Chajje Chajje ka Pyaar

Dimpy Dhruni OS 5/11 Part 2

arp04srocks thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
So after the "twist" news i couldnt help but feel for dimpy and so i decided i was going to write an OS based on what i think SHOULD happen, it most likely wont.  but eh i can dream right?  Anyways i started this before i saw today's epi hence the slight discrepancies between what they showed and how i portrayed...but basically its a continuation of what is happening...there is some dhruv and ginny, they are secondary characters though...that doesnt mean they arent in it, just not the main focus...dimpy is...

any ways hope you like it...

siddhima fans i sent this to you just incase you were interested in another story by me...not about that maiiyaji LOL...if you dont watch cckp but want to know the general gist so you can read the story basically to fams live in one house, one owns it the other rent it.  owner and renter dads are besties and decide to marry off the owners eldest daughter (dimpy) to the renters second son (daksh) and turn their friendship into a risthaa...but daksh is powered by the need to make it rich and he is obsessed with his job, but agrees to the marriage as he and dimpy have known each other for years and are friends.  but his psycho boss (lipika) is obsessed with him and wants him...so she cons him and pretends to be all nice and set up the wedding for them, but in the end she offers him money and a career through marrying her (i think) and he ditches dimpy at the altar...thats basically where the story picks up for this OS...

A few days had passed since Daksh hadn't shown up to the mandap.  Dimpy had locked herself in her room and refused to come out.  The only person that even made it passed the doors was Ginny and only to be told that everything was fine.  Even though it was abundantly clear to everyone that (nothing) was fine.  The Tripathis were frantically trying to figure out where Daksh was meanwhile Dhruv and Ginny had a strong idea of what had happened.  Daksh had promised Ginny he was going to go the the "Diyans" house and figure out what she had done.  Ginny curled up behind Dimpy and laid in bed with her offering the only thing she could, her love.

Dimpy couldn't figure out what to do next.  Everything was in pain, everything hurt.  It was weird because before Papa had brought up the rishtaa with Daksh she had never seen him as anything but a friend.  But the pain her heart was feeling right now,  was more pain than the betrayal of a friend would cause.  In just a matter of weeks she had started to let herself fall for Daksh.  She had started weaving dreams for herself...with him.  And now everything she had imagined lay shattered around her and she still didn't even know why.  He had simply not shown up, he hadn't bothered calling nor had he shown up afterwards.  For a second her heart took over and she started to wonder if something had happened, if the reason he hadn't shown up was because he couldn't, not because he didn't want to.

Dhruv looked all over the place for his brother but he was nowhere to be found.  He had even gone to the witch's house but was told she had gone out of town for the weekend.  He instantly knew something shady was up and decided the only way he would find out was to go to the office.  As he went up in the elevator he couldn't stop himself from remembering the hurt etched on Dimpy Bhabi's face, and with each memory his anger grew until he was about to throw a punch the second he saw his brother.  He stepped off the elevator and was immediately shocked at what he saw ahead of him.

The whole house was destroyed, everyone found themselves taking sides.  Some believed that something had happened to Daksh, while others were angered on behalf of Dimpy.  No matter what version of the story they believed one thing was certain everyone was hurt.

Ginny heard her phone ring but was too deep in sleep to acknowledge it.  She simply turned over and fell back asleep.

The next day when Ginny woke she found the bed next to her empty.  It took her a second to realize that that wasn't the norm.  And that she wasn't in her room but in Dimpydi's room.  She shot up in bed and took a quick recount of the room but Di wasn't anywhere.  So she went in the hall about to yell to awaken the rest of the family when she came to an abrupt stop.  Di was sitting in front of the mandir dressed and heading out.  Ginny was shocked it took her a second to find her legs and then she ran up and asked, "Di?! Where are you going?  What are you doing?".

Dimpy turned and looked at her sister and said matter of factly, "I'm going to work." She didn't wait for a response and walked out of the house.

