Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

The scariest experience of my life-Akshara

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Akshara's Column: The scariest experience of my life

Hello readers! This past week, I went through the most traumatic experience of my life. Getting locked for hours in the bank locker really shook me up. Such experiences can really leave a mark on you and sometimes even help you get a correct perspective in life.

I was all set to have fun at the godhbharai ceremony of Payal's sister in-law but little did I know about the trouble awaiting me. After pampering myself at the parlour, I headed towards the bank to pick my jewellery for the function. Then suddenly I found myself locked in the locker room of the bank, something that I never imagined in my wildest dreams. I kept shouting and screaming for help but no one came to my rescue as the bank had closed for the day. I even tried contacting Naitik on the mobile but could not get through. By this time, hours had passed and shivers were running down my spine as I was worried and frantic about getting out. I could not control myself any longer and broke down. I kept praying that someone rescue me.

Luckily, I had a little water and a piece of chocolate in my purse, but that really did not help much. This made me realize how privileged I am to be a part of a family where I get four proper meals a day. Thinking of my family made me very emotional, and I thought they must be so worried about me. I wish I had informed someone about my whereabouts as now I had no way of contacting them.

I can't tell you how relieved I felt when Naitik came along with the police and got me out of the room. The feeling of getting out of the nightmarish situation was indescribable. I was emotional, happy, overwhelmed, relived ?all at once. Naitik realized how scared and traumatized I was, so when we reached home he did everything he could to make me feel better. We spent some emotional moments together. Even the rest of the family was glad and relieved to see me back, hale and hearty. They all took good care of me.

The next day, we attended a party at Nikhilji's house. I noticed that Dadaji felt uncomfortable in the modern ambiance as Nikhil's family is not as traditional as ours. We managed to keep him engaged with likeminded people and all was well. Once home, Rashmi was worried about Dadaji's reaction to Nikhil and his family's attitude but Naitik and I assured her that we would handle the situation.

However, to tell you the truth I do have some reservations about Nikhil myself. I feel the way he insists on meeting Rashmi alone before marriage is not done. I agree two people who are about to be married would like to meet but it should be with a chaperone, a trusted friend, like I had Varsha with me whenever I met Naitik before marriage.

Talking from my own experience, I realize it is wise to listen to your elders as they want the best for their kids and will always support and guide you. They will never give their children wrong advice. I was nave during my interactions with Rituraj, the first proposal that came for me. And I remember the damage it costs my family. When things didn't work out with him, everyone was hurt and disappointed. Of course, things turned out well in my case as I got married to Naitik but there is no guarantee that it will be the same with everyone. It is better to be safe than sorry.

It may sound unfair but the truth and reality is that people point fingers at girls and not guys when a proposal goes sour, so girls should be extra careful when it comes to handling such relationships. As they say, it takes ages to make a relationship but just a few minutes to break it. My advice to Rashmi is to think twice before agreeing to anything that Nikhilji suggests. I hope she takes it slow and involves the family in her interactions with him. I also hope all the reservations Dadaji has about Nikhilji are eased over time.

Meanwhile, do write in to me at [email protected] with your messages, advices and suggestions and anything else you wish to share. It will help me in better knowing and understanding you all.

Fan Comments

Tallapaka Haritha- Hi Akshara i am Dr.Haritha from Tirupathi. I am very happy to message you. Your acting is awesome. I will never miss your show. I will be watching your show all the time when it telecasts. please do reply .
Akshara- Hi, Dr Haritha. Thanks for writing in. It's nice to know that you are a regular viewer of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai and that you enjoy watching my performance. Keep watching.

Indu Priya- hai hina di.The episode in which u were locked in the locker room was awesome. Great acting and very emotional too. You made all of us cry too. Keep going in the same way. bye.
Akshara- Hi, Indu. It was very scary being locked alone in the locker room of the bank. I hope such an incident never happens with anyone. Thanks for being with me during these testing times and appreciating my performance.

Meghanam- hi akshara(hina),kaisi ho?tumne mujhe reply kyu nahi kiya?Hina mai tumhari bahut achi fan hu.Tumhari show roz dekthi hu."YEH RISHTA KYA KEHLATA HAI" ab bahut acha chal raha.Tumhari acting mujhe bahut pasand hai,tum mere favourite actress ho,hina tum sweet aur caring ho.Apna kyal rakhna.Mujhe please please reply karna,mai tumhari intizaar karoongi.bye.
Akshara- Hi Meghanam, I hope you are happy that I am replying to you this time. Thanks for all the wonderful compliments and kind words. Keeping watching our show and take care.

