Navya
Navya

May 9th: Things I liked (Page 3)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 6:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by slmu

Really love reading ur analysis of every episode.Thanks so much :-)

I loved the episode too. Interestingly, without realising it, Anant is treating Navya as his - this came out very strongly in the phone convo - but it is Navya who senses that things are changing and the unbidden thought of Anant ki Navya has shocked/scared her.Totally agree...Anant is indeed treating her as his...as if it's been this way since agesLOL...and he's so matter of fact about it too that it's extremely amusing to me...that entire convo made me grinLOL...but yes Navya has deffo spooked herself now cuz she's the only one of the two actually even trying to process what's happening to herLOL

Thank goodness it was his brother and not the evil sisters yest. Like this bro, more screen space for him please.

I thought Anant's tantrum in the end was a bit childish, but even he realised that he can hardly call Navya selfish LOL. When he finally processes what is happening, he will realise why he was so angry at her refusal. Yes it was childish no doubt...but based on what we've seen of Anant in the past few epis as he's been changing it didn't seem surprising anymore...he's over-reacting and he doesn't fully know why...but like you said when he processes all this finally, then he will understand why he's feeling so upset with her

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Peace67

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 6:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by skydome

The above analysis are very well written.  I am sure most of the viewers felt the same.  Yesterday's episode was very entertaining.

Yesterday, I liked Navya's hairstyle, makeup and the way she was dressed- looked very innocent and naive.  Anant too looked great!  Both of their acting were very natural and superb.

When I heard Annant telling her "selfish" - for a moment I thought this is it- the father of all dangers begin.  But his mistake was excellently portrayed by Shaheer - the next minute when he said sorry.

So far the CV, director and the actors are doing a great job.  I do worry about the poor parents (specially Navvya's parents, who have trusted her so... much... - will be shocked and disappointed when they come to know that her daughter has lied to them... - a common problem in the present society).  I hope the CV is able to deal with this problem in a realistic/ responsible manner, and send a constructive well thought message to the society.

Thank you :-)

I actually thought Navya was looking a bit pale and worn out in the outdoor scenes...like Soumya wasn't keeping well or something...but she looked better in the indoor scenes. Anant did look nice too...especially in the black shirt.

The "selfish" outburst shows that ppl say things in emotional upheaval that they don't really mean...he lashed out cuz he was hurt and she refused to provide a credible explanation for her refusal...that is why his frustration came out like that but the way he apologized the very next minute made me like that bit too...nicely done...

I also wonder about the reactions of Navya's parents...but then both sides are understandable...Navya's POV as well as that of her parents...so yes here's hoping they balance out both viewpoints and show them in a realistic manner going forward as well.
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 7:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JZephyr

So here's my side. 

I did say Navya would be the one to fiddle and toss around the doings of her heart, given her innate/annoying/inescapable nature of being the unstoppable 'thinker' LOL Not that I should complain, cause from the look of it, she's doing it on behalf of Anant and herself, both, at the moment! I was happy to see that bit about her self realizations - and happier still that it came without too much ado and delay, I'm happy about that tooLOL...that it was without much ado and shown quite naturally...and yes she's thinking on behalf of her and Anant...which is good cuz he doesn't seem like he's going to start thinking anytime soon...he only believes in action it seemsLOL

because this seemed like the time it should happen at least for her. Like I said before, she's not weaving her happy fantasies minus of the inherent phobias - unlike Anant. She manages to be carefree for moments, but her worries/logic/conscience doesn't really take a break... Very true.

What I did not think much of, was Renuka's tirade. Really. It was the one part of the episode rather loosely drafted. I wish she'd had lesser lines, but more convincing premises, than just I thought it was normal attraction but now you want to go to a PICNIC and you know what PICNICS are like these days... utterly OTT. I wish she'd just stuck to that last bit... about how whether or not Navya acknowledged the fact, she was changing - cause that was bang on! The hell raise on how absolutely unbelievably criminal the idea of a picnic was... just sort of didn't go well. 