Dhruv couldn't believe his luck.  Or lack thereof.  He had to get home ASAP but of course his phone had died before Ginny picked up and now his bus had broken down.  He wanted so badly to kick and scream at the bus but he knew it wouldn't change anything, and right now he didn't have time to waste.  He needed to get home so he started walking along the road hoping to catch a ride.

Pammi and Avtar didn't know what to make of the news that Dimpy had returned to work.  They were glad she was no longer locked in her room, but they weren't sure going out in public was such a good idea especially since they didn't even know what had really happened.  At least it was easier for Pammi to give the Tripathis a cold shoulder than it was for Avtar.  His brain knew something bad had happened and he was pretty sure that the boss was behind it.  But his heart hoped that what he was thinking was wrong.  That the little boy he thought of as his son had a perfectly explainable reason for not showing up.

Dhruv was huffing and puffing by the time he finally got home.  He had had to run the last 5 miles from where he had hitchhiked to get home. But he was consumed by the need to get home so he didn't even realize that he was soaked from head to toe. He entered the house and was about to call out for Ginny when he glanced towards the dining area.  Immediately, whatever he was about to say got stuck in his throat.  He watched as the whole family sat at the table.  Even Dimpy Bhabi.  He had to take a second look to confirm he wasn't hallucinating.  As he continued to watch her he noticed that she even cracked a smile a time or two.  Oh sure, it was simply a surface smile but it was a smile none the less.  He started rethinking what he had been about to do.  It seemed as though everyone was trying their best to move on without knowing the full truth.  He wondered if he should be the one to ruin what little progress Bhabi had made, or if he should just let God handle it Himself.  Besides he could technically wait another few weeks before what he had to say became unavoidable.  He was so lost in thought that he didn't sense Ginny come up from behind until she touched his arm and called out his name softly.

"Dhruv.  You're back?  I tried calling you but your phone went right to voicemail.  Why did it take you so long to come back?  And, why are you so wet?"  Daksh turned and stared at curiousity on Ginny's face and before he could formulate an answer she continued, "Anyways, forget it.  Dhruv I still can't believe it.  Even after all that happened, Di is sitting with us. Eating dinner and smiling.  Oh, I know it's not a true smile, but she's making an effort.  And the biggest news.  She actually went to work!"  Ginny's face glowed in delight at the progress Dimpy had made, and in that moment Dhruv knew he couldn't share what he had found out.  He didn't have the heart to wipe away the hope on Ginny's face.  So he simply smiled and played along.

Days passed and things seemed to begin to go back to normal.  There was still a surface tension that rippled through the air whenever the two families collided.  But most were getting along, politely.  The only member of the Tripathi family that didn't cause any tension was Dhruv.  He had even started eating meals with Ginny's family downstairs.  His Dad hadn't even bothered to ask him why.  While his mom sat all day at the window waiting for Daksh to show.  Both of his parents refused to believe anything except that something bad had to have happened to him for him not show up.  After the third day of listening to their speculation on their "precious" son Dhruv couldn't take it.  He got up and from that day forward he started eating downstairs.  Ginny and Dhruv had started attending college again, neither enjoying their romance as they had before.  Both always preoccupied with their own thoughts.  The only person that didn't seem affected was the one person it should have dented the most.  It seemed as though through out the ordeal of the wedding, Dimpy had found out something about herself.  She had found that she loved her work, and that no matter what, well besides her immediate family, it was the one constant she could always count on.  She loved being able to leave the worried glances that seemed to follow her around at home, to a place where everyone treated her like before.  Where her getting left at the alter didn't define her.  She also learned quickly that she was really good at what she did, something she had disregarded before, but now took pride in.  She was also glad she had something to talk about at the dinner table.  She wasn't sure if everyone pretended to be interested because they wanted to make her feel better, or if it was genuine.  But whatever it was she was glad they participated.  Even her mom had started inquiring about her work.  She was finally able to start breathing again.  The people in town had stopped gossiping about her wedding, or lack there of, and the world was finally moving forward...