Seema Agarwal- i am addcited to the show. Akshara and Naitik are simply superb. Guess what I have made eight friends of mine also addicted to this show.Amazing.At least one serial on tv which we relate to. Love you guys.
Akshara- It's great to know that you and your friends relate to our show Seema. Thanks for all the love and appreciation and keep writing to me, I would love to hear from you.

Anjali Nair- hi akshara didi. My name is anjali. I'm from south india Kerala -The gods own country.I just love your show. Me and my mom are used to watch the hindi serials rather than the south Indian ones.I love both of your chemistry and especially you. Your smile, your dressing accessories and all. Your simply superb, love you. May god bless u always. Wish you all success in your life.
Akshara- Hi Anjali, I have heard a lot about the beauty of Kerala. Next time send me some photographs of the place too. I am glad to hear that you and your mom love our show. Thanks for all the compliments. God bless.

Hill Road Media
Monday, May 09, 2011
http://starplus.startv.in/news/1709/akshara's-column-the-scariest-experience-of-my-life.aspxEdited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pvlaks thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Thanks  for  sharing  the  article...one  thing  i  agree  that  if  rishta  toot  jata  hai  tho  people  ll point    finger  at  ladki  only...dont  know  why...
--Sari-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Most traumatic experience of my life? Itna sab hone ke baad bhi tum kitni great ho๐Ÿ‘

• Ghar pahunchte hi, aap sab ne khana khaaya?
  • Next day, Rashmi ke sasural ke liye gift packing
  • Sr Deora's party mein haazir & DJ aur Rashmi ke liye babysitting.

I agree two people who are about to be married would like to meet but it should be with a chaperone, a trusted friend, like I had Varsha with me whenever I met Naitik before marriage.

Oh, was it always with a chaperon? Was Varsha always there?

However, to tell you the truth I do have some reservations about Nikhil myself. I feel the way he insists on meeting Rashmi alone before marriage is not done.

Should Nikhilji be blamed completely? Does Rashmi care to inform anyone? TG, otherwise bhabhi will be in trouble as always

I noticed that Dadaji felt uncomfortable in the modern ambiance as Nikhil's family is not as traditional as ours. We managed to keep him engaged with likeminded people and all was well.

Kya kahu, DJ, DJ, DJ... Doodh peetha baccha hai kya?๐Ÿคข

I was naive during my interactions with Rituraj, the first proposal that came for me. 

Hai bhagwan, I am now convinced this wasn't just a crush...๐Ÿ˜†Girl, the last time I checked Rituraj has moved on...๐Ÿคฃ

Tips for girls, don't even think of overstepping your bounds๐Ÿฅฑ

• It may sound unfair but the truth and reality is that people point fingers at girls and not guys when a proposal goes sour, so girls should be extra careful when it comes to handling such relationships.
  • As they say, it takes ages to make a relationship but just a few minutes to break it.
  • I realize it is wise to listen to your elders as they want the best for their kids and will always support and guide you.
  • My advice to Rashmi is to think twice before agreeing to anything that Nikhilji suggests.

I am now convinced my mother writes these columns. Kal I wrote on some discussion about my own experience with my mom & here it is is on paper๐Ÿ˜† I think my mom monitors IF too...๐Ÿคฃ Mom, reveal yourself...kya userid hai?๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by FLGators - 12 years ago
Originally posted by: FLGators

Most traumatic experience of my life? Itna sab hone ke baad
bhi tum kitni great ho๐Ÿ‘

• Sr Deora's party mein haazir & DJ aur Rashmi
    ke liye babysitting.

I agree two people who are about to be married would like to
meet but it should be with a chaperone, a trusted friend, like I had Varsha
with me whenever I met Naitik before marriage.

However, to tell you the truth I do have some reservations
about Nikhil myself. I feel the way he insists on meeting Rashmi alone before
marriage is not done.

Should Nikhilji be blamed
completely? Does Rashmi care to inform anyone? TG, otherwise
bhabhi will be in trouble as always

I noticed that Dadaji felt uncomfortable in the modern
ambiance as Nikhil's family is not as traditional as ours. We managed to keep
him engaged with likeminded people and all was well.

I was naive during my interactions with Rituraj, the first
proposal that came for me.

Hai bhagwan, I am now convinced this wasn't just a crush...๐Ÿ˜†Girl,
the last time I checked Rituraj has moved on...๐Ÿคฃ

• It may sound unfair but the truth and reality is that people
    point fingers at girls and not guys when a proposal goes sour, so girls should
    be extra careful when it comes to handling such relationships.

• As they say, it takes ages to make a relationship but just a
    few minutes to break it.

• I realize it is wise to listen to your elders as they want
    the best for their kids and will always support and guide you.
  • My advice to Rashmi is to think twice before agreeing to
    anything that Nikhilji suggests.