Contrary to Renuka was Anant's brother - and he is one reason I found Renuka's tirade off the mark partially - he was not in denial of the improbability of permission. And even when he did ask Anant to give it a shot, it was more so to cheer up his brother who looked so crestfallen for a second just then. But thing is, he didn't exactly go on a rant of OMG PICNIC! what the hell is wrong with you and your generation to even dream of going for a picnic! So the thing was, he wasn't defying the person he's raised to be - the principled and overly contained guy - but at the same time, he wasn't talking like he was three generations older and apart from Anant. He is a fellow who's resigned to his lifestyle, but it's not as if he can't see and perceive basics. Even when he decides to make a point, or raise caution, he has the sense to realize it would be little use to outrightly oppose his brother and point out the folly. The irony is, if someone needs blatant pointing out, it's Anant. Navya is guilty enough by herself, without anyone needed to spell the words for her - you could just insinuate, and she'd be wrestling her pillows all night trying to get over the guilt, or correct her wrong! 
So...Renuka was OTT. She wans't just making a point on behalf of her elders, she was actually showing conviction about how ridiculous picnics are - which in a way for me went contrary to her character sketch from the last couple episodes. So this is someone who can sneak out her sister in the middle of a very important family dinner, lie for her to everyone, and don't forget this is night time and girl alone scenario we're talking of - but thinks going for a supervised college day picnic is just... so wrong! She's being a conflicting prude here. I'd have thought her to be the kind of muffled rebel who was contained too much by the doings of her life, and at least empathizes with, if not supports, her sister's contentions. She just took a 180 in this last episode. For me. Maybe I'm just being overtly critical, and mind you, I'm still very much in favor of how she pointed out that last bit on Navya changing... or even the subtle point of how Ritz and her fam were different - yes, those were good points, I wished that had been all.

I can see your point, JZ...Renu did come across a little extra judgemental and condescending in some bits of that convo...but I didn't find it to be any different from what I've now come to expect from Renu...she helped Navya that day, yes...but we ourselves weren't properly shown WHAT excuse Navya gave that day...that she was just going out with friends so maybe Renu was ok with that much...wanting her to live her life a bit...but now Renu is back to being the oldest daughter of a conservative family...who is sensing that something has changed with her sister and doesn't quite know what to make of it...she hasn't met Anant...she's never seen Navya ever talking to another guy this much...to her those are the only facts she has so she's suspicious...she isn't taking this to be anything more than a slight crush...which is why she said that line about maine socha ki is age mein girls and guys do like each other but it's a passing fancy...regarding the picnic bit...the reason she's going OTT about it it is cuz she can see that Navya is just making excuses and the only reason she really wants to go is cuz of Anant...again it comes back to the thing that Renu doesn't KNOW Anant...she's never met him, hardly spoken to him...to her toh he's just some random guy that her baby sister has SUDDENLY started being more taken in with than she'd have expected...Renu herself is a girl who seems to have had an arranged marriage at an early age too so again she probably was never into all this and is judgemental about it even more then.

Regarding the case of Anant's brother Mohan...it's also different cuz he's a different personality to begin with...Renu's all fiery, bossy older sister while Mohan is such a mellow guyLOL...yes he showed more maturity there but then we also have to see that Anant is a guy...guys aren't questioned like girls are...just a fact of society basically...but yes no doubt the scene with Anant-Mohan was handled much more maturely...so subtly...with the way he saw the half written name on the form that Anant was trying to hide and just smiled to himself...and later on just saying to Anant, "waise toh tum samajhdaar ho"...lol...in that bit I wondered for a second if Anant realizes that his samajhdaaari is a bit shaky these daysTongueLOL...anyways back to the scene...loved that last dialogue of the brother...hope to see more scenes b/w these two in the coming epis cuz he seems to be the only person in that house who might deal with the AN relationship in a mature manner...and be supportive and understanding too.

Talking of Navya changing, did I say I really like the bit about her self realization where she goes Navya has changed... no, not changed yet, but changing... I like that part of her. Where she can still distinguish. She's not lying to herself, and she's not looking at matters through a red glass. She only gets occasionally swayed - occasions being Anant's company LOL But in general, I'm glad her character is not being self contradicted.LOL yes...she changes and gets swayed in Anant's company but otherwise the basis of the character is kept intact...I'm also glad about that. ...they show her introspection very naturally too...nothing quite filmy alsoLOL

A quick note on Appy - so I figured she really is Beth. Her silly say about hoping her mother quick finds her a match the other day, and now her denial to go to this picnic... It struck me how she's got her big time insecurity on the guy account. So Ritz is hooked, and Navya isn't and might not be perceived as someone who could be, but it's obvious that she and Anant are a pair. Even if there was going to be no love story here at all, Appy would have good grounds to feel insecure. Her two best friends have suddenly found new people who can take good share of their time, without either of them conscientiously  worrying abut Appy. For her it's just them. For them, its her and the others. I suppose she'd beginning to reel from that impact. She's with everyone, she's a friend to everyone, but she no longer has that one person - girl or boy - who could be exclusively worrying behind her back. And it's getting to her. Maybe she's not the steady kind, as opposed to both her girlfriends, but steady can definitely look tempting when you see others donning it! Again, she may have nothing on Anant - Navya love angle... just that those two have bonded so instantly, so easily, and crept into spaces of each others life is evident to her as a friend... its all adding to make her insecure. Say a simple instance of how Ritz told Anant to convicne Navya, and not Navya and Appy... the difference is obvious to her. She's not jealous. She's just... getting a bit lonely and redundant there... Very good points yaar...quite insightful...I liked that firstly Appy got decent footage yesterday...since they'd been shunting her to the side since a while...and yes something deffo is on her mind seeing how she got upset yesterday...and I think you're quite right about her psyche at this point and how she's feeling with her two best friends in a sense becoming so involved with the guys in their lives that it really doesn't leave her anywhere...there is deffo a little insecurity, loneliness there...which she verbalized as saying she'd feel left out at the picnic with RR all into each other...I can so identify with her actually on thisLOL...and when she made the joke about who will she spend time with?? That HARRY?! haha...that was funny tooLOL