To be cont..

Arps
Edited by arp04srocks - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SejN thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
like it plz do write more soon :D
-Nags- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
please continue soon dear😊
nikita_88 thumbnail
Reserved for now shall come back to read it!
Ovi_Tanni thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hiii arp🤗...great start...now luking 4ward to next part...continue sooon😊
arp04srocks thumbnail
Sejal719-thanks for reading and commenting...i'm glad you're enjoyin i will def update soon...

nageswari-thanks for reading and commenting...def will update soon

Niks 🤗 even though you havent even read it yet...see how nice i am 🤣 cant wait to see what kind of shor you start here 😉

Tanni  thanks so much for readin this 🤗...i know its not siddhima...but i'm glad you ventured to read it anyways...will def cont soon...and hopefully you'll enjoy it...
Ann_92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
hey dis is really good...update soon...n add me to ur pm list...first tym sum1 has posted a ss on dhrunni 
arp04srocks thumbnail
So i updated,  i must say i was super glad that Dimpy wasnt protrayed as a weaking in today's epi and that she stated that all of  this is just a part of life and my fav that she was glad they found out before they were married :)...daksh is a tool he deserves lipstick...

I will say i wrote most of this yesterday before i had seen today's epi and hence the slight different interpretations of the reactions...

thanks to all that "liked" and commented, i love reading thoughts of my readers

ok enuf rambling...here's the next part

Part 2

Everyone had found their niche in the home.  Although everyone lived there, not everyone interacted.  There was a delicate balance in the home and everyone held their breath hoping nothing would tip it and cause the whole thing to collapse.  Unfortunately, they didn't have to wait long.  About two weeks after Daksh hadn't shown up the doorbell rang.  As everyone gathered in the downstairs entry two people entered the house.  They were holding hands, gifts in their arms and smiles on their faces.  They waited eagerly for everyone to gather.  Both family members gathered in front of the door curious as to who had come.  Everyone but Dimpy who was still at work and Megha who was at Rohit's.  The second each of them saw who was at the door their faces froze and they couldn't believe the smiles on their faces.  One by one they all stopped waiting to see what the heads of the households were going to do.  Avtar and Dinanath were the last to show up.  It was clear that both were furious at the sight before them.  Dinanath wanted to smacked his "son" but he knew the real right laid with Avtar so he waited silently.  Daksh started to explain to his family that he was making his family name proud.  That he was now the partner at his company and the owner of multiple companies.  The fool was so blinded by ambition that he didn't even notice that with each word he spoke he pushed the people that had loved him further and further away.  The anger built in both Avtar and Dinanath.  But before Avtar could let the poison flow from his mouth they are all interrupted by a new voice.  "Mummy, Papa where are you guys?  I have some great news."  In comes Dimpy a smile on her face and excitement in her eyes.  She steps over the threshold and notices that the entire household is standing and waiting.  She stops confused wondering why they all had lined up as if they had known she had good news to tell.  She turns toward her parents and is about to blurt out her news when she realizes that everyone is angry.  Her eyes shoot straight towards Ginny questioning her.  Ginny hinted at her to turn around with a warning that whatever stood there wasn't good.  Dimpy took a deep breath and braced herself, and when she turned around and saw what stood before her she was glad she had gotten even that small warning.

