mandavi, Shrutakirti, etc, and dedicated about 10-15 episodes for each one. They could also do the latter wives of Shri Krishna, like Jambavathi and 4-8, since we know a lot about Rukmini and Satyabhama but not much about the others.

Of course, none of us mean offense to Ram and Krishna, but like I wrote earlier, we have plenty of good serials on Ram and Krishna that it's just not necessary to make more, especially since it has not been long since AS Ramayan and JSK ended. Why not give it at least 10-15 years before directing more, and that too if they really want to?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jaisiyaram

jaisiyaram Groupbie
jaisiyaram
jaisiyaram

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:14pm | IP Logged

Oooh, a serial on Urmila would be amazing! But you know, I guess directors don't do that because there's not much info on her even in the epic. They would have to make up a lot of stuff...but they could do something like a mini-series on the lesser mentioned characters, like Urmila, Mandavi, Shrutakirti, etc, and dedicated about 10-15 episodes for each one. They could also do the latter wives of Shri Krishna, like Jambavathi and 4-8, since we know a lot about Rukmini and Satyabhama but not much about the others.

Of course, none of us mean offense to Ram and Krishna, but like I wrote earlier, we have plenty of good serials on Ram and Krishna that it's just not necessary to make more, especially since it has not been long since AS Ramayan and JSK ended. Why not give it at least 10-15 years before directing more, and that too if they really want to?

Yes so true.. I meant the same .. a series having 5 episodes on Urmila, 5 on Bharat, 5 on Parikshit, 5 on bhim, 5 on Bhisma and so on.. I know there is not much information available on planet but that's what they have to do.. they have to research!

Now even you and me can draft a script of ramayan or shri krishna (ofcourse with the help of google and purans available to us ).. so this is actually easy but doing good research on untouched characters will lead to more success and will spread more spirituality..

I am sure this will let producers too earn more instead of using same script ;) for example jodha-akbar :) we have gone through so many stories about akbar but the moment ashutosh govrikar presented a fresh story, that was big hit! 

It will keep our interest alive and this would be win-win situation for all... else I am bit worried about the new topics we need on I-F to discuss about mythology :( I don't want to to move to other part of this forum talking about deepika and sonakshi ;)

Jokes Apart.. I agree to whatever you said .. and whatever I said :)

Edited by jaisiyaram - 10 May 2011 at 5:07pm
lakshmi42 IF-Dazzler
lakshmi42
lakshmi42

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
A serial which focus on the lonely life of Urmila would also be a good option. How she spend her life without Lakshman was never portrayed in any Ramayn. They have always sidelined the most important character. I would like to see something on the life of Urmila.
.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 10:05pm | IP Logged
They needn't do serials on Urmila as such.  Instead, on a template similar to Shani Dev, they can do episodes centered around a different character every week.  Urmila can have a couple of episodes, Shatrughan a few, same w/ Mandodari.  This would be the ideal serial for Imagine TV: since the channel is unpredictable and may put pressure on a serial to end anytime to make way for their reality shows, such a serial comprising short stories would be perfect in that the Sagars can pull the plug on it anytime, and resume anytime Imagine wants - maybe spun under a different name.

Ravan is already the subject of more than one serial, and is too big to be a part of any serial, just like Rama is. 

Bhima and Arjun could be like Shani Dev itself - each having different adventures that can be shown every week.  Eg one episode can cover how Bhima met the Nagas after being poisoned by Duryodhan, another can cover the killing of Hidimba, another Bakasura, another Kirmira, his killing of Keechaka, and of course, include his Kurukshetra battles as well.  Show him killing Dushashan and Duryodhan, as well as his defeating Drona on day 14.  Oh, and on day 15, show him defying the Narayan astra.  Yeah, a serial on Bhima (including his gluttony LOL maybe combined w/ a serial on Arjun's adventures (w/ Krishna, and including all his marriages) to make for an interesting mini-serial that lasts as long as Shani Dev.

