Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Nikita, my dear, reading your posts, I've come to the conclusion that it's useless to present you with arguments in favour of Koki or about Rashi.

You are determined to stick to your stand. And since I respect that you have views totally opposite to mine, I won't bother you with my viewpoint again. Come here & vent your feelings against Koki. But respect others' feelings on the forum too.

Thanks, it was good to read your arguments. Take care.
Edited by hamzanuha - 12 years ago
ANJ4 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: -Sonia-xx

Ha ha, seems like you're new to the forum, welcome!

Indeed what Kokila did was morally wrong, but hey, look at what the mother-daughter duo Rashi and Urmila have done. Rashi hadn't really shopped for anyone else apart from herself and her mother.

That's why Kokila to teach her a lesson did that.

Besides, if Rashi's shopping was to go to Urmila anyway, than I believe Kokila was right, atleast the gifts would go to some respectable people not silly greedy ones- who in return become more greedy than thankful.

u go girl ...Hehehehehe...  Iove koki for doing what she did...no wonder i like her.
Originally posted by: hamzanuha

Nikita, my dear, reading your posts, I've come to the conclusion that it's useless to present you with arguments in favour of Koki or about Rashi.

You are determined to stick to your stand. And since I respect that you have views totally opposite to mine, I won't bother you with my viewpoint again. Come here & vent your feelings against Koki. But respect others' feelings on the forum too.

Thanks, it was good to read your arguments. Take care.

I have also come to realise that people will not change their biased views for koki! but still I argue! because that is the only way I like to do things, if u cannot argue anymore, that is ok!
Originally posted by: taral83

Is there something special about living in 2011? Just like you said there is nothing wrong in wearing jeans, there is nothing wrong in wearing a sari. We had this discussion in the past about Rashi wearing jeans. I agree that they shouldn't have went all decked out and at least wear salwar. But you have to remember this is TV, and things are taken out of proportion. Its always over the top. They are trying to convey a strict traditional gujarati family. Just like you don't wear a skimpy dress to the mandhir same rules apply here. Its out of respect that they are asked to wear a sari. To respect the Modi tradition. They are daughter in laws as you said...and Rashi the daughter in law totally forgot about her own mother in law when it came to shopping, she forgot about her father in law, her granny in law and so forth. So when its "convenient"  one wants to call her the daughter in law? Doesn't work that way, she has a responsibility which is must understand sooner then later. I am assuming your not married or newly married, because once you get married you will know and learn and understand a lot. Koki is only trying to teach Rashi exactly those lessons of life. Koki doesn't even excuse her own daughter, if you remember, Kinjal came to her maayka without asking Urmila, Koki yelled at her for coming without asking. She isn't bias nor unfair. She isn't perfect but then again that would make her god if she was...

there is nothing wrong with wearing a sari! no one said that there was! but raashi is no puppet, she deserves to live the way she wants to! she made the effort to change into a sari, that is good enough! there is nothing wrong with guiding ur bahu and telling her to buy stuff from the family rather then taking her shopping away! and why is it always expected that the bahu shud live her life according to the in-laws? why can't there by compromise both ways? there are very few women like gopi who just follow orders! who have their own thinking and wishes! and I think that is absolutely fine! women are not cattle! they do not have to be treated like this!
Edited by nkapoor - 12 years ago
soapbubble thumbnail
I thought Koki was being extra nasty to Rashi by taking away her things but you know who really shocked me? Urmila! Before Koki came in, she was blithely taking away that lovely make up set for herself - I mean, Rashi is a young girl and here is her own mother claiming the whole lot. I think Urmi for all her so called 'dikri dikri' chant is a supremely selfish woman who doesn't care a hoot for her daughter's happiness - or she would not stand there milking her for every paisa.

Koki was general nonsense but Urmila's behaviour is too vicious.
Bubble
hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nkapoor

I have also come to realise that people will not change their biased views for koki! but still I argue! because that is the only way I like to do things, if u cannot argue anymore, that is ok!

@ Bold - Pls understand I do not want to argue further, & not because I can't argue. There's a difference.

@ Red - That proves what I said earlier " arguing for the sake of arguing" 😆
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
To the TM, sometimes you have to be harsh to teach a lesson to people like Rashi and Urmila. You have to be married to understand that you have to follow the rules of your in laws like you do at your parents house.

I am glad Koki did that. There lots of people who up hold their tradition what is wrong in that. Just because you go out of your country you forget your tradition I think thats wrong. 

When married you have to think about your in laws as well not only your maayka. 
-Vrinda- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i dont like rashi as a chracter,but yes i felt sad as koki shoudnt have taken evrything even the makeup,sad...
Originally posted by: hamzanuha

@ Bold - Pls understand I do not want to argue further, & not because I can't argue. There's a difference.

@ Red - That proves what I said earlier " arguing for the sake of arguing" 😆

wat do u mean arguing for the sake of it? ohhh so just because I oppose ur arguement that is why I am arguing for the sake of it??? wat nonsense! I have a valid point! which I have proved with a valid argument! thankyou very much!
Originally posted by: sunflower52

To the TM, sometimes you have to be harsh to teach a lesson to people like Rashi and Urmila. You have to be married to understand that you have to follow the rules of your in laws like you do at your parents house.

I am glad Koki did that. There lots of people who up hold their tradition what is wrong in that. Just because you go out of your country you forget your tradition I think thats wrong. 

When married you have to think about your in laws as well not only your maayka. 

yeh when a woman is married she shud act as a puppet in the hands of her in-laws! she shud not wear wat she wants to wear, she shud not shop either! I actually think it was unfair for the mother-in-law to ruin her holidays! u r only young once! I know many housewives who wear jeans and shop like hell in their holidays and spend quality time with their husbands on their holidays, is that a crime? geez! just because her gopi does not have a life, that does not mean others do not have a right to one! she shud only care about her bahu and shud stop ruining it for everyone else!