Everyone stood still waiting to see what Dimpy would do.  She stared at the man she had started to dream about spending the rest of her life with.  The one she had started to believe was meant for her.  And she saw the happiness on his face, the cluelessness of what his actions had done not only to her, but to his own family.  And in that moment she was glad he hadn't married her.  That regardless of how it went down at least in the end she hadn't ended up marrying a spineless, greedy, ignorant man.  She deserved better.  So she walked up to them, the fool had the audacity to continue smiling at her until he met her eyes and finally his eyes shot down towards the ground.  She simply stood and observed the couple.  Lipika had the nerve to smile in triumph while Daksh finally showed signs of looking uncomfortable.  Dimpy let the last of her feelings for him fade and she gave them both a polite smile as she said neutrally, "Congratulations."  She then turns and walks towards her room, never once looking back.  Once she had retreated to her room Avtar walks up toward Daksh and seeing his daughter having to be strong to hide her pain in front of the man that was supposed to protect her from all pain he couldn't stop himself.  He raised his arm back and punches Daksh square on the chin and then shakes his head in disappointment.  He then proceeds to turn his back on them.  Pammi comes up to the boy she had started to think of as her son and she can't hold herself back especially once she had seen how dense he was.  She spews all the hurt and pain at him, and then starts to raise her arm to slap him.  But before she starts to swing she stops herself and simply spews, "You're not even worth it."  And turns her back on him and goes to stand by Avtar.  The rest of the family starts to turn a cold shoulder towards Daksh.  No one made eye contact and no one bothered to welcome him.  Everyone expressed their shock and disappointment in Daksh and no one acknowledged Lipika. 

Dhruv was the last one to speak.  He walks up to the man he had always been compared to for as long as he remembered.  The man that he had loved and adored, the man he had wanted to grow up and be just like.  And he thinks back at all the pain he had caused to the people he had claimed to love.  The pain he had caused a sweet and innocent woman like Dimpy and his anger erupts, "Everyday, Papa would say that I should be more like you.  And I wished I was.  I had hoped that one day I would become like the man you are.  To make Papa proud.  But today, I am glad I am nothing like you."  He glares at his brother and fires a parting shot before he walks away, "I would rather be a jobless, penniless man of morals and respect for the people I love, then be blinded by greed."

Daksh watches as his family and the people he had known since he was baby all turned and walked away from him.  What should have been the happiest day of his life, the day that he made his father proud by becoming an important business man, turned out completely different.  Lipika turned and started to tug his arm and told him, "Let's go, we don't need these people.  We have our own home, homes actually.  Give them some time they will get over it.  Don't ruin your mood over this middle class drama."  Daksh is torn he starts to sway towards Lipika's words figuring that if he gave his Dad some time he'd get over it and see that Daksh had done the right thing.  But as he was turning around he caught a glimpse of his Dad and he couldn't walk away just yet.  He decided that he was going to stay here with his wife and make his family see just how right his decision was.  He takes Lipika's hand and starts to walk up the stairs towards his family's house.

Dimpy tried for a few days, but she couldn't do it.  She could no longer live in the same house as that man and sure as hell not with that woman.  So she waited to get everything lined up before she broke the news to her family.  The perfect time was dinner she waited at the table for everyone to get there so she could approach them about her news.

During the past few days the Sehgals had added a new member to their table. Dhruv had not been able to tolerate the wicked witch wandering around his house. Nor could he handle the fact that despite everyone in his family being angry and disappointed with Daksh, they continued to allow them to stay here. Oh sure, they didn't talk but they were allowed to sit at the dinner table. And Dhruv couldn't stand looking at that witch's face, all smug and snobby. So he had refused to eat the first two days, but on the third day Ginny had found him on the chajje and called him down to their dinner table. He had refused figuring that her family wouldn't want him there. His promise to Dimpy that he would stand by her through all the bad things not as her devar but as a friend coming to surface, and how he failed. No matter how hard Ginny had tried he had refused. Finally, Dimpy had come looking for Ginny and had ended up witnessing the pain Dhruv was feeling on her behalf. So she walked up to him and laid a hand on his shoulder as she said, "Dhruv you didn't let me down, in fact you were the one that protected me. Ginny told me all the things you two did to keep my shaadi from falling apart." She waited for him to look up into her eyes, to acknowledge what he had done. Once he had she continued, "But, you can't break something that never was. And Daksh had never valued our relationship above his business relationship. And I am much better finding out now than after its too late that the man I was supposed to marry could be bought off so easily.".