Krishna's life would be huge, but if someone made it (I don't want it to be Sagars), it would run as long as Shani Dev has run.  They can include his childhood up to the killing of Kansa (don't show too much of Radha), then his schooling w/ Sudama and including the story of how he later welcomed Sudama w/ complete hospitality, his battles w/ Jarasandha and how he shifted the Yadavas from Mathura to Dwaraka, his escape w/ Rukmini and battle w/ Rukmi and his subsequent marriage to Rukmini, the story of the Swayamtaka gem and his marriages to Jambavati & Satyabhama, Krishna's adventures w/ Arjun like during the building of Khandavprastha and support for Arjun in marrying Subhadra, the birth and kidnapping of Pradhyumna and Pradhyumna's killing years later of Shambara (maybe after Pradhyumna's kidnapping, show other events like Krishna's killing of Narakasura and Shishupala conducting raids on Krishna's supporters, Krishna's wars w/ Purandara Vasudeva and the ruler of Kashi), Pradhyumna's return, Krishna's killing @ the Rajasuya yagna of Shishupala, his war w/ Shalva & Dantavakra, his saving Draupadi from being disrobed, his visit to the Pandavas, his supporting Subhadra in raising Abhimanyu & Draupadi's children, Balaram's rescue of Samba from the Kauravas and Samba's marriage to Lakshmanaa, Krishna's splitting his support b/w Duryodhan & Arjun, his activities during the war (show all 18 days), his resurrection of Parikshit and role in the Ashwamedha yagna, his war w/ Banasura and Usha's marriage to Anirudha, and finally, the end of the Yadavs.  Such a serial could last 3-4 years.

I didn't like how BRC showed Krishna's war w/ Jarasandha & Rukmi - it was nowhere near as simple.  Jarasandha made 17 attempts to destroy the Yadavas in war, but failed, but Krishna too wanted  to get to a place where his people could live in peace, and therefore moved to Dwaraka.  In the serial, they showed him sending the sudarshan chakra to the sky blinding everybody in the enemy side, and enabling Krisha's forces to do a massacre of the enemy.  Such a method was against the kshatriya code of conduct, and something Krishna never did.  He was an archer during these wars, and rarely used his discus.  Also, Ugrasena & Vasudev never fought in wars, as they showed here.  In all of the wars fought in the defense of the Yadavas, it was primarily Krishna, Balaram, and later Satyaki, Kritavarma and others who fought.  I sure hope that if they do a serial on Krishna, they don't show every battle of his w/ the discus - he used his other weapons as well.  When he beheaded the ruler of Kashi, he did so w/ an arrow that took that king's head to the gates of his city, inviting his son to do an yagna to invoke a monster who was unleashed against him, but Krishna used his discus there to go after her and she destroyed the new ruler and his kingdom b4 being destroyed herself.

Edited by _Vrish_ - 10 May 2011 at 11:15pm
.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 2:22am | IP Logged
Suddenly, Imagine is showing promos of Balkand.  Wonder what gives?  Why again, and why now, when they are busy aborting both their good shows?

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 3:12am | IP Logged
@Vrish,

This is why they are showing the promos again...

Re-packaged Ramayan on Imagine from May 16th..

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 | 2:22:21 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 5 Comments
Re-packaged Ramayan on Imagine from May 16th..

Imagine to have a re-run of its popular flagship show, Ramayan...

Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee hit a 'green patch' playing Lord Ram and Sita in Imagine's popular flagship show, Ramayan.

Ramayan had a loyal set of viewers and was showered with good ratings till the very end.

Wondering why we are going down the memory lane? Well, that is because the channel has brought back the successful show on air again.

A little birdie tells us, "Come May 16th, Ramayan will be aired on Imagine at the early evening slot of 7-8 pm, from Monday to Thursday. The whole series has been repackaged by the channel to add freshness; there will be lot many new songs added in the new version of the show".

For the uninitiated, the channel was airing shows like Rakt Sambandh and Armanon ka Balidaan in the 7-8 pm slot. With both the shows getting axed, Ramayan will take the slot now. Guess this is a very good idea to bring in the loyal viewers of Ramayan back!!

Let the Magic be recreated..

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 11 May 2011 at 6:10am

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index