</p>

I am now convinced my mother writes these columns. Kal I
wrote on some discussion about my own experience with my mom & here it is is on paper๐Ÿ˜† I think my mom monitors
IF too...
๐Ÿคฃ Mom, reveal yourself...kya userid hai?๐Ÿ˜†

<p>

You r hilarious di... ๐Ÿคฃ
_Divya_ thumbnail

Most traumatic experience of my life? Itna sab hone ke baad bhi tum kitni great ho๐Ÿ‘

Ghar pahunchte hi, aap sab ne khana khaaya? Next day, Rashmi ke sasural ke liye gift packing

I agree two people who are about to be married would like to meet but it should be with a chaperone, a trusted friend, like I had Varsha with me whenever I met Naitik before marriage.

However, to tell you the truth I do have some reservations about Nikhil myself. I feel the way he insists on meeting Rashmi alone before marriage is not done.

Should Nikhilji be blamed completely? Does Rashmi care to inform anyone? TG, otherwise bhabhi will be in trouble as always

I noticed that Dadaji felt uncomfortable in the modern ambiance as Nikhil's family is not as traditional as ours. We managed to keep him engaged with likeminded people and all was well.

I was naive during my interactions with Rituraj, the first proposal that came for me. 

Hai bhagwan, I am now convinced this wasn't just a crush...๐Ÿ˜†Girl, the last time I checked Rituraj has moved on...๐Ÿคฃ

•   It may sound unfair but the truth and reality is that people point fingers at girls and not guys when a proposal goes sour, so girls should be extra careful when it comes to handling such relationships.
  • As they say, it takes ages to make a relationship but just a few minutes to break it.
    I realize it is wise to listen to your elders as they want the best for their kids and will always support and guide you.
  • My advice to Rashmi is to think twice before agreeing to anything that Nikhilji suggests.

I am now convinced my mother writes these columns. Kal I wrote on some discussion about my own experience with my mom & here it is is on paper๐Ÿ˜† I think my mom monitors IF too...๐Ÿคฃ Mom, reveal yourself...kya userid hai?๐Ÿ˜†

yaar m falling in love with ur post more day-by-day

@red:๐Ÿ‘
Edited by divi4u - 12 years ago
pvlaks thumbnail

• It may sound unfair but the truth and reality is that people point fingers at girls and not guys when a proposal goes sour, so girls should be extra careful when it comes to handling such relationships.
  • I realize it is wise to listen to your elders as they want the best for their kids and will always support and guide you.

Sarita  u r awesome ...๐Ÿ‘
Madhavi_Di thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks Sarita ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ‘ you  made  my  day. and  i  think  ye  shayed  mare  mom  bhi  ho  sakti  hai. ๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by: madhaviben

Thanks Sarita ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ‘ you made my day. and i think ye shayed mare mom bhi ho sakti hai. ๐Ÿ˜†

Madhavi di...yeh sirf aapki ya sari di ki mom nahin...hum mein se kisiki bhi mom ho sakti hai... ๐Ÿ˜†
Meri mom ka toh patent dialogue bhi hai..."jab tum khud maa banogi tab tumhe pata chalega"   ๐Ÿ˜† nd I think sabki mom yeh bolti hai... ๐Ÿ˜†Edited by Asawari_naksh - 12 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
here r a few tips for all those who visit the bank

1) before visiting the bank, call your husband and tell him that you're going to operate the locker

2) don't carry your locker keys with you to the market , incase u change ur mind , don't withdraw cash/jewellery from the bank locker

3) incase you get locked inside, keep sending blank sms's,

4) take a few extra bottles of water and food incase of emergency

5) forgive the poor bank manager, he was just doing his duty

a few tips for all those girls who r getting married

1) don't meet your fiance in public places, meet them in private, like college libraries.

2) never lie to your parents about ur meeting, not telling them anything is okay

Edited by _charu_ - 12 years ago
pvlaks thumbnail
Originally posted by: Asawari_naksh

Madhavi di...yeh sirf aapki ya sari di ki mom nahin...hum mein se kisiki bhi mom ho sakti hai... ๐Ÿ˜†
Meri mom ka toh patent dialogue bhi hai..."jab tum khud maa banogi tab tumhe pata chalega"   ๐Ÿ˜† nd I think sabki mom yeh bolti hai... ๐Ÿ˜†

You  r  absolutely  right...meri  mom  ka  trade  mark  tha  ye  dialogue...woh  saath  mein  ye  bhi  kehthi  thi  ki  tume  ek  beti hogi  na  tab  pata  chalega  ek  ma  ka  mann...