Dhruv stared at the woman standing before him, the one he had grown up with and had became great friends with, and the one he had started teasing about becoming his Bhabi. Here she stood with every right to be angry and hurt and instead she stood before. him with a sympathetic smile on her face trying to comfort him. He let go of most of the guilt he had been carrying and leaned forward to hug the woman he now saw as a sister. Ginny observed the exchange with a smile on her face and tears running down her cheeks. She couldn't hold herself back so she stepped forward and wrapped her arms around the two people she loved most in the world. All three stood hugging for a few moments, then Dimpy let out a slight laugh as she stepped back and stated, "Let's go eat. Mummyji will get mad if we let her food get cold.". Ginny let a false shudder run through her pretending to feel the wrath of her mom. Both girls started towards the stairs to go down when they realized Dhruv wasn't following. Both turned around and Ginny called out, "Dhruv?! Let's go.". He simply nodded his head in refusal, but Dimpy simply walked and took his hand in hers and yanked him without warning as he was forced to follow her down the stairs she ordered, "From today onwards you will eat every meal with us.". Dhruv wanted to protest that her parents would object, but arguing with the stubborn Sehgal girls when they had their mind made up was like trying to convince Hitler he was going to pass school this year. So he shut his mouth and followed them down. When Avtar and Pummi had seen Dhruv heading towards their table they wanted to question what was going on, but upon closer inspection they realized that the boy was being dragged, literally, to the table by Dimpy herself. They watched as she gently shoved him into the chair and the proceeded to make a plate of food with enough to feed two grown men. She set the plate in front of Dhruv and then proceeded to make herself one with more appropriate proportions on it. She sat down and as she waited for the rest of the family to settle down she stated simply, "Dhruv hasn't eaten in three days.". Dhruv was shocked that Dimpy had known and he was about to object saying that he didn't have to sit at the table. But surprisingly it seemed as though Dimpy's explanation was sufficient for everyone for Aunty and Uncle both sat down and dinner commenced as if it had always been this way.

So today Dimpy waited for everyone to sit down, including Dhruv, and for them to start eating.  Once they were comfortably started and conversation was leading towards her work.  She brought up the news she had been waiting to tell them.  They asked how work was going, and she said,  "Actually, it's been going so well that I got a promotion."  Dimpy finished in excitement and everyone at the table erupted with happiness telling her congrats and genuine smiles finally touching their faces after so long.  She accepted the congratulations as she braced herself to tell them the rest of the news, "I'm glad you are all so happy, I hope that you continue to stay happy when you find out that the job requires me to go to the States."  Everyone abruptly stopped and stared at her as she continued, "It's only for a year, and they have assured me that I will get at least to vacations that will allow me to come back and visit for a few weeks."  No one said anything so she continued rambling, "It's twice as much vacation as the other employees are getting. They did it to win me over into taking the job.  They have also assured me that they will provide any housing necessary and a car for travel."  She had told them all the pros she could, but they hadn't responded at all yet.  She didn't know what she would do if her Papa flat out refused to let her go.  She hadn't taken the offer seriously when they had proposed it to her a month ago as she was going to get married, and knew Daksh wouldn't want to go overseas with his job being so good here.  But now with him back in this house, and with her here too.  She needed this job.  She needed to leave this house and the job was the perfect excuse.  She waited eagerly for their response.

