Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iheartChai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Thanks for posting up all these lovely caps of Premeer/Harshiti, Swati!

...Pwincess... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Ive always loVed this performance of harshitti's 😍😍😍

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71GuD-oJLW8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by pwincess1 - 12 years ago
Sukrutha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmjpTrS3XvU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

dont know but  am loving this scene now...all of a sudden..😍
but what about that big smile on his face at the end...πŸ˜•...did some1 tell a joke there...πŸ€”
AASUS thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: athisdagrh

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1238615
Posted: 24 August 2009 at 9:09am | IP Logged
------------- ph ------------- ph ------------- ph ------------- 

the game of chess is much more than just the final outcome - always. in most other games, we are used to thinking of the outcome of victory and defeat being the only thing that matters.  you could think the same for chess, 'except that you'd be missing the essence of the game, imho. 

'cause to me, the outcome of the victory/defeat comes from the entire game. ever move, ever counter-move. where you started from, what you did in between -- all this matters. no move can be forgotten. no move can be erased. so what is most beautiful about chess is that the game every point in time is a sum of everything that you have done before. any move that you change in the past must lead you to a different point in time. the chess game never quite lets you forget who you started as, what you did, who you are today

games can start with a standard opening like the ruey lopez, but within four moves, the game has changed 'cause of the fifth move.  in a chess game -- maybe like life? -- the game is in every single thing that has happened so far. the outcome is mere coincidence

so for me? prem and heer are like a pair of unparalleled chess grand-masters in the game of love. for them, it's the love that is of importance. life is mere coincidence. they were created in the stars. and have this aura of having played the chess game of love many times over. 

and like grandmasters, they always surprised me with what they do. 

'cause  with grandmasters, the next move from this predictable start is never sure, never known. and so it has been with prem-heer. they've had this tendency to spin us into a world that we have seen before, but never quite like their version of it. 'cause what they do makes it so ... interesting!πŸ˜†  

and as in every chess game, when you add up all those prem-heer moves that make them different, the game suddenly and intangibly becomes something else all together. 

if you focus on what is happening just at the moment, then it looks like a point in a game that has been played many times before.  but remember how they got there, and ''the game'' becomes something else altogehter. 

for me, that is absolutely, compellingly true about prem and heer. everything that i think about prem and heer today is -- necessarily -- an aggregation of everthing that they have done, by themselves, together. 

even today, i cannot forget when prem had broken his lute to show that he is throwing away his love and sticking to his father's desires. 

'cause that is what made his grabbing heer to his side, and blazing fire and love-for-her at the world -- that much more special.  

even today, i cannot forget when heer gave prem a dressing down on what love really is -- fighting and fighting to stick by the side of your chosen one, through thick and thin, through sorrow and happiness, through pain and pleasure. 

'cause that is what makes perfect sense of everything that she did for prem, forgave prem for in the past.  

and that is what makes me think that she cannot be that unforgiving of prem now -- just like that! (ie, on the basis of onenightwithashlesha) this stubborness becomes inexplicable when put alongside with that principle she had laid out about love then.  and so it cannot be true. it needs more to explain her actions, her words, her behaviour to prem.

of course, chess allows surprises and changes-- that is precisely what the grandmasters love to do. sometimes going against what appears to be their original strategies itself, when that is what takes to get around what their opponents are trying.  but that would be a bit of a cheat in chess, i think.  and it's difficult to think of how it can be done.  how you can become a rouge from a gentleman.  or a glob from a gayatri-mom. 

so while it is possible that heer has changed the rules of the game in between.  but that would be... unfair to the rules of the game. either of chess.. or of life. and heer is just not like that. 

the last reason i'm so complacent with prem-heer's story being a chess game is this: chess only becomes truly interesting when the players are matched in skill. 

there are few things as sad as watching a master play a game against a ... dud. πŸ˜†  'cause when there is a dud on one side, the master doesn't really need to think or innovate on moves -- 'cause the dud is panicking and playing wildly anyway. *sounds sad, no? you really never should watch me play... πŸ˜†* the game becomes.. standard, typical, boring. 

but when the game is played by grand-masters -- man!! e

very move becomes something to take your heartbeat away... only to give it back at a more rapid pace to see what -- oh what! -- the opponent is gonna do next!

and the best part is? you really never really ever know what is gonna happen next -- as the next move; or who will make the final move... and ''win''.

what i know by now, having watched this prem-heer love story is that prem and heer are both grand-masters in this game. 

Edited by estee - 24 August 2009 at 9:29am 

Originally posted by: iheartChai

@athisdagrh - thanks fro posting up Estee's writing on Prem and Heer being grand masters of chess/love...so true

Estee's comments on Heer unable to forgive Prem despite the rules of the game...I don't know...maybe it's because I don't understand Hindi and right now I have to wait for the English translations as I re-watch the show to understand everything...butI find Heer unable to forgive Prem for that supposed "one night stand" justifiable. 

