India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Symbolism in pictures - Maaneet's bicycle ride

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:24am | IP Logged

I had earlier made a post on the symbolism of the cycle. The link to that post is here: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1652615

Here I am extending that symbolism to Maaneet's bicycle ride.

Geet is seated on the middle bar of the cycle, indicating that she is the adventurous one in their relationship. Her zest for living is infectious and gets Maan to open up.  Maan is seated right behind her to ensure that he is there to catch her if she loses her balance; as he is seated on the cycle seat which is more stable, he is in a better position to do so.

Geet holding the handle bar indicates that Maan has given her the right to steer their married life. For a man who has a king size ego, this is a huge step.  Handle bars not only help in steering the bike but also provide a mount point for the brakes.  So if, while cruising along, brakes have to be applied at any point to protect their marriage from speeding off course, it would be Geet who will be taking that decision since the handle bar is held by her.  From the manner in which Geet is holding the handle bar (with hands in a criss-cross position), I infer that she will have her own innovative way of steering their lives.

Now coming to Maan, although Geet is steering the cycle, Maan is the one who is peddling.  This shows that Maan will be the driving force in their marriage. He will willingly take on all the hardships that come with it. While his legs are ensuring that their cycle is in motion, his hands are holding his wife.  This again reiterates the earlier point I made that should she falter and lose her balance, as she is precariously seated on the cycle's middle bar, he is there to support her.  

Coming to the positioning of his hands.  His left hand is placed on her left side, right below her heart. This can be interpreted to mean that Maan will  always remain  the keeper of her heart. His right hand is holding her left hand. Now DD, and hence Geet, is left handed and so her stronger hand would be her left hand. For Maan his stronger hand is his right hand. By placing his strong hand with her strong hand, Maan is strengthening their marriage bond.  

There can be another interpretation for the hand holding. It is a well known fact that the right hemisphere of the brain controls the left side and the left hemisphere of the brain controls the right side. The right brain is the more creative and emotional hemisphere of the brain and the left, the more analytical and judgemental hemisphere. Between the two of them, Geet is the more creative and emotional person and Maan is the more analytical and judgemental person. In other words, Geet's right brain is more developed than Maan's and Maan's left brain in more developed than Geet's. By placing one hand on her left side, Maan is indicating that he is entrusting his creative and emotional well being in her care.  Since his analytical and judgemental abilities are better than Geet's, he crosses his other hand over her right hand before holding her left hand, to indicate taking control of her right side, which is weaker for her. 

To sum up, Maan and Geet will step up for each other in the areas their spouses are deficient in.  They will complement and complete each other so that both the hemispheres of their brains are used optimally.  

Edited by Opti - 10 May 2011 at 5:29am

The following 63 member(s) liked the above post:

snehag10deedyaartiskcoffeeBeanssky_86maageeTulsi ranishachifan4ariz2000lailapnjcoasta_70crazyballhadahJaanbuntybostanianlemongrasstbpsgd3hhlPGirn-Trinity-roselitulip132MounchyRoshiniManeetlatekateLadyArwenkamnaChaudhrytmmasinanks_amskasuforever2009-Deepzz-heermeherNewdimeHot_Indo_Chillyhegdemedhasangeeta9211amzu32shinusmeravigilisogshow2011adoremevirgopanchjun5Echoesofpassionaanyakunat-Yaz-Preethi-Premijyoti06pennumysteriousmillit_areebSerendipity..Mehek25XSilentPrayersX-Kash-Fallen Angel-Gemini-.Kiran.Soapoperasrfunroseinbloomhopehotabinash079dewdropredInfinitedreams

mechantefille IF-Rockerz
mechantefille
mechantefille

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:36am | IP Logged
Hey Opti, 
been reading you symbolism for ages now...I love them and I love the way you de-construct everything to put it back in a 'Sense'-ible form. 
cheers!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

PGirnlatekatemeravigiliso

hadah Senior Member
hadah
hadah

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:42am | IP Logged
Well done yaar!

Perfect analysis... Nvr thought of this... Haha!

Keep up the good work! Wink
jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:56am | IP Logged
Opti fabulous write-up...Can always trust u to come up with the best of symbolismsClapClapClap

I m sure even CVs r somewhere following this cycle symbolism deeply because first we saw MSK riding a bicycle while chasing Geet in Amritsar ..then we saw the wheel in that 24hrs promo and finally when both r together...we see MSK once again riding a bicycle but this time Geet is also there with himEmbarrassed...he is the driving force here riding the bicycle but balancing act is done by Geet because she holding onto it while MSK is holding Geet with both his handsEmbarrassed...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

panchjun5meravigilisomysteriousmilli

Mehek25 IF-Sizzlerz
Mehek25
Mehek25

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 5:03am | IP Logged
Wow Opti...love to read ur symbolisms...u do it in such a beautiful manner...have been reading them for a long time now and every time I learn something new...Great job dear...love it...
Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 5:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mechantefille

Hey Opti, 
been reading you symbolism for ages now...I love them and I love the way you de-construct everything to put it back in a 'Sense'-ible form. 
cheers!
Thanks. Glad to know that you are following my symbolism posts. 

Edited by Opti - 10 May 2011 at 5:31am
lemongrass Senior Member
lemongrass
lemongrass

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 5:40am | IP Logged
opti.this is outstandingThumbs UpClap.ur posts on symbolisms add an extra dimension to all the scenes...Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Echoesofpassion

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 5:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hadah

Well done yaar!

Perfect analysis... Nvr thought of this... Haha!

Keep up the good work! Wink
Thanks Hadah.

Go to top