Mistis thoughts 9th may 2011 - Page 4

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by gardes

Oh my, my, my, my!  I could barely watch the show today and could not continue with the MI either (not b/c of Mishti's writing, but b/c of the show!).
Haila! Mommy! 

Where is this frigging story going?
Somewhere I think...🤔

Rohan, a child again?  Oh dear!  It was hard to watch a grown man looking silly!
 When was he a grown man?.. I mean mentally...well the chunnu munnus are just projecting themselves on someone else here.😉
Mohini turning negative?  Been around Virat too much?
Well she always had a negative streak. 
Padma shrilling like a banshee?  So unlike her original character.
Well the doctor has stolen 2 years of Rohans life and some grey cells from Padma....  

Dev opted for selective maun vrat?
He can either do that or shout at Rahika...and it alternates...so maybe this week it is maun vrat.

And what happened to Radhika?  Why is she covered up like a ganwar, when the older bahu is modernized?  I can accept her covering her head but who bought her a tent and draped it around her?
I think chunnu munnu thinks that as soon as Rdahika gets married she should be covered from  head to foot and not an inch of her skin should be shown...thats why they give her these tents to wear.

Whatever happened to the original concept of CB?  Someone started smoking something in the Production House along the way!  Haila!
Chunnu munny don't believe in original and concept. 
Edited by misti73 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by why6

Originally posted by laxmis

When I first read the update I was shocked to see 23-12 became 8 and I thought somebody must have invented a new subtraction formula and I was ignorant of that. After reading your thread I took a deep breath that I can do simple math.😊

Congratulations for your realization regarding simple maths.👏😉

Always love reading yours and  why3/why6's conversations and the other members contributions to this thread.
Thanks.😃
Originally posted by misti73

Ahhh!  Now I get it!  Great answers, Mishti, my bachhi!

Originally posted by rajsri

Why6 I agree with you regarding maintaining the core of Dev's and Rad's characters

For Dev, I really saw the whole fire incident a couple of times and my reading of the scene was that he was not hesitant, but surprised... the first time he went in he did not see Rads ... however, the whole thing was shot badly if different people are interpreting it so differently ... also, i did not like chenu holding his dad back ... chenu is  a big boy and a brother and should have gone in to save Rads ... they could have shown him falling down as he ran to save her and mansa held back by his wife and daughter ... all in all, not shown well at all ... if people are interpreting him as being hesitant, that is almost an anti hero

Sorry for jumping in here. Rajsri, TV serials go throiugh phases and the recently launched shows in almost all the channels have flawed male leads...or to some extent the leads that are to some extent anti-heroes...mostly due to some personal reason. The way they are depicting Dev now I won't be surprised if they make him similar to an anti-hero. As for that scene...the burning one, different people saw it differently...some saw what you saw and some what Angie saw...that shows that the cretives are giving mixed messages and this time the director also failed. 

The reason i liked Dev from season 1 was bcos, apart from his unconditional love for a young orphan girl,  he was idealistic to a fault,  very respectful, did not believe in blindly following superstitions  and was protective of women in general, not just rads  ... i liked him grieving over killing vish's baby and did not like it when he slapped and dragged vish out of the house ... those were times when i think they brought him down for the sake of TRPs.  As Abhay, yes they dumbed him down which was not great ... but more than him not believing rads (which is why most people hated him)  i did not like that he slept with rads and went chasing after her when he thought he was married to kanika  ... those were moral boundaries that they never showed him crossing when he thought he was married to vish.  
I didn't like him stomping out after sleeping with Rads and then putting all the blame on her...plus what you have mentioned. 

Again, I am glad that Dev is not perfect here ... but as you said they should be careful and not make him lose some of his basic character traits ... lot of people like his character and they should not make them lose that connection.  I do hope they show what he is thinking
I definitely agree that it would be good for both Dev and Rads character growth if they split temporarily after Rohan recovers ...
CB1 should have included punishment of Amma and Dev mad at Rads for the marriage lie as tracks ... hope this time around they show justice
Yes to all here.

My fear is that they would do the same with Dev here too.  For now he would act obnoxious and they would not show any other feelings from him.  Then suddenly, he would be after Radhika and Radhika would be grateful for his acceptance.  There won't be any remorse but he would be called "Maahan" for doing this and Radhika would initially be blamed and later on called "Maahan" too for acting as somebody else's wife.

Instead I would like to see that Dev loses Radhika, repents and then apologizes to her for treating her like an object to be gifted to pay his debts.  Radhika also needs to have remorse for what she did by posing as somebody else's wife.  No matter what,  both of them are playing with other people's lives.  Putting aside Maheswari's greed, Radhika is playing with the feelings of a family (she doesn't know the motives at this point) by posing as somebody else. 

Also, they need to show that Radhika is hurt by Dev's actions where he rejected her when it suited him and accepted her when it was ok from his point of view.  Her feelings are of no concern to him and Radhika should be shown hurt by that.  She should be shown rejecting Dev's version of love.  He has to show her that she truly matters before she can accept him.  There has to be his agni-pariksha too.  But I doubt they would show anything complex because to do that requires a lot of thought and a script that doesn't change according to TRPs.

I didn't like him stomping out after sleeping with Rads and then putting all the blame on her...plus what you have mentioned. 

Why6, misti

definitely want to forget that one ... possibly one of the lowest points in the show

for me, the hesitating before rescuing does not make sense ... he did come to her room and was talking to her gently and then went ballistic when he found out that she had told rohan the truth... somehow, the shouting after is something i can tolerate not the hesitating before rescuing ... either case, bad directing of that particular scene