Prem and Heer became the victim of the one thing they swore they wouldn't do to each other.  But I think makes it even more real...the fallacy of these "rules".  We can all talk sensible and say this is what we "should do" but sometimes when the times comes it is very rare for people to actually do what they know is right and instead do something completely different because of the emotions and complexities of the situation.

Grace, I guess you found it interesting as you took time to give counter analysis on E's post πŸ˜†
I've highlighted the parts relevant to this response.

I'm not at all creative, nor do I have the knowledge of  how a show/story looks like from a creative's POV. I consider you creative, though I haven't had the chance to read any,  ppl have complimented your writing style on FF/OS. 
I have read fictions, and based on that, I could tell that this post stick to fiction only. Reality is not mixed with fiction/reel (in this case). 

Having said that, the fictional characters of Prem + Heer are the chess players. Of course, this game had rules, and  part of the rule says "Heer stands by Prem all the time for eternity."  At one point in time, it seemed like, (by looking at Heer's behaviour) she cannot forgive Prem -
This is the part estee is questioning and said, Heer seemed to have broken the rule(which she originally  created herself). 

In your response, you were explaining what happens in reality, but the post was about Premeer as characters playing chess : a perfect Prem + a perfect Heer ( both wouldn't change no matter what). In the game, breaking rule would be considered cheating, in this show, change of behaviour in Heer towards Prem seemed "un Heer " for a while, which indicated rule broken.

In the end, we know that Heer did forgive - this went back to the original  rule and all was well between Premeer. I don't have an explanation for this except Heer changed her rule again. But if ever you get a chance, E will be pleased to discuss with you πŸ˜› She loves PH πŸ˜›

Originally posted by: Xxcoolchick1xX

Preeti avs are very nice πŸ‘πŸΌ Thanks for making them πŸ˜Š

Originally posted by: pwincess1

Ive always loVed this performance of harshitti's πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71GuD-oJLW8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Nabz we all love this one. Their expressions are amazing. Thanks for sharing. πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks everyone for sharing articles, pics and videos.

additi10 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sweta2005

just watched this scene missing them so muchhh😭😭😭
additi10 thumbnail
hey guyz i need help i want the link of yaz FF  Mafia on premeer
additi10 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Xxcoolchick1xX

lovelyyyπŸ‘πŸ‘
additi10 thumbnail
Originally posted by: pwincess1

Ive always loVed this performance of harshitti's 😍😍😍

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71GuD-oJLW8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

1 of my fav performances of harshiti😳😳😳
iheartChai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: athisdagrh

Grace, I guess you found it interesting as you took time to give counter analysis on E's post πŸ˜†
I've highlighted the parts relevant to this response.

I'm not at all creative, nor do I have the knowledge of  how a show/story looks like from a creative's POV. I consider you creative, though I haven't had the chance to read any,  ppl have complimented your writing style on FF/OS. 
I have read fictions, and based on that, I could tell that this post stick to fiction only. Reality is not mixed with fiction/reel (in this case). 

Having said that, the fictional characters of Prem + Heer are the chess players. Of course, this game had rules, and  part of the rule says "Heer stands by Prem all the time for eternity."  At one point in time, it seemed like, (by looking at Heer's behaviour) she cannot forgive Prem -
This is the part estee is questioning and said, Heer seemed to have broken the rule(which she originally  created herself). 

In your response, you were explaining what happens in reality, but the post was about Premeer as characters playing chess : a perfect Prem + a perfect Heer ( both wouldn't change no matter what). In the game, breaking rule would be considered cheating, in this show, change of behaviour in Heer towards Prem seemed "un Heer " for a while, which indicated rule broken.

In the end, we know that Heer did forgive - this went back to the original  rule and all was well between Premeer. I don't have an explanation for this except Heer changed her rule again. But if ever you get a chance, E will be pleased to discuss with you πŸ˜› She loves PH πŸ˜›

I see where you are coming from.  If we were to follow the script perfectly of these fictional characters then perhaps a 3 month to 6 month of Heer unwilling to forgive Prem would be acceptable.

But even in these fictional types of shows a bit of reality is still there.  Despite what most think...we know either in our own families or others...characters of these types...situations that have occurred to even the most stable and loving environment.

My point is when these so called rules were made by Prem and Heer during the time when Veera was trying to get married to Rishabh...Prem later broke the rule himself.  He didn't tell Heer what was going on with him and his guilt of "killing" his friend Sanjana...Heer played by the rules then.  Though it didn't take long before Prem broke down and confessed to Heer...I concede to that.

But I don't understand why it is so difficult to see Heer not forgiving Prem?  As far as I was concern both parties were not playing by the rules during the time of the fiasco.  Prem suspected Heer was cheating and Heer continued to hide things from Prem.
Preeti.xo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Do check it out guys

Edited by Xxcoolchick1xX - 12 years ago