Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smallwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
I agree, first kangdi was stopping rashi from shopping all the time... So now why is she taking her things😕
Originally posted by: smallwonder

I agree, first kangdi was stopping rashi from shopping all the time... So now why is she taking her things😕

exactly!
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: nkapoor

yeh when a woman is married she shud act as a puppet in the hands of her in-laws! she shud not wear wat she wants to wear, she shud not shop either! I actually think it was unfair for the mother-in-law to ruin her holidays! u r only young once! I know many housewives who wear jeans and shop like hell in their holidays and spend quality time with their husbands on their holidays, is that a crime? geez! just because her gopi does not have a life, that does not mean others do not have a right to one! she shud only care about her bahu and shud stop ruining it for everyone else!

Well you have to follow whether you like it or not. Especially if you are living in joint families. Dont you know that in our society the rules for single and married women are different. One they were not on holiday this was a business trip. Her husband had gone there to work. If this trip was a proper holiday I do not think anyone would have minded what ever she did. Second of all when she shopped she never considered her in laws to get gifts for them too. The only person whom she thought about was only her mother. What about her father and brother.

About not wearing jeans and stuff there are lots of families in India and Pakistan who are traditional. There is saying" If you are in Rome, do as what the Romans do". 
Originally posted by: sunflower52

Well you have to follow whether you like it or not. Especially if you are living in joint families. Dont you know that in our society the rules for single and married women are different. One they were not on holiday this was a business trip. Her husband had gone there to work. If this trip was a proper holiday I do not think anyone would have minded what ever she did. Second of all when she shopped she never considered her in laws to get gifts for them too. The only person whom she thought about was only her mother. What about her father and brother.

About not wearing jeans and stuff there are lots of families in India and Pakistan who are traditional. There is saying" If you are in Rome, do as what the Romans do". 

yes and that is why she wears a sari at home, but I see nothing wrong with her wearing jeans in foreign! she was clearly there for a holiday! and also i have said this time and again if the family really wanted gifts she shud've been told! she might've even gotten a few gifts for the family if she had got the time! she might've been a lil inconsiderate, but stealing her shopping like this is real nasty! Edited by nkapoor - 12 years ago
badnam thumbnail
yes and that is why she wears a sari at home, but I see nothing wrong with her wearing jeans in foreign! she was clearly there for a holiday! and also i have said this time and again if the family really wanted gifts she shud've been told! she might've even gotten a few gifts for the family if she had got the time! she might've been a lil inconsiderate, but stealing her shopping like this is real nasty!

There is nothing wrong in wearing jeans and there is nothing wrong in doing shopping and yes it is wrong to take away someone's shopping like Kokila did. BUT things are not that simple in life. Things are not always black and white. If you take things in perspective you will understand the wrong and right here. Rashi knew very well Modi's do not allow jeans in their family. When she agreed to marry Jigar, she basically agrees to honor Modi culture. Now its her duty to follow that. Its wrong of her to wear jeans now knowing fully well that its not acceptable to Modi family. That doe snot mean people wearing jeans are wrong. It means Rashi chooses to ignore her decorum.. which is definitely wrong
same is with shopping, the moment she came out of Airport, she started her shopping ignoring all reminders from Ahem and Jigar that they are getting late for the meeting. I would say that spineless fellow Jigar should have taken her credit card or money from her right then. anyways, apart from whoever she shops for, her attitude was very very wrong. No consideration for anybody or anything, just busy spending Ahem/Chirag's hard earned money on useless shopping for herself and her mom. So wrong!!
As for Koki taking her stuff, well, as they say, "Laato ke bhoot, baato se nahin maante" It means some souls can only be taught by actions and not words. Koki could have reprimanded Rashi all she wants but that would not have impacted Rashi at all. So koki took an action that impacted Rashi and her Mom. sometimes you have to take wrong actions to teach your kids a lesson. There is nothing wrong in that. You will understand that once you become a mother.. :)
hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
yes and that is why she wears a sari at home, but I see nothing wrong with her wearing jeans in foreign! she was clearly there for a holiday! and also i have said this time and again if the family really wanted gifts she shud've been told! she might've even gotten a few gifts for the family if she had got the time! she might've been a lil inconsiderate, but stealing her shopping like this is real nasty!
[QUOTE] 
There is nothing wrong in wearing jeans and there is nothing wrong in doing shopping and yes it is wrong to take away someone's shopping like Kokila did. BUT things are not that simple in life. Things are not always black and white. If you take things in perspective you will understand the wrong and right here. Rashi knew very well Modi's do not allow jeans in their family. When she agreed to marry Jigar, she basically agrees to honor Modi culture. Now its her duty to follow that. Its wrong of her to wear jeans now knowing fully well that its not acceptable to Modi family. That doe snot mean people wearing jeans are wrong. It means Rashi chooses to ignore her decorum.. which is definitely wrong
same is with shopping, the moment she came out of Airport, she started her shopping ignoring all reminders from Ahem and Jigar that they are getting late for the meeting. I would say that spineless fellow Jigar should have taken her credit card or money from her right then. anyways, apart from whoever she shops for, her attitude was very very wrong. No consideration for anybody or anything, just busy spending Ahem/Chirag's hard earned money on useless shopping for herself and her mom. So wrong!!
As for Koki taking her stuff, well, as they say, "Laato ke bhoot, baato se nahin maante" It means some souls can only be taught by actions and not words. Koki could have reprimanded Rashi all she wants but that would not have impacted Rashi at all. So koki took an action that impacted Rashi and her Mom. sometimes you have to take wrong actions to teach your kids a lesson. There is nothing wrong in that. You will understand that once you become a mother.. :)

It's useless to try & make people understand, especially when they don't wish to understand 😆  Neither Rashi nor her mother.
Edited by hamzanuha - 12 years ago
yes and that is why she wears a sari at home, but I see nothing wrong with her wearing jeans in foreign! she was clearly there for a holiday! and also i have said this time and again if the family really wanted gifts she shud've been told! she might've even gotten a few gifts for the family if she had got the time! she might've been a lil inconsiderate, but stealing her shopping like this is real nasty! [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
two wrongs do not make a right!
badnam thumbnail
Huh? Can you please elaborate?
two wrongs do not make a right![/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
wats there to explain? there is an old philosophy and saying that says that being mean to sumone mean is not the answer! as in 2 wrongs do not make a right! especially when Raashi is not being punished for the right things! this will not change her attitude! unecessary punihsment does not help!
badnam thumbnail
Originally posted by: nkapoor

wats there to explain? there is an old philosophy and saying that says that being mean to sumone mean is not the answer! as in 2 wrongs do not make a right! especially when Raashi is not being punished for the right things! this will not change her attitude! unecessary punihsment does not help!

Good so you do agree Rashi was wrong..😃 Thats all I wanted to hear. Actually I also agree with you regarding Kokila. Her taking away things was in a bad taste. but that does not make Rashi as "Poor Rashi".