Stars support Thalasemia Patients-Sushita

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Stars support Thalassemia patients

We Care Trust invited celebrities from films, music and television to interact with children suffering from genetically acquired fatal disorder Thalassemia on the occasion of International Thalassemia Day yesterday. Thalassemia is a blood disorder that is inherited from the parents.

Well known faces from the tellyworld Sushant Singh Rajput, Ankita Lokhande, Manish Paul, Gurcharan Singh aka Sodhi from Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, Sailesh Lodha and others interacted with the patients, played games, chatted and entertained the kids. Celebrities from the film and music industry included Neetu Chandra, Sukhwinder Singh, Shreyas Talpade, Nikhil Dwivedi, Aditya Singh Rajput, Madhur Bhandarkar, Manjari Phadnis and RJ Mantra.

Sapna Jeswani, the force behind the NGO 'We Care' says, "Thalassemia has no cure and drains the family financially and emotionally. It can be prevented if parents are educated and made aware of defected gene in advance."

Sushant Singh Rajput, who has a great fan following among the kids says, "We met around 200 kids suffering from Thalassemia. I was so happy to meet and encourage them to fight their battle against the disease. All of them were so full of hope. Many of them were my fans but now I have become their fan."

Ankita Lokhande says, " We met around 200 kids and tied friendship bands on their wrists. We also clicked photographs with them. It was great to know that the kids are so crazy about our show but we were not there to promote our show but wanted to encourage the kids. The will power of these kids really inspired me. We also met one patient who works for HDFC bank which was again a great thing."

It is nice to see these celebrities taking out time from their busy schedule to attend events for a social cause.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=Stars-support-Thalassemia-patients&xfile=2011/May/News_20110509_13

Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Oh wow I didn't know there was an international thalsemmia day. It is good to raise awareness about thalsemmia, lots are affected by it including myself but fortunately in my case it is minor.

Thanks for the pic!! Ankita and Sushant look good
shootingstar27 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing.

Nice to see them in these kind of events.
Sushant looks good, Ankita looks tired.
LovePRSoham thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing.. Good to see this couple attending such events and creating awareness about such things... Sushant looks good and Ankita looks tired and her hair looks untidy.. She is wearing a dress similar to what I have 😃... My birthday dress
afreenahmadi thumbnail
thanks for sharin niced to se them in attendin such evnts 
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Anki's suit is really pretty and simple.. I like it.. but her hair.. :-S

Sushant is looking simple and cool as ever :-)

Thanks for sharing Armu.
Edited by nikitagmc - 12 years ago
Nisha_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thnx for the pic Armu :))

sorry for being slow but wat is Thalasemia Day?

Ankita luks tired and her hair is quite weird..but her dress is pretty <33
Sush cool but he is trying for Amitabh's beard or wat?lolll
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Ankita's dress is very nice and face wise she looks good but her hairstyle is so wrong .It would have been better had she gone with the straight hair loook ..
Armu4eva thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gene_Nisha

Thnx for the pic Armu :))

sorry for being slow but wat is Thalasemia Day?

Ankita luks tired and her hair is quite weird..but her dress is pretty <33
Sush cool but he is trying for Amitabh's beard or wat?lolll

World Thalassemia Day today

Special Correspondent

VIJAYAWADA: A blood donation camp would be organised on the premises of the Red Cross Society on Sunday to mark International Thalassemia Day. In a statement on Saturday, Sarath Babu Voggu of AP Thalassemia Society said thalassemia patients would be given free red blood cells.

Thalassemia is an inherited blood disorder in which the red blood cells contain a reduced amount of haemoglobin, or in severe cases, a lack of haemoglobin in the cells.  Haemoglobin is the oxygen carrying protein part of the red blood cell and a decreased level is the cause of most types of anaemia.  Thalassemia can range from mild to life threatening and therefore should be monitored.  Mr. Sarath Babu called for greater awareness on thalassemia among the public. He said patients with thalassemia face two problems, either they cannot produce enough red blood cells or many cells are destroyed; therefore, there is a shortage of red blood cells in the blood stream.  This in turn decreases the amount of oxygen which can be carried effectively throughout the body to vital organs.   

ProudSushantian thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks 4 sharing Armu.
Sushant lukng cool & Ankita lil bit tired.