Desire - [Maaneet] - [Chapter 22 - Page 144] - Page 77

Posted: 12 years ago
nice update...
maan proposed geet.. wow...
i hope geet says yes... or r u planning 4 sum twist...
plz do cont soon..
thnx 4 d pm..

A Maaneet Tale

Desperate

Geet: "I... I'm not sure" she finally said and my heart sank down to my toes. Everybody around us gasped and I stood up, looking at her from head to toe. Didn't she love me?

"What do you mean your not sure?" I said in a heartbreaking voice. Firstly, I had never been rejected ever in my life and secondly, I really, truely loved Geet and I knew she loved me back. So why wasn't she saying yes?

Geet: "I don't think..." she said and trailed off, leaving the dreadful sentence to hang by a thread. The workers around me waited for my next reaction.

"You don't want to spend the rest of your life with me?" I said with a voice full of pain. I gripped the box tighter, wishing I hadn't proposed in the first place. This was so humiliating.

She opened her mouth to say something and then closed it again, looking at me with eyes filled with apology. I pressed my lips together and tried to hold back my tears which were threatening to escape.

"Geet, give me one reason I can't be a good husband to you and I'll leave you forever" I said and waited for that one, convincing reason. Everybody around me waited for a reply.

Geet: "I just... I'm filth Maan. I'm nothing" she said in such a soft whisper, I had to lean closer to catch what she said and once I did, I felt a volcano erupt inside of me.

"How dare you think of yourself like that, Geet?" I said with so much outrage, I was scared I would explode.

Geet: "I know but --"

"How dare you think of yourself as FILTH? Your nothing near filth in fact" I paused to catch some breath.

Geet: "Yes but --"

"Your a goddess to me, Geet. An angel. A beautiful fairy that lost her way to fairyland"

Geet: "I --"

"You cannot think of yourself like that do you understand me? You need to forget what happened to you because it wasn't your fault. I love you and that's all I know, do I make myself clear? Because if I don't then I can do many things here RIGHT now to prove how much I love you and really if you want me to die to prove my love then I'm ready to do that as well" I said and I realized how close I was to her but that didn't matter.

Not giving her a chance to speak, I continued.

"I know what happened to you, Geet. And I'm not judging you for it. Did you want it to happen?" I asked and she shook her head, tears spilling out of her eyes.

"Then why are you always labeling yourself as 'filth'? Geet, tell me why?" I said and grabbed her by the shoulders.

"I can't see you cry, Geet. I want to propose to you not only because I love you but because I want to give you the happiness a girl would ever want" I said and wiped her tears away.

Instantly, I wrapped her in the warm shelter in my arms and squeezed her tiny, fragile body tightly to myself. I couldn't believe Geet thought like THAT about herself. I let the tears of anger fall down my cheeks.

"You have no right to think like that about yourself" I whispered

Geet: "I'm sorry... For all the pain i've --"

"No, Geet. Please" I said and there was suddenly silence around the room. I didn't know what to do, I didn't want to sound desperate by proposing her. Again.

Geet: "When are you going to make me wear that ring?" she asked and pulled away from me. I felt a smile tug at my corners as I opened the velvet box. I took out the ring, and slipped it on Geet's ring finger.

The workers cheered and clapped around us as I slipped on the ring on her finger.

A perfect fit.

Precap: Romance

~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~

Before you march towards me with anger I know this is such a small update. It's more like a mini-update but I didn't have time to do a longer update. Well, isn't this update better than nothing?

Hit the LIKE button 😳
Edited by Sameeha786 - 12 years ago
wowww awesomeee luved ittt
totally super cool
n wowww thy r engaged nwww
Gr8 update
Loved how maan sed to geet that she is not filth & she is the purest angel in the world
He never doubted her & still lives her the same
Awww glad dat geet accepted the proposal
Yippee maaneet romance cumin up...can't w8😉
cont soon Xx...
Thx 4 the PM
Yaaay, she said yes! 😳
Precap looks promising
Awesome update
loved it loads
chooo cute
yay they are engaged 
cant wait 4 da next part
con soon
thanks 4 da pm
Muahhh
Xxx
Thanks for this mini-update. I loved it!!!! :D Yes, Maan cleared her doubts and she accepted the proposal!!!! PARTY!!! lol Update soon!
WOW SO SWEET UPDATE. FINALY GEET SAY YES I AM SO HAPPY FOR MAANEET.