Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: chocolover89

TMK had a net gross of over 60 crores and that's considered a semi-hit according to BOI (πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ€”). It's another story everybody thinks its a massive flop. BBB made about 20 somehting crores (I think) and it's a hit.

The hit, superhit, average, semi-hit, flop statuses all depend on multiple factors like the budget of a movie.  

Anyways its disgusting how our actors earn something like 15-30 crores + profits while our actresses earn somethign like 4 crores. Gender discrimination at its best. πŸ₯±

It's not Gender Discrimination... it is Aam Janta who loves Heroes more den HEROINES... in the recent times... how many women oriented movies in which HEROINE is only the main lead have done well at BoXoffice ???/ u hardly get any numbers...

Movies like No One Killed Jessica - Brilliant Story, Brilliant Direction, Brilliant act by both Rani and Vidya... Movie deserves more success den it originally earned at BOX OFFICE...

If Female Stars can generate the equal number of income, den producers will give dem surely the same amount of profits which dey give 2 Heroes...
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
^LOL there was just as much halla when Akshay's news of getting 28 crores broke out. In fact I'd say there was more for Akshay.
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
I would love to see our Heroines doing UNDERWORLD[Hollywood] & Resident Evil kind of Movies in which Female Lead does the Super Mind Blowing Action in Stylish way...

Aisi Movies banao... give our female stars chance... phir kaise nahin denge woh profit share... dey will get it for sure...
Relda thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
LOL>. I mean I thought Salman fans would be seething instead of Celebrating that he is getting almost 10 crores less than a non-Khan who hasn't had a hit for like in 3 years. Otherwise.. 17 crore or 17 trillion.. all the same to me. It's not like they are going to give me 1 cent out of that
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: KatForeva

Agree! idk why ppl call them a flop pair or whatever. Only Yuvvraaj didn't do well. πŸ˜›

dont kill me guys πŸ˜† i know u two love sal-kat... buttt sallu didnt go with katrina in the end. he went with sushmitaπŸ˜†

and what i meant was when they are a couple in a movie, the movie doesnt work! in partner katrina and sallu werent paired together! mostt people dont like their jodi myself in that list. she looks better with akshay and ranbir IMO. she loosk too young around salman. IMHO! no offence
Edited by anu-pre4eva - 12 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Originally posted by: Da_BagarhBilla

It's not Gender Discrimination... it is Aam Janta who loves Heroes more den HEROINES... in the recent times... how many women oriented movies in which HEROINE is only the main lead have done well at BoXoffice ???/ u hardly get any numbers...

Movies like No One Killed Jessica - Brilliant Story, Brilliant Direction, Brilliant act by both Rani and Vidya... Movie deserves more success den it originally earned at BOX OFFICE...

If Female Stars can generate the equal number of income, den producers will give dem surely the same amount of profits which dey give 2 Heroes...

I agree women-oriented films don't generate the same numbers as the hero's movies do. But women and men are pretty much doing the same job, correct? Then they should earn the same. And there definitely should be THAT big of a difference between their paychecks.

Imran Khan earns more money than Kareena Kapoor per film. Kareena's been around for 10 years now..is at the top of her game; only current heroine to have 2 100+ crores movies to her credit.  Imran has 2 hits, 3 flops to his credit and has only been around for 3 years or so. How in the world does that make any sense or is even fair to begin with? In fact I'm pretty sure Imran earns more than all the current top heroines. If that's not gender discrimination, then I don't know what is.

Edited by chocolover89 - 12 years ago
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Originally posted by: anu-pre4eva

dont kill me guys πŸ˜† i know u two love sal-kat... buttt sallu didnt go with katrina in the end. he went with sushmitaπŸ˜†

woh isliye... kionki... laga laga laga re... laga laga laga re...PREM ROG πŸ˜›
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
males are valued more saaadly! 
and not just in bollywood are females paid less but also in like business and stuff. 

so much for women equality! 
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Originally posted by: chocolover89

I agree women-oriented films don't generate the same numbers as the hero's movies do. But women and men are pretty much doing the same job, correct? Then they should earn the same. And there definitely should be THAT big of a difference between their paychecks.

Imran Khan earns more money than Kareena Kapoor per film. Kareena's been around for 10 years now..is at the top of her game; only current heroine to have 2 100+ crores movies to her credit.  Imran has 2 hits, 3 flops to his credit and has only been around for 3 years or so. How in the world does that make any sense or is even fair to begin with? In fact I'm pretty sure Imran earns more than all the curent top heroines. If that's not gender discrimination, then I don't know what it.

I Agree...100% Right...

we dnt knw the exact scenario inside the industry... ab yeh toh inn heroines ko apni awaaj uthaani chahiye... dey shud open a morcha... dharna de do... producers ko manana hi padega... Female stars shud jointly make a Association kind of thing... den dey cud ask for more... 
gilmores thumbnail
@ anu
Yes so true...women equality doesn't exist as much as people think it does. Women have come a long way..but the discrimination still exsists. Bollywood and some other industries are full of it. πŸ₯±

@bb
I think Sridevi was the last heorine to actually command a price equivalent to that of her male counterparts and actually get it. πŸ‘πŸΌ I wanna see more of that happening! 

Bollywood's bias against their women is so annoying. But part of it also comes from the audience.
Edited by chocolover89 - 12 years ago