lizdarcy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
It was a dark, moonless night. A lone figure roamed the streets, keeping to the shadows. He saw a little group around a fire and wondered if it would be wise to join them. He was frozen to the bone, and he knew that he could get help if he asked them. But it was too dangerous. He had to find her himself.

It had been a rough few months. He'd been attacked and left for dead. His assailants still thought he was dead. But Dutta Shriram Patil was a phantom. He rose from the ashes, like a phoenix, everytime he was attacked. He still didn't know who it was, but he knew that he couldn't put his family at risk again. He had decided to lay low,and then he found out that Naku had been missing ever since he'd been kidnapped. His family believed them both dead.

The news had driven him to despair, but he wasn't ready to believe it yet. It couldn't be. She was alive, she had to be. She was the reason he breathed. How could he believe the lies others told? And so, he'd set out searching for her. He was sure that she was somewhere in the village.

He'd enquired around, and from what he heard, they had found a girl a few days ago. Something told him it was Naku. It had to be. He kept a watch on the house where the girl was staying along with her rescuers. It was soon dawn, and he noticed a girl come out of the house. His heart leapt into his throat. It was Naku. His Naku, dark! and beautiful as ever. She looked lost. The street was deserted. They could escape now.

He reached out and stopped her. She turned around and looked at him. He could find no words, for his heart was about to burst with happiness. He looked into her eyes, and saw something like a flicker of recognition, before she pulled away. He was confused now. She ran back to the house and left Dutta standing there, wondering what he'd done wrong.

Dutta was about to follow her in when he noticed her come out again with a tall man. She was holding his hand, and Dutta suddenly wanted to break it. He felt his heart break, as he watched her smile at him. Why was Naku doing this to him? Didn't she love him any longer? He wasn't ready to believe it that she had betrayed him. His heart just wouldn't agree. He wanted to confront the man, break every bone in his body, but his instincts told him to wait. Something was very, very wrong here.

He had found a place to stay and he kept himself hidden for the most part of day. All he wanted to do was see her, hold her tight in his arms. He couldn't live another moment without her. That evening, he watched as she played with the kids. She was chirpy and yet terribly sad. He didn't know what had happened to her, but his Naku was behaving strangely. She seemed content sitting with them, sharing stories until she called out...Saab. His heart leapt and he knew she had sensed his presence, but even before he reached her, the man was there. Dutta watched as she chanted his name over and over again, entreating the man to let her go to her saab. Dutta felt rage build within him, and he was about to pounce out of the shadows when he suddenly stopped. The man knelt beside her and told her, tell me about saab. She just kept crying and chanting his name aloud. And that was the moment Naku broke Dutta's heart all over again. He felt his tears flow as he watched her walk away from the man to the riverside. They left her alone.

She was staring at the moon reflected in the water. Suddenly a dark figure obscured the moon. She turned around, and even though she couldn't see his face, she felt it deep within her. 'Saab', she cried out. He took her in his arms as she went on with her childish chatter. Naku hadn't really recognized him, but she knew it was him. He kissed her, and whispered, 'I promise Naku, never to leave you again. I know that some part of you recognizes me. I promise, I won't stop till you remember everything. I'll bring you back, I'll bring every memory back. I will kiss all your wounds away, like you've done for me. Your love has brought me back from the dead, again and again. Now, my love will heal all your wounds, dry all your tears.'

He kissed each tear away slowly stealing her pain, and replacing it with laughter.

P.S. It's kind of stupid. OK, REALLY stupid. I wrote this on a whim, and haven't even proofed it. It just came to me as I was wondering...what if Dutta came back for Naku, and realized that she had lost her memory. What if he had the chance to take care of her, be there for her like she'd done all this time. I wish I could see something like this. I wish.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rama_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
like always Liz... very beautiful.. jus brings 😭

πŸ€—Thanks for posting...
lizdarcy thumbnail
Originally posted by: rama_2010

like always Liz... very beautiful.. jus brings 😭

πŸ€—Thanks for posting...

Thanks Rama.

I can only wish for something like this to happen. I guess I still haven't gotten over the sad demise of the show. 😭
-Ritz- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
That was heartbreaking to read. Very well written. πŸ‘
I want Naku's saab to come back in the show and it should be only MR. Dutttaaa😭

lizdarcy thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Ritz-

That was heartbreaking to read. Very well written. πŸ‘
I want Naku's saab to come back in the show and it should be only MR. Dutttaaa😭

Of course, it can only be Mishal. I've given up on the show, but some part of me still dreams of seeing them together again. I somehow believe(stupidly) that MR's return could still salvage the show. Sigh. I'm hopeless.😊
*dewdrop~pearl* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow, Liz! This is BEAUTIFUL πŸ‘! I just loved your concept and thought! Can you please continue this...please 😳?!

lizdarcy thumbnail
Originally posted by: *dewdrop~pearl*

Wow, Liz! This is BEAUTIFUL πŸ‘! I just loved your concept and thought! Can you please continue this...please 😳?!

Thanks DP!😊 Continue...πŸ˜† I dunno, maybe if inspiration strikes again. But yes, I really like the idea of Dutta caring for Naku, so I will try and continue.
Pooja_219 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Beautifully written LizπŸ‘
But,somehow it brought tears 😭

Originally posted by: lizdarcy

Of course, it can only be Mishal. I've given up on the show, but some part of me still dreams of seeing them together again. I somehow believe(stupidly) that MR's return could still salvage the show. Sigh. I'm hopeless.😊

I so can relate with you, Liz! I love this show SOO much, that inspite of knowing that the show running right now is not OUR LTL, and they have really ruined it at various levels, at some deep corner of my heart, I still "hope" we are able to see Tasha together again . When Dutta-Nakusha love story ended, we were left wanting for more. So no matter how much damage recovery it might take for current LTL, I just hope against hope, that MR comes back and we get back our old LTL 😭. Even if it might not be able to match up to our classic LTL, still an attempt in that direction will also be highly appreciated by me, at this point when I'm REALLY missing MR and Tasha like hell ! Its like, even if you get a drop of water in the middle of a desert, something is always better than nothing right πŸ˜’.

Btw Liz, do try catching up on D-N Eternal Love Story thread, written by one of the original writer of LTL on the forum. I'm sure it might provide you with a slight relief, atleast. And the story is really catching momentum πŸ˜‰, its an interesting read, is somehow keeping alive Dutta and Tasha in our hearts.

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 12 years ago