Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Dev and Radhika get fiery

Zee TV's Choti Bahu had their third fire sequence that lasted for more than 48 hours. All the principal actors were involved in the shooting which took a toll on them.

Rohan aka Sourabh's health didn't get affected as much as the lead pair Dev aka Avinash Sachdeva and Radhika aka Rubina Dialik were. They both suffer from sinus stroke so the fire sequence literally took their breath away.

The three of them were shooting for a sequence around a bonfire where the scene entailed that a burning log falls on Rohan and Dev has to rush to save his life, while Radhika stands as an innocuous bystander as she is too stunned to even move. During the actual shoot, things took a different turn. As the burning log started descending both Radhika and Dev followed their natural instincts and started running simultaneously to save Rohan which resulted in total chaos. Radhika tripped on her lehenga and on the other hand, Rohan was caught between the bonfire and the amber red log of wood, while Dev was the only one safe from any mishap.

Dev faced a dilemma as he had to decide whom to save? Radhika or Rohan? Radhika's his fiance and the love of his life and Rohan has recently become a good friend. The dilemma lasted for a few seconds as Radhika composed herself quickly and sat up, leaving Dev to move ahead and rescue Rohan from getting injured.

Avinash recollected, "All three of us were so involved in the scene that we forgot that we were shooting. When I rushed to help Rohan, Radhika gave me that look which indicated trouble ahead, but after all were safe, we had a hearty laugh and felt blessed that no one was hurt. The experience was quite scary as it has totally affected our health. This would be our third fire sequence in the show and now we are used to such fire sequences."

We spoke to Radhika aka Rubina Dialik, "This particular scene lasted for more than 12 hours and the whole fire sequence had affected my health very badly as for two days my voice was completely choked but for an actor the show must go on. This fire sequence would be third as in season 1, I faced two such fire sequences and it's very risky to do such sequences. There are many precautions the production company takes but when actors get close to the fire anything can happen."

Later on we spoke to Rohan aka Saurabh, "It was very hot and for the first time I had do such huge kind of fire sequence which was risky but at the same time I got to know learn some thing from this scene. For this scene I got lot of appreciation from directors and creative's and now I am playing a small kid which is again complete variation in my role. For this particular scene I had to shoot long 48 hours."

Tune into Choti Bahu every Monday to Friday, 7:30 PM, only on Zee TV

Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Thanks for sharing Tanu all fire scene shooting  is such a hazard for the actors We could see in the episodes that both Avi and Radhika's voice were effected and really appreciate the brave sporting way they have taken it Kodos to all of them
misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks Armu4eva.

😑 and Zee plus PH still insists on playing with fire again and again. Wonder when will they grow up.

Rubinas voice overs were sounding hoarse and that did make me wonder whether it was due to smoke inhalation (which can cause serious damage to the wind pipe) . Good to know that the actors are safe...its extremey unsafe to wear heavy lehenga and shoot in that inferno...and for what? some TRP? A good script will get them good TRPs where they won't have to use dangerous stunts. Appreciate the actors for their hard work.
Edited by misti73 - 12 years ago
ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing. All actors have done amazing work. Working with fire is indeed difficult and scary a lot.
chymanju7 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the article...as Ruby said her voice was choked for that reason her voice was a little bit different in the show last week...love u both Avina
shalini01 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanks alot for sharing, thank God they were safe.
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 Its high time Creatives should put full stop to their love for fire sequence ...Its too risky for the lives of the concerned  actors...Thats why Rubina voice was hoarse and as Misti said , can effect the wind pipe ...Why because of their small time gains have to resort to  these kind of scenes ,it can go out of control ...DJ,s already have done these fire sequence s , so should think something else to give the twist ...Hats off to actors who goes through all these kind of risk to bring authenticity  in the scene , not caring about their life...Security measures should be in place ...Thanks Armu for the article
Edited by neerjashingla - 12 years ago
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
thanks for the article tanu...πŸ€—
awww... dat was bad... 
its good dat they all took it in their right stride n shot for the sequence...😊
chammak_challo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Wow. It's amazing how actors like these get so involved in the scenes that they in a way "forget" its not real lifeπŸ˜†
But on a more serious note, I think the CV's/DJs need to take extra precautions about the actors' health - Health is more important than anything else...!!
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This PH is ridiculous for putting their actors through so much danger.  Their first fire track fetched them great TRPs even though I really believe that people were watching to see that Radhika would be rescued by Dev as Kanha won't let her burn.  The ratings started falling after that track.  In any case,  PH thinks this pulls the ratings and so show it again and again.

If only they would use half of the expense of shooting such sequence on good writers who can write dramatic sequences without showing such nonsense.  Anyway, CB audience are now used to such "shock" scenes and most only feel irritated.  I too fast forwarded most of the fire scene.

Also, the scene described here is different from what they showed in the episode.  It would have made more sense that Dev was in a dilemma to choose one person over the other, but chose Rohan in the end as Radhika was relatively safe.  The actual events shown where he hesitated to save Radhika brought down his character.