Gulaal

India-Forums

Gulaal
Gulaal

Gulaal & Kesar's - 'RED' name defination!

Lennie IF-Stunnerz
Lennie
Lennie

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 3:48am | IP Logged
As far as i know Gulaal means Red, so i thought let me find out what Kesar means since i was having a mango syrup from a tin yesterday and it said Kesar on it, and i thought Mango's dont mean Kesar (well i dont think it does lol)

So i looked it up and this found out it means Saffron, kinda a red colour substance...it has a very strong smell...

Even their names match up in a way Embarrassed they are meant to be Smile

Edited by Lennie - 10 May 2011 at 3:47am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

AnveshaATritukaprithvisharneil92ShellJA-Azy-.vrshn..SidraBinKuchKahe.lostmymusic.*Reemz*

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 3:52am | IP Logged
I'm not 100% sure about their meanings but Gulaal means colour na? And Kesar is used to add flavour/colour right?

But yeh they are both quite similar that way too :P

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ritukaprithvipoppinss.SidraBinKuchKahe.Lennie

sameera_ori Senior Member
sameera_ori
sameera_ori

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 3:56am | IP Logged
Gulaal does not means REDLOL...it means dry colors with which we play on HoliTongue...which is also known as AbirTongue. And Kesar means SaffronTongue...whose color is golden orangeTongue.  Though it was weet of you to try to compare their names as oneTongue. But they are totally different...one is consumed and the other is played with. Tongue
*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 3:56am | IP Logged
^But they're both colours right :P They add colour to whatever they're added to.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

AnveshaATritukaprithvisharneil92BinKuchKahe.Lennie

sameera_ori Senior Member
sameera_ori
sameera_ori

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:02am | IP Logged
First of all iam a die hard Kesar - gulaal fanEmbarrassed and so plzzz dont think that iam against themOuch. But Gulaal is not added to anything for color it is just used for playing or decorating RangoliTongue. And Kesar is saffron which is not just used a s a coloring agent but also as a decoration on food and is also used in Ayurveda for curing certain problems. Tongue. But yes hypothetically both have colorful influence on our lives. LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ritukaprithvisharneil92-Anks-Lennie

Lennie IF-Stunnerz
Lennie
Lennie

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:04am | IP Logged

Gulaal, i probably if i had to say the meaning from the top of my head without looking for the defination i would of just said the 'Colour of Red' actual colour and red LOL

But there is a hint of red in them isnt it LOL esp if you try and suss out the definations on the net, look for it Smile

Edited by Lennie - 10 May 2011 at 4:04am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ritukaprithvi

-Srushti- IF-Sizzlerz
-Srushti-
-Srushti-

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:13am | IP Logged
Lennie..In fact Gulaal's name was to be matched with Vasant because it is in this season we see the color bloom...
but then Kesar is also saffron and both Gulaal and Kesar are used for puja ..they are considered to be basic ingredients along with abeer which is white...Big smile ..So they are matched rightBig smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sharneil92-Azy-Lennie

sharneil92 IF-Dazzler
sharneil92
sharneil92

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Srushti-

Lennie..In fact Gulaal's name was to be matched with Vasant because it is in this season we see the color bloom...
but then Kesar is also saffron and both Gulaal and Kesar are used for puja ..they are considered to be basic ingredients along with abeer which is white...Big smile ..So they are matched rightBig smile

yup, a season, which is exciting, filled with happiness, but short-lived.Embarrassed

yup, pooja, which is a part of daily life. VERY-long term, something that has been carried through the ages. maybe their love story will be said through the coming eras as well.Embarrassed

Edited by shalini92 - 10 May 2011 at 5:22am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ritukaprithvi-Srushti-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index