What is Gulaal's plan?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
I know that the show is moving towards a Gulaal-Kesar union but I don't understand what Gulaal is thinking or planning as far as Talli and Kesar's marriage is concerned. 

-Does she plan on divorcing Kesar?  seems far fetched for a rural village setting.

-After she gets Kesar to agree, does she plan on staying in the house as wife #1?    this would be really uncomfortable for everyone involved.  eek!  :(

-She is the beneficiary of Vasant's estate, does she plan on leaving?  Again seems far fetched considering everythng she has done to keep the family together.   Although it would be the best option.  Move to the city and live the good life. 

-Does she want another marriage?  - doesn't seem to be her character.

Marrying Talli to Kesar has always been her plan so she has to have something in mind, that is what  normal people do automatically.  Don't they?  I do.  I always have a future plan otherwise I can't operate.  Doesn't everyone?

Good point. She doesn't have a plan which is why Mota Bha keeps telling her what about her when "Krishna and Radha grow up". He said that the first time too when he heard about the deeyarvattu, and Gulaal keeps saying that she has all of them indicating that she will continue to stay with them. She has no plans for herself after marrying Kesar and Talli, she just sees her role as keeping the family intact for the rest of her life and fulfilling Vasant's dreams. It is silly for her to have no plan at all. It just shows how little she values herself and her life.

You are right, it will be awkward if she stays in the same house after Kesar & Talli's marriage (which is only in her mind), she thinks they can continue to live like that with her being a foster mother to Talli along with Sudha and babying Kesar. For someone who has had to bow to customs/society (deeyarvattu), she seems pretty naive.
You're right, they do seem to portray her a naive village girl ... who only thinks of her family and getting Kesar and Talli married is as far as she has thought. 

If she thinks she is going to stay on in the family then she really is naive! 
Good question, well what i think is that Gulaal only has one mission that is to fufill Vasan't dream and Kesar is one of Vasant's dream. I don't think Gulaal realises that she won't be able to bear the LOSS OF KESAR AGAIN by giving him to Talli and Kesar also doesn't know that he fully loves Gulaal. Once they realise this ( and i think this will happen when it comes out in the open about marrying Talli ) they both will realise what bond they have and that's when it will get interestin. Since Vasants dream was Kesar Gulaal cannot go against his wish and I'm sure Kesar would NEVER divorce her or any thoughts would ever come across his mind... so yeah the shows getting interesting :) lets see what happens!