Ok I'm going to reply to the rest in a seperate post...this is getting quite longLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

without-fathomPeace67

tanvismile IF-Sizzlerz
tanvismile
tanvismile

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 7:47am | IP Logged
yes it was a perfect episode ,i just found it so real n natural.Smile

AreYaar

.Juhi. IF-Sizzlerz
.Juhi.
.Juhi.

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 7:58am | IP Logged
totaly agree...he was acting lyk her BF...hi nd bye part was ossam...evn i do it wid ma frnds LOL

nd da strt was cuteee...he was cumin 2 sit nxt 2 her...but appy kabab me haddi ban gyi...LOL
Chitra89 IF-Rockerz
Chitra89
Chitra89

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 7:58am | IP Logged
the one thing i really really LOVE was, there wasn't any Bhabi or Bhua Dadi scene or Sagun scene! LOL
man, i hate those characters. they are totally ruining the show LOL

>>|Chitra|<<

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 8:36am | IP Logged
Ok here goes part two:

Originally posted by JZephyr

Finally - to the main showdown!!! Which was whoa!

So I totally back you up on backing up Anant. I'm not siding with his 'tantrum' but I'm definitely not going t go all prude over him and not see where he comes from. Again, like I said before, he's riding high on this new found existence where he's making moves and doing his firsts, all by himself, and since Navya has really started it all for him - irrespective whether or not he can see that atm - she is going to be a consequential reason to hinder is, if and when. I couldn't agree more...that's exactly what he's doing...riding wayyy high on this new found existence, this newfound feeling...all of these firsts which Navya has started for him unknowingly in a sense...

Bhabhi's rebukes like  said last time, he can brush off. It has to be an eye opener from someone in his family who really counts. Or Navya. And even in the former case, he could blame it off on gen gap and be disgruntled. I think the brother Mohan might get through to him...or Navya like you said...but I somehow don't see her managing to say this to him first...let's see if she proves me wrong there also...lol...or maybe she might unknowingly say something to him which will make him realize...be that eye opener without her really intending it to be.

But as far as Navya is concerned - he'd never deal well with her being the prick to burst his bubble. Haha so true...he deffo didn't expect her of all ppl to burst this bubble of his...

When all of this cools down, he will probably go in to a repeat of that main bohot ziddi hu na? main bohot tang karta hu na...phase like he did after he'd literally abducted her for the party..LOL you're right...I can actually picture him saying all this again...maybe adding a touch of "Main bahut  jaldi gussa ho jaata hoon, haina?"LOL Mujhe tumhein samajhna chahiye tha etc.e etc.?

. but fact is, its just like he'd told her when she asked him would he really have come up to her place is she'd not come down? and he'd said he doesn't know... he really doesn't. He no longer knows any game plans, cause he doesn't have any. He's just going by and by, he's driven purely by a motivation called Navya, and if she herself stands in the path as an obstruction its going to affect him like nothing else. That is exactly what snapped for him. Word! You've summed it up perfectly here!Clap The guy has no game plans...and only ONE motivation called Navya...that's itLOL

Come to think of it, don't we know of a gajillion real life examples exactly such?! where plans were ruined for one person, cause the other who really mattered (acknowledged or not) could not oblige?! It's a natural. His temper, and his consequent obstinacy to not relent. I agree...the way they showed it all felt so natural...the reason for his temper, the obstinacy that we are all seeing is such an inherent personality trait of his too.

Also, like you said the khudgarz part was OTT, but it was excellently mellowed and matched up by that apology, even better was the following sorry ke maine tumhara form bhara! ... like ouch! he's totally sending her down for a guilt trip when she's only trying to be reasonable, and he wants to send reason on a holiday! Oh Anant, he doesn't stop endearing me by being such a boy! And I say this thing in every post - do I not?! Repetitive much LOL LOLL I think somewhere that is what I find amusingly endearing too...that he really is being SUCH a boyLOL...some traits are just typical across the board no matter how sensible anyone may be otherwiseLOL

Point being - Anant was perfect. Perfectly imperfect that is. Just as you'd expect his character to go, and I'm glad it was so. Again I agree with you here...yesterday to me as well he was perfectly imperfect as I'd expected his character to go...quite nice to see.

