Gulaal

TOI: Parthiv keeps me grounded-Manasi

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

PARTHIV KEEPS ME GROUNDED 

Actress Manasi Parekh Gohil in a chatathon with Ahmedabad Times 

Amrita Mulchandani 

It is not only her endearing character in the much popular TV show Gulaal,but also her lead role in India Calling that got actor and singer Manasi Parekh Gohil much acclaim.With her attractive eyes and a clear diction,Manasi comes across as a bubbly person when you chat with her.Presently Manasi is enjoying working in Gulaal where a generation leap has recently taken place.The plot is pretty interesting and is based on the old customs in rural areas,that when the husband dies,the widow is married off to the younger brother of the husband.And I am married to my younger brother-in-law.Today after the generation leap,the show has become interesting as the younger brother-in-law is falling in love with his wife (me) who is elder than him, she says.
When she is not acting,Manasi enjoys photography.She has not only spent months learning photography but has also taken the extra step of printing a calendar with photographs clicked by her.My friend is a great photographer and that is how I got interested in this field.We live in a very visually attractive world.It becomes more interesting for me as I have to face the camera everyday.I was intrigued at how I look behind the camera and thus got attracted towards photography, says Manasi.We ask her how does she spare time for photography in her much busy schedule and she says,Unfortunately I am not able to click as much,due to my hectic shooting schedules but I still manage some personal time with my camera.I keep the camera with me all the time. 
Next,she reveals that she recently launched her official blog.Her blog has a section which provides an inside analysis of the Indian entertainment industry.I was always interested in writing and I have done it since my childhood days.I write about everything that I come across in my day-to-day life.People think that TV actors are not very intelligent and dont have opinions or perspectives,but I like voicing mine.I am not here to change anything or create controversies but I love to write, she informs.
All of 26,Manasi looks much younger than her actual age and we ask her the secret of looking so good.I used to do weight trainings but now as I hardly have the time,I only do yoga.I have learnt Iyengar yoga and do pranayams and asanas regularly.I feel yoga helps in staying healthy.It adds to ones stamina,strength,balance and concentration.I dont keep a watch on what I eat and at times I do gorge on my favourite food. 
Married to the popular singer Parthiv Gohil since five years,Manasi finds marriage to be a learning experience.In five years of my married life I have become more matured.Being in the glamour world is not easy and I am happy that I have a supportive husband like Parthiv.He helps me in keeping a balance between work and home.He keeps me grounded, she says as she signs off.

Manasi Parekh Gohil 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arziya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
So Kesar Gulaal does get married, thanx for sharing cant wait for the epis to come