Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

High Time Amir Salman & SRK shud retire! (Page 8)

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
But here I will say again, they should not retire. Act, but please, not with girls your daugther's age (unless the script is liek CHeeni Kum, lol)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

erasermysticgoryfilms-PinaColada-gilmores

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desigal90

^
Whatever

Chocolover89, bam, you nailed it.
Adios, I dont think its about chemistry. its more about an age bias against the women. WHY cant you take women that are in their 30s in these movies? Why dont the Khans work iwth  them? Shilpa, Sushmita, these are sexy women. Vidya is a powerful actress. You have so many girls choose from. Then WHY have htey created this system where the younger the better?

Now if the script demands it, I understand. It made sense to take Anu in Rab Ne coz the story demanded a younger, prettier girl in comparison to Suri. Kudos

But its not even the script's demand. Why take sonakshi in Dabang? Why someone so young? Why not new comers who are older?

I think they work with a mix of actresses from all ages.. kajol is still working with khans.. fanaa, mnik... i am sure they would be ready to work with vidya.. she is quite popular right now.. but they do out and out commercial movies.. and VB is not a glam doll.. shilpa and sushmita's career isn't in the best of shape... so its is still understanble... i think of the reasons why they work with fresh faces.. its not just the age factor.. but its also coz already our movies don't have any scripts.. and they have worked other actresses so many times.. that it gets boring to see the same pairs.. in same sorta love stories... i kinda liked vidya's emergence in the scene though.. she started her career at a late age.. and is working with men around her age.. she is a fresh face.. so she is getting more movies too... it would be nice.. if khans could work with someone their age.. some new... but its very rare that actresses start their careers at 30... they usually start doing movies in their 20s...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gilmores

eraser IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
Adios, once again, why get girls in their early 20s with the Khans?
Is it not possible to get beautiful wome in their late 20s or mid 30s? I know they exist. I've seen them.

Its just htey dont want to. Its a mentality, the younger the better. People will STILL go for their films Adios, coz all they care about is THEM.

On the ohter hand, its getting disgusting to see them with younger girls coz their age shows.

Like how Hansika was paired with Himesh...EWWW.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

erasergilmores

DevilsKick IF-Addictz
DevilsKick
DevilsKick

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
Nowdays Single Screen have lost their charm for urban audiences... as they prefer to goto multiplex only nowdays...

A normal expenditure of a Couple watching a movie in Multiplex is approx. = Rs.400-500/-

Success of movies like Dabangg and Ghajini where max revenue was generated from Multiplex ... indicates only 1 thing...

Audience just love their chemistry ... dey dn't feel a need 2 change... so kaahe ko tension lena ka... mast hoke picture dekhne ka ROFL
DevilsKick IF-Addictz
DevilsKick
DevilsKick

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 12:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by eraser

I really need to learn how to be logical like you. 

Thanks for reminding me about the petition though. Will update you all when I get a reply from them (change.org)

Be DilLogical a bit... it will change ur life... Wink

eraser IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 12:03am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mysticgoryfilms-PoisonIvy-desigal90

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 12:04am | IP Logged
^ Actually people didn't watch Dabangg or Ghajini or RNBDJ because Sonaskhi or Asin or Anushka was in it or they liked the chemistry. The watched it because Salman and Aamir and SRK were in it..and the movie's trailers/promotions appealed to them. The movies would have made the same business regardless of which actress was in it--maybe even better if it was an already popular actress/another actress from earlier? who knows?  The first 2 roles did not really require young girls. In Rab ne, it was justified according to the story.

The thing is our top actors don't seem to want to work with the actresses their own age (possibly because of boredom from working with them so many times? but it's not like they have worked with them in the recent past barring SRK with Kajol and Aamir with Rani Confused) and sadly the audience seems to want to watch younger, sexier girls also.

Edited by chocolover89 - 09 May 2011 at 12:11am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

erasermysticgoryfilmsdesigal90

Go to top