I'd hate for him to have just lain low and taken it - sulked at the max. Given his enthusiasm on the entire matter, a reality check could never pass by without the storm. And to think the actual reality check is not even there - neither why she is denying, nor why he cares so much. LOL very true once again and THAT is what makes this all quite fascinating to me right now tooLOL

The best part is, how he had those those two parts of sentences left incomplete. One where it seemed he was going to say he was worried, cause... maybe something had happened at her home?! (Here's another boy trait. He's constantly aware of the problem she can have at her place in breaking rules and whatnot, and yet, he's constantly in denial of them. He wants her to never be in trouble, but he still wants her to do everything that will bring it all on! Oh Anant, Anant, Anant! LOL ) And then the other time he left his sentence unspoken when he started on sorry kyu keh ri ho... main to sirf tumhare baare mein... khair chodo! oh yeh man, chodo indeed! He's totally coming to it - his care for her - and he's totally letting it pass over him like unshed thunder clouds! Oh the oblivious escapist that he is!!! LOL  Oh I'm so glad you pointed out this bit...I remember liking it in the actual scene as well but somehow it slipped my mind in the whole angry Anant session thereafter which took centerstagLOL...seriously you know what I love about their scenes is how his care and concern really is so obvious at this point...and he communicates it to her so matter of factly...on another level he is aware of the problems she can face at home but still brushes it all aside...in the same manner where he quickly goes "khair chhodo" about almost finishing that sentence that he was worried about her since she didn't answer his calls, he will say "khair chhodo" to REALLY comprehending just HOW he can get her into trouble as well...oblivious escapist indeed like you saidLOL

Really like Navya today - in significant parts. She was kind of disappointing in the bit when he was asking her to consider the picnic plan - her eyes were weird, I thought. But thereafter, Navya was far far better! Her glazed tears, the worry, nothing overdone, and everything bang on! Neat stuff from Soumya there Clap LOL I know what you mean about her eyes in the bit when he first asks her to consider the picnic plan...also I found that Soumya looked pale there...as if the makeup or something wasn't quite right and yeah the way it was shot or enacted by Soumya also seemed slightly off...but still a nice bit nevertheless...in the second AN scene later on when they meet the next day, I again found something odd with the way she had draped her dupatta...is Soumya trying to block out the sun and harsh heat in the outdooor scenes somehow?LOL...again she looked pale to me there for some reason...dunno if it was also cuz Navya was so uncomfortable in that scene as she tries to explain to Anant with her half-assed excuses about why she can't goLOL...I actually thought she was the sweetest in the indoor scenes...the first classroom one and the ending one when she gets up and goes and sits next to himLOL

Oh and do I even need to say, the entire 'hi and bye' and then, 'tum akeli nahi baith sakti' was so amazingly hilarious, endearing, and aww!!! Anant is a rockstar, when he's not trying to be one LOL Eggjactly!LOL...I also liked the dialogues in the scene later on when he talks to her about "ummeed"...very sweetly and naturally written bit and Shaheer did a great job of it too. 

without-fathom

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 8:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by piya2025

]I promised myself that i wont be posting in any discussion thread but as you mentioned the forum thingh,I thought to reply-
Exactly..I too thought Anant behavior were more understandable than his "Main tumhare ghar aa raha hu,abhi!" behavior,But I wonder how people understood his behaviour that time but today they were failted to understand him :O

anyway,Probably that time we got some "Oh so lovely hand pakro-ing sceneLOL*head desk*

Honestly after the Rain sequence epi,It was my 2nd favourite episode.Everything seems to be on the right place.. Actors acted their parts beautifully.. Anant-Mohan's conversation came as a surprize..& I really loved the way he adviced him.. As Anant's mom said,in an episode "He's really "samajder" he actually is..Seems he genuinely care for his brother..

Anant-Navya conversation once again done in a subtle manner..Anant behavior was justified & Navya is already a step ahead realizing the changes,Which is good.From a girl like her,I expected to do her what she didEmbarrassed

Thanks for letting me know the name of the brother, Piya! LOL now I know it's Mohan or I'd have kept calling him the brother onlyLOL...Mohan really is a very sweet and samajhdar character...I so hope they show more of him later on...

This was deffo one of my fav. epis so far as well :-)   Yes Anant's behavior felt far more understandable to me today in all his anger also...lol...maybe somewhere I find angry outbursts to be very honest emotions which have layers hidden to them open to analysis :-)

piya2025.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Navya Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index