more than just remember the frame, i suddenly realised it was important to remember when
this was shown.
remember the feeling in our hearts?
remember that prem was supposed to be dead?
remember there were all these interviews of hc saying that he was gone from the show? and then remember he used to come on some dance show, and it looked like he was moving on?
remember it was the time when they were showing prem only in phlashbacks and in heer-dreams *phrool, phream, phrool, phigh!
* where prem was always the best prem ever?
remember all those late nights, early mornings and all free seconds of signing up on some site that there was no sense in not having prem in prem-heer-are-one's show? or that there was no other prem on earth than hc?
remember that post where we hung out and talked about signing and laughing about the best and best of prem and heer memories?edit add
if you really want to get swamped with memories, check this
sheer madness. i composed poems on the spot!
then one day, they had a montage where a dark figure rose on a dune where heer lay in a faint on the sands?
i think it was around that time that -- for too short a time, seriously -- we got to see this montage:
with prem looking chubby (and hc looking unbearably secretly thrilled to be back), and likewise with heer (as it was with ag).
and what made me most thrilled of all, was how when they came back, there was a phhandooh with a pheyeooh philled with secret thrills that looked like their hearts were bursting with smiles.
if i had my way, i'd take a high-res hardcopy of this and blow it up and paste it on my bedroom ceiling. so that it's the first thing i see when i wake up and the last thing i see when i go to bed.
seriously, i see this montage and my insides go all melty and i feel like crying even while my face is splitting with the broadest smile ever.
it always happens. and i'm not even a cry-ey types!
i need to get cured of this ephe, i tell you. i do!
stop laughing! edit add
- some soap suds, pg 2
- ''aur kisi di ho nahin sakdi...'' lyrics, pg 3
- ''most sizzling pheyeooh, boss-in-pink, housekeeping-staff-in-black&white", pg 5
- ''aaj ka iss pal ka kya?'', otherwise known as the ''ai hai, marr jawaaan'' episode, pg 7
- prem bond juneja steals a mask from an old man, and dances to ''bol na halke, halke'' with his lady, pg 9
- prem asks heer for the first time, ''tumhare ankhon mein itna dard kyun hai?'' before taking her hand in the first perfect phhandooh, and takes her to a villain and tells her, ''mein apka boss hoon. and i say just slap him!'', pg 11
- shiv mandir #1, where heer demands answers from her god as to what the god wants from her, where prem plays peeping-tom for the first time, where the second meeting of heer's dupatta and prem's face happens , where heer's heart is hurt, but prem's heart feels it, where prem first learns that he wants to know why there is so much dard in heer's eyes, i learn that i like overhead shots -- as long as the cameras do not spin round and round, and where heer outruns prem for the first time, and prem gets hooked to heer's payal! aye hai , pg 14
- blue-white lights of the chawl, prem wrapped in a red blankie, drinking bitter medicine 'cause heer in blue stood at the window under the moon and told him to please drink it, with her eyes. pg 15
- right in the middle of a noisy pooja-celebration, of the first time that prem and his brothers bring mr. ganesh-ji home, prem and heer spin a little coocoon out of a perfect phhandooh and pheyeooh. so perfect that it melted me even though it was all happening in the corner of my screen. haai... pg 16
- the only real thing that was beautiful in the story post-time-line-shift** was the character of chahat juneja. she was a perfect addition to the story. the reason for her mother to become who heer became after she left prem. the difference that came to her father's view about going back to india, and going after the love of his life. she was sweetness and happiness and laughter and joy. she was the perfect result of prem-heer-are-one and i grudgingly accept the post-leap happened just for her. pg 17
- a dance on a terrace, stolen in the moonlight, out of the prying eyes of an entire wedding gang that wanted to keep them separate during the ceremonies. personally, i thought the dance was a little jerky. but hey. it was prem. twirling heer. and heer. holding prem's head in her lap. and at the end. another sight with prem-heer. so close they were sharing each other's breath. and yet, no kiphph. but as i kept finding with these two, sometimes, a kiphph was kinda superfluous. sigh. ya. with these two... pg. 18
- an engagement. with the most silent and most passionate lovers ever. the big thing for me at that time was that they smiled. and smiled. and smiled. these two who had only ever spoken with their eyes at each other, smiled. and against my control or understanding, made my sing. i think it was with happiness. the heart that was no longer with me, sang. pg. 19
time-line-shift is what tls
in the title stands for.
Edited by estee - 14 June 2011 at 9:07pm