Posted: 12 years ago
Personally,I never think whether its a commercial film/art film before watching the movie..I just look at the script,the actors..and if its fine..I go ahead watching the movie!😉

So I would say..3 Idiots..its not an art film..nor it is a fultoo masala film...but for me..it was a COMPLETE FILM!..It had everything..from dialogues to sensitivity to creativity to songs to latkas jhatkas to story in the perfect ratio!

Anyhow if I really have to say about art films like the showl world does..i would say..mr and Mrs Iyer![though i really dont know whether it falls into the category of an art film]😕

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Indian Parallel cinema (off the top of my head):

Suraj Ka Satvan Ghoda
Garam Hawa
Ek Doctor ki maut
Dhobi Ghat

Masala: I like most slapstick and romantic comedies. It's fun to watch mush, over-the-top drama and stars in designer wears singing popular tunes.
Edited by TheDilettante - 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Kabeer.

Khamosh Paani & Water

Lisa Ray was a miscast, no? Her character just didn't appeal. I couldn't empathize with her. Loved the last scene though.

.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: TheDilettante

Indian Parallel cinema (off the top of my head):

Suraj Ka Satvan Ghoda
Garam Hawa
Ek Doctor ki maut
Dhobi Ghat

Masala: I like most slapstick and romantic comedies. It's fun to watch mush, over-the-top drama and stars in designer wears singing popular tunes.

Same here! 😊 But there should be limitation for me...I didn't like TMK and IHLS. But I loved Welcome, SIK, and a lot of Salman movies are full of masla eg Wanted and Partner...love them. I also loved OSO and DDLJ and KKHH. I think these are what I call best masala films. And JWM and DDLJ is the best romantic comedies for me.
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Sometimes I find myslef enjoying films if they have great songs in it. Like Partner for example, I loved every single song in the film. But I love the film also, govinda is hilarious in the film, And even though HDKG (with akki and Katrina) is not the best romantic flick...I enjoy the film because of the songs. And Katrina did an awesome job in the film. She looked beautiful and acted well.
Edited by beboholic - 12 years ago
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: TheDilettante

Lisa Ray was a miscast, no? Her character just didn't appeal. I couldn't empathize with her. Loved the last scene though.

Agreed Maya! Other viable options were available but somehow settled for her instead.
Edited by Kabeer. - 12 years ago

Chachi 420.

Monsoon Wedding.

This content was originally posted by: .sb.

Personally,I never think whether its a commercial film/art film before watching the movie..I just look at the script,the actors..and if its fine..I go ahead watching the movie!😉

ditto.😊

Edited by mogliF21 - 12 years ago
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I dontthinkUdaan is really an art film to whoever said it above, its more of a coming of age story. Dev.D has arthouse elements to it, as does Being Cyrus.
Mru_bee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
masala and art movies ( no idea how to categorize 😛 😆)

Hazaron Khwaishey Aisey
Hera Pheri ( Akshay-Suneil-Paresh Rawal)
Bheja Fry
Mr and Mrs Iyer
Rocketsingh salesman of the year

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i liked Dor.. starring ayesha takia & gul panag