Sonny with a Chance to So Random?

_Sahra_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Link: http://popcrush.com/demi-lovato-sonny-with-a-chance-not-returning/

Demi Lovato Not Returning to 'Sonny With a Chance'

Frazer Harrison, Getty Images

Teenage actress/singer Demi Lovato is leaving her show 'Sonny With a Chance' to focus on music.

"It made sense for me to go ahead and leave the show to focus on my music," the Disney Channel star tells People magazine. "It's kind of sad for me that a chapter of my life has ended but there couldn't be a better time for me to move on."

Lovato entered rehab in November and released a video last month thanking her fans for their support. "I don't think going back to 'Sonny' would be healthy for my recovery," she says. "Being in front of a camera would make me nervous."

Focusing on music makes sense since Lovato already has a No. 1 album and several hit singles to her credit, including the Top 10 hit with Joe Jonas, 'This Is Me.'

Meanwhile, 'Sonny With a Chance' will continue, despite the loss of its star. The program will now be called 'So Random!' and will feature comedy sketches

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Sahra_ thumbnail
Yeah a New show is coming up SO Random Alll the actors form Sonny with chance is going to be in it.
muffins2waffles thumbnail
The So Random ads kinda suck. Not to bash :/
_Sahra_ thumbnail
I I agree , it just seems a little sad , I mean i like Chad and Sonny that's the main reason I watched
muffins2waffles thumbnail
^ I know. Actually I didn't really like Chad's character that much. I just watched it for Sonny/Demi. She was really sweet and funny(;
chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
^ Me too... Demi was the only reason I started watching that show :/ Oh well.
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
did chad leave too? or whats his role now?
GurTiLiciousW thumbnail
OMG realli loved her and Chad :(
sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
So Random is just boring to the core. I preferred watching Sonny With A Chance. They should have ended SWAC altogether instead of introducing a spin-off series!