Avtar and Pammi wanted to protest.  Their daughter had just gone through a great ordeal and they wanted her close to them where they could keep an eye on her.  Sure they were grateful she had crawled out of her slump because of work, but they didn't want to lose her.  And it wasn't even as if she was going to Mumbai or even another city in India, she was talking about leaving the country and going to America.  They looked at each other trying to think of a reason to say no, but they had both seen the desperation in their daughter's eyes and knew that this was what she wanted to do, what she needed to do.  But still they couldn't give her to go ahead.  Then she voiced her real reasons for wanting to take the job.  "Papa, I need to stand on my own to feet, I need to live my life without my past constantly shadowing over me."  And they both understood what she meant.  She could no longer live in the same house as Daksh and Lipika, and if she continued to stay she would lose whatever progress she had made.  Avtar took his hand and gently placed it on Dimpy's head as he gave her his approval and blessing for the new job but he had conditions of his own.  "Okay, Dimpy puter if you need to take this job then we won't stop you.  We want you to be happy and successful.  But we have one condition of our own."  Dimpy felt relief upon hearing her father's approval and she waited to hear what she had to do seal the deal.  Avtar continued, "We would like you take Ginny with you, she only has a semester left and she can transfer to a University near your work and finish her schooling there."  Dimpy started to protest while Ginny's mouth dropped open in shock at the thought of leaving.  Avtar continued, "We will be sad at not having either of you here at home, but we would feel much better knowing both of you are together in a foreign land."   Dimpy gave in and accepted the condition on the surface, but she planned on having a serious conversation with Ginny before she told her work.  If Ginny didn't want to leave then she would request to be transferred to another branch in India that way her parents wouldn't need Ginny to accompany her.

As the conversation went on around them Ginny's eyes shot towards Dhruv and both their eyes filled with pain at the thought of a seperation so far.  It was hard enough living in a home where their families hated each other, but a whole continent and ocean away seemed impossible.  Yet neither said anything.  Later, after dinner had ended Ginny headed straight towards the chajje knowing Dhruv would already be there.  She found him with sitting on the edge staring up at the moon.  She went up and laid her hand on his and looked at his sweet face.  "Dhruv, say something."  Dhruv continued to sit in silence and Ginny waited right as she was about give up and shake him he spoke.  "Ginny, did you know that no matter where you are in the world and no matter what the weather is like the moon is always shining down on the earth.  Even if you can see it it is watching."  Ginny had no clue where this had come from, no did she know why he was telling her this but she interrupted, "Dhruv, who cares about the moon.  Didn't you hear what Mummy and papa said?  They want me to go to America with Di. Don't you have anything to say?"  Dhruv sat for a bit then said, "What is there to say?  We both know the decision was made the second Uncleji presented it.  You would never leave DimpyDi alone and neither would you go against your Dad."  He turned and looked into her eyes, "Besides it's only a for a short while.  We will still talk every day by phone, email multiple times a day.  AND, the reason I was talking about the moon was because every night just like the moon I will be shining down and watching over you.  I don't need to see you to know what you are doing.  And you don't need to see me to know that I love you."  Ginny felt tears slide down her cheeks at the sweet words he had spoke she leaned forward and wrapped her arms tightly around him and said, "I love you, Dhruv."  The girls packed their things within the week were headed to the airport.  Ginny was torn between wanting to support and be their for her sister and having to leave Dhruv.  Dhruv took the girls along with Avtar and Pummi to the airport where they said their goodbyes and promised to stay in touch constantly.  A surprise to all of them, except Dhruv, was the fact that Dherabhai and Roopabhabi had shown up to wish them their best as well.  No one had told the Tripathis of the pending plans of the girls, but Dhruv knew that his brother and Bhabi had wanted to talk to Dimpy but couldn't figure out if she wanted to talk to them.  So he figured they should just show up at the airport and just see.  Dimpy didn't blink an eye upon seeing the two she hugged each of them and thanked them for showing up.  The girls said their goodbyes and headed towards their gate, one's heart feeling heavy at the love she was leaving behind, and the other's heart feeling lighter for a future that would be free of the shadows of the past...

TBC

Arps
-x-Reshu-x- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
res😛

i haven't read it yet but i m sure it will be awesome😳
Ann_92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
omg..wat an update i totally luved it

luv de wat u describe de feling ...am so sad dt dhruv s gonna be all alone...very nice updatee...gr8 job